PDA

View Full Version : Evo Fluids.....

Miss Evo8
02-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm sure this has been covered before....
What fluids would be good to help maintain my car for track use better? Currently I have 31K on my car it has ALWAYS had the oil changed at 3K or less with Mobile 1. I have also had all of the fluids in the transmission, transfer case etc.. changed twice since it was new. The 1st time was at HB Mitsu. and the 2nd time was at Tuning Technologies. TT used BG Synchro I think...can't remember :oops: Anyhow what brands are better...In your so Cal Evo expert opinions ;) Also should I switch to a different oil? I know things will eventually break at the track but I am trying to just do a little preventive maintainence! ;)

C-Spec
02-11-2006, 09:46 PM
i think Goku would be the guy to aks aobut this. anyway i drive my Evo pretty hard everyday. I used BG Synchroshift for the Tranny, and Diaquen LSD oil for fornt and rear diff. seem to work great for me

Miss Evo8
02-11-2006, 09:51 PM
i think Goku would be the guy to aks aobut this.* anyway i drive my Evo pretty hard everyday.* I used BG Synchroshift for the Tranny, and Diaquen LSD oil for fornt and rear diff. seem to work great for me

True I guess I should ask Goku...he will probably have some 4 chapter explanation into the details and microscopic differences of the molecular compound of each fluid.... :twisted:

C-Spec
02-11-2006, 10:44 PM
i think Goku would be the guy to aks aobut this.* anyway i drive my Evo pretty hard everyday.* I used BG Synchroshift for the Tranny, and Diaquen LSD oil for fornt and rear diff. seem to work great for me

True I guess I should ask Goku...he will probably have some 4 chapter explanation into the details and microscopic differences of the molecular compound of each fluid.... :twisted:

haha what she said. :2funny:

donatevo
02-11-2006, 10:54 PM
OEM Mitsu Fluids(tranny,tc,rear diff) is still the best way to go :mitsu:

C-Spec
02-11-2006, 11:10 PM

WRONG. just to let you know the dealers doesn't use the OEM stuff from mitsubishi.* They use whom ever they have a contract with for fluid. most Dealer Uses Orange Line GL-5 oil for tanny, transfer, and diff.* They don't use the oem stuff which is Diaqueen LSD. whihc cost $40-50 bucks a can.* I get them for $25 bucks because i work at the dealer.* Trust me. O0

donatevo
02-11-2006, 11:35 PM

WRONG. just to let you know the dealers doesn't use the OEM stuff from mitsubishi. They use whom ever they have a contract with for fluid. most Dealer Uses Orange Line GL-5 oil for tanny, transfer, and diff. They don't use the oem stuff which is Diaqueen LSD. whihc cost $40-50 bucks a can. I get them for $25 bucks because i work at the dealer. Trust me. O0
Hey Charlie, I recommend it but I buy the OEM Mitsu fluids from the dealer and do the fluid change myself.

02-12-2006, 12:04 AM
I just used what RRE recommended, which was BG Syncroshift for tranny, Redline Shockproof for transfer case, and Redline 75W/90 for rear differential.

C-Spec
02-12-2006, 12:09 AM

WRONG. just to let you know the dealers doesn't use the OEM stuff from mitsubishi. They use whom ever they have a contract with for fluid. most Dealer Uses Orange Line GL-5 oil for tanny, transfer, and diff. They don't use the oem stuff which is Diaqueen LSD. whihc cost $40-50 bucks a can. I get them for $25 bucks because i work at the dealer. Trust me. O0
Hey Charlie, I recommend it but I buy the OEM Mitsu fluids from the dealer and do the fluid change myself.

WTF ?? i don't think you understand me. What i'm trying to say is that, don't take your EVo to the dealer for fluid changes. Do It yourself.

Macky
02-12-2006, 12:11 AM
im surprised goku hasnt responded to this yet.

turbolarry
02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I just used what RRE recommended, which was BG Syncroshift for tranny, Redline Shockproof for transfer case, and Redline 75W/90 for rear differential.

