PDA

View Full Version : run in with the laws you got into with your evos? post ur stories

wj4
02-15-2006, 12:28 AM
hey all, just wondering if any of u had any bad run in with the laws in the evo. in the 5 months of owning it, i got one speeding ticket...it was a week where they were just pulling ppl over left and right. it was on a busy street by the university campus, and the cop that pulled me over stated that they were there due to the overwhelming calls and reports of cars driving a lot more than the speed limit. so far, no pulling over for tint, lowering, or things like that..knock on wood :-P

Skiracer
02-15-2006, 07:14 AM
We already have a forum section called "Law Enforcement and Vehicle/Smog Laws".....
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?board=32.0

rino
02-15-2006, 09:47 AM
I got pulled over, dragged out of the car and beat up. They thought I was drunk in broad daylight. I have a lawsuit going on right now.

you must be bored wisith

emperor_gp
02-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I got pulled over, dragged out of the car and beat up. They thought I was drunk in broad daylight. I have a lawsuit going on right now.

dang are you serious?

Thero
02-15-2006, 09:52 AM
At the 909 Meet on Monday they Illegally searched DM's car for his camera because the cop thought he had taken a picture of the cop car. Illegally Opened his trunk and looked through his pictures to see. Also had him on the hood of the patrol car and Frisked him. >:(

Then A while back I was on my way home from work in Westminster and a cop came up behind me and started to shoot his radar gun at me. I kept doing 65 because I have a radar detector. Then He pulls to the side of me for about a min and then behind me again. Then he hits me with the gun and his spot light comes on and over his intercom I hear "DOES IT WORK?" And then he sped off past me. *:2funny: Seriously not bullshittin either, it happen to my buddies little brother in his ranger to. :police:

gen4k20a2
02-15-2006, 10:14 AM
At the 909 Meet on Monday they Illegally searched DM's car for his camera because the cop thought he had taken a picture of the cop car. Illegally Opened his trunk and looked through his pictures to see. Also had him on the hood of the patrol car and Frisked him. >:(

Then A while back I was on my way home from work in Westminster and a cop came up behind me and started to shoot his radar gun at me. I kept doing 65 because I have a radar detector. Then He pulls to the side of me for about a min and then behind me again. Then he hits me with the gun and his spot light comes on and over his intercom I hear "DOES IT WORK?" And then he sped off past me. :2funny: Seriously not bullshittin either, it happen to my buddies little brother in his ranger to. :police:

probably the best damn cop story ive heard in my life

Skiracer
02-15-2006, 10:21 AM

Then A while back I was on my way home from work in Westminster and a cop came up behind me and started to shoot his radar gun at me. I kept doing 65 because I have a radar detector. Then He pulls to the side of me for about a min and then behind me again. Then he hits me with the gun and his spot light comes on and over his intercom I hear "DOES IT WORK?" And then he sped off past me. :2funny: Seriously not bullshittin either, it happen to my buddies little brother in his ranger to. :police:

hAHHAHA, Classic!

wj4
02-15-2006, 11:04 AM

you must be bored wisith

pertty much. i couldnt go to sleep, nothing good was on tv so socalevo=my blog:P

Sxhawnn
02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
had it for a year and a half and never a single ticket. Arcadia cop pulled me over one time for making an illegal u-turn but he let it go with a warning and said that he liked my big wing. :grin:

kimletrim
02-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Make left hand turn and cop pulled me over. I was in my shorts and sandals. Cop said I fishtailed it when I was making a left. Funny...I made a tight left hand turn onto the lane closest to the median. Anyways, getting ready to hand my info, but I couldn't find my driver's license!

Told the cop I probably left it at the hardware store. Asked me where I lived and asked me if I had any kind of ID with me. I said, "I have my bar card!", and flashed it out. Gives it back to me and tells me to drive safely. Once cop gets back to his car, I finally find my driver's license. To top it off, I pull away and stall and the next light. Hush, 272 cams...hush!

SpdyEvo02
02-15-2006, 01:04 PM
had my evo for 2 years NO tickets been pulled over twice. Once for tunring to fast onto a street and the other when the OC Caravan got pulled over on the 91 freeway

turbolarry
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Like you wouldn't believe :tickedoff: ;
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=7822.0

Thero
02-15-2006, 03:39 PM

Heres my dads best (Ok bear with me hes a old guy LOL) from back in the late 70's. This is when Cops where cool.

