PDA

View Full Version : initial d arcade

*chris*
02-02-2006, 06:40 AM
holy god. anyone played this? i realize i might be behind in times, but it happens. anyways, while my friend & i were in sioux falls (closest mitsu dealership) we stopped by this arcade after my car was finished. he was telling me all about this car game that wasnt like nascar. ok im in ...lets go.

i see initial d when we walk in and instantlly i was like ahhhhhhh. even though ive never seen any of the episodes. evoVII was the car to be ...just had to.

its a pretty fun game actually. my friend was saying the steering was a little tough but i was handling it better than he was. and i dunno how many times hes played it. but a few races in, i was racing on osui against some moron with a miata. and at the end of the first lap he caught me and passed on the front strait. so naturally i get all pissed ...but i havent lost my composure yet. so i was all over him in the last half of the track and we round the last corner and onto the front strait. and im siting forward in my seat smashing the gas pedal to the floor going cmon! cmon! CMON! GO GO GO! NO CMON DAMNIT GO! i lost by a wheel. i was so pissed i hit the machine.

my friends over there racing and just dying of laughter so hes losing now. then there were 2 little girls playing air hockey with mom&grams watching them. and some random other people too. one guy playing police 911 and some other little demons running around. after i lost & had my little show of anger i noticed in the glare on the screen that they were all staring at me like :-o my friends still laughing and he says, d00d ...everyone is staring at you. then i jumped out and said fk this shi ...im getting more tokens i need to beat this asshole.

anyone else experience the joy & anger this game has to offer? :2funny:

ultraflip
02-02-2006, 07:01 AM
home version works well

DTunedEvoX
02-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Been playing it for a couple years ... love it .. :smitten: Although havent had time as of late :-P

ebevo
02-02-2006, 09:56 AM
ya first time i played initial d arcade was about 6 months ago...so don't worry if you're late playing this game

the arcade game is a serious $$$ pit

to really compete in this game you have to spend money on getting a card that stores your records and pts you earn during each race...pts = upgrades to your car...really can't compete with the higher ranking cars in the game with the stock car of your choice >:(

also another tip about this game...bumping into walls really slows your car down...and it's almost instant game over since it takes forever to build up speed again...and by that time the AI would've blown by you

i've been playing the ps2 version "special stage" it's a great game with kick ass music...frustrating at times but it's all fun...like right now "F@$@ that cheap a$$ Integra Type-R on Happougahara" :buck2:

current race i'm on ...driving my Trueno (AE86) with 11K rpm engine 8)

you have to watch the anime...it's pimp and you'll enjoy the game more 8)

chuckdashi
02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
true true

DTunedEvoX
02-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I want the PS2 version but my PS2 isnt chipped :buck2:

*chris*
02-02-2006, 10:56 AM
yah i know the arcades a $$$ pit ...dollar each race. its rediculous. fun ..but rediculous.

yah the damn wall is a killer. found that out the first couple of races i did. of course since i never played this game before in my life ...naturally i select some of the harder sprint stages. i have the card with my info saved on it ...blue evoVII. i wasnt aware there was a time limit to pick so i was just sitting there looking at the colors and then it saved that. NO I WANTED WHITE DAMNIT. oh well.

whats the anime like ...is it a 30min episode for 20bucks containing one race? thats the impression i got from the couple that were at best buy. both were of some guy with a black evoIII.

ultraflip
02-02-2006, 10:59 AM
what's wrong w/ blue?

DTunedEvoX
02-02-2006, 11:04 AM
yah i know the arcades a $$$ pit ...dollar each race. its rediculous. fun ..but rediculous.

yah the damn wall is a killer. found that out the first couple of races i did. of course since i never played this game before in my life ...naturally i select some of the harder sprint stages. i have the card with my info saved on it ...blue evoVII. i wasnt aware there was a time limit to pick so i was just sitting there looking at the colors and then it saved that. NO I WANTED WHITE DAMNIT. oh well.

whats the anime like ...is it a 30min episode for 20bucks containing one race? thats the impression i got from the couple that were at best buy. both were of some guy with a black evoIII.

