PDA

View Full Version : Refinancing my Evo

GOOSE_Ej
02-14-2006, 09:57 AM
hey guys i want to refi my evo cause i want lower payments but i dont know who to refi with? The car is under my bro's name.. Im totally lost when it comes to these things.. so anyhelp would help me alot O0

Thanks

-GOOSE

silvery_eagle
02-14-2006, 10:07 AM
my cousin asked me to go to one of the credit union and sign up for an account... but looking at the interest rates right now i think it's not a good time to do so...
any idea from other people?

ultraflip
02-14-2006, 10:30 AM
current refinance rates here at capital one is Rates start at 6.75% APR on approved credit.. good luck!

Blaze
02-14-2006, 10:36 AM
current refinance rates here at capital one is Rates start at 6.75% APR on approved credit.. good luck!

Flip helped me out with my re-refi quite a bit.
I think I may have to buy him lunch....

DTunedEvoX
02-14-2006, 10:54 AM
I wish my DIDNT credit suck so bad .. I'd refi too =(

chuckdashi
02-14-2006, 11:05 AM
with the current interest rates it aint worth it

ultraflip
02-14-2006, 11:06 AM
I wish my credit suck so bad .. I'd refi too =(

wtf

DTunedEvoX
02-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Whops

wtf

Whoops busted a Charlie .. I meant I wish my Credit WASNT so bad .. lol

chuckdashi
02-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Whops

wtf

Whoops busted a Charlie .. I meant I wish my Credit WASNT so bad .. lol
hahahahaha

silvery_eagle
02-14-2006, 11:16 AM
flip, do you think the rate is going to go down anytime soon?
i might need your help :D

Terry S
02-14-2006, 11:21 AM
And its still wrong. lol

I was going to refi my car through my auto insurance company (USAA) or my credit union (OCTFCU) before I got the Evo. This was like 4 months ago. My rates were going to be 4.~ with USAA and 5.0 with OCTFCU. Didn't even need to run a credit report either!

2 things to remember: #1 - Rates are not bad right now. No they aren't. Shut up. #2 - Your rate really has no bearing on your payments if its within 4% of your old rate. No it doesn't. Shut up.

Example:
$30k refi loan + 60 months + 6% rate = $580 per month
$30k refi loan + 60 months + 8% rate = $608 per month
$30k refi loan + 60 months + 10% rate = $637 per month

Wow. $55 whole dollars more per month for a 10% rate over a 6%. Most of you guys spend 3 times that amount on washing your car each month.

Terry S

ultraflip
02-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Example:

Wow. $55 whole dollars more per month for a 10% rate over a 6%. Most of you guys spend 3 times that amount on washing your car each month.

$55 * 60 = $3300 O.o?

Terry S
02-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Example:

$55 * 60 = $3300 O.o?

I'm speaking monthly. Compairing figures over the life of the loan is pointless and irrelevant.

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
02-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Wow would be nice if they didnt have to check my credit =P Anything is better than the 11% that I pay now =(

Terry S
02-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Wow would be nice if they didnt have to check my credit =P Anything is better than the 11% that I pay now =(

Try your bank or your car insurance company. Both of mine dont require credit reports to be pulled when buying or refinancing cars. Heck, I can even get credit lines too.

Terry S

ultraflip
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm speaking monthly. Compairing figures over the life of the loan is pointless and irrelevant.

Terry S

figures are figures none the less... $3300 is still $3300.. saving $55 a month is better than wasting $55 a month... to some people... every penny counts

Terry S
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM

Terry S

figures are figures none the less... $3300 is still $3300.. saving $55 a month is better than wasting $55 a month... to some people... every penny counts

When your talking about cars over 10k, then you've left the "every penny counts" crowd.

Terry S

ultraflip
02-14-2006, 12:57 PM

Terry S

When your talking about cars over 10k, then you've left the "every penny counts" crowd.

Terry S

a few people on this forum live paycheck to paycheck paying for their evo and other expenses... an extra $55 would be a small.. but nice bump... instead of not having a bump at all

Terry S
02-14-2006, 01:11 PM
a few people on this forum live paycheck to paycheck paying for their evo and other expenses... an extra $55 would be a small.. but nice bump... instead of not having a bump at all

And it's people who live like that that keep companies like mine in business. I work for a major subprime mortgage lender and we love idiots who live paycheck to paycheck then get hurt or sick or divorce or live WAY outside their means.

