PDA

View Full Version : Dynoflash -Thread Merge-

gt40
01-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Just a reminder to be a tad wary about things you may come across online in the forums hyping product...

It seems that evolutionm.net has banned Al's dynoflash. He was promoting himself with bogus testimonies through fake user accounts on top of the general negative hype...

buyer beware...

Here is a sample:

I actually feel really stupid now. In one post, I made some not so friendly posts concerning Big Al and Evoitis1 responded, with what seems like very detailed knowledge of Al's motivations. In retrospect, it seems so very obvious.

His faux grassroots campaigning scheme is laughable now that it has come to light.

By far, my favorite Al post is this one:

"I am going with these guys at www.dynoflash.com they offered me a complete custom dyno tune on my car with a reflash they are doing for $450.00. That includes the dyno time and the flash. These guys are real experts on dsm tuning also and they just did a tune on a Black Evo that is going to the Ultimate Street Car Challenge next week. They said they will be ready to start on client cars in two weeks, they are finishing base maps now. The price is right and they really know what they are doing so its a no-brainer for me. Oh, and money back guarantee if I don't get an extra 20 hp !"

It's like watching a commercial, only filled with suffering.

Link:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57386

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57386&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

howiEVO8
01-04-2004, 10:40 PM
hahaha what a freakin loser...everyone should boycott his crap as well

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2004, 12:23 AM
interesting on whats happening with him , just the fact to deal with someone so far away , in case you come across problems is something else ...

leaveit2bevo
01-05-2004, 12:48 AM
HAHAHAHAHA fuck that turd he just got owned by the evom mods. Its about time those mods did something good. Secret Chimp is the best MOD!!

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2004, 12:52 AM
If what the mods say is true , on how he is doing his on reviews of the product . Then he deserves what just happen to him ...

howiEVO8
01-05-2004, 01:29 AM
that's like getting your friend to counter-bid for you on ebay kinda lolz

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2004, 01:31 AM
yeah , is not cool cause then the buyer ends up getting screw at the end ...

ReHeat
01-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Wow, that's pretty shady stuff...

Look at what ez76 found out

Holy shit - look at Evoitis1' self-shilling posting history. Too many choice quotes.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=398549

If you had any doubts about the kind of "businessman" Al Friedman is/was, this will shed a great deal of light.

blitzkrgCT9A
01-05-2004, 02:35 AM
ha! same ole Al! He was doing the same thing w/ his WRX before his EVO.. can't believe they just found him guilty..haha

howiEVO8
01-05-2004, 05:18 AM
damn him and ppl like him to hell

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2004, 09:17 AM
i never knew about him and his WRX , since i didnt own one . But IMO people that have been on this community should of realize the type of business that he is carrying , if he is to post good reviews about himself . Just so people can be amze with his product ...

Coolguy949
01-05-2004, 10:26 AM
For all of you interested, here's the explanation Mark (KK - owner of evolutionm.net) gave for deactivating Al's account:

Deactivation of DynoFlash Account (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57426) (click to show original thread)

I wanted to inform all members that DynoFlash’s vendor account on this site has been removed indefinitely. This has much less to do with any vendor vs. vendor actions and everything to do with Al’s general actions/attitude over the past few months since he has been a member.

It’s important to understand the deactivation of a vendor account could occur to any vendor. There was no singling out of any kind in this situation.

There are a few important items I want to address in this post:

1. There was no influence of any outside vendors in this decision. I personally made the decision in the best interests of the EvoM community. It was my feeling that Al was proving to be a negative effect on the forums as well as a time wasting element for the moderators and myself. Al’s negative comments had developed a very negative profile for our site, one that I would not stand for any longer.

2. DynoFlash is no longer an authorized vendor on EvoM, which means that Al cannot publicly sell products on the forums of this site. This also means that his DynoFlash account will be disabled.