Download the JDM ones for free :twisted:

R3dline
02-02-2006, 11:08 AM
I still have my card, havent played it over a year :-\. I have the s13 all hooked up. :coolsmiley:

*chris*
02-02-2006, 11:32 AM
what's wrong w/ blue?

everything. haha jk man ...i just like white.

i dont actually d/l anything. i used to ALOT. but 2 fried hard drives and several migraines from virus/spyware have made me a little weery of d/ling.

silvery_eagle
02-02-2006, 12:01 PM
i hate people who hit the machine especially initial-d arcades ones...
each dvd contains actually 3 episodes if i remember correctly..

:knuppel2:

*chris*
02-02-2006, 12:16 PM
lol well sometimes we get a little into the game and sht happens ...what can i say. i didnt smash the screen in ...if that counts for anything.

silvery_eagle
02-02-2006, 12:55 PM
fastest car on stage 3 arcade is evo4 :p
actually really depend on which track you're running, but overall Evo 4 is just like integra on stage 2

chuckdashi
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
so whas wrong with blue again?.. and where can you dload the jdm movies?..

*chris*
02-02-2006, 03:38 PM
everything. i just like white better. une problemo?

02-03-2006, 12:52 AM

Currently Initial D is on its "fourth stage". You can download those here through bit torrent:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/402.html

You can probably find downloads to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stage (movie) on some of the more popular torrent sites like mininova.org or torrentreactor.net. There's also a "Initial D Battle Stage" and "Initial D Extra Stage". Here's a torent link to Battle Stage:

http://a.scarywater.net/soldats/%5BSoldats%5D%20Initial%20D%20-%20Battle%20Stage.avi.torrent

There's also a movie with real actors called Initial D: Live Action, which you can also find on mininova or torrentreactor probably.* O0

chuckdashi
02-04-2006, 12:49 AM
awesome dude thanks

ebevo
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
on saturday @ the Asian Garden Mall in westminister & bolsa...saw a group of kids playing the game

kid in the evo IV loses to his buddy in the trueno on akina... big surprise...pretty decent players both of them :roll:

then this girl comes in challenges the trueno driver...she's i'm guessing maybe like 8 or something...she picks I believe USUI course...she also had like a 85% win ratio out of like 90 races

girl just tore up the trueno player...she built up like a 600m lead at one point :-o

is there any differences between the arcade ver and the special stage ps2 ver?

the way they were snapping the wheel left and right seemed unrealistic on the way the cars were taking the corners :idiot2:

j_nizzle
02-13-2006, 10:08 AM

Currently Initial D is on its "fourth stage". You can download those here through bit torrent:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/402.html

You can probably find downloads to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stage (movie) on some of the more popular torrent sites like mininova.org or torrentreactor.net. There's also a "Initial D Battle Stage" and "Initial D Extra Stage". Here's a torent link to Battle Stage:

http://a.scarywater.net/soldats/%5BSoldats%5D%20Initial%20D%20-%20Battle%20Stage.avi.torrent

There's also a movie with real actors called Initial D: Live Action, which you can also find on mininova or torrentreactor probably. O0

actually in japan, they're almost done with the 6th stage as we are stuck in the elementary episodes of the 5th stage that are dubbed/subtitled....

krillin
02-13-2006, 10:21 AM
I want the PS2 version but my PS2 isnt chipped :buck2:

you don't need to get ur ps2 chipped. just get the fliptop cover with swap magic for $35 or the slimtool. :D

SpdyEvo02
02-13-2006, 12:23 PM
never played initial d or watched initial d and i think i will live with out it

WHITE POWER

silvery_eagle
02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
with the 6th stage as we are stuck in the elementary episodes of the 5th stage that are dubbed/subtitled....

6th stage? wtf...
where do you get the info :D
i'm still in 4th stage >.<

j_nizzle
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
with the 6th stage as we are stuck in the elementary episodes of the 5th stage that are dubbed/subtitled....

6th stage? wtf...

i have some marine friends stationed in okinawa...they've been sending all sorts of shit...mags, shows, games, good times.

02-14-2006, 03:27 PM

6th stage? wtf...

i have some marine friends stationed in okinawa...they've been sending all sorts of shit...mags, shows, games, good times.

Are you sure about this? As far as anime goes, Initial D is still on fourth stage. It's at episode 22 right now, and they release two episodes about every 3 months. Maybe you're talking about the manga (comic).. I'm not sure how far along that is, though.

j_nizzle
02-14-2006, 05:59 PM

6th stage? wtf...