My Dad had a 1968 AMX until 2 months ago when he finally sold it. He was crusing down PCH near Newport Beach around 11pm when he pulled up to a stop sign (Sorry dont remember the cross street.) Hes with his other buddy in the car and a police cruiser comes up next to him. The two cops look over and the passenger asks him (Lets see what that things got.)My dad looked back at him and followed with a "Yeah right your gonna light us up." Cop Replies "No we wont Honestly we just want to see what it can do." So the cops start reving next to him and then they both take off.

My Dad is gaining on him about two car lengths all of a sudden the cop pulls behind him and lights him up. When My Dad pulls over they drive up to the window and say "Ah were just kidding with you. Nice Car but keep it safe out here." and drove off.

SpdyEvo02
02-15-2006, 03:47 PM
lol thats a classic

DTunedEvoX
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Thats an awesome story Thero ... Wish cops would ask me to do that LOL ... I'd be shizzin' bricks after they lit me up LOL

Thero
02-15-2006, 03:52 PM
My dad has all kinds of stories from his street racing days. He use to be in a Racing Club then to. Which I wish I could of been their. His buddy in the car had a Bug All Fixed up, Another with a 69 Charger, my dad with his AMX, another buddy with a 72 Camaro, and another one that had a Plymoth Superbird until he crashed it on the drag strip and his parents bought him a AMC Rambler :2funny:

Oh That Superbird and Charger would been a dream come true to drag O0

WavMixer
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I have a brother that is a cop in Chico, CA. When I used to live up there many years ago, I would be driving along minding my own business and get the red lights in my rear view mirror. It was just my brother saying hi. Back then I twisted wrenches for a living and was the mechanic on 1/2 of the PDs personal cars. Needless to say, I never got a ticket in Chico ;)

gen4k20a2
02-16-2006, 11:25 AM
damn you...hahaha.

909Evo
02-18-2006, 08:49 PM
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12544/normal_Bad%20Day.jpg

*chris*
02-19-2006, 09:37 AM
does it work .... :2funny:

thats a nice pic man.

well lets see, i got pulled over 2weeks after i bought my beloved. i was a block away from my girlfriends house and she was in the car with me. i was going 25 in a 25 and had just come to a stop. lights turn on. it wasnt a well lit street so i couldnt see the lightbars before he had them on so i just thought it was some jackass tailgating me. (god i hate that)

anyways, he comes up with a huge smile on his face, goes through the usual shpeel. but of course i dont have registration since i havent gotten my plates/tags yet. he asked me for my purchase papers and i just started laughing and said, yah those are at my HOUSE, in my filing cabinet. he got this confused look like ...'you have a filing cabinet'.

so i ask, why whats the problem?
well you have no plates/tags ...no temp tag either. so...
oh fk. i forgot about it ....here it is. i pulled it down from my visor. i had all the windows open earlier and it had blown down into the back seat and i forgot to put it up after i was done cleaning her earlier.

so the smile disappears and turns into disappointment. ill be right back chris. he goes and sits in his car for 5min, comes back, 'yah so uhh..'.
yah yah, ill put it back up before i do anything tomorrow officer.
ok ...have a good night chris.

after that hes been the only cop that waves at me here. all the others just shoot their radar and give me the death stare. although thats subsiding now, i think they finally realize im not speeding everywhere or everytime i go out.

also, it not so much a confrontation with them ...but weve come to conclusion that police activity has increased at least 75% on my street since owning this car. id usually see them a couple times a week pre-evo. post-evo its more like a couple times a day.

Gear Grinder
02-19-2006, 09:51 AM
To top it off, I pull away and stall and the next light. Hush, 272 cams...hush!
ha ha, I did this on purpose once. I rolled through a stop, and this cop pulled out behind me. he followed me to the next stop where I purposely stall it (pretending to have trouble with the car). He follows me to the next stop, I stall it again. this time he turns around and goes back to his hiding spot. I figured that if he asked why I rolled through the first stop I could tell him I was afraid my car would stall.