3. Al will still maintain his private account, Alfriedesq, on EvoM. He will have full posting privileges on the forums just as other members do. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, but I have warned him not to begin any flame wars on this subject. In addition, if he continues the same trends as before, then there is a good chance that his account will be terminated.

4. This does not prevent anyone from getting a DynoFlash flash. If you are still interested in his services, you are most welcome to contact Al privately to discuss getting a flash. In addition those who have received DynoFlash’s flash will have the right to discuss their products with those that are interested.

I wanted to clarify these points so that members understand that my intentions are not to hamper anything for members. This decision was relevant to DynoFlash’s advertising on the site and is mainly between Al and myself.

Absinthe
01-07-2004, 02:35 PM
seems like vendors should be banned from pimping thier own stuff...and from trashing others.

of course then alot of them would have much to say

Howie
01-07-2004, 03:04 PM
that is shady. but i don't think any of us 'socal' evo members would even need to use him. we have so many local options already! :cool:

Justin1933
01-26-2004, 09:23 AM
I just had my car flashed by Al on Saturday and I must say I am very happy with the results. He did an awesome job....

The true reason for this post is I think I have figured out why people have problems with Al...

He is from the NY area...Most people have not dealt with people from this area, and can't understand the passion (oftern perceived as cockiness) of Al. I deal with people from this area on a daily basis, and understand them (Yes, I know not everyone from this area is like this). He is so dedicated to his products and is very close to his product. It is like his child. If you attack his flash, it's like your attacking his family. Of course he will attack back..I would..

Also, he is a bit rough around the edges...So what...He does a good job and is concerned about your feelings as a customer. He does stop tuning your car until you are satisfied...Not when your time on the Dyno is over.

I am sure this topic will either be locked or erased.

Just an FYI:

I am 28 year old father of two...I have nothing to gain from this post...Just trying to shed some light on the truth...

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 09:30 AM
what mods do you have in the car ??
Hope you dyno the car to see the results

Justin1933
01-26-2004, 09:36 AM
I have the following:

HKS DP
HKS Exhaust
264 Cams
MBC
HKS BOV - which he highly recommend going back to stock or the Forge recirculating...

I will dyno it someday...As soon as Dynamic Autosports gets the AWD up and going..

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 09:40 AM
glad to know that you are a happy customer with your flash , also how are the cams runing with it . Any ruff idle at all ?? what are the settings of the dynoflash as far as boost ????
I prefer a custom set up , then a general program . Your car attends to run a lot better since the program is design for it ....

Justin1933
01-26-2004, 09:45 AM
At first I was going to do the SAFC way, but I decided the best thing for me (to help me from buying more and more parts) was to get a custom tune from Al.

As for the idle, it is very smooth...Hardly notice it all...The only issues I have is with BOV and they aren't that bad either. Overall, the car has a very smooth power band and pulls harder than ever...

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 09:57 AM
the reason i ask cause i have the 264/272 combo , i know the car is untune and running on stock ecu setting. Till i get all of my bolt ons , i will have a custom tune either APS or Xede (which i hear a lot of excellent reviews from different Norcal guys ) which all i need is my FMIC . But the idle is a bit ruff , i know i need to make sure that the camgears are tune properly . Since they were set on a setting another car had ,but i just want to make sure that there tune to what the car benefits the most . Also top end is just sick now :D i get a huge smile every time . I know of only 2 guys that do custom tuning on the flash and that is Shiv and Al. But if i go with Shiv then i would get the Xede/Xflash combo..

NRG
01-26-2004, 11:34 AM
I also did my flash yesterday by Al and all I can say is WOW......Great tuning job, explained in details, and overall a nice flash.......My car now pulls hard 3rd and 4th gear straight up to 7800k rpm....Its feels just like when I first bought my car where I have the adrenaline rush again....So overall I give DynoFlash a two thumbs up........