Are you sure about this? As far as anime goes, Initial D is still on fourth stage. It's at episode 22 right now, and they release two episodes about every 3 months. Maybe you're talking about the manga (comic).. I'm not sure how far along that is, though.

no, im pretty sure they are done with the 4th stage anime-wise. i know exactly what you mean though how only a few episodes every few months but my friends stationed over there tell me the manga(written comic, for all who dont know) is almost done with the 5th stage and i might be wrong about starting the 6th but from what i know, and seen, they are definately past the 4th and ready to get done with the 5th stage in japan show-wise. if you want, i can tell you what happens...lol.

02-14-2006, 06:07 PM

6th stage? wtf...

no, im pretty sure they are done with the 4th stage anime-wise. i know exactly what you mean though how only a few episodes every few months but my friends stationed over there tell me the manga(written comic, for all who dont know) is almost done with the 5th stage and i might be wrong about starting the 6th but from what i know, and seen, they are definately past the 4th and ready to get done with the 5th stage in japan show-wise. if you want, i can tell you what happens...lol.

No offense to you or your friends, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on the existence of a 5th/6th stage anime (cartoon.. not comics). Find me a link to a Japanese site for a 5th/6th stage and then I'll believe you.

Anybody with internet can download the episodes that come out in Japan as soon as they air, so the rest of the world never gets left behind.

02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
I just reread your post. I guess you meant the manga for fourth stage is done. Then yeah.. I agree with you there. Anime is always based on its respective manga.

mynameizstitch
02-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Damn I haven't played Initial D in awhile How is the 3rd stage arcade game? Is it any different?

silvery_eagle
02-14-2006, 09:07 PM
3rd stage is ok... added a few guys to beat... few stages... snow akina... and evo 4 is quite strong

chuckdashi
02-16-2006, 02:41 AM
so is the rest of the fourthstage out or what and if it is where can i dload it

verano
02-17-2006, 02:04 PM
^^ 4th Stage Ep. 23& 24 is out in Japan 2/18/06....just wait for the raws ......

damn i'm just starting ID special stage on PS2.......

silvery_eagle
02-17-2006, 06:09 PM
lol
i can't wait for the new PSP initial D street stage to come out... it's sceduled this month!

ebevo
02-18-2006, 12:04 PM
@ verano be warned you will be hooked on this game...sound track is awesome on this game

@ silvery_eagle on snap...think i busted a nut when i read your post ^^^...can't believe i didn't know about this game...me thinks i may have to pluck down $$$ to get a psp just for this game :crazy2:

if it's just like ver3 of the the arcade with some extras...i'm sold already arghhh...didn't need to read your post :twisted:

silvery_eagle
02-20-2006, 02:06 PM
not sure when will it come to USA though...
here's the official site for PSP

http://sega.jp/psp/initiald/

release date 2-23-06
i might buy one and try it out :)

ebevo
02-21-2006, 10:06 AM
arghhh your right about the release date is for JP

i couldn't find a US release date...it better come out here just plucked $$$ down for a psp...baff :crazy2:

let me know if your serious about buying it and if you like it

i read a comment on another forum about this game and said psp doesn't have regional codes for the games so dude is going to import it and play in on his psp...is this true?

silvery_eagle
02-21-2006, 10:28 AM
yea... for games there's no region.. so you can basically buy any games anywhere in the world... :)
i will buy it... coz i heard somewhere from initial-d forum that there wont be a USA version anytime soon (they could be wrong)
will give it a week or 2 first O0
i'll let you know :p

silvery_eagle
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
god... i watched episode 23rd yesterday night... when he overtake the old jisan... the music and the way they present it.... got my adrenaline pumped!!!

Dmoney
02-21-2006, 12:24 PM
god... i watched episode 23rd yesterday night... when he overtake the old jisan... the music and the way they present it.... got my adrenaline !!!

