PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a good place to do 2JZ Soarer conversion on an SC300?

EvoRution
03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Like the subject says.. anyone knows a good dependable shop that can do the swap?

pangaroo
03-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Try them

http://www.technosquareinc.com/

Reputable guys. They do a lot of ECU work and Roll Cages as well. My friend used to work their programing ECU's.

I actually purchased my Supra TT from one of their clients and did some maintenance work there. Great guys and very professional. During that time I know for sure they had just finished a swap for someone as my buddy was doing the testing on its ECU.

j_nizzle
03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
sp engineering, rod millen racing, xs engineering...only ones i can think of off the top of my head.

Senshi
03-16-2006, 07:07 PM
does anybody know how much the conversion costs?

j_nizzle
03-16-2006, 07:22 PM
the labor is not cheap whatsoever....look on spending $6000 for labor....then the extra 5-7g's for materials...

drmosh
03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
probably SP Engineering

Blaze
03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
you planning on daily driving this?
I wouldn't want to pay to get it done, then pay to put it back when the cops pull you over.

j_nizzle
03-16-2006, 07:46 PM
have you considered going a different route...if im right, the sc comes with a jz or even 2jz non-turbo motor. the main reason i believe someone would want this is for the manual tranny. some companies make a bolt on s/c kit for the sc's and xs can build you a bolt on turbo also. if you want the tranny, then i can understand why you would pursue this swap.

just from experience. my dad was planning to do something similar to this when he had his gs430. he decided not to because it would actually be cheaper for him to just bolt on a turbo kit and live with it or even buying a supra and selling the gs. blaze is right. if this car is a daily driver and will stay that way, i advise you not to do this unless the car will be used for competition only(something in the drifting world i would assume).

rubelcon
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Gushi: http://www.gushiauto.com/

EvoRution
03-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Actually, yes I am going to drive it.* I sourced a 92 SC and a front clip from a 97 OBDII supra TT.* *I don't have the time and facilities to do the swap.* The old lady is already having a fit from the KA24DE i'm doing ITB on in the back yard.

The key is a low key smog legal sleeper that cops won't hassle me in.* I'm pretty sure I can get it past the BAR (it's been done).

you planning on daily driving this?
I wouldn't want to pay to get it done, then pay to put it back when the cops pull you over.

Macky
03-17-2006, 09:50 AM
there was a white GS that got lit up on beach blvd a few weeks ago. three bike cops pulled him over and they had the bird overhead. they had him pop the hood and gave the guy a list of tickets but after all was said and done they let him go.

it had the supra 2JZ installed and was modded to the tits, sounded mean. i think XS did that one.

EvoRution
03-17-2006, 03:45 PM
no kidding. i figured.. stock exhaust.. stock wheels.. black intercooler = less hassle.

there was a white GS that got lit up on beach blvd a few weeks ago. three bike cops pulled him over and they had the bird overhead. they had him pop the hood and gave the guy a list of tickets but after all was said and done they let him go.

it had the supra 2JZ installed and was modded to the tits, sounded mean. i think XS did that one.

j_nizzle
03-17-2006, 03:46 PM
no kidding. i figured.. stock exhaust.. stock wheels.. black intercooler = less hassle.

you can get away with aftermarket wheels and exhaust...just make sure the bov stay's quiet...

Macky
03-17-2006, 03:50 PM

i hear ya.

the guy probably was showboating and got lit up.

i wouldnt have known had the cops not have him pop the hood.

those big JDM sedans are the perfect sleepers if you do them right O0

dlieu959
03-18-2006, 11:28 PM

OT... if its the white GS with license plate ABFLUG, I've seen it on the 22 fwy and it sounded mean.