My peception of Al is that he is a nice guy..........You just have to know where he is coming from.....

moogle
01-26-2004, 11:40 AM
My car is stock and wow my car felt like it has mods.

trev0006
01-26-2004, 12:22 PM
I did the dynoflash also and am very happy with it.

here are some more reviews
http://forum.evolutionforums.com/zerothread?id=937

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 01:00 PM
thats good that you guys have a good experience with the product , also any check engine lights ???

Chris in SD
01-26-2004, 02:03 PM
I've had the DynoFlash for about 3 months now - no CELs, no problems.

About the cams - a guy out here has the 272/272s and his idle sounds awesome. I'm sure it has to do with the cam gears - there was a thread about how much to advance them on EvoM... I think in the Vishnu section.

Coolguy949
01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Ok, I have informed my mods to watch this topic. I really am tired of flame wars on here. I get a flooded PM box every time about people wanting me to take action. Let's keep things under control.

I'm also moving this thread to the buyers review section.

robi
01-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm the guy with the silver C-west nose EVO. I was al's last tune and due to him helping out other customers who jump on at the last minute we didn't get started till almost 10:00 pm we did the Buschur stage 4 Buschurflash for 91 octane and then changed over to race gas and reflashed my EVO for roadracing. My car was as fast as Z06s and M3s before (top end rollons 60-130 mph) at the track or the street. Thanks to Buschur racing and Al's magic its SICK fast now. I want T-hill to be next weekend no dammit I wan't it now... Buschurs EVO is running mid 11's Al thinks my car is quicker... He's road/dyno tunedover 200 EVO's he should know... Where's the resumes of the na-sayers? BEST $500.00 I've spent on my EVO. The flash tune maximized each of the other mods and it added up to max HP see you guys at the feb 21 dyno day. Bevo is the weak sauce you keep talking about your EVO? Or have you flashed your car and then collected on Al's no questions asked moneyback GUARANTEE? (You'll be an army of one but you don't seem to mind marginalizing yourself ;-). ).
PS Al didn't finish with my car till everything was perfect 02:00 and yes we were both dead tired at 12:00 but he kept at it till everything was the best it could be. Prop's to ya Al!!!

Chris in SD
01-26-2004, 03:48 PM
I told you guys he was good... and WAY different from the posts he writes. I am going up to Connecticut (think of it like driving to Vegas) next weekend for a big meet at Pruven to see him and some of the other guys.

perversity
01-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Glad you guys had a good experience and got some good results. Can't wait to see the cars in action at Thunder Hill....

gt40
01-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey,

Even if i am no fan here of Al, I am glad you didn't get hazed and he treated club members decent. I always said the guy could probably tune. It is a shame he has to spew so much poison and hate on the net to promote himself. (yeah there is a reason why he has been repeatedly banned from multiple forums)

One of you guys needs to dyno now to separate the bs from reality and see just how much you added.

On another note, i saw a dyno pull after the the aps intake, exhaust and piggyback was installed on andrew's car and it went from 235hp to 295 at stock boost levels and redline - intake exhaust and aps piggyback = 60whp so there are alternatives...

Anyway, good luck and glad it turned out.

robi
01-26-2004, 05:29 PM
I wasn't looking forward to meeting you in the flesh at T-hill but your last post has gone a long way to modifying my opinion ;-). Look for the C-west silver EVO flying past... rrr

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
I've had the DynoFlash for about 3 months now - no CELs, no problems.

About the cams - a guy out here has the 272/272s and his idle sounds awesome. I'm sure it has to do with the cam gears - there was a thread about how much to advance them on EvoM... I think in the Vishnu section.
i wonder what would be the best on the Toda cam gears ... I seen some specs (need to search ) glad to know that you are able to have a stock idle . Since im running a stock ecu idle is a bit lumpy which i know also air and fuel ratio can fix that .. Will see

EVO Neil
01-26-2004, 10:26 PM
After watching the flaming posts here and elsewhere, it's good to see that Al's customers all seem very enthusiastic about the flash he does and the way he goes above and beyond to make sure it is right, props to you Al.

drmosh
01-27-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm wondering, has there been any real solid evidence or dyno sheets posted of before and after Dynoflash? I'm real skeptical.