Episode 21 when the FD and GTR twin drift around the halfway entry cone...that was awesome

verano
02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
god... i watched episode 23rd yesterday night... when he overtake the old jisan... the music and the way they present it.... got my adrenaline pumped!!!

now only if they have the subs to match the actions.....even ep. 24 is nice......fifth stage?

silvery_eagle
02-28-2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/?v=DQyP9-zT_jM
foudn this from initial d forum... PSP video..

ebevo
03-01-2006, 09:30 AM
hey which ID forum you visit?

that video is crazy can't believe driver took those 5 hairpins while staying in 4th gear for the trueno :-o

is it me or does it seem like the driver was bumping into the guard rails without losing speed?

he blew by 15 star bunta so early in the race was tits...yet again the trueno didn't lose any speed while bumping bunta from behind

wonder if the game physics from special stage(ps2) and street stage(psp) are different?

video seems like its from the acrade machine rather than a psp screen :?

awesome link :bow:

ultraflip
03-01-2006, 09:54 AM
wtf... took a hairpin @ 150kmph...

how the heck do you take a hairpin @ 90mph... o.O...

then again.. he was in the gutters for most of the turns... guess that's the way to do it in takumiland... lolz

DTunedEvoX
03-01-2006, 10:40 AM
I ordered it =X Saw episode 23 & 24 last night .. very awesome .. Can only hope they get to stage 5 - SOONER LOL

GokuSSJ4
03-01-2006, 11:14 AM
waiting to get Episodes 20-24 from stage 4... addicting series LOL//
My favorite episode would be ( i believe 16 ) when Takumi gets beat by the impreza...* i wonder how well he would do against other drivers with a different car..
I haven't had the chance to play the video game, but* i might look into it; just not enough leisure time* :tickedoff:

silvery_eagle
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
waiting to get Episodes 20-24 from stage 4... addicting series LOL//

i have them.. with chinese subtitle though.. let me know if you want it.

kEvo VIII
03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
My FC will burn anyone in this game......

verano
03-04-2006, 09:49 AM
i got all the 4th stage episode with eng subs :)

03-06-2006, 01:25 AM
It just kinda sucks that Evo drivers are the bad guys in Initial D :D

mangoes
03-06-2006, 01:33 AM
do u guys know if theres multiplayer for street stage??

silvery_eagle
03-11-2006, 03:38 AM
just got the street stage :)
there is multiplayer...

ebevo
03-11-2006, 01:02 PM
wahoo you got the game too :coolsmiley:

mine came last thrusday...just had the chance to play it for the 1st time finally :twisted:

don't really like the intro movie song...special stage was alot better

so is street stage graphics suppose to be better than the special stage?

to me special stage > street stage...also i notice the voices have been taken out during the cut scenes before the races :-o

i picked the evo III as my start car...think i'm liking it better than the trueno...much more forgiving when taking wall bumps

silvery_eagle
03-11-2006, 05:21 PM
aww...
the intro movie song is one of the 4th stage song anime i think...
so you get it through play-asia?

verano
03-31-2006, 11:44 AM
damn i'm stuck at PS2 special stage story mode stage 30...i cant beat that professional racer in the yellow civic...any advice

DTunedEvoX
03-31-2006, 12:34 PM
I got my copy of street stage too .. havent had time to play much though ... just happy I got copies of the english manual on jpegs LOL

silvery_eagle
03-31-2006, 01:15 PM
there's difference btw street stage and special stage :P
i'm weak at akina :(

verano
03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I got my copy of street stage too .. havent had time to play much though ... just happy I got copies of the english manual on jpegs LOL

i was wondering if you could send me a copy of those :).....i could not even understand the mission....lol

chuckdashi
03-31-2006, 02:32 PM
how do you make it work for ps2?... do you need to get the ps2 modded?...

verano
03-31-2006, 10:35 PM
how do you make it work for ps2?... do you need to get the ps2 modded?...

you will need a swap disc (mine is magic 3 plus) to be able to play imports ang backup games, if you have the slim ps2 you will need the fliptop cover (easier)

chuckdashi
03-31-2006, 10:43 PM
where could i get that?... and where could i get the game?....

verano
03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
^^ pare yung game pwede kitang i-burn sa dvd at pero bibili ka ng swap disc mo....

for slim ps2
http://www.modchip.com/ps2/v12fliptop.php

for original ps2
http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.php

chuckdashi
03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
ok wala bang nabibilhan niyan na local?... or di ba kayang i burn yon?...

verano
03-31-2006, 10:55 PM
^ di ko pa try eh...teka nga at masubukan....

...just tried it....may dvd drive can't even read it man....so you will have to look for a shop local then

chuckdashi
03-31-2006, 11:02 PM
^di ok lang ill just ordered it... kelangan ko nalang nung game... hehehehe... i have a blank dvd dude if you need it...

verano
03-31-2006, 11:06 PM
^di ok lang ill just ordered it... kelangan ko nalang nung game... hehehehe... i have a blank dvd dude if you need it...

dont worry about it pare....i have some dvd+r here.....btw it reads faster on dvd+r rather than dvd-r.....thats on my ps2, i dont know about the others

chuckdashi
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
ok salamas

silvery_eagle
04-02-2006, 12:28 AM
hey hey.... we want to know too... whats those language?

