PDA

View Full Version : today sucks

jevo
03-06-2006, 08:40 PM
walk out to my car at lunch and see a fatt ticket sitting on my winshield it is for my tint and not having liscense plate and for my taillights being blacked out but this is supper gay

R3dline
03-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Dang that really sucks. :police:

chuckdashi
03-06-2006, 08:43 PM
cops suck

nurb2
03-06-2006, 09:01 PM
You got ticketed while you were parked at work? Or where? That's fucked up though. I keep mine covered at work and garaged at home. Fuck cops.

-nurb2-

jevo
03-06-2006, 09:40 PM
na i was in my highschool parking lot parked in the lot and this bitch ass cop was just walking around and writing tickets left and right

[p]dOG.
03-06-2006, 09:44 PM
wow that's major BS

chuckdashi
03-06-2006, 11:17 PM
crazy

wirespeed
03-06-2006, 11:26 PM
theres a law for blacked out taillights...that sucks

hardcoreracing
03-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but the reason the cop was allowed to do this in a parking lot is because the high school is considered public property. If you were at work on private property I don't think the cop would be allowed to give you a ticket unless your car was actually moving or parked on a public road.

x[corwyn]
03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
High School and college lots are like that. Carry a car cover and a lock for it with ya. We had that happen on some of our bikes too, and wound up using a ratty old cover and locked the cover. What people can't see can't be tempted by...

But yea. Wish the cops would have the same enthusiasm for removing real crime, instead of worrying about the BS. If they put that much effort into it then there wouldn't be any thefts. of course there is no revenue in preventing real crime.

Terry S
03-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Yup, smoked tails are illegal.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Yup, smoked tails are illegal.

Terry S

actually the loop holes is that there has to be a red reflector clearly visible from 200 feet away. That's how the RX330 got away with the clear taillights cuz the bumper has the red reflectors.

oh and BTW I finally got my first ticket last night 72 in a 55 right when i was getting on Ortega. It was dark and drizzle at about 8:30 last night. He was at an angle hiding and when my radar detector picked him up it was too late. Probably was using a POP radar. But yeah TBD for me. Oh and he got me for tint too but he was a cool CHP cop which is rare

x[corwyn]
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Yea Ortega was fun... Not so much anymore. Most of my friends on bikes that like to rail through there have found other places...or they just go to the track now. ACH and GMR are pretty fun but ACH can be enforcement friendly also. 74 past the 15 and the 79 are really fun also. Every once in a while a small group of us in EVOs and a few other types of cars goes to GMR on saturday nights. Pretty cool import scene there going on late at night. Right now with the main entrance closed off there isn't too many enforcement types hanging out there....

speedracer2169
03-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I commute through ortega so it's always fun for me

Chris in SD
03-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Ortega was good until '03 when that M3 crashed and homie died...

x[corwyn]
03-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Ortega was good until '03 when that M3 crashed and homie died...

We had a number of our riders die in '02 and '03. To get a good turn going on some you have to be doing 100+. That makes for a very bad day if you mess up and go flying off the side. HINT: If it isn't bright orange with a 01 on the side, a confederate flag painted on top, and crazy hillbilly music playing, its probably a bad idea to get it airborne.

The carousels are fun though... One night I was leading a small group of 3 on our bikes at about 2am and coming off the 2nd carousel at a pretty good pace going back towards the 5, when this big ass Semi-truck starts railing through the carousel. I mean at full tilt...Surprised the hell outta me and scared me too.

The lookout is pretty damned funny to hang out at 2am also...Seen all kinds of crazy shit go on there. Saw a group of guys and girls there hanging out drinking and in sleeping bags going at it right there in the dirt.

909Evo
03-10-2006, 01:26 AM
]
of course there is no revenue in preventing real crime.

