PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Crash on PCH *Update*

ultraflip
03-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Investigation Into Ferrari Crash On PCH Delivers Twists, Turns

POSTED: 6:15 pm PST March 2, 2006
UPDATED: 7:08 pm PST March 2, 2006
LOS ANGELES -- The plot continued to thicken Thursday in the mystery surrounding the crash of a $1 million Ferrari on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, a sheriff's sergeant said.

Images

"It's like a James Bond story," said Sgt. Philip Brooks, of the Malibu/Lost Hills Station traffic detail. "But I just want to find out who was driving the Ferrari."

Brooks is heading up the investigation to find out if Stefan Eriksson, of Bel Air, was at the wheel of the red Ferrari Enzo when it crashed into a pole off Pacific Coast Highway on Feb. 21 at an estimated 160 mph.The impact caused the car to split in half and nearly disintegrate, but Eriksson suffered relatively minor injuries.A bloodied Eriksson was found in the passenger seat and told authorities that the driver was a German man named Dietrich who fled on foot into the Malibu hills.

"Yesterday, Eriksson came to the station with his attorney, David Eldon, and voluntarily provided a DNA sample taken with a mouth swab," Brooks said. "We want to see if his blood matches the blood in the Ferrari."Results are expected for a few weeks.The blood was found only on the driver's side of the car, not the passenger's side.On the advice of his attorney, Eriksson did not make a statement Wednesday.

After the crash, Eriksson told deputies examining the wreckage that he had been a passenger in the Ferrari and there was a street race with a Mercedes.Brooks said that Eriksson had told deputies of his friend Trevor, who was a passenger in the Mercedes.

"Based on the evidence, we don't believe there was a Mercedes or any race. There was a sole vehicle driving too fast on Pacific Coast Highway," Brooks said.He has not been able to prove that Eriksson was the driver of that Ferrari.But he said that "the plot thickened" as the investigation continued.

He said that Trevor -- he has a last name but is not releasing it -- said he was a friend of Eriksson and gave as his home address a boat slip in Marina del Rey.The boat in that slip was a $14 million yacht, maybe the biggest in the harbor. And the name of the registered owner is Carl Freer.

Eriksson's name was linked by several European newspapers, including the Guardian of London, to Freer for their involvement in the collapse of a prominent video game company in Sweden in which investors lost millions of dollars. Eriksson was reportedly sentenced to a long prison sentence in that case.

Another unnerving development -- Trevor was at the scene of the accident on PCH and asked a good Samaritan to use his cell phone to report the crash, Brooks said.

"An hour later the good Samaritan found a magazine to a 40 mm Glock which had been stuffed under the car seat and reported it to us," Brooks said.Brooks said the investigation also revealed that in September, Eriksson had brought two Ferrari Enzos into the country in San Diego -- one a red one and the other a black one. He also brought in a Mercedes SLR, a $600,000 vehicle.

Brooks said that the red Ferrari and the Mercedes have since been described as stolen, because the initial down payment on them was allegedly a fraudulent one through a company owned by Freer. Federal authorities said Freer and Eriksson have connections to the Swedish mafia. And then there's yet another wrinkle, Brooks said."At the scene of the accident, two associates of Eriksson showed up flashing badges from Homeland Security.

Obviously, at the time the deputies were overwhelmed and didn't check out the badges. Eriksson also produced a business card describing himself as a deputy police commissioner with the San Gabriel Valley Transit," he said.That entity is actually a privately owned security company, Brooks said. It consists of two vans used for paratransit working out of a garage across the street from the Monrovia Police Department.The badges were apparently issued by the paratransit company, Brooks said.

Trevor told the deputies that Eriksson was part of the agency's anti-terrorism forces and that he was working on new facial recognition software for Homeland Security, Brooks said.The sergeant said there was one additional piece of information.

The Ferrari company in Italy told Brooks it could fix the broken red Ferrari for a mere $200,000 to $300,000.Many people had been upset at the destruction of the $1 million Ferrari, which is regarded as one of the finest cars ever made.

Brooks said that if it is determined that Eriksson was indeed the Ferrari driver, the most with which he could be charged is possibly misdemeanor DUI and reckless driving, along with providing false information to authorities.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/7630545/detail.html

this story rocks!!! :coolsmiley:

silvery_eagle
03-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Brooks said the investigation also revealed that in September, Eriksson had brought two Ferrari Enzos into the country in San Diego -- one a red one and the other a black one. He also brought in a Mercedes SLR, a $600,000 vehicle.

what the FXXK!

looks like blaze's comment is coming true... only 1 guy is in the enzo.. and there's no race

kipper215
03-03-2006, 01:11 PM
now that's gangsta!

Ricardon
03-03-2006, 01:15 PM
This makes me sick to my stomach

Chris in SD
03-03-2006, 01:25 PM
He should have been virtual fishing... ;)

tommygun
03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
all i have to say is wtf ! how does one person have so much going on. all to make up a big story that he wasnt driving ! why ? and ... swedish mafia :idiot2: damn

DruMMinStUd06
03-03-2006, 01:58 PM
i wonder how much shit that guys really in...

DTunedEvoX
03-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Damn that is some movie type shiz .!

rino
03-04-2006, 01:24 PM
lol

Highrever
03-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I smell a script for 4 fast 4 furious

chuckdashi
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
god damn... that guy has too much money let me help him hide the black enzo....

DruMMinStUd06
03-08-2006, 07:49 AM
and the SLR!

Terry S
03-08-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari8mar08,0,3717162.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Here's a new article printed today about this story. It emphasises on the police department badges & transportation company.

Terry S

Miss Evo8
03-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Ikea Gangsters! :buck2:

Terry S
03-08-2006, 10:17 AM

HAHAHAHAH!

