PDA

View Full Version : Finally

speedracer2169
01-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Volvo has finally got the S40 in the Speed World Challenge Touring Season this year

http://www.swedespeed.com/news/uploads/motorsport/riley_racing_s40.jpg

Riley Racing has just recently acquired a chassis and engine, and has already begun to prepare for Sebring. The team is being managed by Chris Riley, current President of Stamford Volvo, located in Stamford, CT, and the car will be driven by Jameson Riley, who drove for the Volvo Factory team in SPEED GT for the past two years. This team will be a family effort maintaining professional standards.

Heico Sportiv will be the Official Technical Partner of Riley Racing for the 2006 season, helping to supply chassis and engine data throughout the year. Heico Sportiv is a German based company that supplies aftermarket products exclusively for Volvos; they have recently created an American base, located in Providence, Rhode Island. On that note, Jameson Riley will also be driving for the German Heico Sportiv team in a Volvo S40 T5 in the 24 hours of Nürburgring in June.

Riley Racing is also teaming up with Autosport Development to help with chassis development. We have chosen Autosport Development because they have proven themselves successful over the past years, and most recently in SPEED GT with their pair of GTOs.

j_nizzle
01-12-2006, 09:31 PM
:2funny:

+1 for volvo?

Skiracer
01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I bet they got one helluva rollcage in there. They got a reputation to keep up ya know O0

speedracer2169
01-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I actually like this one more than the S60R from last year

Hiro
01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
That car reminds me a lot of the new corvette when it came out.
(basically a bunch of popular car designs thrown together)

This one looks like a cross between an Acura TXS, Evo and R34 Skyline...and maybe a bit of Audi thrown in for ride stance.