How are you supposed to prevent a crime? What, are you talking, minority report stuff? Its a cops job to enforce the law, and bring to court those who fail to uphold the law. They can't just walk around and be like "Ta-DOW" no one is gonna commit crimes!

darkevo
03-10-2006, 02:00 AM
actually the loop holes is that there has to be a red reflector clearly visible from 200 feet away. That's how the RX330 got away with the clear taillights cuz the bumper has the red reflectors.

oh and BTW I finally got my first ticket last night 72 in a 55 right when i was getting on Ortega. It was dark and drizzle at about 8:30 last night. He was at an angle hiding and when my radar detector picked him up it was too late. Probably was using a POP radar. But yeah TBD for me. Oh and he got me for tint too but he was a cool CHP cop which is rare

weak, I hope you get to traffic school for that.* I just got back from a friends on the 210/134, hit 130mph couple times when it was all clear....does your car get impounded if you're past 100+ and get caught?* :twisted:

hardcoreracing
03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
They might send you to the morgue class. That's where you get to see all the dead bodies which is supposed to make you think damn! that could be me, I'd better slow down...

x[corwyn]
03-10-2006, 10:26 AM
]
of course there is no revenue in preventing real crime.

How are you supposed to prevent a crime? What, are you talking, minority report stuff? Its a cops job to enforce the law, and bring to court those who fail to uphold the law. They can't just walk around and be like "Ta-DOW" no one is gonna commit crimes!

Where do cops camp out at? Places where there are speed traps, and are able to get tickets, or places where thefts occur?

hardcoreracing
03-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Within 10 feet of any Krispy Kremes

darkevo
03-10-2006, 10:37 AM
They might send you to the morgue class. That's where you get to see all the dead bodies which is supposed to make you think damn! that could be me, I'd better slow down...

Yeah, I have a serious lead foot problem, I'm a little better now since my college days, speed only on the freeway pretty much, before it was all the time everywhere..lol *Dark rear tint and the high spoiler *make it pretty hard to look for cops at night. *I also work at a hospital half the time and my office is right beside the morgue!! *Some people just don't learn!* *I'm sure my first EVO ticket will slow me down (none yet knock on wood), I just hope it's under 100mph! :uglystupid2:

hardcoreracing
03-10-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type. When you see me on the road I'm courteous to other drivers, never rev on other people, and drive slowly in parking lots and residential streets.

But when someone revs on me it's like someone just threw a wad of paper in the back of my head. I turn around like who the fck threw that? Time to :knuppel2:

Evolution.VIII
03-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I got pulled over today too.

South on the 241.

He pulled me over for not having my transponder properly displayed. Then he sited me for not having my rear plate (which hasn't shown up yet from the dmv) and on top of that for my tint. BS.

I've found someone who can sign off on my tint and those faggots get $10 unearned. But its my choice to keep the tint or remove it. What I'm considering is, leaving it and rolling my windows down whenever I roll through the toll gate where the popos sit. I like having the tint because I can survive without the AC more often and it makes the car look more sleek. Technically with my tint I'm saving the environment, using less fuel without the AC. Why can't they see it my way?

On a bright day you can see perfectly well into my car, but on a dark day with it being cloudy like i is with reflections from the sky on the windows it made them look a lot more dark.

So frustrating AND it made me late for work.

hardcoreracing
03-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Did you contrast your tint? I have limo dark on the back three and medium on the driver's and passengers side. So far I haven't received a ticket for it. I know it doesn't look as nice as a full same shade tint but we live in cali so we have to at least look like we're following the rules.

Miss Evo8
03-10-2006, 02:43 PM
:mitsu:

Evolution.VIII
03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
The front is lighter than the rear windows, but like I was saying, they just look darker on cloudy days.

darkevo
03-10-2006, 05:12 PM
(quote)* I've found someone who can sign off on my tint and those faggots get $10 unearned. But its my choice to keep the tint or remove it. What I'm considering is, leaving it and rolling my windows down whenever I roll through the toll gate where the popos sit. I like having the tint because I can survive without the AC more often and it makes the car look more sleek. Technically with my tint I'm saving the environment, using less fuel without the AC. Why can't they see it my way?