BlueBooster
02-19-2006, 05:34 PM
So I'm crusing down th 10fwy headed west near west covina, had my daughter (and now ex) in the car with me. I'm in the fast lane going with the flow of traffic & I see a west covina crusier pull on the freeway. I instinctively got over to the right one lane & made sure I was going a speed that wouldn't get me pulled over. I've never seen cop jump lanes so quick! He showed up in the fast lane, staying in my blind spot for what seemed like forever. As if he wanted (or waiting) for me to make a mistake to have an excuse. As I got to the right one lane, so did he. This continued all the way across every lane of the freeway. :tickedoff: I was getting really pissed by this crap & then when I got off at my exit, he didn't even get off the freeway. Just kept going. :knuppel2: This was probably back in October last year.

LaminarFlow
02-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I was driving with my family to a birthday party at the park for my 4-year old niece.* * I notice the cop following about a mile from the park.* *I manage to get through a light and he's held up.* I find the park but had to u-turn to get back to the parking lot.* I see him coming towards me.* He had to make a few turns to get to the park so I knew he was quickly trying to catch up.* No lights.* I quickly pull over at the park as he approaches and start getting my two daugthers out of the back..* he rolls by, u-turns (since it was a dead-end) and leaves..* * :coolsmiley:*

Whenever we pull up next to a cop, i roll down the back windows so my daughers can wave hi...* *O0* *

BlueBooster
02-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Whenever we pull up next to a cop, i roll down the back windows so my daughers can wave hi... O0
+1 That usually works too!

silvery_eagle
02-20-2006, 11:40 AM
whats up with the cops these days? they think if you're in evo you're racing?
lame

SurfEvo
02-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Back in when I had my first evo, on the first night I had it. I was driving in the rain on 101 in Encinitas going south. The road goes from a downtown area to cliffs on one side and railroad on the other. I punched it out of the downtown area up to 70 then let off and slowed down to the speed limit of 45. I was crusing then out of no where I got lit up. I pulled over and the officer came up and noticed my temp registation in the window. All he said was "YOU NEED TO SLOW IT WAY DOWN!" Then he walked back to his car and I drove off. He must of just heard me take off because by the time he was behind me I was doing the speed limit. My heart was beating so fast. With my evo now I have a V1 and it has saved me so many times already.

evo8kiko05
05-20-2006, 08:02 PM
if you dont have a Valentine1, GET ONE its amazing. I was on my way home from Temecula and on the Way to San Diego on the 15S. Any my V1 starts brap,brap intermittently and arrow behind. So I slow the speedlimit and I can see from a distance in my rearview a CHP was weaving from left to right in the HYW trying to slow traffic down....

*chris*
05-20-2006, 09:32 PM
what a bunch of communism.....

im heading to burbank this morning to join up with the caravan to srt. anyways, theres a jeep in front of me and another in front of him. we're goin around 68 ...and there are cars to the left and right going faster than us.

i see a cop car in my sideview....

they pull alongside and are you looking my car over and continue on. BUT THEN, the slow back down and pull in behind me. those bitchin lights...

no seat belt. wow, kiss my @ss. nevermind the people blatantly speeding around, we need to pull this guy in the evo over.

yes i know its a law ...but i dont agree with it. and i have a reason to not wear it that certainly backs up my decision not to wear it.

the guy was pretty much a dck about it too. everytime id answer a question, hed cut me off before i could finish. ...dcks

Highrever
05-20-2006, 10:56 PM
haha Chris, you're right about that invincible chat we had at Robi's house, I'll let you have my Superman T-shirt, I don't use it anymore

thisxguy
05-20-2006, 11:55 PM
i was driving along 91e im the slow lane and it was a little dark and everyones lights were on. i pass an onramp and i notice a motorcycle so i got curious on what bike it was but then a cop. i see him switch lanes to the left of me, so i'm nice enough to scoot over to the right of my lane so he has more room if he's going to split lanes. the car on my left speeds up and changes to the next left lane. i see the cop pull up next to me and his lights are on. i'm thinking...what the hell did i do? and he pulls a little ahead of me, turns off his lights, and he turns around points his two fingers at his eyes and then down the freeway where we're driving (while he's doing this motion he over exagerated his lip wording so i can understand..."keep your eyes on the road") and drives away over the speed limit. i guess i'm sorry for trying to be nice enough to give his ass some room to drive by.

