PDA

View Full Version : Wow. France apparently borrowed someones balls for a minute

Terry S
01-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Tough Talk From Chirac

Americans are always debating the proper response to terrorists, but we're unlikely to come up with a tougher threat than French President Jacques Chirac has. He's warning that France is prepared to launch a so-called "tactical" nuclear strike on any state that sponsors a terrorist attack against France.

Speaking at a nuclear submarine base, Chirac noted that France has reduced the number of warheads on some of the missiles the subs carry, which would limit destruction to smaller areas. So he said, "our choice is not between inaction and destruction" and French forces now have the flexibility to "respond directly against the centers of power."

Though some critics complained about the threats, Chirac said state-sponsored terrorism has replaced threats of the Cold War era when France and other nations built nuclear weapons to deter attacks.

France just earned a +2 to their current point total of -4,563,213,214,567,869,456,321,321,321,456

Impressive. But if they fail to follow through on their threat, then they risk doubling the point total.

Terry S

nurb2
01-23-2006, 08:00 PM
France is like internet tough guys ... all talk, no action.

-nurb2-

ultraflip
01-24-2006, 09:19 AM
:bs: can't wait to see this follow through

Absinthe
01-24-2006, 11:26 AM
:bs: can't wait to see this follow through

You really want to see someone get nuked, think about that....

ultraflip
01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
why not... who cares... the whole world is going to hell n e way... with such a place where the majority of individuals are "glass half full" types... who cares?

hksevo8
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Damn bleeding hearts......if a terrorist strike happens, I wish someone would push the button to defend themselves.....

Absinthe
01-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Damn bleeding hearts......if a terrorist strike happens, I wish someone would push the button to defend themselves.....

Ok dude I am all fopr flattening people who attack just nukes have serious other consequences in the for of nuclear fall out etc especially now that even the smallest weapons have 100's of times the yeild of the bomb we hit japan with, nuking one terrorist could seriously harm the allies we have surrounding say iran, not only that it could make working those oilfields too dangerous to use them for a few years....

think destruction allong the lines of what happened at dresden...all the furry and more minus the fall-out...

Terry S
01-24-2006, 01:07 PM

Ok dude I am all fopr flattening people who attack just nukes have serious other consequences in the for of nuclear fall out etc especially now that even the smallest weapons have 100's of times the yeild of the bomb we hit japan with, nuking one terrorist could seriously harm the allies we have surrounding say iran,* not only that it could make working those oilfields too dangerous to use them for a few years....

think destruction allong the lines of what happened at dresden...all the furry and more minus the fall-out...

When used properly, a minimal yeild tactical nuclear strike would produce a very minimum of fallout and minimum collateral damage. The only issue with using them is if the user (in this case France) is sloppy or lazy in their deployment of the weapon (quite plausible), AND if they would use it in the proper setting (like not striking downtown Damascus or somewhere heavily populated). It would most likely be used on military targets only (hopefully).

Terry S