O0
... and be done.

russjnco
02-12-2006, 12:50 PM
For the gearbox I'm using 2 parts Redline MT-90 and 1 part MTL. I really like that combo over the BG Synchro and definitely over the OE fluid. For the transfer and rear diff.....diaqueen.

BlueBooster
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM

O0
... and be done.
+1

Takashi
02-12-2006, 02:25 PM

booyacasha. +2... I just had this done last weekend, and I wish I had done it a while ago.

O0
... and be done.
+1

BMan
02-12-2006, 03:25 PM

WTF ?? i don't think you understand me. What i'm trying to say is that, don't take your EVo to the dealer for fluid changes. Do It yourself.

Yeah, I did and it cost me a transfer case. They replaced it and put the same crap in it, it started making noise again at 600 miles so I changed it to Amsoil.

Alexxx
02-12-2006, 03:29 PM
how bout powersteering fluid?, when i went to sow everytime i finished the session my p/s fluid was spilled all over the place. so im guessing it boiled up in there.

Miss Evo8
02-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Really? Maybe the cap wasn't on tight? Are u sure u wherent thinking of your brake fluid Alex? U did boil it......

Alexxx
02-13-2006, 11:07 AM
that too, but for sure it was the powersteering.

hopefully ill go this week to rre to go get the brake lines, sway bar and bushings. i need to get rid of some of that damn push in the last turn.

oct7th1987
04-02-2006, 11:23 PM
i dont know when to change my fluids. i have about 14,960 miles on my evo. i dont know how to change the fluids... so im guessing im just gona take it to dealer. i heard you change fluids every 15k mi. is that right?

jjevo1
04-02-2006, 11:53 PM
use what road race recommend

trinydex
04-03-2006, 01:46 AM
this is correct and an added note that for hte rear you need the redline fluid with friction modifyer, adding that stuff yerself is stinky

silvery_eagle
04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
what does RRE recommended?

TougeMonster
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Neo Synthetic 75w-90 for rear diff, and BG Synchroshift for tranny.

ChrisF
04-04-2006, 12:50 PM
+1 on what RRE recommends. They did my clutch a few weeks ago. I had some problems previously with my tranny being a bit notchy after the dealer changed the fluid over to Syncroshift. I asked RRE to try something else because of that and they put in Redline. Car shifts really smoothly even in the mornings when it used to resist it..

atlvalet
04-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I have Diaqueen in the TC, Redline in the rear diff and synchroshift in the tranny. Don't really like the BG on the MR 6 speed. Am switching to what is Castrol SynTorq over in Europe. It's synthetic and supposed to work really well. THe British guys like it.

raph
04-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I use Motul fluids in my car.

evomrguy
04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
I did diaqueen in all three the first time. This time I did diaqueen in the transfer case and rear diff and I used bg synchroshift in the trans. I think its a little notchy with the bg though, I might change it to something else, but Im gonna give it a few days of driving first.

atlvalet
04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
BG gets notchier the longer it's in (at least for me). If you have an MR, go to a Dodge dealer and try their 75-85W GL-4 synthetic. You can pm me on EvoM and I can give you the part number if interested. I am getting some put in next weekend, because I am tired of the BG for the 6 speed. For the 5 speed, I am sure it's great.

Evorob
04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
What about royal purple oils? i have heard great things about them.... I'm thinking about switching my motor oil to royal purple over the mobil 1 synthetic, and i only have 10000 miles so i dont really need to worry about other fluids quite yet.

evomrguy
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
BG gets notchier the longer it's in (at least for me). If you have an MR, go to a Dodge dealer and try their 75-85W GL-4 synthetic. You can pm me on EvoM and I can give you the part number if interested. I am getting some put in next weekend, because I am tired of the BG for the 6 speed. For the 5 speed, I am sure it's great.

Thanks for the info. Is your screen name the same on evom?

trinydex
04-05-2006, 11:04 PM
it's the same

e-autosports
04-06-2006, 11:09 AM
motul is the best!

atlvalet
04-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Went to the Dodge dealer today to pick up the fluid. Part # should be 4874459. It's synthethic tranny fluid 75W-85 and it's $15.30 a quart. I bought 3. On the description it reads Lubricant 1081033. I'm reading off the receipt.