PDA

View Full Version : CANCELLED: Willow Springs Big Track -- Feb. 22

Richard EVO
02-04-2006, 07:36 PM
EVENT CANCELLED. More about that on my last post on this thread. :buck2:

Another great Wednesday event on "fastest road in the West," the big track at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway.* This time the sponsor is ACRA.* It's $145 or $150 if you pay by PayPal, which is a great deal.* Only 3 run groups, and maybe an open session in the afternoon.* All-you-can-eat lunch and event t-shirt are included.* It's the biggest no-brainer in the history of mankind!

Go to http://www.americancarracing.com/events.html to sign up.* :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/BigWillowMapwebsize.gif

BlueBooster
02-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Why oh why? Why god? Why does this have to be in the middle of the week? :'(

I'm sooooo addicted to track now.

Evo8supercar
02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi Richard,

Are you going?

I am going if my car is ready.

1of1000MR
02-07-2006, 12:43 AM
This weekday stuff is pissin me off. I have class all day on Wednesday. :tickedoff:

Richard EVO
02-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi Richard,

Are you going?

I am going if my car is ready.

Jake -

+1* I'm going if my car is ready too.

Evo8supercar
02-08-2006, 01:06 AM
I will go any way got an CIVIC SI 2006 and I want miss any more track days.

Richard EVO
02-13-2006, 05:14 PM
So you got an RSX type R and a Civic SI -- you are a Honda guy now. :-o

Richard EVO
02-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately, this event is in serious danger of being cancelled. If you want to go, sign up and pay today -- Feb. 14. I got this e-mail from Johnny of ACRA --

"We have 8 driver who have registered and paid for the February 22nd event. 10 others have sent emails in letting us know they are a strong maybes. We have to let the track know tomorrow if the event is on or off. This is the last chance to keep this event from being canceled. There is ZERO chance of rain, the forecast indicates 63 and sunny! This will be a great day at the track. We can usually count on a few drivers showing up unannounced to the track and as usual, Kailo will pickup some of the costs if we are a little short. So we need at least 15 people to register tomorrow before 3:00 pm or we will have to cancel the event.

We always appreciate a response if you can or cannot attend. Thank You"

Richard EVO
02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
The event was cancelled. I just got this e-mail from Johnny at ACRA:

"There are not enough drivers to hold the track day next Wednesday. If you have already sent in a registration and payment we will send it back to you or you can be placed in the April 12th event."

>:( I'm kinda ticked-off because this is the second time he has cancelled a Big Willow Wednesday in the past few months. The alter ego organization www.opentrackracing.com does identical Big Willow Wednesdays, but never cancels them, they just take the risk, or at least that's what owner Kailo tells me.

Open Track Racing has a Big Willow event on March 8. Hope to see you there.

rino
02-21-2006, 12:21 AM
The one on the 23rd was cancelled as well..

WavMixer
02-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Too bad, I like big Willow. It makes Streets seem like a gocart track.