PDA

View Full Version : Redline: Time Attack!

Chris@Redline
01-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi all,

RedlineTrackEvents is proud to announce the next Redline: Time Attack! to be held at California Speedway's interior road course in Fontana, CA on March 4 & 5, 2006. The Redline: Time Attack! is bringing one of Japan's classic motorsports events to eager American tuners ready to prove their tuning skills and driving prowess in a race against the clock. Many of the strongest names in American and Japanese tuning will be on-hand to test their might. Most importantly, a wide range of classing allows cars to compete in any level of tune to enter into competition with cars of similar specification, so the challenge is open to anybody and everybody who is willing to take the bragging rights at this inaugural motorsports event.
The California Speedway interior road course closely matches the best Time Attack circuits run in Japan. It's 13 turns, 1.6 mile course is perfect for our first California based Redline: Time Attack!

Go to: http://redlinetimeattack.com/index.html for more into about our classing system and registration for this event.

All racers are welcome! We have a place for daily driven street cars to full blown professional class race cars.
A test and tune is available on Saturday, March 4th for addition open track time for anyone. There will be ample track time for anyone seeking open track time without racing. For more info on open track events, please visit: http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/

We held our first Redline: Time Attack! on November 6th following the SEMA show at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. We had a great turn out and with the media exposure we receive form the G4 TV show "Street Fury" and magazine coverage from Modified Magazine, I'm sure we'll have a very successful 2006 season. For more info on our last Time Attack, you can go here to see some of the highlights:
http://www.modified.com/events/articles/13-410163.html

This is the first of many Redline: Time Attacks to be held across the country.
Our 2006 season will be held at:
Mar. 4th-5th -- California Speedway
Mar. 31st-Apr. 2nd -- Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
Sep. 22nd-24th -- Summit Point, West Virginia
Dec. 2nd-3rd -- Buttonwillow Raceway, California
Hope to see you at the track!
Thanks,
Chris Willard

Richard EVO
01-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Chris -

As I understand it, Sat. Mar. 4 is just a regular RedlineTrackEvents HPDE day, with 3 run groups. Sun. Mar. 5 is the time attack. Is that right?

About how much track time can a Time Attack driver expect to get all day Sunday? Thanks.

Nikolas@Redline
01-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Richard,

You should expect to receive about 2 hours of track time on Sunday...

superman105
01-23-2006, 12:05 AM
cool Calispeedway is fun :grin:

emperor_gp
01-23-2006, 12:09 AM
who's already registered for this event?

G20
01-23-2006, 02:16 PM
This track is fun and scary fast. I ran up to over 125 mph last time there on the straigh-away and brake hard for the corners. It scared the sh*t out of me.* :grin: I hope I can take care some minor problems of my car on time so that I can go.

airforce1
01-23-2006, 02:51 PM
wow, time attack is a very good concept. Will times be posted here on this thread?

Chris@Redline
01-30-2006, 03:47 PM
I've got a gallery up if you want to see some pictures from the last one:
http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-g.html
You may see some familiar faces there O0

silver04rs
02-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Bump for a great event coming up soon

Travis- The Gravel Crew
www.gcrallyx.com

Richard EVO
02-24-2006, 04:46 PM
OK, the weather report is looking good 8 days out. Up until today, they were predicting rain for Sat. Mar. 4 in the long term forecast but clear Sunday. Now its mostly sunny Sat. and very sunny Sun., so it's looking great for both days. Hope to see you out there.

Muellerized...
03-01-2006, 05:22 PM
RedlineTrackEvents is proud to announce the next Redline: Time Attack! to be held at California Speedway's interior road course in Fontana, CA on March 4 & 5, 2006.
We will run Kent Jordan in our Muellerized Evo in the unlimited class. We will do our best to uphold Evo honor against Tarzan in the XS Skyline. :knuppel2:

Ricardon
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
RedlineTrackEvents is proud to announce the next Redline: Time Attack! to be held at California Speedway's interior road course in Fontana, CA on March 4 & 5, 2006.
We will run Kent Jordan in our Muellerized Evo in the unlimited class. We will do our best to uphold Evo honor against Tarzan in the XS Skyline. :knuppel2:

Kick his ass John!!!!!

Skiracer
03-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Wow, Tarzan. A formidable competitor :skid:

Senshi
03-01-2006, 06:25 PM
damn that will be a great battle, go mullerized team!!!! O0
if i get my new tires in time im also going to try to enter this in the modified class.

Skiracer
03-01-2006, 06:36 PM
If i just wanna watch, how much is the entry fee? My car is not track ready at the moment...

Senshi
03-01-2006, 07:18 PM
If i just wanna watch, how much is the entry fee? My car is not track ready at the moment...

i think its free

emperor_gp
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM
It is.

silvery_eagle
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow, Tarzan. A formidable competitor :skid:

more like a crazy competitor.. regardless .. i like him :)

WavMixer
03-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Are you guys gonna be running both Saturday and Sunday?
I wanna go at least one day to watch, but not both. I would prefer to be there on a day that the Evos are running.