*chris*
05-21-2006, 02:25 AM
haha Chris, you're right about that invincible chat we had at Robi's house, I'll let you have my Superman T-shirt, I don't use it anymore

AWESOME

kcross
05-21-2006, 02:34 AM
i had one cop pull me over for no plates. first he tries to get me to talk about how fast my car is with him. just kinda makes an ass out of himself (no i have nothing against cops, he was just a moron) for a few minutes. when he finally asks why i dont have plates on i tell him i havent recieved my plates, he looks at my reg and sees my car is six months old and i tell him i have contacted the dealership and dmv but neither want to handle it. heres where it gets good. he leans in my passenger side window and says "i just remembered i ran out of tickets for today (its 11am) so i cant write you a ticket, so do you really not have your plates or are you just telling me that"... no sir i dont have my plates yet... "but i told you i dont have any more tickets today so i cant write you up for it"... no sir i dont have them... "if i see you around here again im gonna give you a ticket"...

*chris*
05-21-2006, 02:38 AM
i just love it ...i mean, not all cops are @sses. but the few that are, just ruin your whole outlook on their profession.

CubanEvo
05-21-2006, 03:24 AM
i dunno i guess i'm lucky because the few times that i have been pulled over it has been by bitchin cops. 1 of them owned an evo and the other 2 were really into the car. It helps that i am a criminal justice major and i always bring that up. lol. Hope it keeps me out of trouble for a while. I have 0 moving violations and i'd like to keep it that way.

thisxguy
05-21-2006, 10:39 AM
i broke my ankle pretty bad from playing basketball so i asked my doctor to give me a handicap pass and he did. now i'm okay and walking fine but the disabled pass didnt expire yet. at school, csulb, hooked me up with a gate card so i can park in faculty and disabled parking. one day i walked to my car and there was a cop a few feet from my car. i open my car, my cousin gets in and i put my backpack in the back and i see another cop car stop right behind me. he gets out trying to act all hard and i saw hey offficer. and he says whose disabled pass is that? i answered, it's mine do you want to see the dmv receipt? and he says yes. so i hand it to him and he looks at my drivers licence and says...what happened and i tell him that i broke my ankle and i'm in rehab right now. and then he says okay, i was just checking because it could be your grandmas or something. then i told him that i understand. so he started to walk back to his police car...turns around and says...how do you like your evo? and i'm smiling and say it's nice i just got it. then the other cop that has his car a few feet from mine gets out and starts walking over. and then the cop that i was talking to says...you wouldnt be speeding around in it because you dont want us to give you tickets right? and i'm like, no officer, i just got it 2 weeks ago and i'm still breaking it in. and then he smiles and leaves.

EVOMANIAC
05-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I was cruising down a 4 lane road about 45 mph and this red Honda pulss up next to me and starts reving at me. He puches and takes off so I hit the brakes and slow down to about 30. Not even 5 seconds later I hear sirens and look in my rearview and see a cop right behind me. I was thinking this a$$hole better not pull me over. So I pullover to the right lane getting ready to get on the shoulder and the cop passes me waving. He had to have seen the whole thing. I thought my car was a gonner. I didnt see if he caught the Honda. Whenever some one wants to race I just hit the brakes and slow down.

oct7th1987
05-22-2006, 01:50 AM
first day i got my car... was driving around at night. cop pulls me over.. says i have no plate brackets. i said "its there, but not in the center. its off to the side." he didnt go look. then he told me to go home.

thats the only time i ran into cops with my evo

i think he just wanted to harass me.. or pull me over to see if i was drunk.. or something.

airforce1
05-22-2006, 02:13 AM
i had one cop pull me over for no plates. first he tries to get me to talk about how fast my car is with him. just kinda makes an ass out of himself (no i have nothing against cops, he was just a moron) for a few minutes. when he finally asks why i dont have plates on i tell him i havent recieved my plates, he looks at my reg and sees my car is six months old and i tell him i have contacted the dealership and dmv but neither want to handle it. heres where it gets good. he leans in my passenger side window and says "i just remembered i ran out of tickets for today (its 11am) so i cant write you a ticket, so do you really not have your plates or are you just telling me that"... no sir i dont have my plates yet... "but i told you i dont have any more tickets today so i cant write you up for it"... no sir i dont have them... "if i see you around here again im gonna give you a ticket"...