I agree with you.* Keep that tint signer handy, I might need him also down the road.* A couple of my used cars I have bought had tint on the front windows, I say the dealer should be required to remove it if illegal, same with not having the front license plate bracket installed.

I think the tint law is to protect cops so they can see you when approaching, while at the expense of us burning and using more A/C.* Lame!!!* I say we should tint the front windshield too!! (just not as dark)* * :-P

nurb2
03-10-2006, 05:51 PM

That sucks. Where on Ortega was he hiding? They usually stick to the same 4-5 spots, but if he got you he must have been somewhere new.

He probably hit you with instant on Ka. They are not allowed to issue tickets based on POP and there are no known POP guns in California right now.

-nurb2-

909Evo
03-10-2006, 05:56 PM
]
Where do cops camp out at? Places where there are speed traps, and are able to get tickets, or places where thefts occur?

First off, speed traps are illegal, prove it was a trap, and your ticket will get dismissed. Secondly, there is no such thing as a "known theft". We do things to catch people along the lines of where i think your headed...

Ever hear of the car that cops leave in a shady neighborhood with an undercover watching it? You see, after the car gets put in drive, a timer starts, after 10 seconds, the car shuts off and locks the doors. The undercover moves in, and makes an arrest for GTA.

Seriously, research some stuff first. And last I checked ... SPEEDING IS ILLEGAL! Its not the cop who wrote the law that you seem think is bogus. Its the cops job to enforce said law. Don't like the law? Try voting, you see, the only person there is to blame is YOURSELF. If you wouldn't have elected the politicians into place who decided to make a law with an established speedlimit, then you wouldn't be getting pulled over.

Cops do not interpret the law. They ENFORCE the law. If a cop intreprets the law, it will get dismissed in court, they can't just pull laws outta there ass and arrest you for it.

Lastly, try camping out in the ghetto. Even though it is IMPOSSIBLE to just assume a crime will happen in any give area, for the sake of a dumb argument we will try it. Guess what? The people will tell us to leave, they will say we are profiling, and tell us we are breaking the constitutional rights.

like i said, if you don't like the law, don't blame a cop, blame the law makers...

I think the tint law is to protect cops so they can see you when approaching, while at the expense of us burning and using more A/C. Lame!!! ! (just not as dark) :-P

Yea, your right, its for officer safety. If you think thats "Lame" then, hell, i don't think they care if they give you a ticket or not. :uglystupid2:

Evolution.VIII
03-10-2006, 06:12 PM
I was just making a stupid comment about the tint, don't take me so seriusly Tom!

I know the tint laws are there to protect the police. After he pulled me over I knew he would be apprehensive about approaching my window, so I rolled them down and kept my hands on the steering wheel where he could see them.

I'm just afraid of getting the ticket taken care of and then getting popped AGAIN by the same guy on the same route.

I agree that dealerships should not be allowed to sell cars without everything being legal.

I also did research on my exhaust since he made a comment on it. There are a lot of loop hole details concerning custom and modified exhausts. From what I read custom mufflers can be any size and any shape as long as they muffle the sound below 95 db. I called HKS and they assured me that the Hi-Power complies with CA law, smog and sound regs. So I need to get those documents and keep them in the car. It just sucks to get hastled when your staying within the limits of the law.

909Evo
03-10-2006, 06:56 PM
And just to let you know, while the noise threshhold is 95db, the VC states that any sound deemed "unusual, annoying or a distraction" is probable cause for a ticket, and "annoying" is entirely up to the officer's discretion.

In essence, even if your exhaust is perfectly legal, the cop has the right to pull you over for it. Its up to YOU to prove that it is under 95db, and that its not annoying. I know you get that, but I'm just saying this for everyone else pleasure.

x[corwyn]
03-13-2006, 11:17 AM
]

First off, speed traps are illegal, prove it was a trap, and your ticket will get dismissed. Secondly, there is no such thing as a "known theft". We do things to catch people along the lines of where i think your headed...

