PDA

View Full Version : Lurker coming out

x[corwyn]
02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
I am a long time car enthusiast, owned a GS-T Eclipse, spent the last few years riding motorcycles, and my roommate owns a 2003 EVO that I help him work on and get to drive on occasion.

this last year I had a lady pull a left hander in front of me, totalled my new 2005 ZX6R and decided that for a while I'm going to tone it down on bikes for a bit, and get back into my passion for cars.

A few years back my roommate had his eclipse which I always gave him shit for having a vaginamatic. Well he decided he wanted a sports car, and to have a stickshift this time. Lucky me got to go with him to do the test driving. At that time everyone was marking up the EVOs, including HB mitsubishi, at ridiculous amounts.

We test drove the 350z, looked at a few others, test drove the STi, and then for shits and grins we went to South Coast Mitsubishi to look at the EVO one last time. The owner came over to us and told us he would give a good deal. My roommate wanted a test drive (YAY I get to drive another cool car), so the dealer pulls the wrappings off of a white one, and I give a it a good goosing around the same areas I took the STi. The EVO was just incredible. I fell in love with that car at that point....and I had driven quite a few interesting cars before then. Nothing was so much fun and so accessible as that car had been. It was right up there with when I drove that first RUF Porsche as far as fun factor.

We got back and the owner offered up $500 over invoice. My roommate bought it and has been doing minor mods, which for christmas I'll buy a part or something to contribute to the cause. I do a lot of reading here, and evolutionm.net, and a few other boards I pop on. Also we know Eric at XS engineering who has done a great job to my roommate's EVO.

Well last week I decided I am getting an EVO for myself. My roommate, his cousin(who owns a 2005 MR), and I all went up to GMR last saturday night. This canyon area I have driven a lot on motorcycles, and once in a while in a car. I went through there faster than I had on a bike. It was every bit as fun as being on a bike. Even though I can't split lanes with it, my commute is much smaller than it used to be so its time to start building up my own EVO. Now we are starting to plan out track days.

Right now I am debating which EVO to get, anywhere from a new MR to a used RS. Went by HB Mitsubishi....The urge to buy was strong, but I want a Downpayment that will make the payments bearable...so I can get mods easily.

Blaze
02-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Welcome home.

Terry S
02-17-2006, 11:30 AM
That is just about the best newbie intro i've ever read here.

Try to get financing on your own before buying and you'll save alot on the monthly payments.

Oh and..

Welcome home.

+1

Terry S

SpdyEvo02
02-17-2006, 12:19 PM
welcome

silvery_eagle
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
welcome! for dedicated track personally i would recommend RS.
it's lighter, and doesn't have much extra stuff you dont need as a track car.

Dmoney
02-17-2006, 01:00 PM
]
I am a long time car enthusiast, owned a GS-T Eclipse, spent the last few years riding motorcycles, and my roommate owns a 2003 EVO that I help him work on and get to drive on occasion.

this last year I had a lady pull a left hander in front of me, totalled my new 2005 ZX6R and decided that for a while I'm going to tone it down on bikes for a bit, and get back into my passion for cars.

A few years back my roommate had his eclipse which I always gave him shit for having a vaginamatic. Well he decided he wanted a sports car, and to have a stickshift this time. Lucky me got to go with him to do the test driving. At that time everyone was marking up the EVOs, including HB mitsubishi, at ridiculous amounts.

We test drove the 350z, looked at a few others, test drove the STi, and then for shits and grins we went to South Coast Mitsubishi to look at the EVO one last time. The owner came over to us and told us he would give a good deal. My roommate wanted a test drive (YAY I get to drive another cool car), so the dealer pulls the wrappings off of a white one, and I give a it a good goosing around the same areas I took the STi. The EVO was just incredible. I fell in love with that car at that point....and I had driven quite a few interesting cars before then. Nothing was so much fun and so accessible as that car had been. It was right up there with when I drove that first RUF Porsche as far as fun factor.

We got back and the owner offered up $500 over invoice. My roommate bought it and has been doing minor mods, which for christmas I'll buy a part or something to contribute to the cause. I do a lot of reading here, and evolutionm.net, and a few other boards I pop on. Also we know Eric at XS engineering who has done a great job to my roommate's EVO.

Well last week I decided I am getting an EVO for myself. My roommate, his cousin(who owns a 2005 MR), and I all went up to GMR last saturday night. This canyon area I have driven a lot on motorcycles, and once in a while in a car. I went through there faster than I had on a bike. It was every bit as fun as being on a bike. Even though I can't split lanes with it, my commute is much smaller than it used to be so its time to start building up my own EVO. Now we are starting to plan out track days.

Right now I am debating which EVO to get, anywhere from a new MR to a used RS. Went by HB Mitsubishi....The urge to buy was strong, but I want a Downpayment that will make the payments bearable...so I can get mods easily.

Test drive both of the cars. You will see a Big difference between the two. Most obvious is the ride comfort with the MR as opposed to the stiffer RS supsension as you feel every bump in the road. But the RS is very nimble with its low weight distribution and lower center of gravity. I love both cars. I just wish i had a radio in my RS LOL

DoCoMo
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
if that rs is truely ur daily driver you will end up puting a stereo in

[p]dOG.
02-17-2006, 02:06 PM
or a boom box belted down in the back :D

[p]dOG.
02-17-2006, 02:08 PM
welcome aboard ! :mitsu:

x[corwyn]
02-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Gonna try to drag my roommate over to the next meet.

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2006, 02:31 AM
welcome!!

Bueller
03-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Welcome...which meets you goin to?

x[corwyn]
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
We are gonna try to hit up the OC meet on harbor. Keep trying to go, but this past weekend we found out that our association was having our units tented, so we had to get our asses in gear and get the place ready. Sucks. Gonna try for this friday.