Skiracer
03-02-2006, 08:47 PM
I'll be there Sunday to watch the time attack. Wav, if the badges are ready by then, can you bring mine? O0

slider
03-02-2006, 08:49 PM
We're planning on being there both days.*

-Kent

Richard EVO
03-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Are you guys gonna be running both Saturday and Sunday?
I wanna go at least one day to watch, but not both. I would prefer to be there on a day that the Evos are running.

Time Attack is Sunday only. That would be your best bet.

Senshi
03-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Just signed up ill be running in the modified class on sunday although im just kinda doing it for fun since it will be my first time doing cali speedway.

Miss Evo8
03-03-2006, 02:45 AM
How many cars are signed up? How many Evos?

Senshi
03-03-2006, 02:55 AM
How many cars are signed up? How many Evos?

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/driver_list_spdway.html

Miss Evo8
03-03-2006, 03:37 AM
Quite a few "Big named" Evos in the modified class... Works, forum-restricted, Project Gen, a few others.... I would think they would be in the Unlimited class :roll:

What's "Forum restricted" why was my post changed? Why can't I say VISHNU?
What is this "Harry Potter" and he who must not be named? I don't get it? Is the name VISHNU all powerful and destructive? What's going on?

Skiracer
03-03-2006, 11:10 AM
They're all scared of Kent's Evo Q O0

Richard EVO
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Kent signed up just yesterday, and he's running in the unlimited AWD class. That ought to shake things up. O0

WavMixer
03-03-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll be there (as a spectator) Sunday with Mrs Wav, Racing Chick and Bills Evo.

volcomguy84
03-03-2006, 01:03 PM
I'll be there Sunday to watch the time attack. Wav, if the badges are ready by then, can you bring mine? O0
+1

Richard EVO
03-03-2006, 02:59 PM
WORKS will be attending this event with our AWD/limited class- Time Attack Evo.

Do you mean "unlimited" class?

silvery_eagle
03-03-2006, 03:03 PM
he really mean limited...
by the way that sucked i can't go... this seems to be a HUGE event!
all those big names!

Richard EVO
03-03-2006, 03:06 PM
On the Redline website, I see only 3 AWD classes for the time attack: (1) Street; (2) Modified; and (3) Unlimited. No "limited."

Senshi
03-03-2006, 04:49 PM
from the looks of the works car in the pics im going to guess it will run in the unlimited class since it has a full roll cage and a gutted interior.

slider
03-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey Evo weenies,

* I just checked the event sign up list and see that there are scads of Subbies registered but no Evo's.

* What's up?

* -Kent

Senshi
03-03-2006, 07:02 PM
well it seems theres at least 6 evos signed up and about 8 STIs altough there are a bunch of AWD cars that dont say what they are hopefully there will be more EVOs.

Richard EVO
03-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Kent -

I will be there, John has finished working his magic.* :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/cal_interiorcourse.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/LagunaSeca9-05008.jpg

GokuSSJ4
03-04-2006, 02:00 AM
just be careful old man, take care of your car... from the looks of it, you need a new paint job already...

WavMixer
03-04-2006, 03:09 AM
just be careful old man, take care of your car... from the looks of it, you need a new paint job already...
I'm looking forward to the day when Goku is called "old man." :twisted:

Senshi
03-04-2006, 03:20 AM

bah i already call him an old man

WavMixer
03-04-2006, 03:39 AM

bah i already call him an old man
O0

zmeli
03-04-2006, 09:26 AM
When will the AWD cars be running?* Are they grouped together with the the others?
Sunday March 5th

7:00am- Gates Open
7:30am- Tech Inspections Begin
8:15am- Team/Drivers Meeting
10:00am- Tech Inspections End
9:00-9:30am- Street Class Practice Session #1
9:30-10:00am- Modified Class Practice Session #1
10:00-10:30am- Unlimited Class Practice Session #1
10:30-11:00am- Street Class Practice Session #2
11:00-11:30am- Modified Class Practice Session #2
11:30am-12:00pm- Unlimited Class Practice Session #2

12:00 -12:30 - Lunch Break

12:30-1:00pm- Street Class Time Attack Session #1
1:00pm-1:30pm- Modified Class Time Attack Session #1
1:30pm-2:00pm- Unlimited Class Time Attack Session #1
2:00pm-3:00pm- Open Practice Session
3:00pm-3:30pm- Street Class Time Attack Session #2
3:30pm-4:00pm- Modified Class Time Attack Session #2
4:00pm-4:30pm- Unlimited Class Time Attack Session #2
5:15pm-Awards Ceremonies (All Classes)

Smogrunner
03-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Is Tarzan really driving the XS Engineering Skyline like John M. said?

