PDA

View Full Version : Burglary Problems

One Evo Pinay
02-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Well few of you guys know that I own a laundromat in city of Cypress and well starting last Nov.05 I have had a particular guy come in and break my machines and steal the money out of them. At first we thought it was just a petty crime and he wouldn't come back etc, but apparently not...I am on my 4th police report now since Nov. and now the guy is getting reallyyyyy greedy, coming in few times a week now very randomly anywhere from 6am-4pm. I have survaillence of him over 10+ times, even got a few car shots but cant see the license plates and now Cypress PD is in undercover car steaking out for this guy. Apparently that still isn't enough, yesterday they supposedly posted out all day in front at the pizza hut but the guy STILL broke in right in front of them so now I am trying to put matters into my own hands as much as I can, the guy who installs my cameras can't come till next week to add an additional one outside was wondering if anyone here works in that field of security systems, and/or knows someone who doesn't have a job right now that won't mind sitting in front of my place of business for few days straight just watching over for me...I will pay of course, I just dont want to hire a sec. guard bc they are wayyyyyy to pricey starting at about $30 an hr

One Evo Pinay
02-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah I believe he drives either a Civic Si Hatch (newer ones) but I've had report that it is a scion tc, i know 2 totally looking cars but I am gonna print pics out tonight and post him over the net, maybe someone on civic/scion forums will recognize this fool and lead me straight to him...

Thero
02-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I would love to help if you were closer because I am jobless at the moment. Hope you catch the guy. One thing I cant stand is Theives.

One Evo Pinay
02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
I would love to help if you were closer because I am jobless at the moment. Hope you catch the guy. One thing I cant stand is Theives.

hey thanks, yeah like i said at first it was whatever we figured someone would eventually tamper with stuff but it turned into burglary and cops arent to happy about that bc he has damaged/stolen over 2K at a minimum

the sad thing is we have him on camera but havent caught him yet, but he comes in face on with no hood/hat nothing. yesterday he even came in with his kid/gf and thought he was slick, bringing in few shirts to wash but while washing he was breaking into our machines....even more sad thing was there were customers who SAW HIM red handed and know he is not the owner, yet didnt say shit to him, didnt even think about calling me, cops or even getting down his car/licence plate. I asked my neighbor if they saw anything they said plenty of times but they dont want to get involved. I was thinking aiite I'll make sure to remember that if anything ever happens to your store.

nurb2
02-11-2006, 09:10 PM

hey thanks, yeah like i said at first it was whatever we figured someone would eventually tamper with stuff but it turned into burglary and cops arent to happy about that bc he has damaged/stolen over 2K at a minimum

the sad thing is we have him on camera but havent caught him yet, but he comes in face on with no hood/hat nothing. yesterday he even came in with his kid/gf and thought he was slick, bringing in few shirts to wash but while washing he was breaking into our machines....even more sad thing was there were customers who SAW HIM red handed and know he is not the owner, yet didnt say shit to him, didnt even think about calling me, cops or even getting down his car/licence plate. I asked my neighbor if they saw anything they said plenty of times but they dont want to get involved. I was thinking aiite I'll make sure to remember that if anything ever happens to your store.

Glock .45 and a stakeout.

-nurb2-

Thero
02-11-2006, 09:12 PM

Dude thats Some Bull Shit with you Neghboring Bussiness. How would they like it if the situation was turned around. Damn Man Yeah Glocks are your friend. :D

silvery_eagle
02-11-2006, 09:35 PM
if the neighbors really did say that... perhaps they know the burglar.... report them.

Hiro
02-11-2006, 10:18 PM
PD is in undercover car steaking out for this guy. Apparently that still isn't enough, yesterday they supposedly posted out all day in front at the pizza hut but the guy STILL broke in right in front of them

You let them stake out infront of a Pizza Hutt?
Why not put up curtains and feed them donuts?
And people wonder why I have a bad attitude toward cops.

If I were you, I'd just play the averages. Sit inside/outside wait for the car/person to show up, get a positive ID, the plate and let officers Anchovy and Extra Cheese take over from there.... No need to take matters into your own hands with Cypress's finest on duty.

-Hiro

909Evo
02-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I have to ask, is this guy carrying a weapon? If this guy is, don't attempt to take matters into your own hands, leave it to a proffesional. Do you have any kind of insurance to cover this? If so, look too your insurance, i'm willing to bet they would foot a bill for a security guard. If he carries, it is not worthy dying for. If you can miss work in your other job, why not sit there one day yourself? All you really need is some plate numbers or pics/video's. Might I recomend chilling there one day with a digi-cam and a laptop. Take a picture of every car that parks in the lot, if you get jacked, you have a pic of the car/plate, potential suspect.

If, and IF you decide to employ a security guard, I might be tempted. But only if this guy is not armed, and if he is, I would not confront him, I would simply take down his shit. So yea, IF you decide to employ a security guard, an unarmed one, I'll do it for cheaper!

