PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Buttonwillow 2/25-26?

ChrisF
02-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Anyone going to this event?

Nobody X
02-27-2006, 11:47 PM
I was there on 2/26 in the Black Wingless Evo. Had an awesome day....seems that this event saw little interest from the norcalevo or socalevo guys. There were, what...4 or 5 Evos that showed, though?

silvery_eagle
02-28-2006, 01:09 AM
hey
at least u got 4 or 5 evo.. last year when i go there.. i was the only evo driver...
except 1 instructor who drives evo too :D

ChrisF
03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Fairly well run event. Unfortunately there were three folks who were introduced to Mr. Wall.

speedform
03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Fairly well run event. Unfortunately there were three folks who were introduced to Mr. Wall.

Seriously!? Who was running this event?

Richard EVO
03-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't think it's the event organizer's fault that a driver got overzealous and ending up making love to the pit wall. :D

speedform
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't think it's the event organizer's fault that a driver got overzealous and ending up making love to the pit wall. :D

He said three drivers touched the wall. Again, who's event was this?

Richard EVO
03-02-2006, 01:37 PM

I knew I would hear from you for that comment.* I said I didn't think it was ST USA's fault about the STi last year at Streets, and I don't think It's Speed Ventures fault for three cars hitting the wall last weekend.*

speedform
03-02-2006, 02:00 PM

I knew I would hear from you for that comment. I said I didn't think it was ST USA's fault about the STi last year at Streets, and I don't think It's Speed Ventures fault for three cars hitting the wall last weekend.

lol......couldn't resist. Your right, it's not Speedventures fault. Aaron puts on a pretty show.
You can only teach these clowns ( I use that term lovingly) so much (assuming they were taught) before you let them loose and hope they can figure the rest out on their own.

Richard EVO
03-02-2006, 02:03 PM
One of the three cars was a Radical SR8.* I wasn't there and have only seen the picture afterward, but it looks like he went airborne. Undoubtedly driver error. * :-o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/RadicalcrashButtonwillowSV.jpg

speedform
03-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Damn! That's ugly. Looks like it's just after the S bends. How the heck did he manage that! Nice car though. I've always wanted to drive one.
Hope the driver was ok.

Absinthe
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Damn! That's ugly. Looks like it's just after the S bends. How the heck did he manage that! Nice car though. I've always wanted to drive one.
Hope the driver was ok.

if he was running the way I think he was i have done the same thing right there (minus hitting the tower) came out of the SS to hot car pushed wide late in a session on hot tires and dropped the passenger side tires off spinning the car, i missed the tower becaause I was going street car speed, at radical speed I would have wound up in the same place.

Richard dont you know Mr.Wall at buttonwillow?

Richard EVO
03-02-2006, 03:44 PM

Sadly, I speak with great authority about Mr. Wall.* In fact, he was quite rude to my 2003 Nissan 350Z Track.* :-P* *But I certainly don't blame the Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic for that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/350Zsideabovecropped.jpg

Absinthe
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM

Sadly, I speak with great authority about Mr. Wall. In fact, he was quite rude to my 2003 Nissan 350Z Track. :-P But I certainly don't blame the Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic for that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/350Zsideabovecropped.jpg

It can be a rough track in general, I have had pretty good "oopses" where that radical did and in sunset, fortunately power-on understeer kept me away from that wall.

ChrisF
03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, having been there that day, I can definitely say it was not the organizers fault (Speedventures). Overall Aaron ran a pretty good event. Thank god none of the three drivers were hurt. My only possible criticism was that there were a few cars who were repeatedly spinning out, some even in the same corner in the same session. To me, if you spin a few times in the same place, someone should pull you off and have a quick "chat". As much as I love tracking, I would prefer to err on the conservative side of things. But that's just me. I would definitely run with them again. Oh, and the pit crew had the crashed radical back together by the end of the day. They two other cars...well, I'm guessing they may never be fully back together.