PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make N. American Road Racing

C-Spec
02-22-2006, 12:06 PM
* Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Debut in SPEED GT* *
Competing in the 2006 SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT Championship, the Nissan Skyline GT-R, “Godzilla,” will make its North American Road Racing debut March 15-17 at Sebring International Raceway. (Courtesy of Giovanni Castello, MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (Feb. 15, 2006) – Bringing the Nissan Skyline GT-R to a North American road racing series for the first time ever, AutomotiveForums.com has announced its entry into the 2006 SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge GT Championship.* The team, based in the Los Angeles area, is preparing to make its debut March 15-17 at Sebring International Raceway, in Sebring, Fla., where SPEED World Challenge will begin its 17th season.* The Skyline GT-R is a front-engine, all-wheel drive, two-door coupe, and with deep technical support from Skyline GT-R teams from both Japan and around the world.*

http://files.automotiveforums.com/images/gtrfront_full.jpghttp://files.automotiveforums.com/images/gtrback_full.jpg

Blaze
02-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Looks like a legend in motion.

chuckdashi
02-22-2006, 12:24 PM
nice ride

silvery_eagle
02-22-2006, 12:28 PM
oh snaps... RRC evo finally get some good competition :D

Ricardon
02-22-2006, 12:30 PM
The GTR is the most sexy car on the planet.

One question though.

What happens when they wreck it? (not wishing that on this team, but seriously...how many cars do they have/can they get if they ball it up?)

Ricardon
02-22-2006, 12:33 PM
bringing the Skyline over Japan will take over american racing for long time. Imagine, seeing Dale Earnhart Jr. driving an Skyline.

This is about the most retarded statement I've ever seen on a forum. I mean, Thugline...that's bad even coming from you bro!

thugline
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Relax bro, it's imagination and a Joke. Got Damn!

C-Spec
02-22-2006, 12:41 PM
bringing the Skyline over Japan will take over american racing for long time. Imagine, seeing Dale Earnhart Jr. driving an Skyline.

This is about the most retarded statement I've ever seen on a forum. I mean, Thugline...that's bad even coming from you bro!

haha :2funny: :D

Blaze
02-22-2006, 12:42 PM

One question though.

What happens when they wreck it? (not wishing that on this team, but seriously...how many cars do they have/can they get if they ball it up?)

I'm sure they have a few spare cars laying in wait.

During last years JGTC event, I believe GT Motorsports was contracted to build a few "extra" team cars and keep them in storage.

indianevodriver
02-22-2006, 12:43 PM
It's about time! The americans won't know what hit 'em until they see the Skylezzy passin them up for shezzy.

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12257/jollygreen.jpg

thugline
02-22-2006, 12:44 PM

What are you laughing @ foo!

thugline
02-22-2006, 12:48 PM
It's about time! The americans won't know what hit 'em until they see the Skylezzy passin them up for shezzy.

That pic of the green giant is funny but that pic of that indian dude on your avaitor is comedy.

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12257/jollygreen.jpg

C-Spec
02-22-2006, 12:48 PM

What are you laughing @ foo!

at you :uglystupid2:

Ricardon
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
The wholezizzle fo shizzle stuffizzle isizzle sozizzle lastizzle yearzizzle, and isizzle justizzle asizzle annoyingizzle asizzle everzizzle.

Ricardon
02-22-2006, 01:00 PM

One question though.

I'm sure they have a few spare cars laying in wait.

During last years JGTC event, I believe GT Motorsports was contracted to build a few "extra" team cars and keep them in storage.

Yeah, I would definitely expect that they would have backup cars/replacement parts. The OP almost read like it was a private owner entering his car through a motorsports organization though. Like, "WEWT I got a skyline and Imma go racing!!!" It'll be interesting to see how they do because the GTR is a good package.

Senshi
02-22-2006, 04:12 PM
congrats to my friend igor for getting this thing done. i think they will acctually be running 2 cars. the problem is the skyline is pritty old already and going up against the new vipers and corvettes i'd be impressed if it can acctually run competitevly.

silvery_eagle
02-22-2006, 04:25 PM
why dont they get 350Z GT car instead.. it's beating GTR left and right on JGTC now

DTunedEvoX
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Charlie - look @ that link through www.gizoogle.com lol

Or should I say C-Spizzle ..

