PDA

View Full Version : Best sushi in Bev. Hills, Malibu, west LA?

Absinthe
02-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Price is no object a vendor of mine wants to go....

Skiracer
02-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Yamashiro or Sushi Roku in Santa Monica.

BUDLoNG
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM
this is by far the best sushi i have had in the US.
Kazu Sushi
(818) 763-4836
11440 Ventura Blvd Ste 106
Studio City, CA 91604

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Crazy Fish on Wilshire!

tama_mog
02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Hands down the best sushi in the LA area has to be Sushi Gen in Little Tokyo. In Beverly Hills you can always hit up Matsuhisa but the atmosphere is lacking there....the food is good but can be better in my opinion (sushi wise).

Skiracer
02-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Yamashiro or Sushi Roku in Santa Monica.

Sushi Roku has a very trendy environment since its owned by Boa Steakhouse in Santa Monica (Both on Ocean Avenue) and the sushi is decent. Since you're taking out a client, i think you should also focus on the ambience.

Terry S
02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I've heard very good things about Yamashiro as well. My wife and her friends have gone several times and always seem to have a good time and get great sushi.

Terry S

ANTHONY
02-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Place in Pasadena called sushi of Naples really good but pricey!!!

Stuff
02-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Crazy Fish on Wilshire!

Crazy Fish is on Olympic isn't it? (And Doheny, in Beverly Hills) It's got a cheezy name, but it's damn good sushi. :) Not really the traditional type of place though...

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Is it? LOL well Still my vote goes for Crazy Fish!!!!

Stuff
02-16-2006, 03:21 PM

Hehehe, yeah, it is. :)

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/114153/

If you haven't tried the Sashimi Tempura Roll or the Kinta Roll, you gotta try 'em next time you go. O0

toku-one
02-16-2006, 03:32 PM
my fav is sushi dans in studio city.
but thats not the location you asked for

apexstrafer
02-16-2006, 03:35 PM
everyone praises crazy fish but I got sick there once and never went back. plus, it's a cramped little place with little or no atmosphere. I don't see what the big deal is.

hama sushi at the abbot kinney circle in venice is great, but their sake selection is a bit lacking.

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 03:42 PM

Hehehe, yeah, it is.* :)

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/114153/

If you haven't tried the Sashimi Tempura Roll or the Kinta Roll, you gotta try 'em next time you go.* O0

I've tried em both! Good stuff .. uhh hmm "STUFF"! LOL :2funny:

airforce1
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
I have had the best sushi in places like the fish markets in Japan and Korea, both really good. Yamashiro is for wannabee sushi eaters....its the ambience they really sell. The place to go is Mtsuhisa across the street from Lawry's Prime rib, near La Cienega and Wilshire. Fish is ALWAYS fresh, literally melts in your mouth. Ambience? Yeah, a little crowded but you get to see stars like Naomi Watts.

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 05:49 PM
... ^^^ LOL @ the first line ^^^ ... I'm sure if we all had the oppourtunity to go to Japan or Korea for sushi it would be pretty fresh/good lol ...

seskysang
02-17-2006, 05:48 AM
i know yoo said price doesnt matter, but for the peepo interested sushi mac in santa monica is the best place for sushi on a budget. every plate is $2.50!!!! pretty small place though. and must be able to handle being around BROKE UCLA students because of the price

Skiracer
02-17-2006, 07:07 AM
If you're taking out a business client, i don't think being around a bunch of college students would be appropriate.

tama_mog
02-17-2006, 10:16 AM
I have had the best sushi in places like the fish markets in Japan and Korea, both really good. Yamashiro is for wannabee sushi eaters....its the ambience they really sell. The place to go is Mtsuhisa across the street from Lawry's Prime rib, near La Cienega and Wilshire. Fish is ALWAYS fresh, literally melts in your mouth. Ambience? Yeah, a little crowded but you get to see stars like Naomi Watts.

If you think Matsuhisa is good, then you should try Sushi Gen, it's tons better and slightly less pricey than Matsuhisa.* I've had great sushi in all markets as well outside of US.* I don't like the fact a couple of these places people are recommending serve crap like Rainbow Roll or Catepillar Roll.....apparently there is some confusion of what sushi really is.

I forget to add...Matsuhisa is good but not true authentic sushi place.....they do have decent sushi but I walked away feeling that there is definitely some French fusion going on there.

Absinthe
02-17-2006, 10:27 AM
One of my firends mentioned Koi? since these guys aren't from LA anyone think it might be worthwhile giving them a real flavor of the town.

Terry S
02-17-2006, 10:39 AM
One of my firends mentioned Koi? since these guys aren't from LA anyone think it might be worthwhile giving them a real flavor of the town.

Drop them off on the side of the road a few blocks from the convention center. That's about as honest about LA you can get. ;)

Terry S

alex_alex
02-17-2006, 10:53 AM
i know yoo said price doesnt matter, but for the peepo interested sushi mac in santa monica is the best place for sushi on a budget. every plate is $2.50!!!! pretty small place though. and must be able to handle being around BROKE UCLA students because of the price

there is no sushi mac in santa monica.

there is one in West LA, one in Van Nuys, and one in Beverly Hills

Absinthe
02-17-2006, 11:11 AM

Drop them off on the side of the road a few blocks from the convention center. That's about as honest about LA you can get. ;)

Terry S

true that

Strider
02-17-2006, 05:18 PM
If you guys ever find yourself in the central California area, drop me a line. We have a GREAT sushi place here in Visalia, of all places. :D

evotistic
02-17-2006, 05:22 PM
If you guys ever find yourself in the central California area, drop me a line. We have a GREAT sushi place here in Visalia, of all places. :D

WHATS UP STRIDER! Its Brandon.....i'll have to take you up on that sushi offer...

Strider
02-17-2006, 05:39 PM

WHATS UP STRIDER! Its Brandon.....i'll have to take you up on that sushi offer...

Hey Brandon! I know the owner too, so I am always taken care of there. ;) You and Lei are always welcome up here! :)

One Evo Pinay
02-17-2006, 09:17 PM
all i can tell ya is dont go to the sushi place off sawtelle/la grange