PDA

View Full Version : First red light cameras, now loud car camera!!!!

kimletrim
03-19-2006, 05:43 PM
When will the government stop getting in the way of our fun!!!! This is ridiculous. The camera will somehow record a 10 second clip of a "loud" offender and issue a citation. Imagine if they had one of these at every intersection?

Here is the article:

"New Camera Mails Tickets to Noisy Cars
New technology allows police to mail automated tickets to cars with loud stereos and noisy exhausts.

Transportation officials are looking to expand the use of photo enforcement to cash in on motorists who blast their stereos or use modified, high-performance exhausts. At least one agency has expressed interest in a ticketing system developed by Acoustic Research Laboratories, a New South Wales company that developed acoustic detection equipment for the Australian Navy.

The fully automated setup mails traffic citations to passing vehicles that exceed a predetermined noise threshold. It can detect loud subwoofers, a noisy exhaust, or even an inopportune honk of the horn.

A combination of sound level meters, cameras and computer processors identify these targets of opportunity. Separate microphone and video modules are pole-mounted in waterproof boxes that communicate with a laptop control unit using WiFi. The manufacturer claims that the system distinguishes predetermined trigger sounds from general background road noise. Once the system is configured, it will generate up to 10,000 tickets before the on-board hard drive is filled. A 10-second video and audio clip is stored for each incident.

Similar red light camera and photo radar technology has generated billions of dollars worldwide. In Washington, DC alone, cameras billed drivers more than $171 million since 1999."

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/10/1019.asp

G20
03-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Man! I missed the time that we were riding horses and send mails using pigeons :-)

wirespeed
03-19-2006, 05:50 PM
thats it...its over, *can't go outta my house no more...too much big brother. hope this never happens

Alpha4LFE
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
is this for reals? can someone actually verify this?

SpdyEvo02
03-19-2006, 05:54 PM
if it does it should be easy to fight but it will still be a pain in the ass

gofaster87
03-19-2006, 05:54 PM
This is out of control

Chris in SD
03-19-2006, 06:10 PM
The only bright side is that it will ding ALL loud exhausts, so those Mustangs, Harleys, etc. will get pegged as well. You know what that means? They'll raise a ruckus and that'll be the end of that system...

chuckdashi
03-19-2006, 08:11 PM
The only bright side is that it will ding ALL loud exhausts, so those Mustangs, Harleys, etc. will get pegged as well. You know what that means? They'll raise a ruckus and that'll be the end of that system...
+1

trinydex
03-19-2006, 09:49 PM
who wants to go camra hunting?

Absinthe
03-20-2006, 11:18 AM
solution:

TBD- I was honking...

rammsteinmatt
03-20-2006, 11:58 AM
mm, i like how they target the "street racers" for loud exhaust when any comercial truck, bus, or crotch rocket is far louder than our cars.

every city bus is far louder than an evo with a greddy Ti. hell, i have to roll up my windows when driving past, or dip into a little boost, because there is no way around it, comercial diesel engines are very loud

and what are stock crotch rockets? 110 dB.........

WavMixer
03-20-2006, 02:28 PM
solution:

TBD- I was honking...
It records the violating sound.

[p]dOG.
03-20-2006, 02:32 PM
We should all move to Russia and be SoRussEvo!!!* and we can go together to pick up bread on Tuesdays and milk on Fridays.

x[corwyn]
03-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Yea the old people and lawyers on harleys won't stand for this. plus the cops won't cite them anyway.

Just to add flames to the fire... Yesterday I walked out to my car to politely talk on the phone instead of beingin a place doing that. Harley guy pulss up next to me, and starts revving it up when he pulls in. Not remotely stock. Loud as hell, as in... "I'll call you back!!!!" "WHHHHAAATT!!!" "I'LLL CALLL YOU BACK!" "OOOOK!". with the windows up. *Cop walks over starts talking to the guy. Guess what happens? He tells the guy how cool his bike is, and it sounds nice, then walks away, and as he's walking away gives my car the evil eye and even starts walking around it, checks the exhaust, then walks off. F'n HB cops. First my skateboards, then motorcycles, now my cars... I should just give up and get a harley.

Highrever
04-02-2006, 12:40 PM
We should get some "Evolutions are not a crime" stickers made like "Skateboarding is not a crime"

x[corwyn]
04-02-2006, 05:52 PM
We should get some "Evolutions are not a crime" stickers made like "Skateboarding is not a crime"

Take it from me...Those stickers didn't work out too well

silvery_eagle
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
hey... guess what.. i heard that there will have some speed cameras on 405 now... you guys just watch

Highrever
04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Wait a minute, didn't we win WWII? I could have swore we took care of the Nazi's 60 years ago...

Terry S
04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Wait a minute, didn't we win WWII? I could have swore we took care of the Nazi's 60 years ago...

Nope, we gave them a state department: http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

Terrry S

darkevo
04-03-2006, 04:24 PM
this is insane, and if they add speed ones, I'm ready to go postal!!!

Don't we get to vote on this stuff or no?!!

:tickedoff: :knuppel2:

Terry S
04-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Nope. You vote for the people that control the budget of the departments that do this stuff though. And if your lucky enough, you get to vote for the people that can make laws to slow down the release of this stuff.

Terry S

x[corwyn]
04-03-2006, 07:55 PM

Did you ever play that game "Blow the Mailbox up"? I'm sure that a similar game could be played....