Dude, 6 months without plates is plain ridiculous. I got mine in about 2 months.

On with my story. This was about my father (who passed away just recently). Back in the days before he was a pastor, my dad was a raging alcoholic. Anyways, after my dad's funeral my uncle told me this story about the time when he was DUI and stopped by the cops. I think my dad said something that really got the cop's sympathy because he later escorted him straight to our house. no joke. rest in peace, dad.

kcross
05-22-2006, 02:34 AM
umm... im not a big fan of plates.

vr6t
05-28-2006, 04:24 PM
lol great stories

EvoPwr
05-28-2006, 04:28 PM
had it for a year and a half and never a single ticket. Arcadia cop pulled me over one time for making an illegal u-turn but he let it go with a warning and said that he liked my big wing. :grin:

you showed him your big wing :D

Ben1386
06-01-2006, 07:30 PM
I was driving home from work exiting 5 north to go onto the 94 east entrance in San Diego. There are about two blocks to the freeway entrance with stop signs at each block and there is traffic all the way to the entrance. I see a cop giving a ticket to a guy in an Eclipse. I pass the cop going about 5 mph and then I see him get into his car and then he cuts into traffic to get behind me. Just as I pass the light to go onto the freeway, he turns his lights on. I couldn't believe it...I was just idling past him...my front windows aren't tinted and all I have is a catback...nothing else. I pull over and he tells me he stopped me because I don't have a front license plate. He asks me how long I've had the car (15 months) and he's surprised that I haven't been pulled over before. Actually, so am I because down the street from my house is the SDPD firing range and there are patrol cars passing through every couple of minutes. Luckily, he let me off with a warning. I put my plate on the next day so I don't get hassled again.

evo8kiko05
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM
MORENO VALLEY REALLY SUCKS!!!! DONT GO THERE IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED EXHAUST!! IT IS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR MODIFIED EXHAUST. i JUST GOT FIXIT TICKET!!! They were pullin' everyone over with a modded exhaust, especially with a fat exhaust tip!!!

thisxguy
07-07-2006, 09:31 PM
i wonder if moreno valley cops would give a fix it ticket for a stock evo exhaust...since the tip is already big ans shiny. lol

i thought cops couldnt give you a ticket for only no front plates...i heard they have to tack it onto another violation. but some guys in here told me otherwise =/

Skiracer
07-07-2006, 11:11 PM
I've had cops tailgate me numerous times, but none pulled me ova yet
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/111-1106_IMG%20copy.jpg

evo8kiko05
07-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I just got my Ticket in the mail and the Transaction fee for the Fixit ticket was $122.80 REally sucks, What makes that worst is the My parents live there. Always looking over my shoulder when I go home to visit!!!

i wonder if moreno valley cops would give a fix it ticket for a stock evo exhaust...since the tip is already big ans shiny. lol

i thought cops couldnt give you a ticket for only no front plates...i heard they have to tack it onto another violation. but some guys in here told me otherwise =/

wj4
07-21-2006, 10:25 PM

is that the rre stealth set up or you customized it yourself?

Skiracer
07-21-2006, 10:31 PM

Did it myself. Took my existing catback, chopped off the 5" tip, welded on a 3" pipe, painted the pipe and muffler in high temp black. Bam, stocker than stock.

wj4
07-21-2006, 10:33 PM
^just wondering how is the sound after you did this? big diff? and also...what catback do you have.

kimletrim
07-21-2006, 10:38 PM

Did it myself. Took my existing catback, chopped off the 5" tip, welded on a 3" pipe, painted the pipe and muffler in high temp black. Bam, stocker than stock.

You cut off the AVO!!!! OMG!!!!

Skiracer
07-22-2006, 06:55 AM
I know i almost cried when i saw the muffler shop hacking my $900 AVO catback. I didn't notice any difference in sound when i installed the 3" pipe, but the AVO catback is already one of the more quiet exhausts out there.

