PDA

View Full Version : AEM UGEO & S-AFC II information

OCriminal
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
To be honest, what is the benefit to the
- AEM UEGO Model 30-4100

"AEM’s Wideband UEGO Controller is also available in a gauge that includes a single-channel analog output with a Bosch O2 sensor in one unit!

AEM’s Gauge-Type Wideband UEGO Controller features an LED readout and sweeping LED “needle” that changes colors as AFR changes from rich to lean. The unit’s 52mm (2-1/16”) gauge housing fits in most gauge pods and can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere. No laptop required for monitoring!"

and does the S-AFC II do the same thing, or could those be combined to form an excellent tune?

Also I have been considering the PLX-300
http://www.plxdevices.com/R-300_productinfo.htm
but Im wondering if that does what both of those products do combined?

Im a little confused and I need some straightening out.* Im trying to get products in order so Scot and tune my vehicle, but of course they all must be installed before he touches it...

Thanks for the information and explainations in advance !* O0

OCriminal
01-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Anyone want to explain this madness to a newb?

I have tons of mods already, a well constructed system of tuning agents, then me taking it to a shop of experience, is my goal...

Newb Powa!

Skiracer
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM
I don't have experience with the Ugeo unit, but i highly recommend Zeitronix ZT-2. Plus, Dr. Gray himself uses the ZT-2:

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

OCriminal
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
What about the difference between the

PLX-300

and S-AFC II?

Looks like PLX has more functions maybe?
It comes with-
R-300 Wideband Computer Basic Kit. Main unit, Bosch sensor, sensor harness, CD, USB interface cable

http://www.plxdevices.com/onlinestore_domestic.htm

The AFC can still adjust air/fuel through the main ECU but doesn't have a wideband sensor does it?

EVOMANIAC
01-03-2006, 09:26 AM
The S-AFC is what you use to make your adjustments. The PLX device is what you use to monitor your adjustments, specifically your O2(wideband). I have the R-500 from PLX and it is awesome. The R-500 is a bit pricey, but I think it is worth it. I can monitor knock, do not rely on the knock voltage on your S-AFC, O2, EGT, TPS, mph, rpm. You can datalog for about 80 mins, or live stream to a laptop.

GokuSSJ4
01-03-2006, 09:50 AM
keep in mind that the UEGO is limited to anything below 11:0 air/fuel, which in certain areas of your power band you will need.. so that should take care of that..
SAFC doesnt monitor any air/fuel, like they stated its mainly for adjusments, thats why its also strongly advise (if not a requirement) to have some type of monitoring device when tuning the SAFC, like: a pocket logger, air/fuel gauge and egts .. not necessary all of them but the more you can monitor the better and easier you can tune the car.. (unless you are scot, he can tune anything :P )
the zeitronix it's a nice wide band but like you mention and others have as well, you do have other options...

silex
01-21-2006, 03:49 AM
I have my new PLX R-500 for sale. Message me if interested.