PDA

View Full Version : neighbors

*chris*
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
holy crap ...just had an awesome chat with my neighbors son. he stopped over to check our phone line cuz my grandma said it wasnt working right earlier today. and when he stopped by he started asking about my car. keep in mind, hes late 30s early 40s.

so as hes finishing up he asks me if the brembos came on my car or if i theyre aftermarket. so i start running through stock figures quick. then curiousity got me ...so i asked him what he knew about brembo and he launches into this huge deal about his racing career. :-o turns out he was a crew chief for the old 4cyl race cars that used to open for indy and he used to have an ice racing car/team up in minnesota/wisconsin. he also used to road race. then got back onto my car for a bit, then back to ice racing.

the stuff you learn about your neighbors when you dont put the car in the garage cuz youre going back out after awhile. O0

WavMixer
01-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Us old guys are full of... interesting stories from the past.

Blaze
01-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Looks like someone made a new friend today!

*chris*
01-19-2006, 05:06 PM
lol well i honestly had never REALLY talked to him. just the usual 'hey whats up' neighbor talk. so it was quite surprising. i just need to meet the guy with the shelby, porsche, vette. i wanna see those. O0

Terry S
01-19-2006, 05:18 PM
lol well i honestly had never REALLY talked to him. just the usual 'hey whats up' neighbor talk. so it was quite surprising. i just need to meet the guy with the shelby, porsche, vette. i wanna see those. O0

Hang out with the guys at Crystal Cove when you get back. I think a few of them have those kinda cars. :grin:

Terry S

j_nizzle
01-19-2006, 05:22 PM
that's cool you and your neighbor have some similar interests...one of my neighbor races 600cc bikes at tracks all over...he has a full race r6 and a daily driver cbr 600rr. pretty cool guy too!

speaking on crystal cove, hope some of you guys can make it out there on saturday...

*chris*
01-19-2006, 05:47 PM
yah my friends dad is pretty good friends with this guy. hes got one of those limited edition porsches ...i wanna say the 911 gt2. like the one from bad boys. (or whatever model it is) plus hes got the shelby cobra with the 427 in it ...and the corvette counterpart to the shelby. i REALLY wanna see these cars. hes also got a newer vette that they used to take road racing.

yah its pretty cool ..i wish ida known about this earlier but hey whatever. i especially like the ice racing stuff. fun as hell ...even though ive never ACTUALLY been. thats cool about your neighbor with the bikes. thatd be awesome to do. i wouldnt mind hot lapping on an r6 or equivalent. i was thinking about picking up a gsxr after ive spent a little time in socal.

Terry S
01-19-2006, 05:54 PM
that's cool you and your neighbor have some similar interests...one of my neighbor races 600cc bikes at tracks all over...he has a full race r6 and a daily driver cbr 600rr. pretty cool guy too!

speaking on crystal cove, hope some of you guys can make it out there on saturday...

Why, whats going on this saturday?

Terry S

j_nizzle
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM

Terry S

crystal cove and then jdm meet....

Evoegg
01-19-2006, 07:06 PM
one of my Neighbor is HOT - but never got a chance to talk to her.

:D :D :D

Evoegg

Terry S
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM

Terry S

crystal cove and then jdm meet....

Oh yea..

Terry S

silvery_eagle
01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
one of my Neighbor is HOT - but never got a chance to talk to her.

:D :D :D

Evoegg

time to borrow some salt, phone, and sugar from your neighbor!

BMan
01-20-2006, 07:14 PM
If he was talking about what I think he was, he was pushing 720 hp out of a Pinto engine. You may want to talk a little more with him.

*chris*
01-20-2006, 09:39 PM
i remember he kept saying 4cyl VW engine. he used to race sprint cars too. iceracing sounds hella fun ...if only the ice were thick this year. one of my favorite racing events on rallisport2 for xbox. O0