PDA

View Full Version : How to ensure lots of track days in 2006

WavMixer
01-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok all you married guys, here's my story. Whenever I spend money on my car (parts or track days) Mrs Wav was commenting on how small her wedding ring set was. Christmas is over all the presents are unwrapped and I find my self at the mall with the Mrs. We wonder through the jewelry section and find this:

http://www.crescentjewelers.com/treat_yourself/winter_catalog/images/ind_pics/888610.jpg

After she tells me how beautiful the set is, and looks down at the inadequate set on her finger, I decided to buy this for her. 3 carats total, 1 carat in the center Marquee surrounded by 1 carat in smaller diamonds and 1 carat in the wedding band. Now she has lots of bling on the finger, and I have carte blanche on the track days. This my friends is how to keep the wife from nagging about how much you spend on your car. * O0

Terry S
01-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Ok all you married guys, here's my story. Whenever I spend money on my car (parts or track days) Mrs Wav was commenting on how small her wedding ring set was. Christmas is over all the presents are unwrapped and I find my self at the mall with the Mrs. We wonder through the jewelry section and find this:

http://www.crescentjewelers.com/treat_yourself/winter_catalog/images/ind_pics/888610.jpg

After she tells me how beautiful the set is, and looks down at the inadequate set on her finger, I decided to buy this for her. 3 carats total, 1 carat in the center Marquee surrounded by 1 carat in smaller diamonds and 1 carat in the wedding band. Now she has lots of bling on the finger, and I have carte blanche on the track days. This my friends is how to keep the wife from nagging about how much you spend on your car. * O0

+eleventybillion

Terry S

ovenmit331
01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
bling bling. haha.

but seriously. props for keepin the wifey happy. :)

GokuSSJ4
01-03-2006, 04:45 PM
big props..

bogey8
01-03-2006, 06:55 PM
until she finds another ring that has more bling. I can't believe you fell for that, Wav. She'll forget how much you spent on her ring sooner than you thought.

I'd say I'll give her 1 maybe 2 months and then the nagging about track days starts again. :2funny:

but if you really believe that buying her jewelry will help then that's all that matters. Good luck.

Don't worry, I made a similar mistake. Only worse. I bought my wife a whole new kitchen and all new appliances. I wished she would have asked for jewelry, it would have been cheaper. Oh well, let's see what happens after everything's installed.

Macky
01-03-2006, 08:56 PM
listen to Lykis 101 and you will have more track days.... O0

nothing wrong with the ring wav, but dont take this the wrong way. there is an old saying:

"if you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want a glass of milk".

i think you just left yourself wide open with the ring.

Justin1933
01-03-2006, 09:12 PM

nothing wrong with the ring wav, but dont take this the wrong way. there is an old saying:

Lol...If you really think Lykis 101 works, I can only imagine the type of girls you get...Someday you will grow up and understand life is give and take....I thought only White trash and dirtbags listen to what he says and actually takes it to heart...

Macky
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Lol...If you really think Lykis 101 works, I can only imagine the type of girls you get...Someday you will grow up and understand life is give and take....I thought only White trash and dirtbags listen to what he says and actually takes it to heart...

i listen to what he says but i use my own judgement on what i do. there are things i disagree with him and there are things i wholeheartedly agree with.

to put it frankly, he is not the kind of person i want to be but there are things he says that makes good sense.

genrec
01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Tom is Hilarious..pure comedy...definition of real "shockjock"

Macky
01-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Tom is Hilarious..pure comedy...definition of real "shockjock"

exactly. its called entertainment. you cant help but see some true things and some things you just wont agree on. if you somehow get insulted by what he says then you have got to have some sort of problem.

WavMixer
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Lykis is fun to listen to, and gives great advise if all you are looking for is getting laid with spending the bare minimum amount, but he is no expert on marriage. He's failed that coarse a few times now. I may have played up my story a bit, it was my idea to get it for her. I was thinking about it during dinner, then led her to the bait. Mrs. Wav is gonna be here for the long haul. She's given me two kids and three grandkids (BTW our 1st grand daughter was born Dec. 23!) as well as put up with me over the years. I easily spent twice this much in mods for my car last year. The only thing she wants now is a covered patio in the back yard. I want to put a sink and BBQ as well as landscape the whole back yard this year.

Miss Evo8
01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Nice ring.....that's pretty....I can tell you love your wife....just because you thought about her and did something for her to get something for yourself....its called compromise....more guys need to learn that....then maybe you'll get laid more!
Another route to take is find a girl who's idea of mother f-n Bling is a brand new HKS Turbo Kit! Now that's some BLING BLING!!!!! Pure Yumminess!

Macky
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Lykis is fun to listen to, and gives great advise if all you are looking for is getting laid with spending the bare minimum amount, but he is no expert on marriage. He's failed that coarse a few times now. I may have played up my story a bit, it was my idea to get it for her. I was thinking about it during dinner, then led her to the bait. Mrs. Wav is gonna be here for the long haul. She's given me two kids and three grandkids (BTW our 1st grand daughter was born Dec. 23!) as well as put up with me over the years. I easily spent twice this much in mods for my car last year. The only thing she wants now is a covered patio in the back yard. I want to put a sink and BBQ as well as landscape the whole back yard this year.

congrats on the granddaughter! so does she get a two-in-one gift? :grin:

and +1 on the BBQ. O0

EvoRution
01-03-2006, 10:47 PM
DAAAMMIITTT GRANT!!!! You should have put NSFW on it!!! (not safe for WIFE)..

I was reading this and then my wife started reading over my shoulder.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bogey8
01-03-2006, 10:58 PM
What Leykis says about women is 99% true. And majority of women fall into the "gold digger" category.

Sounds like MissEvo8 is one of the exceptions. O0

Terry S
01-04-2006, 10:38 AM
DAAAMMIITTT GRANT!!!!* *You should have put NSFW on it!!!* (not safe for WIFE)..

I was reading this and then my wife started reading over my shoulder.*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:2funny:

Terry S

BUDLoNG
01-04-2006, 11:16 AM
if wifey wants more jewelry.. she can buy it herself.

women can have jobs too in this day and age..

WavMixer
01-04-2006, 12:31 PM

Mrs Wav is a full time housewife. She only works for me :smitten: No payroll or paid vacations for her and she works for food. O0

BUDLoNG
01-04-2006, 06:25 PM
when u put it that way...
were can i get one of those :angel:

Miss Evo8
01-05-2006, 11:23 AM

Yes we do...and sometimes make way more money then guys....but it's still nice to have your husband/man buy you something special...

BUDLoNG
01-05-2006, 05:54 PM
its probably even nicer for the wife to buy the husband something as ridiculously expensive as jewelry..

im sure that is rare

Miss Evo8
01-05-2006, 10:56 PM
its probably even nicer for the wife to buy the husband something as ridiculously expensive as jewelry..

im sure that is rare

Then I must be Rare indeed....when I had a man I bought his ass shit all the time!!! He didn't appreciate it....so I bought myself an Evo....Evo parts....track days...A Raider.....and nothing for HIM!!!! :2funny: