PDA

View Full Version : ACRA AT BIG WILLOW

4G63 FEVER
03-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Please register early! Thank You

ACRA at WSIR - Weds. April 12th

Hey Racers,

Our next event will be on Wednesday April 12, 2006 at Willow Springs on the Big Track. The track day will be held in the same fashion as all of our other events. There will be 3 run groups (beginning, intermediate and advanced). Each run group will be given 5 Thirty minute sessions (that's 2.5 hours of track time!!). There will be on track and classroom instruction. An all you can eat BBQ Lunch and a custom shirt is included. The price is $145 per driver. It is free to watch and ride along and extra lunches for spectators are $10, so bring out your friends and family.

To register go to www.americancarracing.com or call 818-360-3906 and we can fax the forms to you.

Thanks,

From all of us ACRA boys and girls!

Richard EVO
03-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Will be there on April 12 if I can get the day off work. May have to be travelling for work at that time though.

Richard EVO
04-01-2006, 08:53 PM
This event is Wed. April 12. Only $145. Anyone else going? I have a mechanical issue that I hope will be fixed in time; if it is I will definitely be there. These are great events with lots of track time. Hope we can make EVOs more of a presence on the big track at Willow Springs. O0

Evo8supercar
04-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Hi Richard,

I might be going if I can put 1000 miles by than on my new 06 MR (Also get some tires )
Graphite Gray got it today from Tustin Mitsu at a great price way below invoice.

Jake

Senshi
04-02-2006, 01:50 AM
damn i was seriously trying to make it to this event but RRE never got my stoptechs that i need in so unless anybody knows of some shop that has the stoptech kit that fits the stock 17s in stock i wont be able to make this event. its sux cus i really wanted to give big willow another go.

Richard EVO
04-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi Richard,

I might be going if I can put 1000 miles by than on my new 06 MR (Also get some tires )
Graphite Gray got it today from Tustin Mitsu at a great price way below invoice.

Jake

So that's 3 EVOs you have now???

Evo8supercar
04-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Two the red RS and the new MR

Richard EVO
04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I just got this e-mail from Johnny at ACRA. It is looking like the event will be cancelled. I don't blame him if it is going to rain, since I hate running a racetrack in the rain. But he has cancelled two other events in the past several months for fear of losing money, which bugs me because the event organizer should take the risk. They always get lots of walk ups if it's not raining. I guess he gets a pass on this one due to the weather. The cancellation is not definite yet, but I bet it does get cancelled. :-P

"Rain, No Rain, Rain, No Rain and Now RAIN....make up your mind. It's not looking good for Wednesday, weather.com shows a 60% chance for rain. 20 drivers said they would not go to the track if there was a chance of rain. About 8 voted to run no mater what (2 with the stipulation as long as it's not raining too hard). I haven't heard from everyone, but I did hear form a few that had not register yet. So the consensus is: if there is a chance of rain for Wednesday by Monday morning we will cancel the event.

Someone brought up a good point, "If we don't know until Monday if we're going to run. When should I prep my car, I work Monday and Tuesday?" We'll I would say bring lots of duct tape and baling wire (just kidding). Please prep your car assuming we will run and if we end up not running...well your cars prepped and checked out for next time you run the track.

We've been watching this two sites to keep an eye on the weather:
Accuweather.com
Weather.Com

If you haven't emailed me please do so and let me know:
1. If you plan on registering for the event (I'm sure many people are waiting to see if there's a chance of rain or not before registering...which isn't cool but understandable)
2. If your registered and planning not to run if there's a chance of rain
3. If you are registered and wouldn't mind running in the rain.

Thank You"

Richard EVO
04-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Now that it is going to by 72 and sunny on Wed. April 12, they are going forward with this event. I probably can't make it since my RS is in the shop and probably won't be ready, and I'm not about to track the new MR that has 120 miles on it as I write this.

Go to www.americancarracing.com to sign up, and either pay by PayPal or bring cash to the track. I'm sorry I have to miss this one. :-\

4G63 FEVER
04-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Danged Rich was hoping you were going to make it. Oh well guess there is the next time. Hopefuly the weather holds! O0

Richard EVO
04-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Danged Rich was hoping you were going to make it. Oh well guess there is the next time. Hopefuly the weather holds! O0

Here's a bulletin: Mueller fixed what appeared to be a serious problem in just a few hours today. I WILL BE THERE APRIL 12. Wooooooohhhooooooooo!!

There's no problem just showing up with cash $145, but you should go to the ACRA website, and print out the forms.

4G63 FEVER
04-11-2006, 07:27 AM

Here's a bulletin:* Mueller fixed what appeared to be a serious problem in just a few hours today.* I WILL BE THERE APRIL 12.* Wooooooohhhooooooooo!!

There's no problem just showing up with cash $145, but you should go to the ACRA website, and print out the forms.

Good deal! At least one person I know of there! Great event not like the last one I saw at streets.

Richard EVO
04-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Here's what Johnny's last e-mail said:

"The forecast shows great weather and we have LOW enrollment, this is the perfect opportunity to bring someone new to the track!

NOT SIGNED UP YET...We have plenty of room left for all of you that are last minute registers. There are only four drivers signed up in the red group...an insane amount of empty track time for you more experienced drivers. Please bring the registration, release form, and tech inspection with you to the track along with $145 in cash. "

So come on out to Big Willow tomorrow (April 12). 8) O0 :mitsu:

4G63 FEVER
04-11-2006, 04:40 PM
^^ What he said! DO IT! :D :D :D

Richard EVO
04-13-2006, 12:07 AM
This was a fantastic event. There were about 5 EVOs there. The traffic was light all day, so the event organizers lost money, which I am sad about because we have become friends. However, that meant I got about 4 hours of track time. I ran my best lap ever on the Big Track at Willow Springs, a 1:37.36, which I think is respectable.

Jake was there running his new MR. We both agree -- bone stock MR is too soft and slow for the track. I will stick to the street in mine. 4G63 Fever had a slight mishap, but damage was minimal. One or two other EVOs I didn't recognize.

You all really should try one of these Open Track Racing or American Car Racing Wednesdays at Big Willow. They are super events with tons of track time, all you can eat lunch and event t-shirt for $145. You really can't beat that.

Thanks to Johnny for putting on the event, and instructors Jack and Kailo for helping me go faster. O0

4G63 FEVER
04-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Good times all around.* O0 O0 O0 Great event and orgainization!