PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao TKO'S Morales !

jayvolution
01-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Anyone else see the boxing match last night!? The fight was good all the way to the 10th round. These guys werent messing around. Seeing as how im filipino i was all for Pacquiao. So HELL YEAH!!!* O0

Manny Pacquiao vs. Erik Morales.

From www.sportsillustrated.com
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Manny Pacquiao vowed there would be no excuses this time. It turned out he didn't need any.

Throwing punches at every angle, Pacquiao avenged his defeat 10 months ago and handed Erik Morales the worst beating of his career before finally stopping him in the 10th round Saturday night of their 130-pound showdown.

It was the first time Morales had ever been stopped in what had been a spectacular career, and it came with a spectacular performance by a Filipino who never stopped punching.

The end came at 2:33 of the 10th round when Morales, who had barely gotten up in time from the first knockdown of the round, was knocked back down with a flurry of punches and referee Kenny Bayles wasted no time in stopping the fight.

"I saw I hurt him every time I hit him in the body," Pacquiao said.

Morales face was a mess of welts and he had lumps on his forehead and head after taking the beating of his career. It was the third loss in the last four fights for the Mexican who had held titles in three different weight classes but has been in some bruising fights.

"I was tired because of making weight and I was tired because of all the tough fights I've had," Morales said.

Morales (48-4) had beaten Pacquiao in a 12-round decision last March, a loss Pacquiao blamed on problems with his promoter, his taxman and his gloves. He went into the ring Saturday saying he was 100 percent and that there would be no excuses, win or lose.

The first fight was a 12-round brawl, and the rematch promised to live up to expectations early with both fighters trading freely and landing clean shots to the head. Pacquaio was busier, though, and seemed to win some early rounds through sheer volume of punches.

No title was at stake, but a lot of national pride was in a bout that drew 14,618 fans to the UNLV campus arena, many cheering their countrymen on.

As the fight went on it was Pacquaio's supporters doing the most cheering as Pacquaio wore down Morales and landed shot after shot to the head and body.

"I could see he was having problems taking my punches," Pacquaio said. "I had no problem taking his."

Pacquaio (41-3-1, 32 knockouts) landed a big punch in the second round, a left hand that sent Morales backwards and forced him to grab onto the top rope to stay up. Morales also appeared ready to go down at the end of the sixth round after a series of punches in the corner, but bounced off referee Kenny Bayless and stayed upright as the bell sounded to end the round.

As the fight went on, Pacquaio kept the pressure on, and Morales looked increasingly weary. Between rounds, he complained that his legs hurt and his cornermen rubbed them.

Morales' corner tried to get their fighter to keep the pressure on, saying Pacquaio didn't know how to fight backwards. But Pacquaio didn't have to because he stayed in front of Morales, bouncing back and forth and throwing punches at every angle.

"The tide turned in the sixth round," said Pacquaio's trainer, Freddie Roach. "I could see Morales was fading from all the body punches and Manny's right hook was beautiful."

Morales was known all his career as a big puncher who never backed up. But for the last 20 seconds of the ninth round he ran from Pacquaio, trying not to take anymore punishment.

"He's all gone," Roach told Pacquaio after the ninth round.

Roach was prophetic as Pacquaio came out and kept the pressure on Morales, whose face was marked by the sheer volume of punches he took. Midway through the round, Pacquaio landed a huge left hand in the middle of a combination that put Morales on the canvas.

Morales stayed there with his arm over a ring rope before finally getting up at the count of nine. Pacquaio was then all over him, landing a flurry that put a defenseless Morales down and ended the fight.

"He hit me with a lot of real good hard shots," Morales said. "I got hit in the head a lot."

Pacquaio made $2 million for the fight, but more importantly kept his stature as a national hero in the Philippines.

"I know everyone in the Philippines is happy," he said.

jayvolution
01-22-2006, 09:26 AM
some more pics...

Macky
01-22-2006, 10:25 AM
bout fucking time he won. the last match they had was a damn joke. morales should have lost that time since he also fell like three times. he has a pretty pathetic excuse after being asked for a 3rd match. he's a pansy and is just afraid he's gonna get pummelled again.

Pacquiao > Morales O0

buffpinoy
01-22-2006, 12:33 PM
This fight was fuckin' awesome! I was there in Vegas last night watching from my $50 seats. I remember hearing people "boo" as the Filipino National Anthem was sung and man was I pissed! But not as pissed as these people were to see there man get knocked the fuck out!

jayvolution
01-22-2006, 01:05 PM
they boo'ed!? wtf... haha dont matter. Pacquiao fukd Morales up. Morales would of been down earlier if the stupid ref wasnt right behind him to keep him up.

and what did Morales say about a rematch... something about needing to take a vacation and it being hard to be at 130lbs... sounded like BS excuses to me... :2funny:

and what did Pacquiao say about a rematch... anytime anywhere :knuppel2:

jayvolution
01-22-2006, 01:10 PM
This fight was fuckin' awesome! I was there in Vegas last night watching from my $50 seats. I remember hearing people "boo" as the Filipino National Anthem was sung and man was I pissed! But not as pissed as these people were to see there man get knocked the fuck out!

how was your seats? damn must of been dope actually being there. you should of brought hot steamy rice and thrown it at the people boo'ing :2funny:

evo_chip
01-22-2006, 01:15 PM
it was a great fight, the fack does remain that paquiao is a better fighter at the 130's, which is a weight class Morales shouild not be at, hes had trouble making weight his last 3 fights, usually paying for lbs. yes Paquiao beet him but did not "knock him out".yes it was a TKO, but to a fighter and a fan there is a big difference between ref stoppage and not being able to get up, if you step back and try not to put race in the matter, the punch that knocked morales down was not a hard one, he just lost too much water weigh for the fight and his legs were giving out, and that was his trainer fault, also you do not massage tired legs,EVER, but his corner did! I think this fight would be alot better at the 135, but that might be too heavy for paquiao, in my opinion

chuckdashi
01-22-2006, 01:20 PM
manny manny manny

jayvolution
01-22-2006, 01:24 PM
yes Paquiao beet him but did not "knock him out".yes it was a TKO, but to a fighter and a fan there is a big difference between ref stoppage and not being able to get up

okay i'll agree with you on that part...

chuckdashi
01-22-2006, 01:28 PM
but a referee would not stop the fight if the cost is not right... yes manny dint KO morales...but he had enough to bring him to his knees twice... i think that sez enough about the referee stopping the fight... it wasnt a cut be dropped TWICE...

jayvolution
01-22-2006, 01:42 PM
i dont think anyone expected a knock out in this fight. most people thought the fight would go all the way to the 12th round. i hoped Pacquiao would win with points which he probably would have anyway. Pacquiao himself didnt expect to TKO Morales but he did! He brought Morales down twice and two other times Morales was lucky enough to hold onto the ropes and lean back against the ref. Regardless of the TKO Pacquiao owned Morales in this fight.

Dagul
01-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Regardless, it was a great fight and I'd love to see a 3rd match...

nurb2
01-22-2006, 02:24 PM
It was a good win for Manny. I was surprised when Morales beat him the first time. After Pac-Man's destruction of Barrera, it didn't make sense that Morales could beat him, but I guess that's why they fight.

Morales is looking old for his age ... he's been in a lot of wars and it looks like they've taken a toll on him. Two straight lopsided losses, one to a nobody and this one a TKO. Might be time for him to hang it up before he gets hurt.

-nurb2-

Macky
01-22-2006, 03:12 PM
it may have not been a KO, but had the ref not stopped Pacquiao it would have been. i would have rather seen it that way now that i think about it.

but yea morales is just not good enough for Pacquiao. he should stick to a lower weight class and fight n00bs.

buffpinoy
01-22-2006, 04:33 PM

how was your seats? damn must of been dope actually being there. you should of brought hot steamy rice and thrown it at the people boo'ing* :2funny:

I was sitting in the last few rows up top, but it didn't matter. I just had to be there. But yep, people booed while the filipino anthem was sung. I didn't hear any booing from anyone when the Mexican anthem was sung by Jon Secada.