Macky
04-02-2006, 10:38 AM
japanese.

silvery_eagle
04-02-2006, 04:39 PM
^ di ko pa try eh...teka nga at masubukan....

...just tried it....may dvd drive can't even read it man....so you will have to look for a shop local then

liar! these are filipino language

ebevo
04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
there's difference btw street stage and special stage :P
i'm weak at akina :(

what part are you referring to?

akina is killing my evo III right now

*chris*
04-04-2006, 09:30 AM
well ive finally seen some of the episodes. pretty cool ...havent been to an arcade lately, but ive still got my card.

Evolution.VIII
09-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this since I skipped to page 5 after reading page 1.

The game has a boost feature to let the player behind catch up. Its totally annoying! Each player has to hold the brake and this mode will be disabled. Race the same person with that turned off and how well you drive will really pay off.

Man, don't be hitting the Initial D machines, they're a dying breed :knuppel2:

On a side note, Disneyland has 2 machines in great condition. Anyone have an Annual Passport?

unit_121
09-05-2006, 01:02 PM
that game kicks ass, I have a GTR Skyline and a EVO

Evolution.VIII
09-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I've got a couple different cars. My favorite currently is my Blue Evo VII. Castle Park used to have decent machines, anyone in the IE want to go sometime?

*chris*
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
did not know about the 'boost feature' ...interesting

mangoes
09-05-2006, 06:12 PM
mmm.. theres not that many great places to play in the IE.. the castle park machines were sort of messed up last time i went. tyler mall machines are in great condition but it just costs too much. $1 per play. brunswick bowling alley in moreno valley has 4 machines but i think two of them are broken now and the remaining two have something wrong with the shifters. brunswick is also a lot cheaper than other places because its .50 cents per play =D.

i drive a GDB and FC in the game

Granny Shifter
09-06-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't like the fact that the card system is in street stage. It kinda kills the purpose of some cars. You have to get lucky to get the engine swap for the ae86. Out of the evos, the evo 4 is considered the best because you have to be lucky to get the anti-lag system for the evo 3.

*chris*
09-07-2006, 06:50 AM
i rock the evo7...

ebevo
09-07-2006, 03:44 PM
i have street stage as well...the card system is utter crap...it's has always been about the pts

i have/currently drive the evo3...all you need to do is pick the right tune path...believe it was tune A...then acquire 5 upgrade cards

getting the right upgrade cards that is difficult...it's random...complete a race win or lose doesn't matter....you get 3 cards to pick...you pick one and hope it's the upgrade card :idiot2:

tip is to lose on purpose to the stage leader like takumi on akina...but you must finish the race...then the upgrade card becomes more likely to appear

Granny Shifter
09-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh! No wonder. I played like a thousand battles with an ae86 with only a cf hood.

*chris*
09-11-2006, 06:53 AM
lol i just spent 3hours last night with a friend at the nearest stage3 arcade. there was a kid there that was just fkn incredible. he goes there multiple days of every week. said hed been doing it for over a year.

my evo7 is at racer level 1 now! second time ive played it... but watching that kid made me want to make a new card as it seems the manual is the only way to go...

ebevo
09-11-2006, 01:39 PM
^^^where was this at?

if you want to get good times...manual is the way to go

we need a ID meet either arcade, psp, ps2 ver. it don't matter

i have psp and ps2 vers. O0

*chris*
09-11-2006, 02:39 PM
nowhere near you ...im back in iowa right now

TrickedOutEVOVIII
09-11-2006, 02:40 PM
hey guys...where do i download initial d from the beginning?? i looked on limewire, not too much there

T

j_nizzle
09-11-2006, 09:50 PM
hey guys...where do i download initial d from the beginning?? i looked on limewire, not too much there

T

there are people who upload most of the episodes on to youtube. i think the latest i've seen on there is stage 4 episode 28.

silvery_eagle
09-11-2006, 09:53 PM

T

there are people who upload most of the episodes on to youtube. i think the latest i've seen on there is stage 4 episode 28.

