PDA

View Full Version : anyone plays guitar?

silvery_eagle
02-06-2006, 02:11 PM
anyone plays guitar?
is it easy to learn with just reading books?

DTunedEvoX
02-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I've always wanted to learn ... just got lazy ...

Alpha4LFE
02-06-2006, 03:32 PM
if you have played any instruments before, especially the piano, the guitar is not hard to learn at all. you just need to learn a few chords and some chord progression and all is well. pick up an el cheapo guitar at your local guitar center or a used one on craigslist. buy a book, and start playing. the hardest part is developing the calluses, you basically gotta play until your fingers turn purple everyday.

Urban Assault Vehicle
02-06-2006, 03:51 PM
i've been playing for 10 yrs and i started with a book and didn't quite understand most of it, the best thing is to take lessons at OCC. it's cheap and after the semester you should be able to teach yourself. goodluck

The Emperor
02-07-2006, 10:23 AM
ive been playing for 8 years now..i started out with tabs on the internet.

the guitar is really easy to play. the chords are simple. a good place to learn songs and chords are in www.ultimate-guitar.com

just get ready for you fingers man. My 3 fingers on my left hand are peeling like crazy! GOODLUCK AND HAVE FUN!

silvery_eagle
02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
does anyone knows where can i get professionals to fine tune / adjust an electric guitar?

how much do they charge?

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Try guitar center?

toku-one
02-16-2006, 04:02 PM
i was thinking about the same thing myself the other day cause i wanted to play bass... figure it would be easier to pick up a guitar first

silvery_eagle
02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
i was thinking about the same thing myself the other day cause i wanted to play bass... figure it would be easier to pick up a guitar first

if you need an electric guitar and doesn't care of it's looks i can get you something like this for $60

http://www.xmusicpro.com/product_images/67.jpg

Urban Assault Vehicle
02-17-2006, 03:17 AM
does anyone knows where can i get professionals to fine tune / adjust an electric guitar?

how much do they charge?

guitar doctor in fountain valley does a really good job and also sound matrix does a good job to and their a little bit cheaper.

i think just your basic tuning will cost some were between $50-$100, it all depends how bad your frets are, if your neck needs adjusting and other stuff.

chuckdashi
02-17-2006, 08:51 AM
it would be easier if you played the piano... ive been playing since i was in fourth grade... never played piano thou... also its actually easier if you watch someone do it and try to immitate it coz tabliture are read backwards... like the top is the bottom and the botom is the top...