NRG
01-27-2004, 01:55 AM
There probably are.....But according to my butt dyno (very sensitive by the way), my car gain atleast 20-30whp.....Not only can I feel, I can see that my 3rd and 4th gear pulls straight into redline hard without any lag or stumble.......

Chris in SD
01-27-2004, 03:22 AM
Dino - Some of the East Coast guys posted dyno sheets after getting Al's reflash. Most showed ~25 hp and ~30 tq gains... Pretty good stuff. I think even the stock cars showed that sort of gain.

gt40
01-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Some of the East Coast guys posted dyno sheets after getting Al's reflash. Most showed ~25 hp and ~30 tq gains...

As I said, one of you guys needs to dyno now to separate the bs from reality and see just how much actually you added. Chris's post is probably pretty on though. I would love to see someone go and do the aps intake/exhaust piggyback tune package and see how it compares before and after.

As I said before, I saw a dyno pull after the the aps intake, exhaust and piggyback was installed on andrew's car and it went from 235hp to 295 at stock boost levels and redline - intake exhaust and aps piggyback = 60whp so there are alternatives...

If you wanted to go above stock, figure 1.4bar and a little more tuning and you are good for 310-315whp, btw

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2004, 09:53 AM
there are always different alternatives , but also how much did Roschon charge for custom tuning the APS with the cai and exhaust , since i don't think it was a direct bolt on with out tuning .
Tuning is the key to get the best out of the car and also to make sure is running correctly IMO . Since i have experience and seen huge gains went it comes to tuning.

rizalhoo
01-27-2004, 11:55 AM
i dont really know how much roshan will charge to do tuning of that some kind but I called him yesterday wanted to tune my boost controller since I dont wanna blow my engine up if I do it myself, they said it is $350 an hour (THATS SOME SCARY NUMBER) ok so my point is that custom tuning the APS with the cai and exhaust would cost way way way more than a $350

anyhow i ended up with xs engineering cost $200.

sorry to be out of topic though :)

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Its seems like he has change his mind (seeing how many Evo's go there) because at the begining he was saying 300.00 hr which is still a bit high , Shiv charges 200.00hr and IMO has a lot of experience as a tuner and im sure as flashing ecu on Evos. An now he bump up the price to 350.00hr and im sure he cuts no special offers or discounts .....

Justin1933
01-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I had Dynamic Autosports, Install and tune my MBC and Boost Guage for under $200...Great Guys and they do good work

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2004, 02:14 PM
can you post a link or some information on them ? Dynamic Sports

Justin1933
01-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Dynamic Autosports: 949-457-1234

BTW...Their mechanic has an EVO also...

Dynoflash
01-28-2004, 01:26 PM
First of all - thanks for the kind words !

Secondly - I want you all to realize when tuning a street car the #1 priority is the "feel" of the power band. Getting an extra few whp at the expense of the famous "feel" that my Dyno Flash adds is not worth it. If your driving your car every day, you want reliability, a smooth broad power band and zero detonation and pulling of timing from the stock ecu.

Since even the stock evos we tuned on 91 octane ALL had the ecu pulling timing, it is no easy feat to ADD power and take away the detonation and pulling of timing. I can make the car run better and make power

If 99.9999 % of the guys who get my flash report a better power band and smoother feel and a faster car then - we MUST be doing something right. There is NO BS or hokus pocus going on.. . . . no need to seperate hype from relaity or what ever.

Comapring my tuning results to peak figures on dyno sheets is irellevant.
Look at the whole power band.

As we all know - I am capable of making extreme whp figures. My evo records still stand.

However - when tuning on the street - I aim for a different objective. Making more peak whp is secondary to reliability and smoothness.

This is not to say that my tunes won't be showing up more whp on the dyno - I just want to highlight the fact that whp is not the objective of what we are after. My goal is to turn the evo into a more linear BMW like feel in the power band - which I think most of my clients appreciate and agree.