that would be the last episode

j_nizzle
09-11-2006, 09:58 PM

T

that would be the last episode

there you go then.

silvery_eagle
09-13-2006, 12:15 AM
just finished reading the latest initial-d manga... evo 8 is going to be in there! muaahahhaha

ebevo
09-13-2006, 09:19 AM
evo 8 FTW!!!

is the driver a douche bag like the other evo drivers in ID? :D

silvery_eagle
09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
:D
the story kinda says that it's the last challange / final destination/ hardest challange etc.... so it's coming to an end.
4 drivers there, evo is the first one vs takahasi on uphill battle... not a douche bag lolz

*chris*
09-13-2006, 11:47 AM
what the hell does it say on the side of taks car? ive only seen a few episodes from 3... and ive always kinda wondered. lol

silvery_eagle
09-13-2006, 11:56 AM
fujiwara tofu shop

*chris*
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
ahhhhh

Granny Shifter
09-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Dude, can you post a link to the manga? Is it translated?

silvery_eagle
09-15-2006, 01:18 AM
sry its in chinese :(

Granny Shifter
09-15-2006, 12:10 PM
awww, maybe they have an english translation online somewhere...

*chris*
09-18-2006, 07:33 AM
wanted to punch some guy last night. laughing at my driving while he was waiting to play his friend. i ended up concentrating more on him than my driving. lol

ebevo
09-18-2006, 08:59 AM
LOL damn...the smack talk got to you...just wait for him to play

annoy his ass

pick your nose and smear it across the wheel before you exit

if you want to go for the knock out...before you exit let out a "silent killer" fart & for good measure while his playing stand next to him & do it again :twisted:

silvery_eagle
09-18-2006, 10:03 AM

annoy his ass

if you want to go for the knock out...before you exit let out a "silent killer" fart & for good measure while his playing stand next to him & do it again :twisted:

man you're evil...

j_nizzle
09-18-2006, 10:04 AM

lol...hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R3dline
09-18-2006, 10:09 AM
I've been a fan of this game for years, well finally got a diecast 1/18 scale model of the Trueno to add to my collection
http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/b3/0b/4a_1_sbl.JPG

*chris*
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM

annoy his ass

well the thing is, he was black. and he prolly wouldve called the naacp and reported my ass for hate crimes. lol what made me laugh was that he, like EVERYONE else ive seen play this game, had the trueno. not saying theres anything wrong with that car ...it just seems like the 'way to go' if you want to be hardcore.

j_nizzle
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM

annoy his ass

well the thing is, he was black. and i prolly wouldve called the naacp and reported my ass for hate crimes. lol what made me laugh was that he, like EVERYONE else ive seen play this game, had the trueno. not saying theres anything wrong with that car ...it just seems like the 'way to go' if you want to be hardcore.

jdm fan boys...they'll grow up.

*chris*
09-18-2006, 03:37 PM
yah i couldnt believe how many people used the trueno. ive seen prolly 10different people and everyone uses it. one guy was using a sc00by ...so that i certainly appreciated.

lol and my friend has gone through so many damn different cars. hes had an evo6 tme, evo7, rx8, and i think another one ...but i honestly cant remember.

ebevo
09-20-2006, 09:50 AM
isn't the trueno the top end king in the game...read this in a game guide someone put together

if you can manage to not hit rails/walls then the trueno is a beast...catch is you ding something good luck on picking up speed

the scooby driver probably thought he was bunta himself LOL

mangoes
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
mm im not that knowledgeable about the trueno, but in version 3, many people are saying the rx-8 is the all around best car

*chris*
09-20-2006, 08:47 PM
ive been having good luck with the evo7 ...what can i say, im a loyalist. haha

05EvoLan8
09-25-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah, i also feel the Evo was a pretty good all around car in the game. Then again i just played it for the first time last week :grin:

*chris*
09-26-2006, 07:36 AM
ive been kicking ass with it. i love the 4g63.

*chris*
10-17-2006, 09:52 AM
this weeks trip to the arcade was kinda shtty. we played house of the dead 4 and just owned at it. we play both HoD and initial d...

well anyways, we start playing initial d and next thing you know ...like 6guys come up and start crowding the game. we've had 1 race. so we race again and i ask how many they wanna race, cuz we were gonna be there for at least 5more races. they say maybe 3, no more. little did we know, they meant 3 races per person. WTF. so we ended up leaving with a shtload of tokens still. effin teenagers. lol

*chris*
11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
whats everyone's suggestion for a car? ive been running the evo7 since the beginning and the last 2 times i havent had good luck. my friend with a skyline thats only have as upgraded as my evo can kick my ass. so we're thinking of starting new cars....

j_nizzle
11-05-2006, 09:37 PM
ek9!!!

