PDA

View Full Version : Switching Evo 8 Tailights to Less Conspicuous

OCriminal
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
I want to switch out my Evo 8 tail lights (black MR type) http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/kialchristopher/evo16.jpg

to the All Red Type Tail lights that make the evolution look more legit / less modified (Im still not driving it).

Question- Will Evo 7 Tail Lights work on the Evolution 8? Or do they have to be JDM Evo 7 tails for direct replacement?

Trying to find me a nice set of all reds.. (clear on bottom of course)

indianevodriver
01-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Just get some Vinyl overlays for the JDM 7 look. Its the cheapest way to go and it looks pretty good. If you look around the forums you will find a couple people that can do the JDM 7 tails for you.

OCriminal
01-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Im not really down with overlays.

I want a clean new unit because my drivers side rear tail light gets condensation in it sometimes and it bugs the crap outta me because i obsess over shit

Skiracer
01-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Yes JDM Evo 7 tails will fit the Evo 8 perfectly. Here they are on my old car

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/normal_108-0813_IMG.JPG

j_nizzle
01-08-2006, 01:14 PM
if you drive like a maniac, cops will notice you regardless. just think about that. a lot of guys here would rather look stock and drive like assholes. i wonder how many tickets billy has gotten in the evo....? even if you look more stock, cops usually try to do their jobs and will pull over and ticket drivers who deserve it. granted some people get pulled over for nothing but you know what i mean. change your driving, not your mods.

SpdyEvo02
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
maybe try posting some where else besides the newbie section as for it is intrducing yourself the rest of the forum if for asking questions and more people will respond

OCriminal
01-08-2006, 03:12 PM
I DIDNT (i dont drive it anymore) drive like an asshole at all.* Im driving a car that* :police: want to pull over because it looks modified.* Yes, my carbon fiber black hood does not help on a white vehicle, but I am trying to get it as stock looking as possible.

I feel like a newb, so I post here. I would post in another forum, but im not sure which is best suited for these basic questionos..

Believe it or not, I dont speed either.* I just want to look more legit, and not drive around after 10pm when there is less passenger vehicles on the road, and what seems like, more police.

Tailights- Do they have to be JDM or would anything made for a 2002-2003 Lancer Evolution 7 work??????/

SpdyEvo02
01-08-2006, 04:07 PM
most of it can be posted in general forums and if it shouldnt be there then an admin will move it for you

j_nizzle
01-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I DIDNT (i dont drive it anymore) drive like an asshole at all. Im driving a car that :police: want to pull over because it looks modified. Yes, my carbon fiber black hood does not help on a white vehicle, but I am trying to get it as stock looking as possible.

I feel like a newb, so I post here. I would post in another forum, but im not sure which is best suited for these basic questionos..

Believe it or not, I dont speed either. I just want to look more legit, and not drive around after 10pm when there is less passenger vehicles on the road, and what seems like, more police.

Tailights- Do they have to be JDM or would anything made for a 2002-2003 Lancer Evolution 7 work??????/

you can modify the stock ones like you did, evo7 tails, evo 8 jdm/uk tails, or evo 9 tails usdm/jdm. all will work. just search around for who has what. red=7, black housing with amber signal is jdm mr style, altezza housing with amber signal is jdm gsr style, chrome back housing with clear signal is usdm 9 style. the ones i listed are all the ones for the evo that are oem type aside from the stock usdm 8 tails.

volcomguy84
01-08-2006, 06:29 PM
ygpm

Gear Grinder
01-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I just want to look more legit
take the wing off, buy evo 7 tails, and you will look like a stock Lancer like me :angel:
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10863/trunk%202.JPG

MYFIRSTEVO
01-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Danny, your car looks sweet man! BTW,How come you never stop by the OC meet anymore? :tickedoff:

Gear Grinder
01-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Danny, your car looks sweet man! BTW,How come you never stop by the OC meet anymore? :tickedoff:
The police behind the orange curtain scare me. :oops: Maybe I'll sneek in there this week.