Ever hear of the car that cops leave in a shady neighborhood with an undercover watching it? You see, after the car gets put in drive, a timer starts, after 10 seconds, the car shuts off and locks the doors. The undercover moves in, and makes an arrest for GTA.

Seriously, research some stuff first. And last I checked ... SPEEDING IS ILLEGAL! Its not the cop who wrote the law that you seem think is bogus. Its the cops job to enforce said law. Don't like the law? Try voting, you see, the only person there is to blame is YOURSELF. If you wouldn't have elected the politicians into place who decided to make a law with an established speedlimit, then you wouldn't be getting pulled over.

Cops do not interpret the law. They ENFORCE the law. If a cop intreprets the law, it will get dismissed in court, they can't just pull laws outta there ass and arrest you for it.

Lastly, try camping out in the ghetto. Even though it is IMPOSSIBLE to just assume a crime will happen in any give area, for the sake of a dumb argument we will try it. Guess what? The people will tell us to leave, they will say we are profiling, and tell us we are breaking the constitutional rights.

like i said, if you don't like the law, don't blame a cop, blame the law makers...

I think the tint law is to protect cops so they can see you when approaching, while at the expense of us burning and using more A/C. Lame!!! ! (just not as dark) :-P

Yea, your right, its for officer safety. If you think thats "Lame" then, hell, i don't think they care if they give you a ticket or not. :uglystupid2:

I define a known theft spot where 3 or 4 motorcycles are stolen in a good neighborhood, locked up, in a 2 month period. Also my eclipse was broken into.

In that same area we had a known cop trap that is about half a block away all the time. When we had these thefts occur it took sometimes 4 hours for the cop to show up to take a report.

After numerous complaints instead of sending a patrol, they removed the speed trap. Eventually after a few years of bitching, they put an occasional patrol. At least thats what I heard. I wound up moving to a different area, just because of those thefts.

Also I live in HB. There is no mistaking their attitudes which is very us vs them. Serve and protect isn't the idealogy. If you happen to be reasonably young male, and have a halfway decent vehicle, then you are already guilty of something to them. I was in skateboard groups, motorcycle groups and car groups since about 1991 there. I have no desire to move from my long time home, and I pretty much accept it as a given that the cops around here are dicks, and to just walk softly when they are around. That doesn't mean I have any illusions though about what their main motivations are.

I kicked around the idea and I still do of being a cop. However there is no way I could have any self respect being a traffic cop. Not if it means working on the quota system (and we know they do) and profiling that they do.

Don't get me started about what I saw during the HB riots. The cops that did what they did there should have been put in jail for a long long time.

So yea...I guess maybe my attitudes are anti-cop, but they sure did what they could to make sure its that way.

speedracer2169
03-13-2006, 11:33 AM

That sucks. Where on Ortega was he hiding? They usually stick to the same 4-5 spots, but if he got you he must have been somewhere new.

He probably hit you with instant on Ka. They are not allowed to issue tickets based on POP and there are no known POP guns in California right now.

-nurb2-

it was ka instant on. He was right there on the intersection of Ortega and Antonio PKWY parked on side facing west on Ortega. Couldn't see him because of the rain and since it was darker than usual the visibility was real poor. It was a perfect trap. I didnt see him until he turned flashed his lights

909Evo
03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
]

I kicked around the idea and I still do of being a cop. However there is no way I could have any self respect being a traffic cop. Not if it means working on the quota system (and we know they do) and profiling that they do.