Senshi
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM
why dont they get 350Z GT car instead.. it's beating GTR left and right on JGTC now

the guy whos entering the cars is a huge fan of the skyline GTR

rammsteinmatt
02-22-2006, 04:53 PM
is it me or do those pictures look like really bad Pshops?

the rear differenetial scanned and imported from SCC's report on the Z-tune, graphics that seem to be added in
Pshop, a license plate in front of the IC............

gen4k20a2
02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
very true....really bad photoshopping

Macky
02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
if i hadnt seen it before, those two photos are really bad photoshopped versions of the Nismo R34 GTR S-Tune (I think) Limited Edition with 400hp.

SpoolinEvoVIII
02-23-2006, 08:21 AM
A bigger problem is that they are running against the factory GM CTS-V's. GM, with the help of Pratt & Miller (the Le Mans winning Corvette guys) have invested a lot of money into the CTS-V so they're pretty well sorted out. According to one of the SoCal Nissan SE-R members who works in the industry, initial testing at Sebring put the GT-R's at about 2 sec. a lap slower. I'd love to see these guys win but a privateer team with a limited budget against a factory GM squad doesn't look too promising.

Ricardon
02-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I'd love to see these guys win but a privateer team with a limited budget against a factory GM squad doesn't look too promising.

This is exactly what I was wondering. I would love to see the GTR kick ass simply because it might get some people fired up about the model/history of the model, and as we can see with other manufacturers...enthusiasm leads to support. I see it as a way to get some of the sexier cars over here to the US.

Terry S
02-23-2006, 11:19 AM
I'd love to see these guys win but a privateer team with a limited budget against a factory GM squad doesn't look too promising.

This is exactly what I was wondering. I would love to see the GTR kick ass simply because it might get some people fired up about the model/history of the model, and as we can see with other manufacturers...enthusiasm leads to support. I see it as a way to get some of the sexier cars over here to the US.

Don't worry, the California emissions board will do their best to keep them overseas regardless of public support. :crazy2:

Terry S

silvery_eagle
02-23-2006, 11:40 AM
2007 newer version of GTR might not be here in the USA too.. or at least it will be tuned down like our evo :D

rammsteinmatt
02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
2007 newer version of GTR might not be here in the USA too.. or at least it will be tuned down like our evo :D

wouldnt it be cool if they left out the AWD system. you know, like how we got shafted out of a S-AYC

Terry S
02-23-2006, 12:07 PM

wouldnt it be cool if they left out the AWD system. you know, like how we got shafted out of a S-AYC

Hahahahhaha! Well matt, if you really want the S-AYC experience you could always canibalize the SH system from an Acura RL...

Terry S

apexstrafer
02-23-2006, 03:52 PM
I dunno, I think it's a bad idea. running a privateer, un-sorted GTR against a factory GM squad in one of the most visible US road racing series, and summarily getting its ass spanked, will do the car's heritage and legendary status no favors. all you're going to hear is people/jackasses saying "I told you the skyline was overrated!" either get the effort backed by nissan and go kick everyone's asses or don't do it at all.

Terry S
02-23-2006, 04:20 PM
I dunno, I think it's a bad idea. running a privateer, un-sorted GTR against a factory GM squad in one of the most visible US road racing series, and summarily getting its ass spanked, will do the car's heritage and legendary status no favors. all you're going to hear is people/jackasses saying "I told you the skyline was overrated!" either get the effort backed by nissan and go kick everyone's asses or don't do it at all.

Isn't Nissan already backing a couple Spec-V's?

Terry S

silvery_eagle
02-23-2006, 04:20 PM
lol, well... the privateers only need to win once to shut all the jack asses up

SpoolinEvoVIII
02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Nope. Nissan only raced the Spec V in the Touring Car class for a couple of seasons. They've since pulled their backing and the team, Real Time Racing, is back to just running Acura TSX's and RSX's.

As for the GTR, it supposedly has some help from a couple of Japanese teams so hopefully it won't be that un-sorted. The driver is also supposed to be pretty good.

Senshi
02-23-2006, 05:07 PM

As i said before the guy who's running the team is just a big fan of the skyline and i think he just really wants to race it. But i really dont think he picked the right series to run it in. But maybe he'll be able to get the support from nissan to continue racing the new skyline in the US when it comes out.

GOOSE_Ej
02-23-2006, 06:22 PM
sweet... j/k

ahahah

photochopped like a mother trucker!!