Finally - there is NO way to tune a evo on 91 octane properly in less than two hours and in some cases it takes 3. Its easy to do a few full out passes on the dyno and brag - its a lot harder to dial in the car like a swiss watch and make it as smooth as a bmw.

If you want an example of my extreme tuning - go for a ride in Robi's car.

PS - I'll honor my so cal evo price of $495.00 if any of you guys want me to come out again

gt40
01-28-2004, 01:37 PM
thought "al" wasn't suppposed to pimp dynoflash on here...

Justin1933
01-28-2004, 01:48 PM
I don't think he is pimping to hard...Thanks Al for doing a great job on my car...For the first time, I don't want to buy more performance parts for my car. I am happy...

Coolguy949
01-28-2004, 02:08 PM
I am THIS CLOSE to banning AL from this site. Not only he call the SoCalEvo team "those idiots at socalevo.net", he deleted my post where I explained why we ask him not to post about DynoFlash on our boards. I knew he was going to delete it, so I went ahead and saved it before:

Al, we NEVER have blocked you from our site or told you not to post. I only SUGGESTED that you keep your DynoFlash related posts restricted to PMs since it causes so much commotion on my forum and I get flooded with PMs every time. That fact you call me or my staff "idiots" gives me a new low respect for you. Maybe I should just ban you. I tried to be nice about it with you and dont appreciate being referred to as an idiot. I thought I was being nice enough to you NOT banning you like evolutionm.

Oh, and, this thread is closed.

ReHeat
01-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Here are a couple facts that most of you didn't know

fact 1 : Al posted this message on his Dynoflash board on Evolutionforums

Can someone PLEASE make a post on socalevo.net with a link to this thread - - those idiots over then blocked me from posting there or even looking at the forum - thanks

http://forum.evolutionforums.com/zerothread?id=901

fact 2 : We DID NOT block him from posting or viewing SoCalEvo.net

fact 3 : Al lied about us blocking him from posting or viewing SoCalEvo.net, and insulted all the staff members by refering us as "idiots"

fact 4 : Rob replyed to his post

Al, we NEVER have blocked you from our site or told you not to post. I only SUGGESTED that you keep your DynoFlash related posts restricted to PMs since it causes so much commotion on my forum and I get flooded with PMs every time. That fact you call me or my staff "idiots" gives me a new low respect for you. Maybe I should just ban you. I tried to be nice about it with you and dont appreciate being referried to as an idiot. I thought I was being nice to you NOT banning you like evolutionm.

fact 5 : Al is an admin on his Dynoflash board on Evolutionforums, he deleted Rob's reply.

fact 6 : Screen shots of the thread before Al deleted Rob's reply

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/ReHeat/eforum1.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/ReHeat/eforum2.jpg

Ev0WN3D
02-03-2004, 02:04 AM
like my screenname says... he got EV0WN3D!!!

MrBubbler
02-03-2004, 02:48 AM
sad...

mifesto
02-09-2004, 05:01 PM
yeah i met the guy, and i can see he is rough around the edges. i am from NJ and i never get along with NY people because of their attitudes. but i have to say, he did an amazing job. here is my modds... buscher intakes, random tech highflow cat, and turboXS catback... dynoed at 269whp and 279 lb torque with his tuning... from seeing this vishnu vs Al fight from a distance, i can see who's the nicer person but also see who will give you the real bang for the buck. my car is much smoother, powers all the way to redline and seems to rev quicker too. some of you SoCal members are truely jumping on the bandwagon because you are pro west side and against east side deal... i wont say i like or dislike Al, i do dislike cocky people but thats all i know about it, it is unfair for me to judge him. but gotta hand it to him, he has to be one of the top tuners evo tuner in this country.

Takashi
02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
al, is that you?

Coolguy949
02-09-2004, 05:32 PM
That IP is coming from PA, does anyone know if Al lives there?

GokuSSJ4
02-09-2004, 06:25 PM
i wouldnt be surprise if that would be him , promoting the flash .
The one thing i dont understand if he wants to promote so much then why not advertise like all the vendors do .. Instead of creating accounts on the forums and posting that you are a satisfy customer... :?

Takashi
02-09-2004, 06:32 PM
i think al is located in ct... i might be wrong though.

vroomevo
04-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey all!
just want to know what your comments about dynoflash mail-in flash.
is it worth it?

leaveit2bevo
04-20-2004, 03:52 PM
cough; www.worksrally.com cough

Absinthe
04-20-2004, 04:51 PM
whats this bevo getting more subtle with age?

JanSolo
04-20-2004, 05:19 PM
He meant to say *cough* WORKS P2 (http://www.worksrally.com) *cough*.

leaveit2bevo
04-20-2004, 05:49 PM
whats this bevo getting more subtle with age?

ya well I dont want to unlease the whole dynoflush thing yet just trying to lead him in the right direction :wink:

Justin1933
04-20-2004, 07:24 PM
P2 is a good choice....And so is the Dynoflash...I have the custom Dynoflash and I am very happy.

It's preference...

bcmind
04-21-2004, 10:17 AM
I have the mail-in and no complain :D

o yeah... worth every penny

leaveit2bevo
04-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Ive heard that the dynoflushes dont hold boost like there suppost to.

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 10:26 AM
WORKS P2 , problem solve :cool:

JanSolo
04-21-2004, 10:44 AM

10 minute boost delay!!! Just an MBC along with your dynoflash and it will control boost.

Which means you could have saved yourself the extra cash and bought an MBC in the first place.

Absinthe
04-21-2004, 11:52 AM

10 minute boost delay!!! Just an MBC along with your dynoflash and it will control boost.

Which means you could have saved yourself the extra cash and bought an MBC in the first place.

Jan- your forgetting part of the tune in the Flush. it also advances the timing and dumps fuels top end to supress knock while leaning out other areas of the curve. an MBC does neith of these.

So in a sense and MBC plus Dyno FLash should be similar to a P2 which controls boost, fuel and timing

leaveit2bevo
04-21-2004, 01:26 PM
yep you got it, but I know someone who has gotten a MBC to correct the dynoflush boost problem and that hasent worked either.

kaisho99
04-21-2004, 04:42 PM

My dynoflash holds boost perfectly.

Absinthe
04-21-2004, 04:56 PM
yep you got it, but I know someone who has gotten a MBC to correct the dynoflush boost problem and that hasent worked either.

I have heard stories like that about works too though something about a spike to 26psi...

then again I think I heard it from Shiv

Chase101
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
If you have the Dynoflash and you have a boost problem, its gotta be your boost controller. Dynaflash doesn't change your boost. I had a similar problem when I got the dynoflash. I installed a Greddy MBC the day before my flash and I couldn't get it to hold boost. It would peak at 19.5psi then just taper off right away to about 16psi in 1st thru 3rd and then peak at 21psi in 4th and 5th and taper down to 16psi. I went ahead and got the flash with the jacked up mbc, which was a little harder to tune because of the boost taper. I went ahead and got a new Perrin MBC the day after the flash and now my boost holds rock solid.

moogle
04-21-2004, 06:42 PM
I got dynoflash. @ first it hold boost steady all the way to redline, but now it doesn't hold @ all. I borrowed my friends boost gauge and it went 18psi than 16 psi @ top end. In 4th and 5th gear it would hit 19 psi than tapper down to 16. I bought mbc to aid it boosting 19psi, helped a bit but still tappers @top end but 19 to 17 instead of 16.

Coolguy949
04-21-2004, 07:05 PM
If you want a high quality flash that holds boost to redline I'd go for the works P2. So far not one person has complained about it that I know. You get a 3 year warranty too. I dont know if AL warranties his stuff.

