PDA

View Full Version : Mazda SPEED6

GOOSE_Ej
02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsSpecs&vehicleCode=MS6

check it out guys

AWD
Peak horsepower 274 @ 5500
Peak torque (lb-ft) 280 @ 3000
Redline 6700

can this be some competion for the EVO and Subie?

EvolvedMCC
02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
nope.

Macky
02-16-2006, 12:10 AM
nope, its not even in the same category. any evo will hand it its ass ever time, unless the driver is stupid and cant drive for shit.

silvery_eagle
02-16-2006, 10:29 AM
nope, its not even in the same category. any evo will hand it its ass ever time, unless the driver is stupid and cant drive for shit.
like me... i got beaten by miatas

kimletrim
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Hasn't this been covered already? I sincerely believe that once you have driven the Evo, there really is no other competition.

silvery_eagle
02-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Hasn't this been covered already? I sincerely believe that once you have driven the Evo, there really is no other competition.

unless the price tag goes over $70k for the car

i think i read it somewhere in the magazine that covers the mazdaspeed 6 that it's no where near the level of evo...

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM

LOL ^^^ Yeah the Mazda Speed 6 is more a target for like the Acura TL, Audi A6, Honda Accord - stuff like that .. While the numbers look great its lacking elsewhere ... now the Mazda Speed 3 ... Hmmmm .. To bad its FWD!

tabio42
02-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Doesn't that 6 weigh like 3800lbs?

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah without a driver =X :roll:

jknc
02-28-2006, 02:12 AM
weight will make the mz6 a dog

Chris in SD
02-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Mazda isn't targeting Evos and STis - they are (hold back the laughter) targeting BMW 3-series!! Do you know anyone that would buy a Mazda over a 3-series in the real world? I don't...

jknc
02-28-2006, 04:32 AM
i dont even know a person that would buy an evo in the real world, just interesting to see how much outside folks know about evos

Terry S
02-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Mazda isn't targeting Evos and STis - they are (hold back the laughter) targeting BMW 3-series!! Do you know anyone that would buy a Mazda over a 3-series in the real world? I don't...

My wife and I bought a Mazda3 over a 3-series BMW. It's a nice little car for half the price of a new 325i.

It felt just like the Volvo S40 which is basically the same as the little 3-series. Again, the mazda is half the price of the Volvo.

And it didn't come with leather! Yay! All leather seats blow.

Terry S (Yes I know they are sending the Mazda6 against the 3 series and that the S40 is built on the same platform as the Mazda3)

Chris in SD
02-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Terry, I understand the Mazda 3 much more than I understand the Mazdaspeed 6 vs. the BMW, primarily because of the price. You are absolutely right. When the Mazdaspeed 6 costs damn near $35K, it's not worth it. I'd pop for a TL if I wanted comfort/luxury or an Evo MR for performance.

C-Spec
02-28-2006, 04:19 PM
not even close bro. there's a reason why the Evo called a Legend. Generation and generation of raw power my friend.

j_nizzle
02-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Terry, I understand the Mazda 3 much more than I understand the Mazdaspeed 6 vs. the BMW, primarily because of the price. You are absolutely right. When the Mazdaspeed 6 costs damn near $35K, it's not worth it. I'd pop for a TL if I wanted comfort/luxury or an Evo MR for performance.

the TL is a fkn sweet car!!! the navi model has just about everything you could ask for in a luxury car...it's fwd, but who cares? for those who have one or driven one, it's hands down one of the nicest and most affordable luxury cars out now...

Terry S
02-28-2006, 05:42 PM

Holy crap. I thought the mazdaspeed 6 was under 28k? I wholeheartedly agree with the TL/MR statement if they're selling for that much!

Oh and did you know you can get an S40 up to the price of 36k? Tack on the Turbo, AWD, traction control & Navigation and your at the same price as an MR. :idiot2:

Terry S

Chris in SD
02-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Hell, a loaded Audi A3 costs almost $40K and you can spec a 2.0T Audi A4 OVER $40K... for about $7K more, you can get an S4 like mine. Silly money... What I can't figure out is how people can justify spending $70+K on a Cayman S. If you option it up to be super-pimp, it's over $90K... for a hardtop Boxster!! When you do the math on cars like that, it makes it more reasonable for me to justify $120K for the Aston. $30K over a Cayman S for an Aston Martin sounds like a deal in my book.

I hope Nissan/Infiniti doesn't follow this crazy trend when they release the next GT-R. The latest price estimate I've read is $85K. :-o

Terry S
03-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Hell, a loaded Audi A3 costs almost $40K and you can spec a 2.0T Audi A4 OVER $40K... for about $7K more, you can get an S4 like mine. Silly money... What I can't figure out is how people can justify spending $70+K on a Cayman S. If you option it up to be super-pimp, it's over $90K... for a hardtop Boxster!! When you do the math on cars like that, it makes it more reasonable for me to justify $120K for the Aston. $30K over a Cayman S for an Aston Martin sounds like a deal in my book.

I hope Nissan/Infiniti doesn't follow this crazy trend when they release the next GT-R. The latest price estimate I've read is $85K. :-o

Yea, a 90k Cayman is going way overboard. And getting an Aston for $120k is definitely not bad for that sexi piece of machinery.

Oh and I totally believe the price for the GT-R. The whole time, they've been saying the target audience is the Porsche 911 crowd. So why wouldn't they just produce a GT-R about as capable as the new 997tt but price it $30k less? But I wonder if ~$30k under the 997 is enough for people to justify buying an infinity over a porsche...

Terry S

gofaster87
03-01-2006, 01:59 PM
not even close bro. there's a reason why the Evo called a Legend. Generation and generation of raw power my friend.

Thats the funniest thing Ive ever heard. I dont know what world youre living in but a car with under 300 hp isnt really considered raw power especially since it has forced induction. The Evo is a legend in one motorsports event that I know of and it doesnt even compete anymore. Its a great car but lets not get overboard.

C-Spec
03-01-2006, 02:17 PM

Thats the funniest thing Ive ever heard. I dont know what world youre living in but a car with under 300 hp isnt really considered raw power especially since it has forced induction. The Evo is a legend in one motorsports event that I know of and it doesnt even compete anymore. Its a great car but lets not get overboard.

sure what ever you want it to be.*

Absinthe
03-01-2006, 02:37 PM

Sam dont even both with this one, he's one of those people...

gofaster87
03-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Comments cleared I misunderstood his sentence.

gofaster87
03-01-2006, 02:43 PM

EVO Neil
03-01-2006, 03:20 PM
I mildly cleaned up several posts on this thread. Please get back on topic, keep it clean, and act like grown-ups.

C-Spec
03-01-2006, 03:26 PM
:-)