PDA

View Full Version : LAGUNA SECA - Speed Ventures on FRIDAY the 20th

Aaron Bitterman
01-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Speed Ventures is putting on a track day at Laguna Seca this Friday the 20th. The cost is $320 and includes lunch and timing for the first 64 people to sign up. After we run out of our transponders, they will cost the usual $20 to rent (since we'll be renting them ourselves from another club). This will be a 92db day.

We will have around 2 hrs. of track time scheduled per group, but, as usual, if there's room on the track you can run all you want!

To sign up, go to:

http://www.speedventures.com/1-20-2006_event.asp

If you have any questions, feel free to email or call me.

thanks. Hope to see some EVOs at the track.

Aaron Bitterman
[email protected]
323-461-4795

Richard EVO
01-13-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a suggestion for those member that think it's an awful long drive to Laguna for a one-day event. Why not combine it with the Thunderhill Performance Driving Clinic, which is being held Jan. 21. Two tracks for the price of, well, two, but kill two birds with one stone and hit two of the greatest tracks available. :D

Miss Evo8
01-13-2006, 04:25 PM
I heard Laguna Seca is a beautiful track.....but scary and dangerous for your Evo....there are walls and no room for error....so if you overshoot your turn or take the apex wrong...its death for your Evo! this is just what someone told me.

drmosh
01-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I heard Laguna Seca is a beautiful track.....but scary and dangerous for your Evo....there are walls and no room for error....so if you overshoot your turn or take the apex wrong...its death for your Evo! this is just what someone told me.

So you should go out there and show the boys how to do it.

Richard EVO
01-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Nowhere near as bad as Sears Point (a/k/a Infineon) for things to hit.

EVO Neil
01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Good to know since I'll be there (Laguna Seca) on the 19th testing.* :smitten:

Richard EVO
01-13-2006, 05:08 PM
What group has Infineon on the 19th? I say make it a NorCal Trifecta -- Sears Point Jan. 19; Laguna Seca Jan. 20; and Thunderhill Jan. 21. What a wild ride that would be.

I did one day and Laguna and 2 days at Sears Point about a year ago. What a blast. Sears Point is the best of the best. O0

trannb
01-13-2006, 05:18 PM

It is beautiful, but it's not that bad if you start easy and work your way up towards the limits. If you start at (or above) the limits, you could be asking for trouble.

...it's certainly VERY scary in the rain

Miss Evo8
01-13-2006, 05:32 PM

So you should go out there and show the boys how to do it.

Oh I will once I am ready...

Chris in SD
01-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Ask alfredob1 about Laguna Seca...

I drove it once during one of those promo days where you can drive your car in formation (like a parade lap thing). I got it up to about 80 on the front straight (my old S2000 '01), but everywhere else was about 35.

Even going slow through the corkscrew, you can feel the G's lift you up... it's like the bottom fell out of your car. Very cool.

Look up Totoya Restaurant in Monterey for all-you-can eat sushi!! Also, the Mucky Duck Pub is a cool place to chill at night. I was stationed there for almost 3 years, so I know all the spots. O0

alfredob1
01-13-2006, 09:47 PM
What'chu talkin' 'bout. :? There's nothing to tell. It is a very nice track, it was fun until it was over. I shall return, just not this time.

If you have the chance to do it, DO IT!

Senshi
01-14-2006, 02:30 AM
What'chu talkin' 'bout. :? There's nothing to tell. It is a very nice track, it was fun until it was over. I shall return, just not this time.

