PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone, I need your help....

Granny Shifter
03-03-2006, 12:28 AM
I love my evo and i want to mod the heck out of it. The car has so much potential, but cash is just hard to come by. I need a job. I want to work at either a car shop or electronics in the 909 area. If anyone can hit me up with info on any jobs it would be great. I can't even afford an exhaust right now. The thing is, I'm only 17 and it is hard for me to get a job. Thanks alot.

DTunedEvoX
03-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I think thats what life is lol ... Put your mind to something - do some research and I'm sure you'll be alright ...

Sell lemonade ... or something ...

P.S. Imagine if you made your own car payment ... And insurance ... btw - who pays for your gas? :idiot2:

j_nizzle
03-03-2006, 09:41 AM
I love my evo and i want to mod the heck out of it. The car has so much potential, but cash is just hard to come by. I need a job. I want to work at either a car shop or electronics in the 909 area. If anyone can hit me up with info on any jobs it would be great. I can't even afford an exhaust right now. The thing is, I'm only 17 and it is hard for me to get a job. Thanks alot.

a car shop will mostly not hire you unless you know how to install just about anything w/o them telling/showing you how...i know, because i've been there i've worked at a shop for 3 years (im 18 now)....work retail (food, things with tips) or if you're really into electronics, try circuit city, best buy, etc. good luck bro.

shadowist
03-03-2006, 09:57 AM
when i was 17 i was making most of my money working under the table at a cell phone accessory place at the mall, 7.25 under the table wasn't bad for a 17year old. i also made lots of money on ebay. try to do little small things here and there thatll make u quick money. in the end if you still have no money for mods, don't fret, at least you have an evo at 17.

G20
03-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Another choice is: Just keep your evo as the way it is for now and do your best at school then 4-5 years from now you can mod it as much as you want. The evo is already very quick stock.

j_nizzle
03-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Another choice is: Just keep your evo as the way it is for now and do your best at school then 4-5 years from now you can mod it as much as you want. The evo is already very quick stock.

listen to this guy....he can afford two of them!!!

Highrever
03-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Try Pepsi/coke/7-up they are always hiring merchendisers and i'm sure you could get something close to home. It's not the greatest job, but it's income and it's not fast food

Skiracer
03-03-2006, 09:42 PM
You can try UPS or FedEx. Its hard physical work, but at least you'll be in shape :P

wj4
03-03-2006, 10:43 PM
damn youre 17 and have an evo? i was still taking the bus at 17 lol.
anyways, i doubt any shops will hire u with u being so young. just apply to bestbuy or circuit city or other retail stores. and ps how high is your insurance on the car?

Granny Shifter
03-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I'm looking for a job in retail. The ebay thing sounds like a good idea. I got an evo cause the 0% financing going on. Worked out great for me. Insurance is under my dad, about $800 a year. Great insurance. Gas is under my parents, but they want me to support myself with gas. Working under the table, eh? My friends do that at a flower shop, maybe I'll look into that too.

Thero
03-03-2006, 11:18 PM
If anything try to work at a Starbucks because One they are everywhere, Two They have Good Benifits and Three because they hire young adults all the time.

Damn 17 and with a Evo? I had my Focus but was no where near being able to afford a Evo at that time. Lucky Guy O0

What part of the 909 are you from to? I'm from Lake Elsinore O0

Bills Evo
03-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Hey! At 17 I was working as a bus boy a the last supper. Job didn't last long and no tips but the health benefits were great. Bill

EvolvedMCC
03-04-2006, 12:14 AM
In n Out starts at $10 and hour. Not too shabby for fast food.

DTunedEvoX
03-04-2006, 12:38 AM
LOL ^ Bill's post ...

G20
03-04-2006, 10:19 PM

listen to this guy....he can afford two of them!!!

Thanks! It was actually speaking from my own experience. I was in a street gang, skipped high school, got into trouble with the law as a teen, working as bus boy, deliver newspaper, waiter... until enough is enough so I went to community college and get hook into computer science subject.

Those jobs mentioned above are good for temporary income while you're planning for better career / future. Education will help you plan better.

Stinji
03-04-2006, 11:44 PM
When I was your age.....paper or plastic? Get a job at Ralphs! easy promotions....union....Hell I was making 14.35 per hour by my senior year in high school!

Granny Shifter
03-05-2006, 12:29 PM
These all sound like good ideas. Do I just walk in and ask if they are hiring? I applied for Best Buy, Circuit City, and Comp USA. Comp USA said they were hiring, so i'm crossing my fingers. By the way, I live in the Loma Linda/Redlands/San Bernardino area.