PDA

View Full Version : Need stock advice

SpdyEvo02
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
I am looking into investing some money and i was wondering if anyone here works in the stock market and would have some advice as to what would be a good invest meant. thanks in advance

DTunedEvoX
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Practice with those free online trade games .... Those are awesome ..

Skiracer
02-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Buy low, sell high !! O0

silvery_eagle
02-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Google is going very strong! if you can afford it, which i can't
other than that, look at the company's overall performance, it's chart etc...
it should tell you a rough idea of how the company is doing.
if you're looking at long term... mutual fund

Skiracer
02-16-2006, 12:20 PM
On a more serious note, if you're a newbie investor i wouldn't recommend individual stocks. *Mutual funds would be more suitable. *Check out www.vanguard.com * click on link for PERSONAL INVESTORS, then click on link for PLANNING AND EDUCATION for some basics...

ultraflip
02-16-2006, 01:10 PM
On a more serious note, if you're a newbie investor i wouldn't recommend individual stocks. Mutual funds would be more suitable. Check out www.vanguard.com click on link for PERSONAL INVESTORS, then click on link for PLANNING AND EDUCATION for some basics...

+1... skiracer sounds like he knows what's up... to add on to it... i myself play with stocks... but then again... i have a financial advisor as well that ''coaches" me with my decisions...

KRS333
02-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I have thought of this as well but where do you start? How much do you have to invest?

toku-one
02-16-2006, 03:36 PM
if youve got some money id go with canadian oil...
eca, nxy, cnq, su

supposedly will be jumping up 40% in the next 18 months

One Evo Pinay
02-16-2006, 11:37 PM
had a friend who invested a LOTTTT of money in Travel Zoo stock little while ago, stock zoomed straight up and he made bank, cashed out for the most part...however few of his coworkers felt like they could make more cash, stayed in...and as most people who watch the stock market know tzoo crashed lol...stock went from almost 80+ bucks a share to under 30 bucks a share in just a few months

rammsteinmatt
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
had a friend who invested a LOTTTT of money in Travel Zoo stock little while ago, stock zoomed straight up and he made bank, cashed out for the most part...however few of his coworkers felt like they could make more cash, stayed in...and as most people who watch the stock market know tzoo crashed lol...stock went from almost 80+ bucks a share to under 30 bucks a share in just a few months

sounds like insider trading to me