Terry S

Terry S
03-08-2006, 10:27 AM

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12768/Mobsters2.jpg

Terry S

thugline
03-08-2006, 10:47 AM
There is someone here on "Socalevo" that is connected to the sweedish mafia but I aint saying names. :2funny: J/K

Sir Lancer Lot
03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
What a cool story!

speedracer2169
03-13-2006, 12:33 PM
hey you're at 13 now huh

gofaster87
03-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Found out from a buddy that the owner of that car brought a couple of ferraris over from Europe to evade repo. The guy runs a company that builds a handheld gaming/gps device that had its stock tank overnight.

DruMMinStUd06
03-13-2006, 02:03 PM
a couple of enzos and an SLR too right? red and black enzo...thats what i read...

Terry S
03-28-2006, 09:15 AM
*Update 3/28/06*

Ferrari Owner Is Minus His Second Car
Stefan Eriksson's priceless Enzo was totaled in a crash last month. On Sunday, his very pricey Mercedes was impounded.
By David Pierson and Richard Winton, Times Staff Writers
March 28, 2006

Stefan Eriksson's famous exotic car collection keeps shrinking.

First, the former European videogame executive's rare Enzo Ferrari was destroyed in a mysterious crash Feb. 21 on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

Then, on Sunday, he lost his 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, valued at more than $400,000. Beverly Hills police confiscated the vehicle after Scotland Yard said the car might have been stolen.

The officers stopped Eriksson's wife, Nicole Persson, 33, about 2:30 p.m. on the corner of Beverly Drive and Wilshire Boulevard because an officer found the car's European license plate suspicious.

The officer then discovered that Persson lacked a driver's license and that the car was not registered in the United States.

"We contacted Scotland Yard and subsequently learned that the car was perhaps stolen" out of the United Kingdom, Lt. Mitch McCann said.

The entire incident was caught on tape by a 13-year-old exotic car buff who has filmed Eriksson's vehicles in the past.

Beverly Hills authorities said they didn't have details of the British police case.

But Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Phil Brooks said that an unidentified financial institution says it owns the Mercedes and that a financial institution in Scotland says it was the owner of the Enzo.

This leaves Eriksson with only one of the three exotic cars he imported to the United States late last year, Brooks said.

"He brought in through San Diego two Ferraris and the Mercedes and said they were show cars and that he was not going to drive them on the streets," Brooks said.

Last month's crash prompted both an accident investigation and a probe by the Sheriff's Department's Homeland Security Division.

Although no one was injured in the crash, the investigation has generated significant attention because of the strange circumstances and the fact that it destroyed one of only 400 Enzo Ferraris ever built.

Eriksson, who lives in a gated Bel-Air estate, told deputies who arrived at the scene that he was not the driver and that another man, named Dietrich, had been behind the wheel.

Eriksson said Dietrich fled the scene.

But detectives said they were skeptical of his version of events.

Investigators have taken a swab of Eriksson's saliva to match his DNA against blood found on the Ferrari's driver's-side air bag.

Eriksson also told deputies that he was a deputy commissioner of the police department of a tiny transit agency in the San Gabriel Valley.

A few minutes after the crash, two men arrived at the crash scene, identified themselves as homeland security officers and spoke to Eriksson at length before leaving.

According to Car & Driver magazine, the Mercedes SLR McLaren is capable to going 200 mph and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds.

The car didn't just capture the eye of Beverly Hills police.

Spyder Dobrofsky, a 13-year-old car enthusiast, happened to be at the scene of Sunday's traffic stop and switched on his camera.

The teenager has photographed cars in Eriksson's collection before and knew immediately that the McLaren was his.

"The car really stands out because of the British plate," Spyder said.

Spyder said Eriksson's wife was with a young child when she was pulled over.

On the tape, Spyder asks the tow truck operator called to remove the Mercedes where he's taking it.

The man jokes: "To my house."

Terry S

ultraflip
03-28-2006, 09:23 AM
pwned

Blaze
03-28-2006, 09:28 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that his wife just got caught in their Merc.... UK plates and no driver's license....

Terry S
03-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that his wife just got caught in their Merc.... UK plates and no driver's license....

Look up two posts.... ;)

Terry S

x[corwyn]
03-28-2006, 09:39 AM
It sucks that such asshats get such cool cars.

DruMMinStUd06
03-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Well I'm sure he wont have his other Enzo for long...

*chris*
03-28-2006, 12:25 PM
haha wth is going on here?!

kipper215
03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
like ICE-T said "You Played Ya Self!"

outlaw heart
04-11-2006, 05:03 PM
its said that enzos have went up 100k in value after all the drama and publicity.

sweet.

DruMMinStUd06
04-11-2006, 05:08 PM
If you guys havent heard, he's been arrested and his TWO Enzo's and his SLR McLaren have been impounded.

Link to Article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2127299,00.html)

silvery_eagle
04-12-2006, 09:19 AM
lol... time to go to the impound auction lot to get myself an enzo

sspeed
04-12-2006, 09:20 AM
If you guys havent heard, he's been arrested and his TWO Enzo's and his SLR McLaren have been impounded.

Link to Article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2127299,00.html)

Don't you mean 1 SLR and 1 Enzo with some additional slightly used spare parts??

DruMMinStUd06
04-12-2006, 10:44 AM
:2funny: O0

silvery_eagle
08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
new update
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari11aug11,0,3724040.story?coll=la-home-center

blkside
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Stupid fuck...

shaneyogo
08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, Stupid Enzo Drivers!

Mister
08-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow! More drama!!

Didnt think it would stretch this long!

wj4
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
They could've filmed the 2nd installment of Miami Vice based on this story.