EVOate909
01-22-2006, 05:22 PM
nice i jus won 20 bucks ;)

great now he's gonna be an actor in PHILIPPINES ^-^

evo_chip
01-23-2006, 12:52 AM
it may have not been a KO, but had the ref not stopped Pacquiao it would have been. i would have rather seen it that way now that i think about it.

but yea morales is just not good enough for Pacquiao. he should stick to a lower weight class and fight n00bs.

I dont think Paquiao would have KO Morales even if the ref didnt stop it, we tivo'ed the fight and Morales would have fallen the first time wether Paquiao hit him or not, he just didnt have the legs for the fight, and also Morales should be fighting in a HEAVIER weight class not lower, but I think it is time to hang them up before he end up like alot of the greats.

EVOate909
01-23-2006, 10:00 AM

I dont think Paquiao would have KO Morales even if the ref didnt stop it, we tivo'ed the fight and Morales would have fallen the first time wether Paquiao hit him or not, he just didnt have the legs for the fight, and also Morales should be fighting in a HEAVIER weight class not lower, but I think it is time to hang them up before he end up like alot of the greats.

o god..excuses...he lost plain and simple :idiot2:
plus how would you "not have legs" for the fight if you lost weight...as far as i know Morales should have more stamina and faster... ;)

Dmoney
01-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Paquiao Showed EXTREME endurance during the fight. When Paquiao got hit in the face by Morales you can see him just shrug it off or shake his head like it was nothing. It was a very good fight by both fighters.

chuckdashi
01-23-2006, 10:38 AM

plus how would you "not have legs" for the fight if you lost weight...as far as i know Morales should have more stamina and faster... ;)
O0

buffpinoy
01-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Pac-man will destroy anyone. You can say he didn't really KO Morales or whatever but one thing remains true... Morales got destroyed! There were thousands of haters present at the fight... booing at the sight of the Filipino flag, singing of the anthem, etc. Morales supporters were so pissed... cussing and throwing up their middle fingers. But all that shit doesn't matter. He lost and he didn't have the judges to help him out this time. This was a great fact. Even if Pac-man would've lost by decision, it wouldn't matter... look at Morales' face. His face says it all.

Macky
01-23-2006, 12:34 PM
that first big hit during the 10th round said it all. morales didnt see the left hook coming, hit him square on the cheek, he tried to stand up, lost his balance, and stumbled on the ropes.

then no less than 30 seconds later he got hit by a 1-2-3-4 from Pacquiao and that was all over. had the ref not stopped it at that point, i seriously believe Pacquiao would have knocked his lights out.

besides, on the sixth round, Morales was literally saved by the ref. pacquiao hit him hard and he fell back. the mere fact that the ref was there by accident to save his fall saved him from total humiliation. he literally fell backwards on the ref. so all morales was saying was just excuses. he was clearly outgunned this time.

the match was a good one, but it was clear that Pacquiao was definitely better this time around.

bogey8
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
He would have won the first one too if it wasn't for the head butt. He was literally fighting with one eye and still made a come back in the last 2 rounds.

evo_chip
01-23-2006, 03:55 PM

I guess you dont understand what dropping 20+ lbs of water weight does to someones stamina and strenght. Its very hard to rehydrate yourself completely ibn 24hrs, and usually your legs are the first thing to go, im not making excuses for morales, my money was on Paquiao that night , just like many other nights, but i think Morales woudl beat Paquiao in a higher weight class, maybe the 135's, but Paquiao looked to be about at heavy as hes going to be.

itsnino
01-24-2006, 11:00 AM
pacman rules!!!

mabuhay bitches!!!

chuckdashi
01-24-2006, 11:21 AM
pacman rules!!!

mabuhay bitches!!!
hahahahaha :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: