PDA

View Full Version : Computer Guys...

One Evo Pinay
02-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Okay so the question really isn't as complicated as it may seem but I recently ordered DSL for my place of business. Now the guy who originally installed my camera system said I can just connect the dsl line to the back of the DVR system and log in from home after installing the software. Okay so I semi understand that, seems simple...but my question is "where do I log in from" shouldn't there be a website of some-sort? My cousin told me I just have to get the IPS address from my laundromat and the way I do that is just ask the guy who is installing the dsl to give it to me...is that true? If so is it just as easy as getting the ips address going home or any computer and typing in the address as if I were searching socal evo? To me seems like there should be more to it, so I'd like some opinions from the computer guys on this forum...

wirespeed
02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
to get your ip address
click start
run
type in cmd
a black window pops up
type in ipconfig /all
once your done looking type exit

i dunno about the other stuff

One Evo Pinay
02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
to get your ip address
click start
run
type in cmd
a black window pops up
type in ipconfig /all

well i understand about getting the ips address part, but does that mean that if I have the ips address from my laundromat i can view whatever is going on over there...i guess i am just kinda confused cus I am thinking how can I view something way over there when there are no cords of any sort connected from my computer to the system at the laundromat...

One Evo Pinay
02-14-2006, 04:50 PM
to get your ip address
click start
run
type in cmd
a black window pops up
type in ipconfig /all

oh and when i do this the black box pops up but then just closes within 2 seconds

wirespeed
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
dont type ipconfig when u are on run
on RUN type in CMD

One Evo Pinay
02-14-2006, 05:00 PM
i think i figured out the whole ips thing and being able to see my cameras at my laundromat from home...the guy is still breaking in though, you should see the video i have of 5 cops rushing in to get this guy they thought was the robber yesterday was pretty funny cus the guy looked so lost...

DTunedEvoX
02-14-2006, 05:19 PM
i think i figured out the whole ips thing and being able to see my cameras at my laundromat from home...the guy is still breaking in though, you should see the video i have of 5 cops rushing in to get this guy they thought was the robber yesterday was pretty funny cus the guy looked so lost...
Ohh man poor dude ... Thats F'd up LOL Put that video up ! I'd <3 to see it!

silvery_eagle
02-14-2006, 05:27 PM

lol seems like you might lost a customer >.<

DTunedEvoX
02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Should of been like "Ohh haha, your on america's funniest home videos!"

One Evo Pinay
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
does knowing someone's IP address mean that you are able to view their information?

silvery_eagle
02-14-2006, 09:34 PM
depend on what info you are trying to view...it's not that easy since most systems have their own firewall and such..

WavMixer
02-14-2006, 09:48 PM
does knowing someone's IP address mean that you are able to view their information?
Without a firewall, I could own your computer, cameras, printers or anything within your network with your IP address. A computer on a network is like a penis in a singles bar at 2AM. It must be protected!

silvery_eagle
02-14-2006, 10:04 PM
let's put it this way... ever heard of people saying their mouse moved itself?
that's because he's been hacked lol..
i remember did it to one guy who thought a ghost was pressing the eject button on his cd player lmao

WavMixer
02-15-2006, 11:26 AM
What's really fun is resetting their administrative password and locking them out of their own system. That is true ownage at it's finest. :twisted:

gen4k20a2
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
true but it is now really hard to take control of peoples computers because of the amount of knowlegde there is out there about computers. Microsoft (with service pack 2) tried to basically solve this problem of firewall-less computers. Also...many processors today automatically detect if a command from a different computer is trying to be executed and immediatly reboots the computer. Some people have issues with remote assistance and remote access cause of these technologies and have to disable them to make good use out of the system from a remote computer

ac_schnauzer
02-15-2006, 06:35 PM

post the vid!

One Evo Pinay
02-15-2006, 09:33 PM

post the vid!

does anyone know a website that will will host it? so i can link everyone

Terry S
02-16-2006, 11:27 AM
putafile

Terry S

One Evo Pinay
02-16-2006, 11:38 PM
putafile

Terry S

okay will try to get video up asap :)