PDA

View Full Version : Willow Springs Big Track - March 8

Richard EVO
02-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Open Track Racing has another great Wednesday event on "fastest road in the West," the big track at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway. It's $145 or $150 if you pay by PayPal, which is a great deal. Only 3 run groups, and maybe an open session in the afternoon. All-you-can-eat lunch and event t-shirt are included. Sign ups are low at this point. I don't expect the event to be cancelled like the ACRA event on Feb. 22, because Kailo has told me he never cancels his events. Hope to see you there.

Go to http://www.opentrackracing.com to sign up. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/BigWillowMapwebsize.gif

Richard EVO
02-28-2006, 04:52 PM
bump

We were informed by Kailo yesterday that he only had 23 sign-ups, but that he will not cancel the event (unlike ACRA) -- he's just trying to minimize his losses.

The long term weather report looks good as of today (Feb. 28) -- why not come out and run the big track with Porsches, Corvettes, and you EVO bretheren? :D

Evo8supercar
03-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I most likely will come but with my CIVIC SI and this time Richard you have no excuse passing me.

Richard EVO
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Most of you missed a great event today. Everything went off without a hitch. Five 1/2 hour session plus a Sixth open session the last 1/2 hour of the day. 3 hours of blasting around the big track.

Jake was there in his Civic Si, new guy Ed who just got an EVO was there tracking his new car for the first time, and there was one other EVO, but I didn't know those guys.

These Open Track Racing events on Wed. at Big Willow are laid back, tons of fun, no pressure, etc. Lots of good peeps and no jerks. Hope we can bring a bigger EVO contingent next time. Mostly the cars are Porsches and Corvettes, so you'll have some serious competition. O0

Senshi
03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
i would love to make one of these but i currently have classes on wed, maybe in the future.

Muellerized...
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Most of you missed a great event today. Everything went off without a hitch. Five 1/2 hour session plus a Sixth open session the last 1/2 hour of the day. 3 hours of blasting around the big track.

Jake was there in his Civic Si, new guy Ed who just got an EVO was there tracking his new car for the first time, and there was one other EVO, but I didn't know those guys.

These Open Track Racing events on Wed. at Big Willow are laid back, tons of fun, no pressure, etc. Lots of good peeps and no jerks. Hope we can bring a bigger EVO contingent next time. Mostly the cars are Porsches and Corvettes, so you'll have some serious competition. O0

Wow, I would think one would hate evos a hell of a lot less after that kind of tracktime?

Terry S
03-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Wow, I would think one would hate evos a hell of a lot less after that kind of tracktime?

:2funny:

Terry S

Richard EVO
03-09-2006, 01:52 PM

About 20 more track days without a hiccup and I'll lose the t-shirt ;)

supdawg79
03-12-2006, 11:18 PM
How did this event

Do you race in actual events as well? This sounded like a fun day. Hope to be out to one of these soon...