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Thats the WORKS way , there are very few places that warranty there work like they do . That shows you that they have confidence in their products :cool:

DocMortal
04-28-2004, 11:50 AM
First I did mail in flash was a huge improvement over stock,then Al came to LA and got my custom street tune...Was an awesome experience to see this guy work got my Evo running a perfect air fuel ratio of 11.1 and no timing retard......

Holds 20-21 psi all the way to redline...AL's warranty is if you dont like it you get your money back no questions asked...He will flash you back to stock :) and he will even pay for your rental car while you got your ECU out,just fax him the receipt...

Also compare $200 to works $500

I have no doubt works is a quality flash,but pricey..

Get a good quality MBC and you should be able to hold boost unless you got a leak somewhere,check all your hose clamps especially at your BOV..

evolife04
04-28-2004, 12:02 PM
the roks flash bleed unf boast also i had it for 6 months and i never hit 19pooi they told me my grungins where wrong. :roll: yeah right i used 3 diffrence guages they said the same thing that i do me some. they then told me something else was wrong with my car all i had was the p2 flash and exhale. a waste of me. I had ugky al street tuenne my cahhr and all i can say is it blow the s%^t out of rokka p2 flash. my car a/f is 11.1 across the boads nd i can hold 20 psi with no bleed off since he tunned it. hmm sounds kinda funny caus my engrish so bad (oh wait something is wrong with my cat that was the driver og me ya)

leaveit2bevo
04-28-2004, 12:24 PM
I love how people saw well als flash is way cheaper than the works flash, but they fail to leave out the fact that they need to buy a mbc.

Absinthe
04-28-2004, 01:18 PM
yeah but you could get als flash, mbc, walbro, and boost gauge for less than P2

MP5
04-28-2004, 02:23 PM
You need to take a look at the seals in the diverter valve. mine was bad and not sealing well. boost not holding up top Im not going to flag waive but I strongly suggest that vishnu xflash be considered also It has control of the boost maps (Like Works) and has tons of AFR/Dyno/1320/track documentation to back it up (Unlike Works) so its also in the middle of the pricing of theses two.

leaveit2bevo
04-28-2004, 02:29 PM

no you couldnt

Absinthe
04-28-2004, 03:03 PM

no you couldnt

P2- from works site 499 + 99= 598 no tax no ship

Dyno flash 199
MBC (several) >100
Boost Gauge 100
Walbro 90
total 489

Last time I checked 489 was less than 598

818 Racing
04-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Had the basic flash when Al came to town and then he did the street tune. HUGE difference.

The A/F and timing had to be tuned really well. Now my car pulls all the way to 7800rpm with NO mbc.

I have heard more happy customers with less problems with Dynoflash than with WORKS.

Just my 2 cents.

JanSolo
04-28-2004, 04:37 PM
I have heard more happy customers with less problems with Dynoflash than with WORKS.

Funny - I've heard the exact opposite.

bcmind
04-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Had the basic flash when Al came to town and then he did the street tune. HUGE difference.

The A/F and timing had to be tuned really well. Now my car pulls all the way to 7800rpm with NO mbc.

Just my 2 cents.

Al told me that I'm using your base map :D

MP5
04-28-2004, 04:42 PM

Funny - I've heard the exact opposite.

Me too but the thing I cant swallow is no proof to back it up and not willing to get to tough tech

moogle
04-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Dynoflash rocks when I was stock, I got few mods added that's why my psi is not holding till redline =<. Bevo dynoflash rocks as long as u don't add anymore mods after it. I need to get it reflashed, I didn't go in april bcz of emergency. I am going to msg al on this... lets see what he says.

Coolguy949
04-29-2004, 09:47 PM
To me this whole discussion is stupid. There's different flavors to everything. Some people like hagen daz vanilla, some people like breyers vanilla. Just like some people like WORKS and some people like DynoFlash. Can't everyone just get along???? Multple brands of the same thing can co-exist you know. :)

moogle
04-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I agree, each his own u know. I Like rmr, u like buschur in the end u get hp and u got an evo.

Blaze
01-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Merged