Yes I have no respect for Traffic either. And NO, there is NO qouta.

gofaster87
03-13-2006, 08:44 PM
No comment

Miss Evo8
03-13-2006, 09:36 PM
:mitsu:

Skiracer
03-13-2006, 09:42 PM
http://evakitty.evaair.com/index.htm

SpdyEvo02
03-15-2006, 12:14 AM
tom what is considered a "speed trap"

Evolution.VIII
03-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I got pulled over again In IRVINE today at lunch. Lucky me!

No plates
Tinted Windows

I told him I had just been pulled over Friday morning for the same things and that I was waiting for the ticket in the mail... Tomorrow my wife is going into the DMV to get the plate issue taken care of. Then I'm going to a good tint shop and getting the tint pulled.

The cop was a nice guy. I had a sketch in the front seat and he asked if I was an artist. Here is the funny part, he pulled me over after I waited for a lady and her little boy to get all the way across the sidewalk when I was making a left turn.

So far, thats 2x in less than 7 days...

hardcoreracing
03-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Couldn't have been that nice if he still gave you a ticket even though you were courteous to pedestrians.

Why don't you just get a razor blade and take the tint off yourself? Why do you have to pay extra to get the tint stripped off?

Evolution.VIII
03-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Is it really that simple? I'd hate to scratch up my window. If its $50 or less I'd rather pay someone experienced to do it in an hour or less with no mistakes.

hardcoreracing
03-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes, it's very simple. Save your $50 for future mods. I usually use the razor blade only to pry up the edges of the tint film. Once you get one of the edges pryed up, you pull on it and it's so thick that it normally comes off in one big piece. I then use a wet paper towel, wet the window, then use the razor blade to scrape the remaining glue off. Make sure you get all the remaining glue off the window before you try rolling down the power windows otherwise you risk damaging the power windows motor. Those are pretty expensive and you don't want to have to replace that.

909Evo
03-16-2006, 11:29 PM
tom what is considered a "speed trap"

(2) A "speed trap" is either of the following:

(A) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(B)

(i) A particular section of a highway or state highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within one of the following time periods, prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects:

(I) Except as specified in subclause (II), seven years.
(II) If an engineering and traffic survey was conducted more than seven years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and a registered engineer evaluates the section of the highway and determines that no significant changes in roadway or traffic conditions have occurred, including, but not limited to, changes in adjoining property or land use, roadway width, or traffic volume, 10 years.

(ii) This subparagraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.

909Evo
03-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Some light reading...

California

CALIFORNIA VEHICLE CODE SECTION:

40801. No peace officer or other person shall use a speed trap in arresting, or participating or assisting in the arrest of, any person for any alleged violation of this code nor shall any speed trap be used in securing evidence as to the speed of any vehicle for the purpose of an arrest or prosecution under this code.

40802. (a) A speed trap is either of the following:

(1) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(2) A particular section of a highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within five years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects. This paragraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.

(b)

(1) For purposes of this section, a local street or road is defined by the latest functional usage and federal-aid system maps submitted to the federal Highway Administration, except that when these maps have not been submitted, or when the street or road is not
shown on the maps, a "local street or road" means a street or road that primarily provides access to abutting residential property and meets the following three conditions:

(A) Roadway width of not more than 40 feet.

(B) Not more than one-half of a mile of uninterrupted length. Interruptions shall include official traffic control devices as defined in Section 445.

(C) Not more than one traffic lane in each direction.

(2) For purposes of this section "School zone" means that area of
road contiguous to a school building or the grounds thereof, and on
which is posted a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign, while children are
going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during
the noon recess period.

(c)

(1) When all the following criteria are met, paragraph (2) of this subdivision shall be applicable and subdivision (a) shall not be applicable:

(A) When radar is used, the officer issuing the citation has successfully completed a radar operator course of not less than 24 hours on the use of police traffic radar, and the course was approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

(B) When laser or any other electronic device is used to measure the speed of moving objects, the officer issuing the notice to appear has successfully completed the training required in subparagraph (A) and an additional training course of not less than two hours approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

(C)

(i) The prosecution proved that the officer complied with subparagraphs (A) and (B) and that an engineering and traffic survey has been conducted in accordance with subparagraph (B) of paragraph (2). The prosecution proved that, prior to the officer issuing the notice to appear, the officer established that the radar, laser, or other electronic device conformed to the requirements of subparagraph (D).