EVOATEYOU
03-04-2006, 11:23 AM
thats what it says on the redline website...

Senshi
03-04-2006, 02:26 PM
the AWD cars are just grouped togther with all the other cars per class just as posted

Alex7
03-04-2006, 06:37 PM
cool first day, the XS skyline was towed off the track once, didnt see it much for the rest of the day. But, i could be mistaken, I ran with the blue beginner group all day. Evos in the advanced group were unbelievably fast. People should get out tomorrow for the actual time attack.

EVOate909
03-04-2006, 08:19 PM
it was a badass pratice day...it made me want to track my car so bad :tickedoff:

o yea...my car turned to a DONOR car!!! :tickedoff: >:(

proj gen evo better pull better times :knuppel2:

Smogrunner
03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Is Tarzan really driving the XS Engineering Skyline like John M. said?

John, per your comments to me earlier today: I was only trying to find out more info about the Skyline, I was in no way trying to imply that you were kidding or anything else. I hadn't seen the official entry list when I posted and was only trying to find out more info. I know that Tarzan comes to the states a lot but I was somehow surprised to see that he would be at this event.

Alex7
03-04-2006, 09:03 PM
I htink Tarzan made this appearance because he has been working with Modified Magazine for a little while now. It was an event held in conjunction with that magazine so he came out.

C-Spec
03-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Using Blaze's Evo, Project Gen, C-SPEC, and 500WHP Put together an awsome CAN of Whip Ass on other high Mods evo today. I will post on a different thread later with pix. O0

WavMixer
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Using Blaze's Evo, Project Gen, C-SPEC, and 500WHP Put together an awsome CAN of Whip Ass on other high Mods evo today. I will post on a different thread later with pix. O0
Link?

Richard EVO
03-04-2006, 11:14 PM

I'm looking forward to the day when Goku gets his silly ass to another track besides Streets of Willow.

I have no idea what peeps are talking about that this was a great practice day. This was the worst run event I have ever seen. The track was supposed to go hot at 9:00 a.m. At that moment, they realized there was a huge puddle of rain water at the entrance to the track. Notwithstanding the fact that these events are supposed to be run "rain or shine" they were so worried that cars on the grid coming onto the track would drag water on, that they spen 1 hour and 15 minutes trying to dry out the puddle. Then (this is hard to believe) one of the event organizers balled up an S2000 that belonged to Honda, during the first newbie session. They didn't have a tow truck available so it took nearly 2 hours to get the wreck off the track and we all sat aroung fuming.

They got the track to extend the day to 6:00 p.m. to make up for the "puddle" incident. We all lost a run session as a result of the crash.

I hope it goes better on Sunday.

Alex7
03-04-2006, 11:22 PM
yeah that was a shame, it did push everyone back, it cut the beignning groups first session in half. It was really strange though, it looked like the organizer guy tried to pass where he shouldnt have, and wiped out. I was told it was a 2006 S2000 loaned to Redline by Honda. It was okay htough, they made it up 2 hours later and the beginner group went out again full session. this was my first time, so I had nothing to judge it by.

Alex7
03-04-2006, 11:29 PM
one thing that did suck though was that you never really knew when your group was going. You had to look out to see if any of the other cars that ran with you last were leaving or gone. But sometimes that didnt work because some cars ran in two groups. Atleast it appeared that way. The speaker would occasionally sound off with someone talking but you werent really sure what wa sbeing said. But I really think it is true that if you go once you get hooked. I cant wait to do another.

Skiracer
03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I'll be there Sunday spectating.

C-Spec
03-05-2006, 12:15 AM
go here to see pix of RTE http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=19183.msg6668560;topicseen#msg6668560

GokuSSJ4
03-05-2006, 08:23 AM

I'm looking forward to the day when Goku gets his silly ass to another track besides Streets of Willow.

news flash i have track before at T-hill and Buttonwillow as well :idiot2: not as much as SoW tho.. but i will start to do more events at Buttonwillow, it should be fun...

Miss Evo8
03-06-2006, 08:48 AM

news flash i have track before at T-hill and Buttonwillow as well* :idiot2: not as much* as SoW tho.. but i will start to do more events at Buttonwillow, it should be fun...

So you ARE tracking your car? Because you are quoted in Macky's sig as saying you AREN'T going to track your car....
:angel:

GokuSSJ4
03-06-2006, 09:30 AM

news flash i have track before at T-hill and Buttonwillow as well* :idiot2: not as much* as SoW tho.. but i will start to do more events at Buttonwillow, it should be fun...

So you ARE tracking your car? Because you are quoted in Macky's sig as saying you AREN'T going to track your car....

All in due time, I need to get some priorities fix...
An stop throwing ROCKS!!!!

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
OK, so Sunday was better than Saturday, but it still had it's problems. *My car was set to compete in the AWD Modified class, but there was a lot less traffic in the practice sessions for the Unlimited classes, so I got 2 practice run sessions with them in the morning. *That was great fun. *Most of the cars were faster than me but so what. *There was the Skyline GT-R that was the overall winner, (I think), 2 seriously built racing RX-7s, a 911 Turbo, several EVOs including Kent's Muellerized car, etc. etc.

The problem with the time attack is that you don't get much track time. *There were 2 Time Attack sessions in the afteroon. *Each one is 5 laps (a warm up lap, 3 timed hot laps, and a cool down lap). *I had to wait almost an hour in my car in the staging area after they called the Modified class to grid. *Also, they are supposed to keep the cars separated on the track so that no one holds you up. *But in my first session there were 6 cars, and I was in the last starting position, with a WRX in front of me in fifth starting position. *The fourth car (in front of the Subie) was a Crossfire that was slow enough that, even with the space between each car at the start, both the Subie and I caught up to and passed the Crossfire, which slowed down one of our timed laps. *They should have classed the cars by lap time, not how many wheels drive the car, and whether it has race tires.

There was supposed to be a one hour open practice session in between the 2 time attacks, but it got cut back to 1/2 hour because the time attacks were taking too long. *Also, the event ended at 5:00 and they were supposed to hand out the awards for the class winners by 5:30, but they jerked around until about 6:15 before making the announcements, while everyone sat around in the dark wanting to go home.

Bottom line -- it was fun getting out for a track weekend now that my EVO is running again. *Got to see Kent, John, Angela and Elija. *But I don't think Time Attack is for me. *I'm sticking with HPDE events and the more track time you get at them from now on.

hagakure
03-06-2006, 09:50 AM
This FUBAR of an event is a good commerical for NASA time trials. Yes, limited track time, but if you are a licensed (yes they have a licensing process now) time trialer, your entire session counts towards time. Every lap you run is a potential best timed lap. Also the organization is outstanding, and there are concrete goals, prizes, etc, a national championship format, etc. these time attacks seem to be more int he wasy of tuner commercials...More competition at the NASA time trials too. I hope some of the tuners come out and run in TTU and TTR at the NASA events.

speedform
03-06-2006, 09:56 AM
This FUBAR of an event is a good commerical for NASA time trials. Yes, limited track time, but if you are a licensed (yes they have a licensing process now) time trialer, your entire session counts towards time. Every lap you run is a potential best timed lap. Also the organization is outstanding, and there are concrete goals, prizes, etc, a national championship format, etc. these time attacks seem to be more int he wasy of tuner commercials...More competition at the NASA time trials too. I hope some of the tuners come out and run in TTU and TTR at the NASA events.

word.
Will you be there this weekend at Cal. Speedway with NASA?

hagakure
03-06-2006, 10:44 AM

word.
Will you be there this weekend at Cal. Speedway with NASA?

No,

I'm a Norcal guy...my first TT will be at thunderhill April 1.
Might try to make the crossover event at Buttonwillow.

Senshi
03-06-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd have to agree with richard this event did seem pritty unorganized. They had originally said they were going to have the time attacks run per class but it ended up all mixed up which led to people like me and richard having to pass a car during our timed laps. I didnt stay till the end to hear the results beacause i was already tired, so when they annoced that they had problems with the results i just left. From what i heard though people were still unhappy with the results after that........Anybody have a link to the NASA events? If not like richard i might just stick to the HPDE events they just seem like a much more enjoyable enviorment.

Blaze
03-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Unorganized and unprepared.

I don't know how new Redline is. I'm new. Maybe they're still learning like me? :?

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd have to agree with richard this event did seem pritty unorganized. They had originally said they were going to have the time attacks run per class but it ended up all mixed up which led to people like me and richard having to pass a car during our timed laps. I didnt stay till the end to hear the results beacause i was already tired, so when they annoced that they had problems with the results i just left. From what i heard though people were still unhappy with the results after that........Anybody have a link to the NASA events? If not like richard i might just stick to the HPDE events they just seem like a much more enjoyable enviorment.

Senshi -

When they announced the results for AWD Modified they announced that you had 3rd place with a lap time of 1:17.3 -- but then some guy complained that he ran a 1:14 in that class, and he should have had 3d place.* Just one more screw up. But I'd stay away from NASA events if you like a lot of track time. If four 20-minute sessions is your idea of a full track day, then NASA is for you. NASA is certainly hyper-organized.

Redline is not new.* They have been organizing HPDE events for several years. I have been going to their events for over 2 years.* The Time Attack concept is new, and they obviously don't have it down yet.

Blak94GSX
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah I think as far as track time goes you are best to stick to the SpeedVentures.net events. Well run and usually not too crowded so you get more track time than you want.

For competitive events you are at the mercy of the organizers...

