PDA

View Full Version : Good ski resorts in Lake Tahoe area??

Skiracer
01-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey Guys,
I have a ski trip to Lake Tahoe soon and below is a list of ski resorts nearby my hotel in Incline Village, Nevada.* Since i've never skiied Tahoe, i was hoping some members can chime in on some resorts to visit and some to avoid. BTW, i'm an advanced level skier. So hopefully i don't end up at a resort with all beginner runs.

Alpine Meadows

Diamond Peak* *

Heavenly

Homewood Mountain Resort

Kirkwood

Northstar at Tahoe

Sierra at Tahoe

Squaw Valley

Sugar Bowl

Thanks!

SpdyEvo02
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I have been to Kirkwood once and i really liked it. The 3 days we were there is snowed so there was always fresh powder. One of the trails starts at the top of a mountain and the view is awsome.

You can check here for some info on the rest..http://www.laketahoeskiing.com/

EVOate909
01-08-2006, 08:07 PM
O0
heavenly
kirkwood
northstar

:buck2:
squaw

j_nizzle
01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
i've been to heavenly...good/fun park!

evofosizzo
01-08-2006, 11:20 PM
i've been to heavenly...good/fun park!

+1
I had fun at heavenly.

silvery_eagle
01-09-2006, 01:23 AM
me too.. went to heavenly ... great place for beginners and expert..
my hotel is "the block" noisy as hell lol

sspeed
01-09-2006, 02:56 PM
O0
heavenly
kirkwood
northstar

:buck2:
squaw

Are you kidding me??? Heavenly is great if you like traversing all day. Kirkwood and Northstar are nice family areas..But not very steep. If you are an advanced skier, Squaw is the best mountain assuming that there is snow.

Alpha4LFE
01-10-2006, 02:29 PM
i grew up skiing tahoe. i love squaw. you can't go wrong there. perhaps check out northstar at tahoe as well. those are my two favorite resorts. also, kirkwood if you want to. i wouldn't really bother with the other ones. i heard it's been snowing these past couple of days in tahoe so squaw will definitely have new snow. if you go there, definitely ski kt22.