Granny Shifter
11-05-2006, 09:44 PM
If you want an evo... go with the III or IV. The IIItends to drift and has one of the fastest take offs in the game. The IV is the most balanced evo. It can grip and drift. I went with the IV. If you wanna be good, ditch the evo VII. It is considered the worst of the evos. The RX-8 is known to have the fastest acceleration, but the handling is very awkward. Not to mention it has very quick recovery. Don't aim for the R34. It goes fast, but understeers like crazy. If you want a jack-of-all trades car, choose the bunta mobile. You have to use a cheat to get this car. Here is the cheat.
Unlock The GC8V(Bunta's Car) in Ver 3.
Cheat Effect
At the car selection screen press shift up 6X, shift down 2X, brake, view change The GC8V(Bunta's Car) in Ver 3

Also, if you want an analysis of all the rankings of cars, go here:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/initial_d_arcade_stage_rankings.txt

*chris*
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
i wasnt planning on going skyline ...i hate skylines. i was kinda thinking of trying an evo3 or maybe a silvia.

Granny Shifter
11-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I love the evo III. If you go with it, choose upgrade path A (Kyochi). It has the anti-lag system!

*chris*
11-05-2006, 10:17 PM
does path A make it look all crazy ...or is it very stock looking?

mangoes
11-05-2006, 10:33 PM
its pretty stock looking: http://initiald.sega.jp/ac_ver3/english/ac_ver03/car_variation/mitsubishi_01.html

oh ya, initial d arcade version 4 is out in japan =D, i wonder how long until we get it =(

Granny Shifter
11-05-2006, 10:35 PM
its pretty stock looking: http://initiald.sega.jp/ac_ver3/english/ac_ver03/car_variation/mitsubishi_01.html

oh ya, initial d arcade version 4 is out in japan =D, i wonder how long until we get it =(

Really? I heard they were testing at Universal Studios also to see how it would go.

*chris*
11-06-2006, 06:43 AM
fk, bunta gets a 22b ...im rockin that! LOL

silvery_eagle
11-06-2006, 11:23 AM
oh damn.... i so want to play the 4th ones now

Granny Shifter
11-06-2006, 05:22 PM
fk, bunta gets a 22b ...im rockin that! LOL

Actually, Bunta only has a 22b front bumper.

*chris*
11-06-2006, 06:31 PM
oh well ...ill still rock it. i saw the rankings. you were right about 'jack of trades'.

Granny Shifter
11-06-2006, 06:41 PM
yup, it's a good car to go with!

roy.jovero
11-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I started using Bunta's GC8 recently and noticed there aren't any upgrade paths. So does that mean the car stays the same all the time?

Granny Shifter
11-11-2006, 11:38 AM
It has upgrades, but not visual ones.

*chris*
11-12-2006, 09:07 PM
the game wouldnt take that cheat code for some reason ...so im rockin the evo3, ALS equipped. its pretty nice. O0

Granny Shifter
11-12-2006, 10:17 PM
the game wouldnt take that cheat code for some reason ...so im rockin the evo3, ALS equipped. its pretty nice. O0

Good choice! Have fun with it. That's weird the cheat didn't work. Anyways, since the bunta mobile is the jack-of-all-trades, it is only average at everything at best.

*chris*
11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
yah my only guess is that 'maybe' i input it too fast or something.... oh well, ive been really pleased with the 3. much better than the 7. though the whores on usui were giving me a hella hard time until i had stage3 upgrade. i just blazed through akina, and irohozaka.

Granny Shifter
11-13-2006, 11:16 AM
yup, evo 3's are the fastest on irohazaka. Akina is actually considered the hardest course for that car.

*chris*
11-13-2006, 11:20 AM
really?! when i say i blazed through i mean blazed ...everyone took 1 try and then i was off to iro. 1 try on all those as well.

Granny Shifter
11-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Oh, i mean when you go against other people. If someone sees you have an evo 3 and chooses akina, they are trying to cheat you.

silvery_eagle
11-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Oh, i mean when you go against other people. If someone sees you have an evo 3 and chooses akina, they are trying to cheat you.

haha.. if they do that.. boost on!

Granny Shifter
11-13-2006, 11:34 AM
lol, good point.

*chris*
11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
whats the boost off/on thing? why would you want to turn the boost off?

Granny Shifter
11-13-2006, 11:49 AM
When you go against people, you usually turn boost off. Boost is an advantage given to the car behind. It moves faster to catch up to the leader. To turn off boost, both people have to press the brake and hold it while the map is loading.

*chris*
11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
ohhhhh i thought it was like turning off the turbo. so its like 'catch up' in the NFS games?

anyone have the soundtrack?

*chris*
11-19-2006, 08:15 PM
i cant beat aki on shomaru. and then the last mtn ...tsuchiya or whatever the hell it is. those rx7s are just fast as fk. i did however manage to beat bunta on irohazaka. lol amazingly enough....

Granny Shifter
11-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Shomaru requires no braking on most of the corners. I hate that sharp one though. You just have to practice it. Tsuchisaka is very difficult with the evo 3. The rx-7's have quick recovery times from mistakes. The rx-8 clocked the fastest downhill for it. Keep on practicing :).

*chris*
11-20-2006, 07:26 AM
yah i dont usually brake on shomaru ...its just fkn rediculous cuz theres almost no room to pass and if he gets in front, its basically game over.

yah i beat the first chick, then took on ry ...and just got smoked the first half of the race and then finally starting catching up to him. but too little too late. :P

Granny Shifter
11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, you have to be in front the whole race. I think it is rediculously hard.

mangoes
11-20-2006, 11:57 AM
try to block ryosuke in the very beginning. like hold the wheel to the left at the start and block him. but remember to counter-steer back to center =D

Granny Shifter
11-20-2006, 12:15 PM
try to block ryosuke in the very beginning. like hold the wheel to the left at the start and block him. but remember to counter-steer back to center =D

Oh yeah, good point! Alot of people do that. Even in cheap battles against people.

*chris*
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM
lol i actually try not to cheat that bad ...like if i wouldnt intentially do that with my own car, i dont really wanna do it with an ingame car either. not that it really matters ingame though...

Granny Shifter
11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
just do it. that's what i did from time to time, lol.

*chris*
11-20-2006, 02:48 PM
lol alright well maybe ill give it a try next time

*chris*
12-03-2006, 01:27 PM
oh man i got so pissed yesterday. we played the game and i had started a new rx7. i had my evo3 and rx7 in my pocket and somewhere along the line after we left the arcade. they fell out. so we ended up going back ...we were just in a initial d mood i guess.

anyways, started the rx7 again and just frickin blew through most of the 'legends' mode. i was just in a zone. lol meanwhile my friend spent the whole time trying to beat the last few guys on tsuchisaka with his skyline. he finally did but then just go fkn annhilated when he took on bunta's subie. LOL like 600m behind bunta!

Granny Shifter
12-04-2006, 11:03 PM
That crazy bunta, lol. So hard...

*chris*
12-05-2006, 11:15 AM
oh it was hilarious, he kept up with him for the first section of the race. and then it was over after that. by checkpoint2, he was down 200m and i kept pointing at the screen going, 'whats happening?!' then by checkpoint3, 600m. LOL

Granny Shifter
12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Where are you located? We have to play sometime. It's been a while and I wanna get back into it. My first time, I got up to 1000m away from Bunta. Funny thing is everyone was watching me get pissed over the machine.

*chris*
12-05-2006, 12:16 PM
nowhere near you currently ...hopefully ill be back in cali soon though. i hate this cold weather!

first time i played bunta, i think was akagi and i got handed by 250m. lol then i played him at irohazaka and beat him. not by much though, i think 50m.

silvery_eagle
01-03-2007, 02:40 PM
fk ver. 3... i want the new version that's coming out
http://initiald.sega.jp/

Granny Shifter
01-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Yup, I've been waiting. There are clips on youtube.

ebevo
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
twin drift

wouldn't mind playing this game on console system rather than the arcade at $1 per pop

the actually game play graphics look the same LOL

sarang01
03-28-2007, 03:09 AM
anyone know where i can find the arcade version 3 around the irvine area? oh and u can watch all 4 seasons of it at http://www.crunchyroll.com

*chris*
03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
awesome find!