Congrats to everyone that participated though. There were a bunch of EVOs, and although Tarzan in the Skyline took top honors, Kent got 2nd overall in the Muellerized EVO. In the modified class the STI won, but at least the EVOs got 2-5 after that.

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah I think as far as track time goes you are best to stick to the SpeedVentures.net events. Well run and usually not too crowded so you get more track time than you want.

For competitive events you are at the mercy of the organizers...

Congrats to everyone that participated though. There were a bunch of EVOs, and although Tarzan in the Skyline took top honors, Kent got 2nd overall in the Muellerized EVO. In the modified class the STI won, but at least the EVOs got 2-5 after that.

Did you hear the best lap times for Tarzan and Kent? In practice, Tarzan ran 1:09.xx and Kent ran 1:12xx. I shared a garage with Tarzan. He had quite an entourage.

C-Spec
03-06-2006, 02:04 PM
This the most unorgianized event ever.* Plus people doing a half ass job.* Isn't the Tech job is to point out what car should be in what class? this was a complete outrageous.* *They got a Porsch GT2, that barely got beat by RRE Evo, ran in modified class.* Next time i'm bringing the Carrera GT and compete in Street Class* :2funny:* Shouldn't he be in Unlimited class?? That freaking thing was fully titanium bottom end.* Everytime after each run he never pop the hood open the let the car cool down. WTF ?? Some thing is fishy if you aks me.* This just tells me the TECH are doing a half ass job.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vboy425/rte06mar05/carreragt06.jpg* *

two words

NEVER AGAIN.*

Next time i rather keep my $400 bucks and go on a canyon run.

Absinthe
03-06-2006, 02:22 PM
aren't cars usually classed in relation to mods like in auto cross? a stock GT2 against a meuller evo like Mark's should be pretty fair. Dedicate track cars always trump street cars.

C-Spec
03-06-2006, 02:36 PM
aren't cars usually classed in relation to mods like in auto cross? a stock GT2 against a meuller evo like Mark's should be pretty fair. Dedicate track cars always trump street cars.

that damn thing wasn't stock trust me. i did a recon on that thing, and if you were there to see it run and the sound of it. You will start to question too.

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 02:45 PM
A Porsche GT2 ran in Modified class? Well as long as it didn't have slicks that was probably according to the rules. There were 3 classes, Street, Modified and Unlimited. If you had street tires, you could run in Street, I don't know about engine mods for Street. If you had R-compounds, you had to run in Modified, and it didn't matter what engine mods you had. If you had slicks, or if your car was stripped for weight, carbon fiber body parts, etc, then you ran in Unlimited. By those rules, the GT2 could have run in Street as long as it had street tires.

It would have made more sense to class by practice lap times for an event like this.

Senshi
03-06-2006, 02:54 PM
yea richard i heard about me maybe finishing 3rd and then people complaining. I'm extreamly happy with my time of 1:17.3 thats almost a full 2 sec jump betweem my practice runs and my timed attack. So even if I ended up finishing 3rd or 4th or whatever, i still think it was pritty good considering that all the cars that finished faster then me were backed by a shop or a tunning company. I do want to say thanx to John and the rest of the Road Race crew both on helping me with driving tips and also how my car should be setup. Also MissEVO8 was extreamly fast out there and did a great job. I cant wait to see all the final times posted. Also it was nice to see all the EVOs that showed up both for support (wavmixer, bill, skiracer) but also to all the ones that tracked there car, i was just blown away at how meny spectators there was at this event.

emperor_gp
03-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Maybe C-Spec just didn't get his point across properly.. Here are some valuable points that should be pondered in regards to what happened yesterday:

- Tech was a sham.. all it consisted of was checking for tire compound and registration plus making sure event sponsor stickers were on the vehicles participating. *I completely expected them to ask us to pop the hood, inspect the engine bay and look inside the car to make sure all safety equipment was in proper working order. *That didn't happen.

- Modified/Unlimited Classification.. or even classification in general. *How can you tell me that the JIC 911 AWD Twin Turbo that was hanging with the Muellerized Evo on the practice runs should be classified in the Modified class. *Plus it was made clear during the drivers meeting that Porsches were classified as unlimited. *Then suddenly at the actual time attack runs, it was running in Modified AWD. *You can draw your own conclusion from that.

Absinthe
03-06-2006, 03:07 PM
EMP-

I see where your coming from and given the shitty state of tech enforment it makes sense, its just normally for auto-cross and other events certain mods trigger class upgrades no matter what its the competitors responsability to adheard to those and mod accordingly one good example of this is the whiteline ALK- you have with no other mods? you get to go in street modified have a nice day and enjoy your asswhooping...

I was assuming the GT2 was stock or stock-ish and thus got put in with the street-modded or worse (kent's car) class which would seem fairly consistent. Esp if they were on similar tires if one was on street tires then it should have been in a lower class.

