PDA

View Full Version : WTF did I find in my backyard?!

rubelcon
12-26-2005, 09:54 AM
I do not claim the be the crocodile hunter, nor even an insect hunter :idiot2: but I found something odd in my backyard..

I thought this was a baby snake a few weeks ago when I seen it the first time, now they have four legs..

Somebody please tell me WTF this thing is!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/rubelcon/Picture048.jpg

Blaze
12-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh snap!

Billy is going to be so happy you finally found that!

(seriously though, it looks like a rail road spike)

Macky
12-26-2005, 10:03 AM
skink probably. id chop that thing in half and set it on fire.

ultraflip
12-26-2005, 10:13 AM
the plague

Blaze
12-26-2005, 10:13 AM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skink

ultraflip
12-26-2005, 10:20 AM
rubelcon!!! i need your help.... pm me if you get the chance

Thero
12-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Its a Lizard. I use to call them Aligator Lizards but I dont think thats what kind they are. We get a couple out here ever now and again. Some of them get to be as long as the top of your middle finger to your rist. They do bite but it doesn't hurt O0

*chris*
12-26-2005, 10:40 AM
i was gonna say salamander of some sort.

rubelcon
12-26-2005, 11:03 AM

Macky - Are skinks bad?

genrec
12-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Dude...you have just disvovered a new life form!!!! Possibly sent down by aliens to infest our planet!!! Call the MEN IN BLACK!!

Bills Evo
12-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Alright! It's a salamander, and it's harmless. Looks like a Pacific Slender Salamander, Batrachaceps sp.
I teach Biology and Herpetology was one of my specialties. * * * * * * * * *Bill, B.S., M.S.

genrec
12-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Alright! It's a salamander, and it's harmless. Looks like a Pacific Slender Salamander, Batrachaceps sp.
I teach Biology and Herpetology was one of my specialties. * * * * * * * * *Bill, B.S., M.S.

man you are jack of all trades ;)

ultraflip
12-26-2005, 11:15 AM
it's genrec's cack

rubelcon
12-26-2005, 11:17 AM

Ding, Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!

Pacific Slender Salamander
http://www.amazilia.net/images/Herps/Salaman/B_pacif.jpg

Now how much can I sell this thing for Bill?

Bills Evo
12-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Tell me where you live and I'll pin down the species. Seems I'm the resident authority at my school and in parts of the Anelope Valley. BTW Herpetology is the study of snakes, crocodilians, lizards, skinks, salamanders, frogs, toads, and caecelians, otherwise known as reptiles and amphibians. Sorry if I come across as a know-it-all but I've been on this planet for 61 years and spent most of those years in college. I don't know shit about marriage (been married 5 times)! * * * * * * * * * Bill

rubelcon
12-26-2005, 11:18 AM
it's genrec's cack

Why give him the benifit of the doubt?

rubelcon
12-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Tell me where you live and I'll pin down the species. Seems I'm the resident authority at my school and in parts of the Anelope Valley. BTW Herpetology is the study of snakes, crocodilians, lizards, skinks, salamanders, frogs, toads, and caecelians, otherwise known as reptiles and amphibians. Sorry if I come across as a know-it-all but I've been on this planet for 61 years and spent most of those years in college. I don't know shit about marriage (been married 5 times)! * * * * * * * * * Bill

Amazing.. I think you already pined it! I am in Fullerton.. from what I know, these things live in the dark where moisture exists..

genrec
12-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Your 61!!!! :-o

How old is your wife????

Bills Evo
12-26-2005, 11:26 AM
What'st worth? Hmmmm. Actually they are illegal to sell or transport across state lines. Know a guy that spent 19mos. in jail for transporting Gila Monsters from arizona to CA. I would release it back to the area where it was found. I THINK is's protected. Check the lastest CAlif Fish & Game publication, or on line, to see it's status.
The booklet you get when you get a fishing license(yeah, I know,Fishing license?) will list the reptiles and amphibians that are protected. Here's a good one, you may catch rattlesnakes but need a FISHING license!

Bills Evo
12-26-2005, 11:28 AM
My wife, Tiffany, is 24. and we have a 14 mo. old boy. Why do you ask? (as if I didn't know).

genrec
12-26-2005, 11:30 AM
:-o :-o :-o Its haunting!!

gofaster87
12-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Scary pic.

Chris in SD
12-26-2005, 04:32 PM
I like this Bill guy... I wanted to be a herpetologist when I was a kid. O0

Bills Evo
12-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks. Right now I teach Marine Biology. Been a diver since '78! Damn, I must be old.

Miss Evo8
12-27-2005, 03:00 AM
78!!! Wow that before some people on this forum where born!

j_nizzle
12-27-2005, 09:54 AM
78!!! Wow that before some people on this forum where born!

suyfergirl
12-27-2005, 11:04 AM
it's a newt. is there water anywhere in your back yard? Even if the grass is really moist, they love that.

AND if it has a yellowish/orangeish belly, it's called a California Newt...
totally harmless, and actually pretty personable.

My brother is a herpetologist... that's how I know this crap.

rubelcon
12-28-2005, 07:54 PM
it's a newt.* is there water anywhere in your back yard?* Even if the grass is really moist, they love that.

AND if it has a yellowish/orangeish belly, it's called a California Newt...
totally harmless, and actually pretty personable.

My brother is a herpetologist... that's how I know this crap.

Thanks.. It's actually a California Slender Solomander, very close to a Newt from what I hear..

To answer your question, no water in my backyard, but very damp grass. Although it did not have a yellow/orange belly... do people keep Newt's?

leaveit2bevo
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
forget the lizard that guy is 61 and his wife is 24

Racing Chick
12-28-2005, 08:39 PM

Impressve huh?

genrec
12-28-2005, 09:12 PM

Impressve huh?

:2funny:

Racing Chick
12-28-2005, 09:28 PM
What's so funny? Come on let's hear it. :smiley6600:

genrec
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
What's so funny? Come on let's hear it.* :smiley6600:

Your comment was funny....you dont have to answer anybody, you know that. You guys are cool with me...as long as you keep the graphics off your cars... O0

Racing Chick
12-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Those graphics are a thing of the past, along with those fire extinguishers! O0

Bills Evo
12-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Heeyyyy. Not so fast. I want two fire extinguishers now, one for each side. And graphics too. I want flames to cover everything even the windows. And four different wheels. An oil cooler on the roof, one dented fender and the other three fenders with primer on them. Maybe a donut on the right front.

genrec
12-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Heeyyyy. Not so fast. I want two fire extinguishers now, one for each side. And graphics too. I want flames to cover everything even the windows. And four different wheels. An oil cooler on the roof, one dented fender and the other three fenders with primer on them. Maybe a donut on the right front.

You can remove your spray painted intercooler mesh grill as well.... :roll:

Racing Chick
12-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Don't you worry, it will look like every one elses Evo. Plain.

genrec
12-28-2005, 10:19 PM

Yes, generic is where its at.

Racing Chick
12-28-2005, 10:49 PM

:grin:

j_nizzle
12-28-2005, 10:51 PM

You can remove your spray painted intercooler mesh grill as well.... :roll:

spray it black like wavmixer!

ultraflip
12-29-2005, 06:32 AM

:bs: fk that shit!

genrec
12-29-2005, 08:34 AM

:bs: fk that shit!

Mr.Blue himself..or is the Mr.Blew himself! :grin:

Bills Evo
12-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Ooooooooooooo. Wav. You've been called out. Ooooo I'm tellin' Mom. :knuppel2:

BOVBILLY
12-29-2005, 09:32 AM
BRIAN, DEEP FRY THAT THING!

Bills Evo
12-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey, hey, hey. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. :roll:

Blaze
12-29-2005, 09:41 AM
you keep the graphics off your cars... O0

WTH? You're fired as my graphics designer if you don't believe in your product, Jeff! :grin:

genrec
12-29-2005, 09:43 AM

WTH?* You're fired as my graphics designer if you don't believe in your product, Jeff! :grin:

There is a distinct difference in the graphics we are talking about here ;)

Terry S
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM

WTH?* You're fired as my graphics designer if you don't believe in your product, Jeff! :grin:

So if he slaps some of your graphics on his car its ok then? :?

Terry S

Blaze
12-29-2005, 10:18 AM
So if he slaps some of your graphics on his car its ok then? :?

Terry S

Sad, but true.

Everything I do is cool.

;)

genrec
12-29-2005, 10:42 AM

So if he slaps some of your graphics on his car its ok then?* :?

Terry S

You will see.... ;)

silvery_eagle
12-29-2005, 10:55 AM
uh....
what's the topic about again?

Terry S
12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Rubelcon's Lizard with Genrec's graphics kit put on it. Bill will have to alert the appropriate authorities when the new species is created.

Terry S

silvery_eagle
12-29-2005, 11:43 AM
lol
it's weird here in the US coz back in Asia mosquitos are quite common but you find very few of them here, same goes with ants.
i see things similar to that lizard lots of time back then.

Terry S
12-29-2005, 11:50 AM
lol
it's weird here in the US coz back in Asia mosquitos are quite common but you find very few of them here, same goes with ants.
i see things similar to that lizard lots of time back then.

It's called DDT and pest control.

Back in the day we decided to try to eliminate all the little pests that cause disease. We weren't successful in getting all of em, but the populations are significantly reduced.

In alot of other countries, they dont have the money or the means to use the pest control methods we once used. (DDT is very very difficult to buy and use thanks to a bunch of health scaremongers and the Greenpeace Nazi Union Organization)

Terry S

suyfergirl
12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
my brother used to have a whole bunch of them, they are really cool

rubelcon
12-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Rubelcon's Lizard with Genrec's graphics kit put on it. Bill will have to alert the appropriate authorities when the new species is created.

Terry S

:2funny: I hear genrec wants more then his graphics on it..

genrec
12-29-2005, 08:23 PM

Terry S

:2funny:* I hear genrec wants more then his graphics on it..

does it have a sticky back..i may want to get with it.

rubelcon
12-29-2005, 09:15 PM

Terry S

We can put your IX lip on it :2funny:

genrec
12-29-2005, 09:47 PM

Terry S

We can put your IX lip on it* :2funny:

como??

Bills Evo
12-30-2005, 04:44 AM
Hope you guys don't believe me about the graphics & all. I like to stir the pot.
Meet us at Robis on Sat. the 31st so I can meet ya'll. My wife and I will bring both evos we can all play in the dirt/mud. Bring some warm clothes 'cause it can get coooold. Bill