.....well theres still is a blue mark on the inside wall on turn 9 :buck2:
but seca is still an amazing track, people shouldnt be affraid of it, the corkskrew isnt that hard once u get it down the hard ones are turn 9 (dont let off) and turn 6 since its pritty high speed and the wall is pritty close other then that its a really fun track and the elevation change is simply incredable. If my car was working i would prob try to make it too this, hopefully next time O0

Richard EVO
01-14-2006, 02:21 PM

.....well theres still is a blue mark on the inside wall on turn 9* :buck2:
but seca is still an amazing track, people shouldnt be affraid of it, the corkskrew isnt that hard once u get it down the hard ones are turn 9 (dont let off) and turn 6 since its pritty high speed and the wall is pritty close other then that its a really fun track and the elevation change is simply incredable. If my car was working i would prob try to make it too this, hopefully next time* O0

I was there one day, I think about a year ago, when a blue EVO hit the wall head first the next turn after the Corkscrew.* Is he the one that made the blue mark?

alfredob1
01-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Interesting... Someone take a picture and post it up. If it's possible.

Senshi
01-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Interesting... Someone take a picture and post it up. If it's possible.

ill have my friend who does some racing up there try to get a pic of it for u

Ricardon
01-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Paul Kendall and I are going to roll up there for this. I know there's literally only 3 days left until the event, but those of you that can possibly make this should go up there. Weather looks to be solid, and it's about the best track in the whole damned country. Let's get some more EVO owners out there so we can play.

Side note: Stay tuned for news in the near future about Speed Ventures/EOC events. Speed Ventures is a very solid organization and we look forward to working with them for some really cool track events for EOC people.

Richard EVO
01-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Best of all, it's NOT Streets of Willow. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/LagunaSecamap2.gif

Absinthe
01-17-2006, 04:43 PM
bah!

Dude if you are scared of Big willow you shouldn't be anywhere near a thread about Laguna that even remotely mentions the track that spawned the "turn 10 club"

Senshi
01-17-2006, 05:44 PM
i gotta say if Seca was closer to LA i would prob only do that track its way more fun then streets.

Richard EVO
01-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Have you driven Sears Point-Infineon Raceway in Sonoma? IMHO it's even better than Laguna Seca and Thunderhill. O0

Senshi
01-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Have you driven Sears Point-Infineon Raceway in Sonoma? IMHO it's even better than Laguna Seca and Thunderhill. O0

i would love to do sears point on GT4 its one of my favorit tracks i heard the elevation change there is pritty amazing, the prob is its just sooo far away.

Evo8supercar
01-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Laguna was great, best track ever driven only took few laps to figure out with the help of Aaron's SV
Did two sessions only because of head gasket and major boost leak only running 10 psi that was a drug to run a 540 WHP EVO with a stock exhaust and a boost leak. Any way for my first time did 1:52 my best lap.
Definitely was worth the drive, never been to a track so quiet and scenic. I will go back next time I get.

Thanks to John Mueller for helping me at the track,
Greatly appreciated

Good to see you there Sammy.

Jake

Richard EVO
01-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey Jake -

Glad you made it up there.* Maybe you ought to rethink the super high output of your car.* I have run same as you, 1:52, in my roughly 365 whp EVO (that's just a guess.)* Fun track, ain't it?* Now we all need to find a 2-day event at Sears Point/Infineion Raceway, the Taj Mahal of West Coast racetracks.*You haven't lived until you have run Sears Point.* O0

Hope you said HI to John M. for me.

EVO Neil
01-22-2006, 03:33 PM
What group has Infineon on the 19th?* I say make it a NorCal Trifecta -- Sears Point Jan. 19; Laguna Seca Jan. 20; and Thunderhill Jan. 21.* What a wild ride that would be.

I did one day and Laguna and 2 days at Sears Point about a year ago. What a blast.* Sears Point is the best of the best.* O0

Sorry to confuse the issue. I was at Laguna Seca for a private (upcoming Motor Trend story) test on the 19th. My first time EVER testing at that track. It was a very cool experience. You guys have any lap times for me to compare to what I ran??

EVO Neil
01-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Side note: Stay tuned for news in the near future about Speed Ventures/EOC events.* Speed Ventures is a very solid organization and we look forward to working with them for some really cool track events for EOC people.

Very cool! Better instructors... I hope.

EVO Neil
01-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Best of all, it's NOT Streets of Willow.* :D

I :smitten: Streets of Willow!