PDA

View Full Version : California governor admits he has no motorcycle license

Skiracer
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/10/schwarzeneggar.license.ap/index.html

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger was riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle illegally over the weekend when he collided with a car in his Brentwood neighborhood, the Los Angeles Police Department said Tuesday.

Police Lt. Paul Vernon said Schwarzenegger does not have the proper motorcycle endorsement on his California driver's license, contradicting statements made by his spokeswoman since the Sunday accident that left the governor with 15 stitches in his upper lip.

"He does not have the license," Vernon said.

Police did not cite the governor because they arrived after the accident, Vernon said. Police referred their findings to the Los Angeles city attorney's office, which will determine whether the governor should be cited for an infraction.

The city attorney's office could not immediately confirm receipt of the department's report.

Schwarzenegger spokeswoman Margita Thompson, acting on initial information Sunday, said the governor's Class C license allowed him to ride the motorcycle with its sidecar attached. His 12-year-old son, Patrick, was riding in the sidecar but was not injured.

Schwarzenegger, a Harley Davidson owner who rides regularly with friends along the California coast, said Tuesday that he never bothered to obtain a California motorcycle license because he "never thought about it."

"I just never really applied for it," he said, responding to a reporter's question during a state budget briefing. "It was just one of those things that I never really did."

Schwarzenegger collided with a car while riding his motorcycle with his son near his Los Angeles home.

In a statement issued after the LAPD's announcement, Thompson said the governor "will move forward to get the appropriate endorsement."

To get an M-1 or M-2 endorsement, a motorcycle rider must pass a Department of Motor Vehicle skills test or take a motorcycle training course from a program approved by the California Highway Patrol.

Driving a motorcycle without the proper license is an infraction that can result in fines ranging from $100 to $250 or more.

Schwarzenegger said he had a motorcycle license when he lived in Europe, but never thought about getting another one after he immigrated to the United States in 1968.

genrec
01-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Surprise, surprise.... :roll:

He's a lying, cheating, son a bitch like all politicians! Only they all can say KALII$NORYA...and he cant!! :uglystupid2:

R3dline
01-10-2006, 07:53 PM
LOL It would be funny if the cop had asked if he's exhaust was modified... :D

nothere
01-10-2006, 09:33 PM
makes me think more of him

Terry S
01-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Here's an update. Looks like he doesn't need a motorcycle license afterall since he had a side carriage.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/POLITICS/01/11/schwarzenegger.license.ap/story.SCHWARZENEGGER.jpg

Schwarzenegger: I'll update driver's license

Wednesday, January 11, 2006; Posted: 11:04 a.m. EST (16:04 GMT)

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger vowed to update his driver's license after police determined he had been riding his Harley Davidson illegally when he got into a minor accident last weekend.

Police did not cite the governor because they arrived after the accident. Officers referred their findings to the city attorney's office, which will determine whether Schwarzenegger should be cited for an infraction.

Schwarzenegger "will move forward to get the appropriate endorsement," the governor's spokeswoman, Margita Thompson, said Tuesday, two days after the accident that left him with 15 stitches in his upper lip. (Watch what the governor said about doctor's orders and his wife's reaction --1:52)

City attorney spokesman Jonathan Diamond said the office had not received the LAPD report. Driving a motorcycle without the proper license can result in fines ranging from $100 to $250 or more.

But while police determined that the governor had violated a traffic law, other agencies disagreed, citing different sections of the state vehicle code.

Spokesmen for the California Highway Patrol and state Department of Motor Vehicles said the governor's basic Class C license allowed him to ride the motorcycle with its sidecar attached.

Schwarzenegger's 12-year-old son, Patrick, was riding in the sidecar during the accident but was not injured. Both Schwarzenegger and his son were wearing helmets.

Schwarzenegger, a Harley Davidson owner who rides regularly with friends along the California coast, said Tuesday that he never bothered to obtain a California motorcycle license because he "never thought about it."

Schwarzenegger said he had a motorcycle license when he lived in Europe but never considered obtaining another one after he immigrated to the United States in 1968.

"I just never really applied for it," he said.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

genrec
01-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Here's an update. Looks like he doesn't need a motorcycle license afterall since he had a side carriage.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/POLITICS/01/11/schwarzenegger.license.ap/story.SCHWARZENEGGER.jpg

Schwarzenegger: I'll update driver's license

Wednesday, January 11, 2006; Posted: 11:04 a.m. EST (16:04 GMT)

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger vowed to update his driver's license after police determined he had been riding his Harley Davidson illegally when he got into a minor accident last weekend.

Police did not cite the governor because they arrived after the accident. Officers referred their findings to the city attorney's office, which will determine whether Schwarzenegger should be cited for an infraction.

Schwarzenegger "will move forward to get the appropriate endorsement," the governor's spokeswoman, Margita Thompson, said Tuesday, two days after the accident that left him with 15 stitches in his upper lip. (Watch what the governor said about doctor's orders and his wife's reaction --1:52)

City attorney spokesman Jonathan Diamond said the office had not received the LAPD report. Driving a motorcycle without the proper license can result in fines ranging from $100 to $250 or more.

But while police determined that the governor had violated a traffic law, other agencies disagreed, citing different sections of the state vehicle code.

Spokesmen for the California Highway Patrol and state Department of Motor Vehicles said the governor's basic Class C license allowed him to ride the motorcycle with its sidecar attached.

Schwarzenegger's 12-year-old son, Patrick, was riding in the sidecar during the accident but was not injured. Both Schwarzenegger and his son were wearing helmets.

Schwarzenegger said he had a motorcycle license when he lived in Europe but never considered obtaining another one after he immigrated to the United States in 1968.

"I just never really applied for it," he said.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

oh of course...if it were anybody else, they would have there ass handed to them..gotta love the system. :roll:

Terry S
01-11-2006, 03:09 PM
oh of course...if it were anybody else, they would have there ass handed to them..gotta love the system. :roll:

Nope, anyone else would be in the same situation. And dont knock a system you might be abusing yourself. Have you ever received discounts when buying things for your Evo? Same thing. ;)

If we ever meet at some meet I have a feeling we'll be pissing everyone off by arguing about everything other than cars. :2funny:

Terry S

genrec
01-11-2006, 03:44 PM

Nope, anyone else would be in the same situation. And dont knock a system you might be abusing yourself. Have you ever received discounts when buying things for your Evo? Same thing.* ;)

If we ever meet at some meet I have a feeling we'll be pissing everyone off by arguing about everything other than cars.* :2funny:

Terry S

I wouldnt argue, i would laugh..i can truthfully careless..Rob pays me to come on here piss people off.. :2funny: :2funny:

j/k..i think i met you at the pch cruise to hb...you wearing the corny spiderman looking shirt.... :2funny:

Terry S
01-11-2006, 04:07 PM

Nope, anyone else would be in the same situation. And dont knock a system you might be abusing yourself. Have you ever received discounts when buying things for your Evo? Same thing.* ;)

If we ever meet at some meet I have a feeling we'll be pissing everyone off by arguing about everything other than cars.* :2funny:

Terry S

I wouldnt argue, i would laugh..i can truthfully careless..Rob pays me to come on here piss people off.. :2funny: :2funny:

j/k..i think i met you at the pch cruise to hb...you wearing the corny spiderman looking shirt.... :2funny:

Lol. No no, that wasn't me. I think that was one of the Matt's. :2funny:

I was there with my wife. I think I had my blue shirt on that day.

Terry S

drmosh
01-19-2006, 12:41 PM
figures is why he crashed the thing or somebody supposedly crashed into him... he can't drive the damn thing...