Miss Evo8
03-06-2006, 03:10 PM

All in due time, I need to get some priorities fix...
An stop throwing ROCKS!!!!

Whatever do you mean? :angel:

Is your signature promoting violence against women? :-o

:twisted:

emperor_gp
03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I didn't get the chance to check out the compound on his tires but I can assure you that Porsche was not stock.. but whatever, whats done is done. *We can't go back and do yesterday over again. *In any case this was our first outing and all we wanted was a fair chance to place SOMEWHERE. *We're happy with what we've accomplished so far but we probably won't be participating in any more Redline Track Events. O0

kickassti
03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
That wasn't a GT2. It was a 911 turbo and own by JIC. He claimed that he has 600+ WHP on it. His best time was 1:13s. On the modified class. The first 3 shouldn't put them on modified class.
1st place WORKS EVO 500+ WHP 1:11s
2nd DynoComp STI 500+WHP 1:12s
3rd JIC 911 Turbo 600+WHP 1:13s

emperor_gp
03-06-2006, 03:20 PM
yeah, those guys were easily in unlimited class.. i guess they didn't want to compete with the XS skyline.

volcomguy84
03-06-2006, 03:22 PM
yeah, those guys were easily in unlimited class.. i guess they didn't want to compete with the XS skyline.
cause they would have gotten raped and prob not placed

ChrisF
03-06-2006, 03:57 PM
The event definitely had it's flaws. Hopefully they will learn from them and improve the next event. I can't say I'm in any hurry to run in one again either. I ran in the first time attack group and was 2nd or 3rd up. There was a very slow Mustang in front of me that I had lapped several times in practice. I told the organizers to give me a very big gap. They didn't. Caught him in the second lap and it killed my time trying to get around him. They did let me run an additional time attack session after I bitched about it though. I don't think they did for any of the other drivers, but they should have.

I definitely think the classing was a little off. I ran street class and I think the guy who won was running an STi that Crawford had built, running a GT35R. He did have street tires though :roll: 500whp against a stock EVO. I pretty much figured I had no chance anyways. This just made it official. :)

emperor_gp
03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I hear ya.. We actually asked the officials this:

"Ok, so theoretically, if we had 1000hp and found a way to register the vehicle, we'd still run in modified?"

You know what the answer was?

"Yes".

Blak94GSX
03-06-2006, 04:21 PM
That is always a problem with class based events. That is why the Unlimited (top class) gets the prestige and the other classes don't really matter. Either run in Unlimited or don't complain... :p

emperor_gp
03-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, thats what we learned from this event.* Next time will definitely be different O0

UNLIMITED OR BUST ;)

Blaze
03-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, thats what we learned from this event. Next time will definitely be different O0

UNLIMITED OR BUST ;)

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

http://www.infocusmag.com/03march/jaws.jpg

emperor_gp
03-06-2006, 04:28 PM
sink or swim right? lol

hmmmm... apr wide body kit? hmmmmm... O0

Blaze
03-06-2006, 04:31 PM
sink or swim right? lol

hmmmm... apr wide body kit? hmmmmm... O0

nah, it's a jaws reference from when they decided to get serious.
But you and I both know that neither the car or driver needs a wide body kit to get the job done.

emperor_gp
03-06-2006, 04:33 PM
thats true. all we really need now is more power.. but i still believe we did extremely well considering that we used the stock turbo :)

C-Spec
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
N.O.S lot and lots of it. :2funny:

volcomguy84
03-06-2006, 05:15 PM
N.O.S lot and lots of it. :2funny:
FK YO NOS!!!! WE NEED MO POWA!!!!

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/nos_energy_drink/nos-can.jpg

hagakure
03-06-2006, 06:25 PM
That is always a problem with class based events. That is why the Unlimited (top class) gets the prestige and the other classes don't really matter. Either run in Unlimited or don't complain... :p

Fully agree. If you are not running in Unlimited if you are a tuner, I really see no point in it. The rumour is that the WORKS Evo is close to 600 HP.....but it ran in modified because it can be registered and runs on Toyos. But, it has a full cage, tons of HP, high-end suspension and a professional driver.....So go figure.

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 06:42 PM

Fully agree. If you are not running in Unlimited if you are a tuner, I really see no point in it. The rumour is that the WORKS Evo is close to 600 HP.....but it ran in modified because it can be registered and runs on Toyos. But, it has a full cage, tons of HP, high-end suspension and a professional driver.....So go figure.

And a professional crew. My garage was right next to the Works car's garage, and I watched the team work on it all day. Same for Tarzan's GT-R, which was in the same garage with me, but at least he ran Unlimited.

Senshi
03-06-2006, 06:50 PM
here is a vid of my time attack run O0
http://www.urban-samurai.com/video/calispeedway03-05-06.mov

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Senshi -

Don't know if the problem is on my end, but the video is really "herky jerky" and unwatchable. Can anyone else see a smooth streaming video?