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-30-2006, 01:33 AM
wow it looks weird..

thisxguy
08-27-2006, 01:46 AM
2 nights ago i was on the outside lane of a double left turn and a cop goes in the inside left turn lane and he stops a little behind me. i look over at him and when i turn around the light is green and i throw it into gear. by the time i'm almost half way through the intersection the cop barely started moving. i guess he was trying to listen to my exhaust to give me an exhaust ticket. haha. what a biotch...i'm stock. HAHA..sucks. well, i take off and make sure he stays behind me so he doesnt see that i have no front plate (he'd probably pull me over for that since he couldnt get me for exhaust. dumb cop)

thisxguy
08-27-2006, 01:51 AM
last night i was behind Guppys Tea House (its in cerritos) and i saw my friend to i stopped in the parking lot to say Hi and stuff. then i leave to go find parking when i see a cop pop up behind me. luckily there are at least 4 parking spots and one is disabled. i decided to park in the disabled spot :angel: . the cop stops his car behind me and after a few seconds he turns on his spotlight, which is aimed at my car, which causes everyone to look. i tell me girlfriend to put my disabled pass up and once she raises it to hang it i see the light go off and the cop drives off with a stupid smile on his face...owned...WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE! TAKE THAT B*TCH! :2funny:

909Evo
08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
, which causes everyone to look. i tell me girlfriend to put my disabled pass up and once she raises it to hang it i see the light go off and the cop drives off with a stupid smile on his face...owned...WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE! TAKE THAT B*TCH! :2funny:

I'm afraid I don't get it...

thisxguy
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
what do you not get? the whole thing?

let me try to reprase... everyone looked when the cop turned on his spot light on my car. then i told my girlfriend to put my disabled sign up. once the sign was hanging the cop turned off his spotlight and drives away with a smile on his face.

i chose that parking spot over a regular one to see if the cop would give me shit...he tried to bust me...but no luck for him. i guess i can say that i owned that biotch O0

i hope that made more sense

speedracer2169
08-27-2006, 06:16 PM
last night i was behind Guppys Tea House (its in cerritos) and i saw my friend to i stopped in the parking lot to say Hi and stuff. then i leave to go find parking when i see a cop pop up behind me. luckily there are at least 4 parking spots and one is disabled. i decided to park in the disabled spot :angel: . the cop stops his car behind me and after a few seconds he turns on his spotlight, which is aimed at my car, which causes everyone to look. i tell me girlfriend to put my disabled pass up and once she raises it to hang it i see the light go off and the cop drives off with a stupid smile on his face...owned...WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE! TAKE THAT B*TCH! :2funny:

rofl thats a kodak moment right there

909Evo
08-27-2006, 08:57 PM
i hope that made more sense

No everything made sense besides the "you made him your bitch" part.

They way I see it, you parked in a handicap spot. He turned on his spotlight to see if you should actually be parked in that stall. You put your placard up, showing you should be parked there, and he drove off.

Thats like saying...

"I was going down the freeway right, doing 65, and this cop pulled up next to me, then passed me, because I was doing the speedlimit..... OMG OWNED!"

thisxguy
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
who would expect an evo to be disabled? i have a temporary disabled sign (expires end of this month). i've already gotten crap about having it...especially since i can walk already (i broke my ankle)

i see what you mean. but i've gotten so much crap that, to me, it's just like giving a cop the finger. oh, the cop didnt need to use his spotlight to see the placard...the lighting from the restaurant was more than sufficient (and my windows arent tinted).

silex
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Yup, that was pwnage.

trinydex
08-28-2006, 01:34 PM
i got pulled over for exhaust once in westwood. officer comes up (he's pulled me over before).

officer: is there any reason your muffler needs to be so loud?
me: is it loud?
officer: isn't that why you changed it?
me: no sir, i changed it because i like the deep tone.
officer: so it's louder right?
me: i don't know, but it's deeper.
officer: so you mean to tell me that you don't know if it's louder than before?
me: it's deeper.
officer: seems you have a history with us.
me: i've gotten a few plate tickets.
officer: ok, you get that muffler changed back to normal, if i ever catch you again with that muffler i'm towin' your car.
me: yes sir.