(ii) The prosecution proved the speed of the accused was unsafe for the conditions present at the time of alleged violation unless the citation was for a violation of Section 22349, 22356, or 22406.

(D) The radar, laser, or other electronic device used to measure the speed of the accused meets or exceeds the minimal operational standards of the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration, and has been calibrated within the three years prior to the date of the alleged violation by an independent certified laser or radar repair and testing or calibration facility.

(2) A "speed trap" is either of the following:

(A) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(B)

(i) A particular section of a highway or state highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within one of the following time periods, prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects:

(I) Except as specified in subclause (II), seven years.
(II) If an engineering and traffic survey was conducted more than seven years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and a registered engineer evaluates the section of the highway and determines that no significant changes in roadway or traffic conditions have occurred, including, but not limited to, changes in adjoining property or land use, roadway width, or traffic volume, 10 years.

(ii) This subparagraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.

40803. (a) No evidence as to the speed of a vehicle upon a highway shall be admitted in any court upon the trial of any person in any prosecution under this code upon a charge involving the speed of a vehicle when the evidence is based upon or obtained from or by the maintenance or use of a speed trap.

(b) In any prosecution under this code of a charge involving the speed of a vehicle, where enforcement involves the use of radar or other electronic devices which measure the speed of moving objects, the prosecution shall establish, as part of its prima facie case, that the evidence or testimony presented is not based upon a speed trap as defined in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 40802.

(c) When a traffic and engineering survey is required pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 40802, evidence that a traffic and engineering survey has been conducted within five years of the date of the alleged violation or evidence that the offense was committed on a local street or road as defined in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 40802 shall constitute a prima facie case that the evidence or testimony is not based upon a speed trap as defined in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 40802.

40804. (a) In any prosecution under this code upon a charge involving the speed of a vehicle, any officer or other person shall be incompetent as a witness if the testimony is based upon or obtained from or by the maintenance or use of a speed trap.

(b) Every officer arresting, or participating or assisting in the arrest of, a person so charged while on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing the provisions of Divisions 10 and 11 is incompetent as a witness if at the time of such arrest he was not wearing a distinctive uniform, or was using a motor vehicle not painted the distinctive color specified by the commissioner. This section does not apply to an officer assigned exclusively to the duty of investigating and securing evidence in reference to any theft of a vehicle or failure of a person to stop in the event of an accident or violation of Section 23109 or in reference to any felony charge or to any officer engaged in serving any warrant when the officer is not engaged in patrolling the highways for the purpose of enforcing the traffic laws.

40805. Every court shall be without jurisdiction to render a judgment of conviction against any person for a violation of this code involving the speed of a vehicle if the court admits any evidence or testimony secured in violation of, or which is inadmissible under this article.

SpdyEvo02
03-17-2006, 01:35 AM
i wouldn't consider that light readin but still some usefull information

Evolution.VIII
03-17-2006, 10:30 AM
So the 241 South Bound could definitely be considered a Speed Trap correct? Its a steep grade that you can coast to 80 mph down with a bend at the bottom with a CHP usually sitting just out of sight.

909Evo
03-17-2006, 05:25 PM
So the 241 South Bound could definitely be considered a Speed Trap correct? Its a steep grade that you can coast to 80 mph down with a bend at the bottom with a CHP usually sitting just out of sight.

Sorry, the 241 is not 10 years old. It might be, but its close, and I'm sure there has been a traffic survey. It clearly states that the roads must have had a traffic survey conducted in the past 7 years prior to a violation. If it has been over 7, the time will be extended up to 10 years if a certified engineer looks at the road and determines there to be no cause to alter the traffic survey.