PDA

View Full Version : Handicap parking plackard

Bills Evo
01-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Couple of days ago my brother-in-law decides to use his aunts handicap plackard and gets caught. Fine? are you sitting down? $1500.
I forgot to hang mine up on the rear view mirror one day last year. Fine? $425. I appealed and only had to pay $25. Bill

ultraflip
01-04-2006, 07:46 AM
damn!!! how'd he get caught?

Miss Evo8
01-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Every placard has individual #s on it and the same #s are on the cars registration. I had a temporary one a few years ago....I'm a severe asthmatic and I was going thru a rough patch a few years back my Dr was kind enough to help me get one for 6 months. I couldn't walk 10 feet without being out of breath..... Anyhow if the cop asked him to verify if he was handicap and he couldn't produce....he's got a huge ticket. I had a cop approch me when I had mine. People automatically assume if you have a handicap you have to be in a wheel chair....not always the case.

Bills Evo
01-04-2006, 10:46 AM
As I understand it: He and his wife went to the Social security office. He parked in a handicapped space and waited while his wife went in. As she was walking in a security guard asked her is the guy handicapped? (He's 26 and healthy as a horse). She was caught off-guard and said yes, he asked what his handicap was and she said he's stupid! The guard went to check it out and wham! Busted. He had put his aunts plackard on the rearview mirror.
I'm 61 and have diabetes. I look very healthy but have severe pain in my feet as well as other foot problems. People look at me like...why do you have a plackard? No one asks me directly 'cause I look very mean, I'm 6'1" 260bs, have a broken nose like a fighter(Actually broke it several times, playing football and doing karate) . I keep in shape, kinda, working out on the bag, so other than a bit of a belly I'm fairly fit.
So if you see someone parked in a handicapped space and they don't LOOK handicapped, try not to judge by appearances. Considering what I've experienced: while in Viet Nam had both feet severly burned, hit in the back with schrapnel, survived a plane crash at Da nang, since then I've broken a hand, several broken ribs, crushed shoulder, gall bladder removed, open heart surgery(4 years ago), surgery for colon cancer in April '05, perpetual ringing in the ears, survived botulism poisoning, and I'm still walking. I'm sure others have endured much worse so no complaints from me.Sorry to bore you. Bill

Blaze
01-04-2006, 10:54 AM
How does anyone get caught with that?

I see Handi-implied people getting out of lowered Vettes wearing jogging suits.
WTH?

If you require a wheelchair/cain or walker, fine, you deserve a perminant plate.
If you hurt yourself lifting your paycheck on the way to the bank, screw you!
Park in the outlands with the rest of us!
http://www.premier.net/~cspedale/opus/images/opus.jpg

And if borrowed the car/hanger and you use it because you cannot be bothered to find parking, you deserve whatever fine you get.
:tickedoff:

Terry S
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
As I understand it: He and his wife went to the Social security office. He parked in a handicapped space and waited while his wife went in. As she was walking in a security guard asked her is the guy handicapped? (He's 26 and healthy as a horse). She was caught off-guard and said yes, he asked what his handicap was and she said he's stupid! The guard went to check it out and wham! Busted. He had put his aunts plackard on the rearview mirror.
* * I'm 61 and have diabetes. I look very healthy but have severe pain in my feet as well as other foot problems. People look at me like...why do you have a plackard? No one asks me directly 'cause I look very mean, I'm 6'1" 260bs, have a broken nose like a fighter(Actually broke it several times, playing football and doing karate) . I keep in shape, kinda, working out on the bag, so other than a bit of a belly I'm fairly fit.
* * So if you see someone parked in a handicapped space and they don't LOOK handicapped, try not to judge by appearances. Considering what I've experienced: while in Viet Nam had both feet severly burned, hit in the back with schrapnel, survived a plane crash at Da nang, since then I've broken* a hand, several broken ribs, crushed shoulder, gall bladder removed, open heart surgery(4 years ago), surgery for colon cancer in April '05, perpetual ringing in the ears, survived botulism poisoning, and I'm still walking. I'm sure others have endured much worse so no complaints from me.Sorry to bore you.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Bill

Damn Bill. Were you the pilot in the plane crash? My step dad flew F-4's for the Marines but never got to see combat in Nam. The operations stopped before he was givin his first mission.

Terry S

Bills Evo
01-04-2006, 12:30 PM
No not the pilot. I was in the cargo hold of a C123 on my last leg out country, in Sept. '66. We took so much small arms fire, and I think, no so small arms fire that we had no hydraulics when we landed, no flaps or landing gear. Whooo hooo what a ride! Seat belts didn't hold for many of us and we flew around like ping pong balls. Amazingly enough, all I got was lots of bruises. Some others didn't make it.

Evoegg
01-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Tell those cops come to Focus Plaza at San Gabriel.... and you will see Ferrali/Lambo/Hammer .. etc etc park at the Handi's Parking space .. and the security guard is GUARDING for those rich people ............

and I yet seen any of them got any ticket....

btw cops ALWAYS there to check out double parking but seems like cops never wanna give those rich bastard any ticket.....

once you are rich. you are away from any tickets coz those wont hurt you anymore ...........................

sad

Evoegg

Chris in SD
01-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Wow

evoegg

enough

line

breaks? :buck2:

Back on topic - It's precisely because of guys like Bill that I DON'T get a handicap placard even when I'm eligible (30% VA disability). I still feel bad when I have to go to the VA hospital and I see all these amputees in line with me and they're looking at me like, "WTF". I feel kinda lame telling them about my blown-out shoulder and bum knee... :-(

gen4k20a2
01-20-2006, 12:58 PM
bill i hope to follow in your footsteps.....61 and rockin an evo O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

WavMixer
01-20-2006, 01:12 PM
bill i hope to follow in your footsteps.....61 and rockin an evo O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
61, rocking an Evo and 24 year old wife. I hope I have that much stamina when I hit 60!

gen4k20a2
01-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Tom Lykus maybe? is he that old?

Terry S
01-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Tom Lykus maybe? is he that old?

Tom Lykus is to much of a choad to sport an Evo. That man is a Buick/Lincoln man all the way.

Terry S

gen4k20a2
01-21-2006, 12:08 AM
true...he does have a wine tasting show on saturdays. makes him looks like a damn fairy. listen to it and youll be like...thats not the same f'in guy

Terry S
01-23-2006, 10:40 AM
true...he does have a wine tasting show on saturdays. makes him looks like a damn fairy. listen to it and youll be like...thats not the same f'in guy

It's because the man is an entertainer. The show isn't the true reflection of the man.

Terry S

7m6m4
02-07-2006, 08:08 PM
wow that sucks