But you are right, a $55 dollar chunk a month would be nice but it shouldn't make or break you financially. Especially so if you can afford to purchase and maintain an Evo.

Terry S

gofaster87
02-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Calling someone an idiot because they live paycheck to paycheck is pretty arogant. Not everyone is fortunate. If they choose to live tight because of their love of cars I understand it all to well, especially when I was in college. My last year in school I was fortunate enough to start a small business that brought me up to speed but I remember the earlier years. Since Ive been in Vegas, Ive seen more people living this way and its not because they are dumb or gambling too much its just hard to afford things with the pay that is offered in town. Amazing how many people move here thinking its still cheap but its twice the cost as it was 3 years ago.

ultraflip
02-14-2006, 01:37 PM
I work for a major subprime mortgage lender and we love idiots who live paycheck to paycheck then get hurt or sick or divorce or live WAY outside their means.

hmm... i wonder where capital one falls in place with this... oh... THE WHOLE FAWKIN CREDIT SPECTRUM

Terry S
02-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Calling someone an idiot because they live paycheck to paycheck is pretty arogant. Not everyone is fortunate. If they choose to live tight because of their love of cars I understand it all to well, especially when I was in college. My last year in school I was fortunate enough to start a small business that brought me up to speed but I remember the earlier years. Since Ive been in Vegas, Ive seen more people living this way and its not because they are dumb or gambling too much its just hard to afford things with the pay that is offered in town. Amazing how many people move here thinking its still cheap but its twice the cost as it was 3 years ago.

If anything, living paycheck to paycheck is more arrogant than calling people idiots is. If you want to gamble that everything will be just peachy while living on the financial edge, thats fine, go ahead. I did it myself. I stopped paying for health insurance, and numerous other things so I could afford my Sentra Spec-V and my online games at one time. Are you saying I wasn't being stupid? Of course not.

Yes $55 dollars a month would be great, but thats only the cost of one nice dinner a month. Or the cost of a couple 12-packs of beer. Or the cost of a carton of cigarettes. Or the cost of 7 drinks at a bar. Or the cost of however much weed you can get with $55 bucks.

Most people living paycheck to paycheck can give up alot of luxuries and live financially more comfortable, but they choose not to. The people who actually are living paycheck to paycheck need to figure out how they got themselves there and what they can do to get the hell out of it. People in that situation don't worry if they can afford a $600 Evo payment or a $655 Evo payment. They worry if they can afford food this week or rent this week.

And for the record, people who make their living racing their Evo are excluded from this scenario.

Terry S

Terry S
02-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I work for a major subprime mortgage lender and we love idiots who live paycheck to paycheck then get hurt or sick or divorce or live WAY outside their means.

hmm... i wonder where capital one falls in place with this... oh... THE WHOLE FAWKIN CREDIT SPECTRUM

Yea, you guys are pretty much predatory lenders too. lol

Terry S

KRS333
02-14-2006, 02:59 PM

+1
I dont not necessarily live paycheck by paycheck but with a 2 year old it is hard at times. Personally I think your a dumb ass for calling some people idiots because of there sitaution. But hey that is just coming from a man that probably does not make as much as you or grow up with a silver spoon in there mouth like some.

Terry S
02-14-2006, 03:02 PM

+1
I dont not necessarily live paycheck by paycheck but with a 2 year old it is hard at times. Personally I think your a dumb ass for calling some people idiots because of there sitaution. But hey that is just coming from a man that probably does not make as much as you or grow up with a silver spoon in there mouth like some.

Please refer to my response two posts up from yours. Plus, I can understand that it can be hard to get by with a kid, but that was your choice. Kids are a luxury not a requirement. And I can guarantee you make more than my wife and I.

Terry S

Absinthe
02-14-2006, 06:43 PM

Well- I am both of those things and if your evo is the difference between living paycheck to paycheck and not then that foolish and short sighted, NOW I AM NOT SAYING YOU. But there are definately some people on this board who would have been better off if they waited 6 months to a year until they were in better earning positions or saved some cash before buying their evo.

But back to the topic at hand re-fiing cars is almost always a bad idea and does sucker the paycheck to paycheck people becuase they almost always extend the term when they do so to lower the monthly payment and get more cash in their pocket, so assuming the thread started bought his car around the point he joined, thats April 2005 so he has been paying on it for 10 months, when he refis he will likely do so for 60 months which will mean his total loan will be for 70 months and he will be accruing interest that much longer eating away any potential savings especially given that inerest rates have only gone up over the past 10 months and they show no sign of dropping soon. This is why pay check to pay check stays that way, short sightedness gets you a slightly lower rate but a longer payment time think about what the extra 400 or so a month for ten months becomes...

gofaster87
02-15-2006, 12:19 AM

+1

Please refer to my response two posts up from yours. Plus, I can understand that it can be hard to get by with a kid, but that was your choice. Kids are a luxury not a requirement. And I can guarantee you make more than my wife and I.

Terry S

Kids a luxury? What world do you live on?

Terry S
02-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Just like a car, you can decide whether or not you want a kid before it happens. And in much the same way, there is no cooling of period (well there is but not many take that option).

Terry S

KRS333
02-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Kids & cars are to different things. Kids are not a luxury but more like a blessing.. So many people out there that casn not have kids & would do anything to have a family.

gen4k20a2
02-15-2006, 10:51 AM
ok i think he means that kids are an option that is chosen...like a car. You decide to have kids

drwn kix
02-15-2006, 11:12 AM
The incredible arrogance of judging people in whole classes without knowing their individual situations is really screwed up. *Sure there are people who live too close to the edge, but it is impossible for most working people to truly protect themselves. :-o
I have had extremely wealthy periods in my life and once retired with a 42 foot Lagoon catamaran, set up for world cruising. *I built a fancy home on a hill, on an acre of land with a view in my twenties. *I have never failed to make a living for myself since I was sixteen. *My current net income is less than half what it was when I retired and almost everything I owned before is just gone. :idiot2:
It’s a long story how this happened but key words are: my son’s divorce, grandchildren, paranoid schizophrenia (not mine), my divorce, credit card bills that I didn’t use.
I take full responsibility. *I trusted the wrong people and made some bad decisions. *
I am now in a new relationship. *With a new career. *With a new house. *With a pretty cool Evo. *With a Specialized S-works Epic that I still ride. *I am better off than many of my high school buddies, some of who died in Vietnam, some have Alzheimer’s, some died of cancer, some became Neocons, some died of heart disease, one recently committed suicide. :-o
The number one cause of bankruptcy in the United States is medical bills, never forget that, and that situation is worse with the new bankruptcy law.
My best friend’s wife is hanging on by her fingernails because of his Alzheimer’s care, even though he retired as decorated police lieutenant with money in the bank. *We are chipping in to help but she might be doomed to lose her house. >:(
I hope you never discover how tenuous your, and everyone else's, current situation is. ;)

Terry S
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
The incredible arrogance of judging people in whole classes without knowing their individual situations is really screwed up. Sure there are people who live too close to the edge, but it is impossible for most working people to truly protect themselves. :-o
I have had extremely wealthy periods in my life and once retired with a 42 foot Lagoon catamaran, set up for world cruising. I built a fancy home on a hill, on an acre of land with a view in my twenties. I have never failed to make a living for myself since I was sixteen. My current net income is less than half what it was when I retired and almost everything I owned before is just gone. :idiot2:
It’s a long story how this happened but key words are: my son’s divorce, grandchildren, paranoid schizophrenia (not mine), my divorce, credit card bills that I didn’t use.
I take full responsibility. I trusted the wrong people and made some bad decisions.
I am now in a new relationship. With a new career. With a new house. With a pretty cool Evo. With a Specialized S-works Epic that I still ride. I am better off than many of my high school buddies, some of who died in Vietnam, some have Alzheimer’s, some died of cancer, some became Neocons, some died of heart disease, one recently committed suicide. :-o
The number one cause of bankruptcy in the United States is medical bills, never forget that, and that situation is worse with the new bankruptcy law.
My best friend’s wife is hanging on by her fingernails because of his Alzheimer’s care, even though he retired as decorated police lieutenant with money in the bank. We are chipping in to help but she might be doomed to lose her house. >:(
I hope you never discover how tenuous your, and everyone else's, current situation is. ;)

Not only is all of that off the topic, but it's further proving the original point that shit happens and you shouldn't be worring about a $600 or a $650 Evo payment if your living paycheck to paycheck.

And gen4k, thanks for the emphasising the correct interpretation of my point. O0

Terry S

KRS333
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Well how about we get back on track & figure out if Goose will be refinacing his car? lol