PDA

View Full Version : Track Masters - Laguna Seca Feb 2nd & 3rd

BlueBooster
01-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Anyone going? I'm going on the 2nd.

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/html/aboutevents2-3-06_lsir.html

Richard EVO
01-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I ran the last Track Masters 2-day event at Laguna a few months ago. They run a tight ship -- maybe too tight. The day was supposed to be two 25 minute sessions in the morning and three 20 minute sessions in the afternoon. Now that's not a lot of track time to begin with. There's a big clock at the start finish line at Laguna, which runs down as your session progresses. The "25 minute" sessions really started to count down from 22 minutes, and the "20 minute" session really count down from 17 minutes. If someone goes off in your session and a tow truck has to come out, you lose time in your group. They don't spread the loss out by slightly shortening everyone's sessions like some groups do

Also, they have 4 run groups, and the beginners and low intermediate groups have mandatory download sessions after every run session. A bit heavy handed for beginners, ridiculous for intermediate drivers.

That said, they let me run an extra session the 2nd day. Laguna is a great track, have fun. If you are driving all the way from SoCal, might as well run both days. God help you if it rains. :-P

BlueBooster
01-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm really praying it doesn't rain. That would take all the fun out of the track. Either way, I'm really stoked that I'm going to that track since it's one of my favs. I'll have to report back on what I thought of it.

BlueBooster
02-04-2006, 11:00 PM
That said, they let me run an extra session the 2nd day. Laguna is a great track, have fun. If you are driving all the way from SoCal, might as well run both days. God help you if it rains. :-P
I'm sooooo addicted to track now!!!! :smitten: It started out with a very fine mist keeping things cool but by about lunch time things started drying up & getting sticky & the fun really started.

Made the whole trip with no tickets or accidents & kept the car on the track. The tail only got happy a couple times & each time I was able to recover without spinning. What a day.