PDA

View Full Version : Hooked on Driving - Buttonwillow Mar. 10

Richard EVO
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Has anyone here ever run with this group before? http://www.hookedondriving.com/category.cfm?category=1

They have Buttonwillow on Friday, March 10 and are running #13 CCW. The price is a little high at $240, but I've been itching to get back out there and I like running it CCW.

I'd like to hear a review if anyone knows these guys and how they run their events. Thanks.

speedform
03-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Has anyone here ever run with this group before? http://www.hookedondriving.com/category.cfm?category=1

They have Buttonwillow on Friday, March 10 and are running #13 CCW. The price is a little high at $240, but I've been itching to get back out there and I like running it CCW.

I'd like to hear a review if anyone knows these guys and how they run their events. Thanks.

Richard,

Is your car fixed and ready to run? (saw it at Mueller's shop a couple weeks ago).

Richard EVO
03-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to this one. I got an e-mail from the organizer that he expects sign ups to be low because it's a NorCal HPDE group and it's their first time at Buttonwillow. It's a one day event, so a lot of NorCal peeps might not want to make the long commute like they would for a 2-day event.

Yeah, $240 is a little high for Buttonwillow, but for lots of track time and what appears to be a well-organized group, and running CCW, I think I'm gonna go for it. Hope some other EVOs turn out too. :mitsu:

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Is your car fixed and ready to run? (saw it at Mueller's shop a couple weeks ago).

Yes, I ran Cal Speedway infield last weekend, and am looking to make it 4 track days in one week by running Big Willow Mar. 8 with Open Track Racing and this event at Buttonwillow on Mar. 10.

If you are interested in Buttonwillow this Friday, you can print the tech form off the Hooked on Driving website, and bring it with you with $240 cash (ouch).* That's what I'm planning to do if I can get the day off.* Should be not much traffic and a lot of track time.

Only 33 cars are signed up as of Mon. Mar. 6. :smitten:

speedform
03-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I'll probably be doing the NASA event this weekend at Cal. Speedway. The run half the oval, which is always fun.

Richard EVO
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I'll probably be doing the NASA event this weekend at Cal. Speedway. The run half the oval, which is always fun.

I really like running the Cal. Speedway ROVAL, but I have an extreme aversion to NASA, so I'll wait for the Speedventures event on the ROVAL in July.