C-Spec
03-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Senshi -

Don't know if the problem is on my end, but the video is really "herky jerky" and unwatchable. Can anyone else see a smooth streaming video?

it works fine for me. update your quicktime software.

Senshi
03-06-2006, 07:38 PM
yea i think you might just need the newest quicktime to watch it.

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Weird. I updated my QuickTime. Still didn't work at the office. Took PC home, doesn't work any better there. Who knows? :tickedoff:

Senshi
03-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Weird. I updated my QuickTime. Still didn't work at the office. Took PC home, doesn't work any better there. Who knows? :tickedoff:

if it still doesnt work ill upload it to yourtube but then it would loose some quality.

leaveit2bevo
03-07-2006, 12:59 PM
works for me good video

Evo RS-T
03-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Where can one find the actual rules for the various time attack classes with Redline? I looked on the Redline web site, but I couldn't find them.

speedform
03-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Scott,

look here.

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-2.html

Senshi
03-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Did anybody finally get all the time attack times at the end of the day? I would love to see my times and also the everybody elses final times.

Evo RS-T
03-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Scott,

look here.

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-2.html

Thanks - don't know why I couldn't find it myself. Must be old age.

Richard EVO
03-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Did anybody finally get all the time attack times at the end of the day? I would love to see my times and also the everybody elses final times.

At the event, Nick of Redline had a list of each driver's best lap time in the Time Attack. If that hasn't been posted on their website you could probably get it be e-mailing him at Redline, but I think all they are going to tell you is that you ran 1:17.3 (nice time).

ChrisF
03-09-2006, 11:46 AM
They posted overall results:

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-R.htm

I cut 2 more seconds off my best practice time. Not too bad for a stock car on street tires.

Richard EVO
03-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow, Elijah beat me my 3 seconds, and Angela beat me by 2 seconds.* Congratulations on great times and fine improvement during the course of the event.* I ran about 1/2 second slower in the Time Attack than my best practice run.* :buck2: I need to lose some of that natural fear that makes you hit the brake when you shouldn't.

Kent came out third overall.

Miss Evo8
03-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Damn I thought I was closer to Elijha! Well I guess I did pretty good the first time out with my new "Muellerized" suspension! My car handled great and stoped way better thanks to John & Crew from RRC....mechanically everything was perfect! Alfred's tune holding up well!!
I do plan on being faster..... and with my new set up I was actually able to see and feel where I made mistakes...can't blame the car anymore for slow times it was my error. :roll:

C-Spec
03-09-2006, 02:16 PM
they got the time and name all mess up anyway, We only have one EVO running some how on that list we got two evos. WTF ??

Chris@Redline
03-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

First off I want to thank everyone for coming out our first big time attack.
This was the largest event dedicated as a time attack event ever done in North America.
We at Redline will improve on these events as we continue to refine our procedures and increase our staff to handle events of this nature.
I think the event went very well, except for the length of time it took us to tally the results.
I really wanted to present the awards much earlier before most people left the track.
I'm rather impressed how everyone did on the time attack sessions. Even drivers that did not place, did very well considering how many cars competed.

I want to also give a thanks to the EVO community for coming out is such strong numbers.
I know the event wasn't perfect, but rest assured that Redline has learned much form running this last event, and we will only improve on every level. Tech Inspection, registration, scoring, as well as all on track activities will all be improved on.

Thanks again for coming to the track. Hope to see you back out there.
Thanks,
Chris.

WavMixer
03-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Wow, Elijah beat me my 3 seconds, and Angela beat me by 2 seconds. Congratulations on great times and fine improvement during the course of the event. I ran about 1/2 second slower in the Time Attack than my best practice run. :buck2: I need to lose some of that natural fear that makes you hit the brake when you shouldn't.

Damn Richard! That Hello Kitty mojo Angela has on her car might just be the magic trick. Maybe you should add some Kitty paraphernalia to your car too?

Miss Evo8
03-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow, Elijah beat me my 3 seconds, and Angela beat me by 2 seconds.* Congratulations on great times and fine improvement during the course of the event.* I ran about 1/2 second slower in the Time Attack than my best practice run.* :buck2: I need to lose some of that natural fear that makes you hit the brake when you shouldn't.

Damn Richard! That Hello Kitty mojo Angela has on her car might just be the magic trick. Maybe you should add some Kitty paraphernalia to your car too?

No one believes me when I tell them the Hello Kitty helps my Evo Fly..... :roll:

WavMixer
03-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Wow, Elijah beat me my 3 seconds, and Angela beat me by 2 seconds. Congratulations on great times and fine improvement during the course of the event. I ran about 1/2 second slower in the Time Attack than my best practice run. :buck2: I need to lose some of that natural fear that makes you hit the brake when you shouldn't.

No one believes me when I tell them the Hello Kitty helps my Evo Fly..... :roll:

Driver: Angela Perez
Co-Driver: Hello Kitty

Senshi
03-09-2006, 09:57 PM
interesting times, from a personal point of view im pleased with my time since my rotors cracked on my time attack run. But just by looking at the list i serisously question the way of seperating the classes. The fact that the Works EVO was able to run in the "Modified class" (and finish 5th overall) just cus it happened to be registered is pritty silly. It was a completly striped race preped EVO, i'm not hating on WORKs at all there car was amazing and it was great to see it run. What bothers me is that if you go by redlines current rules people could figure out was of regerstering some race cars like a radical (which people have done as "kit cars") and could then run in modified but be faster then anybody else on the track. :-\
Still great job to everybody that came out it was fun to see so meny really really fast evos out at the track.

Richard EVO
03-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi all,

First off I want to thank everyone for coming out our first big time attack.
This was the largest event dedicated as a time attack event ever done in North America.
We at Redline will improve on these events as we continue to refine our procedures and increase our staff to handle events of this nature.
I think the event went very well, except for the length of time it took us to tally the results.
I really wanted to present the awards much earlier before most people left the track.
I'm rather impressed how everyone did on the time attack sessions. Even drivers that did not place, did very well considering how many cars competed.

I want to also give a thanks to the EVO community for coming out is such strong numbers.
I know the event wasn't perfect, but rest assured that Redline has learned much form running this last event, and we will only improve on every level. Tech Inspection, registration, scoring, as well as all on track activities will all be improved on.

Thanks again for coming to the track. Hope to see you back out there.
Thanks,
Chris.

Chris -

I'm sure in the long run we can give you a pass on the problems that occurred during the event. You had a lot of cars there, and I calculate that you made significant money on this event. One thing's for sure, if you are going to host big events you need to have a flatbed tow truck on site.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/CalSpeedwayTimeAttack036.jpg

ChrisF
03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Ouch. Double ouch.

[p]dOG.
03-10-2006, 10:29 AM
ohhh that sux.... hope he's ok.

Chris@Redline
03-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Richard,

We will have two flatbed tow trucks at our next one.
We will be better prepared for sure.

P.S. the driver of the red S2000 is fine with no injuries...

Blaze
03-10-2006, 12:40 PM
P.S. the driver of the red S2000 is fine with no injuries...

...less a little pride. ;)

Glad you're okay man! O0

evoibad
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Wait will insurrance cover that

leaveit2bevo
03-10-2006, 02:10 PM

probably not because it was a time attack.

Miss Evo8
03-10-2006, 02:36 PM
:mitsu:

Knower
03-10-2006, 09:03 PM

Could you elaborate on how you came to this conclusion? Based on number of spectators, number of entrants? I attended the Sport Compact Car/Super Street time attack and maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I thought that event or the 2nd one was larger.

It was a fun event. Man, that Skyline was loud and fun to watch :)

-Orlando

Senshi
03-11-2006, 04:01 AM
yo i just found these sweet pics on the redline site, seems like kent like driving on two wheels more then four, maybe he should try bikes :D :

http://gallery.modified.com/media/images/13-410177/gal/_MG_6064.jpg

http://gallery.modified.com/media/images/13-410177/gal/_MG_6074.jpg

WavMixer
03-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Not when the car was wrecked on the track at a timed event. Now if the car were to be flat bedded out to the street and then the owner called AAA to tow the car, the AAA records would indicate the car was picked up on the street. Mind you I'm not suggesting insurance fraud, that would be illegal. I'm talking about towing records only here folks, what happens between you and your insurance company is on you.

Miss Evo8
03-11-2006, 09:41 AM
:mitsu:

[p]dOG.
03-11-2006, 10:13 AM
yo i just found these sweet pics on the redline site, seems like kent like driving on two wheels more then four, maybe he should try bikes :D :

lol those are some sweet shots!

GokuSSJ4
03-11-2006, 10:16 AM
nice pics :coolsmiley:

Muellerized...
03-11-2006, 10:37 AM

The nice part about running Kent in our Evo is I don't ever have to encourage him to try harder.

Miss Evo8
03-11-2006, 10:44 AM
no one has a pic when all 4 left the ground?

leaveit2bevo
03-11-2006, 10:54 PM
those 305 look so mean

Senshi
03-13-2006, 12:10 AM
those 305 look so mean

yea i know they are so wide that he can have just as much traction as normal car when hes just using 2 wheels hehe

Miss Evo8
03-14-2006, 06:42 AM

The nice part about running Kent in our Evo is I don't ever have to encourage him to try harder.

HOLY CRAP!!!! Look closer on the first pic!!!! ALL 4 tires are off the ground!!! Someone did get the pic!!!!!!* :smitten: that's so cool!!!!

Blaze
03-14-2006, 07:59 AM
That's what happens when you jump off the apex.
Makes a neat picture though.