PDA

View Full Version : Quick "boys in blue" story

CICreations
03-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Posted on EvoM.....thought you guys might like a read.....

I was just on my way home from work..... got off the interstate and up to the red light at the off ramp waiting to turn a left and my X50 started screaming Ka band so I started looking around and saw a patrol car sitting at the light to my right. My light turns green (mind you Im behind a civic and Acura both with fart cans) and we all make the left turn onto the street to the next set of lights. By this time the cop had gotten behind me at the lights. The lights turn green and we all take off and I was making sure I didn't go over the speed limit (45mph) when he turns his lights on. I was like...uhh, ok?

So I pull over and he walks up and asks if my car was new (SC Mitsu plates on back) and I said "yes sir" and I pulled out the registration sticker the dealership gave me out of my glove box. I told him that I had taken it off because I had to get the car registered on base (USMC installation where I work) and it had gotten sand all over the adhesive because the wind was blowing so bad the day I took it off and walked accross the street with it. He was like "well that's why I pulled you over because I didn't see the sticker and no tags." He was very cool and polite. He even laughed when I hit the mute button on my X50 so we could hear each other over the alarm. LOL

I think that he may have pulled me over based on the "POSSIBLE" profile of the car I was driving, but after he talked to me for a minute and I explained everything he was very cool and respectable. Anyway just thought I would post my little experiance as proof that not every boy in blue is out to get us just because they see a wing.

Sam Smash
03-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Glad you didnt get a useless ticket :)

CICreations
03-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Yea..but he gave me a fix-it ticket for the tanabe downpipe and for NOT HAVING A GARAGE DOOR OPENER!!!!

Skiracer
03-09-2006, 08:56 PM
How did he see your downpipe? Did he get on his hands and knees and look??

CICreations
03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
LOL, little inside joke I have with Sam as he has YET to produce my garage door opener that I left in my 03 Evo when I traded in for the 06 at SC Mitsu. After I signed the paperwork we drove over to his shop and I was on the lift getting a downpipe. Actually the cop was very cool and didn't say anything about the car.

dr21
03-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Glad you didnt get a useless ticket :)

agreed

Tarmac02
03-10-2006, 07:25 AM
w3rd,... I happen to know quite a few that aren't useless assholes. Although you guys in LA and OC seem to run into those more than us SD guys.

Good to see I'm not the only one that forgot my garage door opener when trading in at SC coutresy of Sam. Although I drove up the next week to get it. Helped my get through the break in period. I'd still be breaking it in if it weren't for the 3 trips I took to the OC area after I bought the car.

CICreations
03-10-2006, 07:43 AM
LOL, yea I would have driven back down to pick it up only it takes me forever to get back home. Last time it only took me 2 hours to get down there from Barstow, ca but it took me almost 6 hours to get home because the traffic is so bad. But I've got faith that my ole' buddy Sam is gonna come through for me!