PDA

View Full Version : How can u tell if i got taken ?

thaigurlygirl
02-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I just bought bbs mr wheels from a guy in san fernando valley , they are brand spankin new for 1,000 bucks and they had brand new advans . these things must have been on the car for like 5 min lol... anyway since i paid so cheap leaves me wondering if they are stolen. I would never buy anything stolen and im worried about this . Anyway to find out if they are stolen ? Any vin#S ETC... :oops:

kimletrim
02-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Buy first ask questions later? And if they were hot, what would you do?

dlieu959
02-07-2006, 01:52 PM
For your peace of mind, I'll take them off your hands for what you paid and then you don't have to worry about if they're stolen. :-P

J/k

silvery_eagle
02-07-2006, 01:53 PM
that's damn nice price...
see you in the for sale section if you're selling it

thaigurlygirl
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
[/quote

i hope they are not hot. seemed like a very great deal .

One Evo Pinay
02-07-2006, 01:56 PM

exactly...its a good price but maybe he just wanted to get rid of them and felt that was a fair price...

WavMixer
02-07-2006, 02:04 PM
YES!!! My MR rims w/tires were stolen from me!!! Please return them ASAP, no questions asked.

thaigurlygirl
02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
:idiot2: and i lost my trash bag filled with $100 bills please if anyone finds contact me :grin:

Blaze
02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm not certain if Mitsu puts vin numbers on teh rims.
I kind of doubt it. It's not like glass or a major body component.
These get stolen from dealership every day...well frequently.

The guy you bought them from...

Did he meet you at his house or a neutral point?
Did he drive up in an MR with new rims or a pick up truck w/lug wrench in the back?

Blaze

rubelcon
02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I sold mine for $400.

Blaze
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I sold mine for $400.

Yeah...wth??
I want my rims back!!!!!

thaigurlygirl
02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
He did meet me in a evo but was not a MR. We met at a shopping mall parking lot *:?

kimletrim
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I bought them from rublicon

Blaze
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
He did meet me in a evo but was not a MR. We met at a shopping mall parking lot :?

Were there any MRs @ the mall on concrete blocks??
:lol:

kimletrim
02-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Did you happen to buy evo 9 seats and a steering from the guy too?

R3dline
02-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Man thats crazy! :crazy2: good deal you got there!

GOOSE_Ej
02-07-2006, 02:22 PM
if they r stollen so wat no one will ever know ... and keep it on the DL :)

DTunedEvoX
02-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I would say good sale if you got a good deal on it ... I dont believe they have ID #'s on them plus what is someone going to do? Go to your car, try to get behind the rim and see if its there vin number? Assuming they wrote it down or something =T ..

leaveit2bevo
02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
ya so they fell of the truck who cares you didnt know

gtkiller
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm sure if they were stolen someone on this forum or another would post that their rims were sloten off there car. I would'nt worry too much about it. If you feel weird about it just sell them.

rubelcon
02-07-2006, 02:48 PM
I sold mine for $400.

Yeah...wth??
I want my rims back!!!!!

Those are from my new MR ;)

05-EVO-GSR
02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
OK, so you buy a set of MR BBS wheels and tires for $1000.00 then post about the experience here thinking they were stolen. *

Then you buy a set of MR EVO 9 Headlights and Tail Lights for $600.00 and post about it on EVOM thinking they were stolen.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=183163

Then you post again on EVOM asking what a fair price is for your OEM interior because you now have a complete EVO 9 interior.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=183155

You then post about how you will be in the San Fernando Valley area doing an exchange with deck lids
Ok i am gonna trade the wing for 50.00 and a rs ww trunk lid. Anyone thats is interested i will be in so cal 11-15-05 san fernando valley area, trunk must be in excellent condition like mine call mike or krissanne at 702 413 5579 cell

You post about how insurance companies are rich and they can afford to take the hit
i agree, but please those insurance companies are billionaires

This "shady" seller must have had a special on EVO parts
Kinda off topic but how much you think one drivers side headlight complete with balast and off a 05 with ssl package would sell for ?

Then you post that your hubby got a EVO 9 and he is gutting it so you got some more parts
My hubby bought a evo 9 and is gutted out with one sparco racing seat . So i got all new MR interior . I even got brand new BBS Wheels yo

Since you work for a Mitsubishi Dealership the parts are not that hard to find huh?
Having been a sales consultant for coutesy mitsubishi for the past 2 years i know your pain. Me and my hubby each own a evo the first time i had it in for service cause i had a bad BOV. Get this the tech installs my bov backwards , and my car has a flutter sound when shifting, and poor idle. So after a month of not realizing what was causing the problem , my hubby saw that the idiot left vacum hoses off, and bov was backwards. This whole time causing damage to my turbo forcing air back into it, and ****ing up my clutch . I tried talking to my general store manager (gsm) but he just acted like he cared . what a prick. I tried calling corporate and telling them my situation , of how my cars clutch feels ****ty now and that i feel my turbo was damaged . So they tell me " ok your tellings us this because ??? what do you want us to do??

F U >>>>> MITSUBISHI SERVICE

Either you are stealing the parts off the dealership, buying them stolen, or stealing them yourself. *This appers to be an attempt to clear your guilty conscience.

Blaze
02-07-2006, 03:12 PM
That's some mighty find detective work.
http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/childrenstv/Secret_Squirrel/Secret_Squirrel9.jpg
Good catch.

Locked.