PDA

View Full Version : retarded parking ticket

Alpha4LFE
01-16-2006, 10:48 AM
got bored at work, so thought i'd share this. last friday at lunch i pull into a parking lot. the first spot i found, i realized was too small. i see this spot behind me so i back into the space, lock my car and go eat. my coworker comes in and tells me i'm getting a parking ticket. i don't recall seeing any no parking signs so i go out and speak with parking enforcement. i ask why i was getting the ticket. the old lady replies, "because you can't read signs." ok i thought, i look around and the only sign i see is "2 hour parking." so i says "2 hour paking." the lady replies no, the other sign. i look around again and all i see is "2 hour parking." i tell her so and she said, there are other signs. so i look around again, there it was, "no tail in parking" all by itself on a light post and behind a truck. i'm speechless. i'm not sure what the rules are for parking, but i never thought i'd get a parking ticket for parking in tail first. it wasn't one of those slanted parking lots either, where it's one way in and one way out. anyhow.... just wanted to vent.

SpdyEvo02
01-16-2006, 10:50 AM
wow..that sucks i have never heard of a ticket for that

Alpha4LFE
01-16-2006, 10:54 AM
i was just as surprised. i didn't know what to say or how to say anything. parking enforcement are scum.

rammsteinmatt
01-16-2006, 10:57 AM
lemme guess. in laguna beach?

i got that exact ticket there, complete BS. what harm does it cause? absolutely none

chuckdashi
01-16-2006, 11:14 AM
thats just stupid

sulpe
01-16-2006, 12:07 PM
I think they put up that stupid rule so that they can see if your tags are expired... Still a stupid law.

volcomguy84
01-16-2006, 12:42 PM
thats nothing, i know its not a parking ticket, but i got a fucking JAY WALKING ticket once.........IN THE RAIN!!!!!! you wanna talk about a gay ticket.......thats the gayest

SpdyEvo02
01-16-2006, 12:44 PM
that reminds me of the movie Harold and Kumar: Go to Whte Castle when he got a ticket for jay walking

sulpe
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah! That was funny

j_nizzle
01-16-2006, 12:46 PM
wow..that sucks i have never heard of a ticket for that

all the community colleges wont let you do this either....in fact, many schools wont.

SpdyEvo02
01-16-2006, 12:46 PM
i park backward at my school

j_nizzle
01-16-2006, 12:47 PM
i park backward at my school

your ritzy school would rather bust kids for crack than give parking tickets...more money in it!

SpdyEvo02
01-16-2006, 12:49 PM
lol that happend last year they were inspecting a kids car on suspension of stolen items and them found cocaine in his sub woofer box...lol...but the kid was a dick so i didnt give a shit

thetaxguy
01-16-2006, 12:51 PM
CSUF and Cal Poly have those posted in certain areas

rammsteinmatt
01-16-2006, 12:58 PM

interesting...........

i "back in" or rather pull through every single day for 2 years at cal poly. havent gotten busted yet. but i park in the far away lot, where nobody else parks because its like 3/4 mile away, so they probably dont care. i also drive up the down rows because im parked backwards ;)

kimletrim
01-16-2006, 12:59 PM
At least she didn't ticket you for no front plates! I hate it when the meter maid gets me for no front plates!

SpdyEvo02
01-16-2006, 12:59 PM
yah that would suck to

Alpha4LFE
01-16-2006, 01:40 PM
At least she didn't ticket you for no front plates!* I hate it when the meter maid gets me for no front plates!

i got many of those with my last car. so with the evo i just left the plates on there. with my previous car i got 3 tickets, 3 nights in a row for no front license plate, all at like 2am. you'd figure parking enforcement would at least go to sleep.

thetaxguy
01-16-2006, 01:45 PM

interesting...........

i "back in" or rather pull through every single day for 2 years at cal poly.* havent gotten busted yet.* but i park in the far away lot, where nobody else parks because its like 3/4 mile away, so they probably dont care.* i also drive up the down rows because im parked backwards* ;)

It's only in certain lots...or at least it "was" posted in certain lots. I've been out of school for a while now, things might have changed.

rammsteinmatt
01-16-2006, 02:08 PM

interesting...........

i "back in" or rather pull through every single day for 2 years at cal poly. havent gotten busted yet. but i park in the far away lot, where nobody else parks because its like 3/4 mile away, so they probably dont care. i also drive up the down rows because im parked backwards ;)

It's only in certain lots...or at least it "was" posted in certain lots. I've been out of school for a while now, things might have changed.

lucky for me then O0
i actually remember seeing that somewhere, like on the back of the parking permit, but i dont see it anywhere now. maybe im losing it

BOVBILLY
01-16-2006, 02:15 PM
WHAT DOES IT MATTER, WHAT DIRECTION YOU PULL IN?

Alpha4LFE
01-16-2006, 04:07 PM
it really doesn't, backing into a space actually makes it easier to get out and less likely to back into something/someone, or at least i would think so. imo, it's just a retarded attempt the city uses to make easy cash. we're all supposed to drop everything we do and look for signs that could possibly call for parking citations.

BOVBILLY
01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
UNLESS THEY THINK, IT IS EASIER TO BACK IN, STEAL SHIT/ROB A STORE/ETC..., THEN BOLT!

Alpha4LFE
01-16-2006, 08:13 PM
that makes sense. although i was parked a good distance away from the place. oh well.

BlueBooster
01-16-2006, 11:25 PM
i also drive up the down rows because im parked backwards* ;)
I enter some stores throught the out door... :grin:

WavMixer
01-18-2006, 04:22 PM

In throughh the out door?
Just don't try that with your g/f or wife... unless she's into that kindda stuff.

Terry S
01-18-2006, 05:12 PM

Just don't try that with your g/f or wife... unless she's into that kindda stuff.

:2funny:

Terry S

BlueBooster
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM

+1!