PDA

View Full Version : JGTC NOT HAPPENING IN CALIFORNIA!!!!

gen4k20a2
03-19-2006, 10:13 AM
http://www.gtlivetour.com/

2006 is all about innovation and improvement. As it turned out, 40% of 2004 GT LIVE visitors were from outside of California and we had many people ask us to bring GT LIVE to somewhere other than Southern Cali. We chose Phoenix because it is still in the West, only a 5 hour drive from SoCal.

SO WHAT 60% of us no have to drive 5 hours....im not going....f that

Richard EVO
03-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Holding it in AZ instead of at Cal Speedway in the L.A. area? Well I guess the Japanese aren't financial wizards after all -- that's a recipe to lose big $$$. Phuck them.

The 2004 JGTC event was great for me because Speed Ventures had an HPDE day on the Cal Speedway ROVAL on the Friday of the JGTC weekend. We got to drive to ROVAL all day, except for a long lunch break when the JGTC cars ran a practice session, and then when it got dark after HPDE was over, they ran a practice race under the lights. Maybe the most fun day I ever had at the track. I didn't stay for the weekend races.

gofaster87
03-19-2006, 02:18 PM
What a bunch of morons. Phoenix is a shithole.

chuckdashi
03-19-2006, 02:21 PM
hahahahahaha

thugline
03-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Where will thay have it @ in AZ?

Richard EVO
03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
They probably got a much better deal at Phoenix Int'l Raceway. The Calif. Speedway ROVAL is expensive to rent. Nobody is going to drive from Calif. to the AZ event, and they are going to lose their shirts. :grin:

Blak94GSX
03-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Haha what a bunch of morons...

hagakure
03-19-2006, 04:26 PM
They are NOT going to loose their shirts. Lots of motorsport fans in Phoenix, and they are running with Grand Am that wekend as well. There will be plenty of folks there. California is not always the Holy Grail for every motorsport event. Case in point, no ALMS at Infineon this year.

Blak94GSX
03-19-2006, 04:28 PM
PIR is a shithole... California Speedway is one of the best facilities anywhere.

Blak94GSX
03-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Most racing series get their money from TV advertising dollars, so it doesn't matter if anybody actually shows up at the track or not. In the case of GT Live, unless they dramatically improved their TV exposure since last year, I think they are still relying on people to physically show up and buy tickets for entry to make their money. I can't see that happening at PIR. Now if PIR costs 20% less to rent, which is probably about right, then I guess they need a lot less people to show up in order to break even, but I certainly don't consider that "growing the sport"...

gofaster87
03-19-2006, 04:46 PM
They are NOT going to loose their shirts. Lots of motorsport fans in Phoenix, and they are running with Grand Am that wekend as well. There will be plenty of folks there. California is not always the Holy Grail for every motorsport event. Case in point, no ALMS at Infineon this year.

I would consider Cali one of the top 3 states for import racing and the import scene, so yes it would be a downgrade moving it to Arizona. I lived in AZ for 4 years, too hot and too lame out there. By the way, Nascar is the most popular motorsport there. Ive been to a couple of them.

gen4k20a2
03-19-2006, 11:08 PM
ok lets just think....the population of socal and the surround areas most likely much greater than the population of phoenix. And im sure the racing and import racing community of socal and surrounding areas is MUCH greater than AZ area...and we all know we aint going out there to watch the races just for spite cause the moveed them to the middle of nowhere. They made a big mistake....theyll learn....the hard way. :twisted:

Senshi
03-19-2006, 11:58 PM
they should have moved it to Laguna Seca if they really wanted to move it. its a way better track then cali speedway and its still in cali.

trinydex
03-20-2006, 07:27 AM
dude... i don't understand how the people in the industry are so dumb. why is it like this? i mean i'm sorry to say but it might not even be the fault of the japanese guys... they prolly came up with the dumb idea but their connections in the united states let it fly.

why is more than half the industry filled with people that can't think?

i mean even the redline time attack is a prime example. hosting a timed competition is the EASIEST way to "grow the sport" as people will throw money, throw time and go long distances to compete and all you gotta do is time and hand out trophies. it's profits for bragging rights... but it's worthless if you run the show wrong...

SpoolinEvoVIII
03-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Not a big deal in my opinion. I went to the last GT Live event to watch the JGTC (now Super GT) race and D1. Didn't care too much about the other "attractions". Looking at the schedule, I don't see a Super GT race, just the Grand Am races. Forget the other attractions and bring a Super GT race to Laguna Seca.

trinydex
03-20-2006, 09:13 AM
waht is a super gt race? but on that note i'd love to see more grand am... all i see is nascar nation.

Dmoney
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Damn I have good memories at JGTC. Seeing Socal evo for the first time was at JGTC....1 month later I bought my Evo lol. But since its 5 hours away fk that, i mine as well roll to vegas.

budzik
03-20-2006, 03:07 PM
The track scene in my opinion is very competitive and big in Phoenix. There is a big difference between HPDE 4 in Phoenix vs. HPDE 4 at buttonwillow, more aggressinve drivers in Phoenix. I went to a few events and the amount of Porsche Cup cars, Vipers etc. that show up to these events compared to some events in SoCal is unbelievable. I drove a 240 drift car on the infield track, pretty fun, but lots of walls. PIR has many national events. A Nascar event will sell out there, a good event to go to if you want to see America's finest :2funny: I am sure the event will be packed.

drmosh
03-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Interesting strategy... maybe they are trying for "geographic exposure" :2funny:

gen4k20a2
03-21-2006, 12:17 PM
:outofcloset: :outofcloset:

Ruri
03-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Forget the other attractions and bring a Super GT race to Laguna Seca.

+1 for Laguna Seca, this is a much better course. It's world renowned and it's in GT4

Richard EVO
03-22-2006, 12:27 AM
+1000 for Sears Point/Infineon Raceway in Sonoma. It makes Laguna Seca look like Streets of Willow. :D

Senshi
03-22-2006, 12:43 AM
+1000 for Sears Point/Infineon Raceway in Sonoma. It makes Laguna Seca look like Streets of Willow. :D

damn i still really wana do that track its just sooooooo far away. its really sweet on GT4 though.

Richard EVO
03-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Senshi -

Biggest problem with Sears Point is that it is very expensive to rent (more than Laguna Seca, I think) so there are very few HPDE events there each year, and they are expensive.* If you can put up with all the BS, tons of cars, and very little track time (Four 20-minute sessions all day), then NASA is one way to run Infineon.

Northern California Racing Club has Sears Point/Infineon on Mon.-Tue. Nov. 6-7, 2006, which may be your best bet to run the greatest road course on the West Coast this year (hope it doesn't rain) -- go to www.ncracing.org to check it out. O0

gen4k20a2
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Although open to all makes and models, the EVO versus WRX battle will heat up in
no less than three activities: Auto-X, Rally-X and the Car & Bike Expo.

This was sent to me and probably many of you from GT Live