PDA

View Full Version : Socal dealerships question

One Evo Pinay
01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know a car dealership that will pay off your car no matter how much you owe? We're thinking of selling the husband's car, and I think we owe more than what it's worth. I just don't want negative equity that's all. I think if I remember correctly Universal City Nissan had an advertisement stating such, but I checked their website and it didn't say anything about it. I know Carmax doesn't do it. Thanks guys. 8)

speedracer2169
01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
It's a sales gimmick what we do is pay off your car and the negative equity qill go on top of the the new car that you buy. For example if your car is worth 15k and you owe 20k then 5k will go on top of the price of the new car that you are buying. Are you guys looking for a new car or just trying to get rid of it?

nurb2
01-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Almost all car dealerships will pay off your car within reason, but they are definitely going to fold the difference into your new loan. Nobody is going to pay off your car without recouping their loss.

-nurb2-

One Evo Pinay
01-06-2006, 07:02 PM
It's a sales gimmick what we do is pay off your car and the negative equity qill go on top of the the new car that you buy. For example if your car is worth 15k and you owe 20k then 5k will go on top of the price of the new car that you are buying. Are you guys looking for a new car or just trying to get rid of it?

Looking to buy a different car, probably just buy a used car. So basically just try to negotiate like hell huh?

speedracer2169
01-06-2006, 07:04 PM
pretty much what kind of car are you looking for? I'm an assistant used car manager so I can give you a pretty good idea like how much your car is going for at wholesale and what you should be paying for a used car

speedracer2169
01-06-2006, 07:05 PM
If you are looking at a used car make sure you ask the dealer to show you in writing what they have done to the car ie: maintanence, cosmetics. I spend anywhere from $1500 to almost $3000 dollars in reconditioning my used cars. Other dealers will just wash it and let it sell without even checking the brakes

One Evo Pinay
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
You got pm speedracer.

speedracer2169
01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
replied