PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged M3, ala the standard cocky bmw driver (sorry dave ;)), anyone? ?

alex_alex
02-18-2006, 06:20 PM
just starting shit as usual

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3970703&posted=1#post3970703

j_nizzle
02-18-2006, 06:27 PM
what do you expect? we have members like that in this forum *cough* THUGLINE!!! *cough* it happens. let it go.

C-Spec
02-18-2006, 07:10 PM
what do you expect? we have members like that in this forum *cough* THUGLINE!!! *cough* it happens. let it go.

oh Snap.* Are* you sure it was Thugline and not THUGLIES ?? :2funny: :D

silvery_eagle
02-18-2006, 07:45 PM
pretty nice post from Yin Lun ...
the rest of the reply is shit from that forum lol

I read that forum, that's my post. A stage 1 srt4 isn't that much faster than a stock srt4. Not to mention my friend in the M3 is a really good driver (as much as I hate to admit it) I've never seen a stock srt4 put up against a stock m3, but I think it would be a good race, at least from what I saw on a stage 1. But that's not the point, it was just to throw another one into the mix.

srt4 vs e36..not sure. I've only seen a stock e36 go up against a slightly modded e46 330ci, that was a drivers race. A e36 m3 vs a stock supra..not a chance, and a e36 m3 vs a stock s60r..again not a chance.

Yes I own a AWD, but I also own a FWd and a RWD. I've been through more cars than most people will go through in a lifetime. There's advantages and disadvantages to each. I'm realistic about what my car can and can't do. My S60R was NOT going to beat a e46 M3. My stealth in stock form gives the e46M3 a good run for it's money, but it will lose. But seeing on this forum how an e46 M3 will "kill" "whoop" "stomp" cars like evo's stis etc. now that's bull. Will it beat it? Maybe. But it won't be a killing if they do. Those words define winning by a significant margin. Edging him out by 1/2 a car or heck even 3/4 car, that is a good race. That is a drivers race. And even if he was further back, that's still a driver's race. One bad shift can set you back a car length.

And I find it hilarious that people are making comments like "M3=panty dropper" that's great, but the original post was whether or not a stock M3 would take a modded evo. Being a panty dropper has nothing to do with the performance of the car. But hey if that's why you like your car then that's fine. The question of which car is better is subjective and will be different depending on the person. That I acknowledge, and that I respect.

I'm sure the M3 is not the first car you have owned. Do you not remember your previous cars? Did you not enjoy them? Were you not enthusiastic about them? Did you not try to mod them and keep up with faster cars? Call it a benchmark.

But now that you own a m3 that doesn't matter anymore. All of a sudden, panties are dropping, wins are sometimes exagerated, losses are due to some excuse and other owners are put down because they just simply couldn't understand without having an M3. But that's a shame, because you're no longer a car enthusiast. You don't enjoy the car, you enjoy the image the car gives you. You race just to say you beat someone. And regardless of the race outcome you want to make it seem like you're the ultimate winner. Oh, well he's got mods. (Who cares, did you enjoy racing him??) There's no appreciation and respect. I enjoy a good race, win or lose.

I don't see any one of my cars as being the best out there or being better than any one car. But there are aspects of each car that I enjoyed and was enthusiastic about. I bought the M3 because I enjoy driving it. I could care less that it IS a M3.
’92 Taurus ------------ ’01 Z3 3.0
’04 S60R -------------- ’90 Bronco
’93 MR2 --------------- ’02 R6
’02 Stratus R/T -------- ’02 MP5
’90 Miata -------------- ’93 SHO
’87 325es ------------- ’00 Cougar
’00 S40 --------------- ’95 Winstar

knuxevolution
02-18-2006, 09:29 PM
i didnt know people bought cars to get laid. i thought that was only on mtv? now really, who is immature? buying a car to see panties drop... what a joke.

gtkiller
02-18-2006, 11:46 PM
i didnt know people bought cars to get laid. i thought that was only on mtv? now really, who is immature? buying a car to see panties drop... what a joke.

No doubt man, thats a total joke!

bbar
02-19-2006, 04:11 AM
Someone should tell OCswedishM3 to bring his car out to the Thursday night OC Evo meet. I’ll shut him up.

rino
02-19-2006, 04:52 AM
he'll come up with an excuse not to go LOL

wj4
02-19-2006, 07:59 PM
he'll come up with an excuse not to go LOL

he'll go and hire a professional at photoshop to crop and edit to make him win the race!

tama_mog
02-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Truth is, there are @$$holes driving any cars..........whether it be a nice exotic (porsche, ferrari, whatever you want to add as rest) or a cheaper Honda Civic. And some people like to brag about beating this car and that car and this car and that car on the internet to make themsevles feel better for whatever reason. Someday though, when the cold reality hits them that truly no one gives a damn; then all of a sudden that little bubble they constructed comes crashing in and they realize they've done nothing with their lives except keep their car clean and running perfect in the garage. That day comes sooner for some people and later for others.

itsnino
02-21-2006, 10:15 AM
wtf, my car is not a panty dropper. dammit, i thought the big wing would do it! :2funny: