PDA

View Full Version : need for the proper setting for my safc-II

drift_master
01-03-2006, 01:29 PM
hey guys* i just had my safc-II installed, the guys at dynamic autosports installed it but i dont think they set it properly since it was my girl who brought the car (i was in training in arizona) anybody can help about the settings???

my mods:

boost guage
hks blow-off valve
3 inch turbo back exhaust
turbo timer

its not much yet but im still working on injectors and cams....thanks for any help... :mitsu:

DTunedEvoX
01-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Not much you can do right now besides initial settings - unless you got a way to log data (pocketlogger) ... You can MAYBE lean out the top end but you'd still need a pocket logger for that :-P ..

I suggest you sit tight - get the rest of your mods (fuel injectors, pump, cams maybe even) before you go get a tune or start dabbling with tuning it yourself .. it'll make it worth your while! O0

quicksilverevo
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Did Dynamic just install it? When you say set it are you sure they didn't dyno it and set it? I just called today and they said they had a 4 wheel dyno. I wanted to buy an SAFC II also but they want $350-wow!

GokuSSJ4
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
as long as your settings are set at 0 % you should be fine, till you have a chance to get the car tune...

Blaze
01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Do not make changes to an SAFC without using some sort of tuning/logger.
Small changes can cause you big problems in the immediate future.

As stated above, you will require either a wide band O2 and/or a logger of some sorts.

There are several shops or people who can help you out and who are local to SoCal.

I suggest the following:

Scott Gray: PM Blak94GSX The Infamous SAFC Master
Project Gen: Contact Garry (www.projectgen.com)
Larry: PM turbolarry Another SAFC Guru
XS Engineering: www.xsengineering.com (but they're expensive as hell)
RRE: www.roadraceengineering.com (long que time, but good tunes)

Hope that helps.

Blaze

Skiracer
01-03-2006, 05:21 PM
wrong settings=engine blowup. Get a reputable tuner above to do the tune. With your existing mods, it may not be worthwhile getting a tune.... Talk to one of the tuners above for their opinions...

kayotic02
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I got safc II and i need for someone to help me tune it. i was tiring to do it myself with no knowledge but i read this and good thing cuz i dont want to mess it up so ill wait to get it tuned from somebody that knows. so can anybody help me with that or can anybody point me to someone that knows how to do it.

drift_master
01-05-2006, 12:06 AM
thanks alot you guys i talked to the guys from dynamic autosports and theyre going to take a look at the car this weekend i'll keep youi guys posted... thanks a bunch... O0

DTunedEvoX
01-05-2006, 01:25 AM
I got safc II and i need for someone to help me tune it. i was tiring to do it myself with no knowledge but i read this and good thing cuz i dont want to mess it up so ill wait to get it tuned from somebody that knows. so can anybody help me with that or can anybody point me to someone that knows how to do it.

Do not make changes to an SAFC without using some sort of tuning/logger.
Small changes can cause you big problems in the immediate future.

As stated above, you will require either a wide band O2 and/or a logger of some sorts.

There are several shops or people who can help you out and who are local to SoCal.

I suggest the following:

Scott Gray: PM Blak94GSX The Infamous SAFC Master
Project Gen: Contact Garry (www.projectgen.com)
Larry: PM turbolarry Another SAFC Guru
XS Engineering: www.xsengineering.com (but they're expensive as hell)
RRE: www.roadraceengineering.com (long que time, but good tunes)

Hope that helps.

Blaze