And jason... shut up

Hiro
02-11-2006, 10:33 PM
And jason... shut up

http://www.controlledspin.com/forum/images/smiles/thefinger.gif

One Evo Pinay
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I have to ask, is this guy carrying a weapon? If this guy is, don't attempt to take matters into your own hands, leave it to a proffesional. Do you have any kind of insurance to cover this? If so, look too your insurance, i'm willing to bet they would foot a bill for a security guard. If he carries, it is not worthy dying for. If you can miss work in your other job, why not sit there one day yourself? All you really need is some plate numbers or pics/video's. Might I recomend chilling there one day with a digi-cam and a laptop. Take a picture of every car that parks in the lot, if you get jacked, you have a pic of the car/plate, potential suspect.

If, and IF you decide to employ a security guard, I might be tempted. But only if this guy is not armed, and if he is, I would not confront him, I would simply take down his shit. So yea, IF you decide to employ a security guard, an unarmed one, I'll do it for cheaper!

And jason... shut up

Well we don't believe he is carrying a weapon other than his tool to come in and break the machines...as far as having someone chill there and act as a regular customer we are going to do that and trust me this guy is ballsy. Like I said Thursday he came in with his girl and kid and did HIS laundry there, pretended to start cleaning the place and "fixing" the machines except he was really breaking into them. About 10 people saw him and didnt say shit, didnt get car/license plate etc...however I just watched video again and yes I have identified the car being a Scion XA either Navy blue color or black kinda hard to tell since its in sunlight.

as far as your offer to chill out front all day I'd take that offer and dont expect you to actually even sit inside place of business just sit few stores down bc I have already thought of people getting hurt and thats not my intentions. My intentions arent even to confront him, just bust him in the act and/or do as the cop would like....get his license plate # and if he leaves follow him while cops are being called and see if he goes to another laundromat to hit someone else bc the funny thing is we believe he does just that. Reason is cus he washes his clothes at my place, but never drys it, so cops assume he might be taking it to another place down the street to "dry" there but of course have a reason to break in as well...

One Evo Pinay
02-12-2006, 11:25 AM
oh btw our camera cant get front license plate bc he parks out front and the glare is bad, however I dont even think he has front plates. To me looks like he has covered it up with one of those dealership covers, was wondering if cops can pull a record of all the scion XA's in the cypress area. I am almost 100% sure he lives within a few blocks/area bc I highly doubt myself he is driving from a different city to do this hit every couple days, or do cops actually need a plate?

I was just thinkin this bc of Gone In 60 seconds how they went to DMV to buy addresses for cars they were plannin to steal but of course thats a movie, but how many Scion Xa's (navy blue/black) could there be in the small city of Cypress...they gotta be able to narrow it down fast

909Evo
02-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Depending on how much this guy is upsetting you, if you wanna get ballsy yourself...

I would go to wal-mart, and buy a tire stem valve remover for like 2 bucks. Chill outside your place, or inside, and watch people. When you see a scion roll up, watch the guy get out. If its the same guy, watch him. If he goes inside, and fucks with your machines, walk behind his car, take a pic of the plate, if there is no plate, take a pic of the vin #. Then take out your handy dandy tool, and remove 2 of his valve's, watch the tires deflate..... call the fuzz. If he has his kid and g/f, yea, he is probably not carrying. Go inside and identify yourself as the owner, ask him if there is something you can help him with? Be sure to tell the fuzz dispatcher it is a 211 in progress and if they ask later, just say you were in fear of injury. Stall him until the police get there, if it gets physical, you might wanna have some zip-ties on hand....

GOOSE_Ej
02-15-2006, 10:04 PM
man ill sit there taking pics of the place im down dude let me know hahahha

NRG
02-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Actually there is another way to handle this matter depending on if you want your losses back or do you want to forget about your losses and not have to deal with him anymore.

What you do is, post up notices all over the store stating "Neighborhood watch...etc...be on a look out for so and so, driving so and so allegedly doing so and so". Once the suspect sees that, he will most likely think twice about doing it again or even coming back. In this way you resolved it without contacting this guy or dealing with him.

Just an opinion...

One Evo Pinay
02-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Actually there is another way to handle this matter depending on if you want your losses back or do you want to forget about your losses and not have to deal with him anymore.

What you do is, post up notices all over the store stating "Neighborhood watch...etc...be on a look out for so and so, driving so and so allegedly doing so and so". Once the suspect sees that, he will most likely think twice about doing it again or even coming back. In this way you resolved it without contacting this guy or dealing with him.

Just an opinion...

you are right, but it's got to a point where he has already damaged my property and I cant replace it until he is caught because it'd be pointless. Also cops are really helping out now trying to catch him as they werent really worried before so I'd like him caught now, scaring him off will only do for a few weeks or so and he will come back (I say this because we've tried it to an extent). Few months ago we posted pics of him up in the area but I guess he/or someone he knows saw them and just tore them all down. We already know he's gone pass the greedy line since he test us by coming in during mid-day pretending to be the owner, breaking into machines right in front of customers and even talking to some of them...