PDA

View Full Version : RedlineTrackEvents in April & May (streets of willow & buttonwillow)

Chris@Redline
03-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey all,

I have some RTE events coming up in April and May.
First is a Friday at the streets of willow on April 14. All info on this event can be found here: http://redlinetrackevents.com/event_April14.html

Next is a Saturday at ButtonWillow! May 20 we have the track for the day, we're going race #13 clockwise and here is all the info on this event: http://redlinetrackevents.com/event_Jan.html

These events are RedlineTrackEvents, not the Time Attacks.
Our next Redline:Time Attack! will be all the way over in Pennsylvania at BeaveRun on May 13 & 14.
Our next West Cost Time Attack won't be until December at Buttonwillow.

Hope to see you all back on the track!
Thanks,
Chris

ChrisF
04-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Anyone here going Friday to SoW? Bring your full tread RA1's! :)

Richard EVO
04-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Running Streets of Willow Counter-Clockwise in the RAIN is lots of fun. Here's how my day ended when I did it in Feb. 2004. :buck2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/carnage1.jpg

ChrisF
04-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Ouch Richard. Most of us that are going are not too keen on running if it rains. We've all got our fingers crossed. Now I understand your "sign up at the last minute" policy ;)

PS: Richard, just noticed your sig change. When did you get the IX and how do you like it so far?

Miss Evo8
04-13-2006, 09:27 AM
He's in the mud because he was driving the Audi!

Richard EVO
04-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Ouch Richard. Most of us that are going are not too keen on running if it rains. We've all got our fingers crossed. Now I understand your "sign up at the last minute" policy ;)

PS: Richard, just noticed your sig change. When did you get the IX and how do you like it so far?

IX MR is a great car to drive on the street. That's why I got it. Compared to a heavily modded track car, it really can't compete, but then I wouldn't expect it to. Jake ran his new MR at Big Willow yesterday and we both agree -- to soft and slow in stock form for the track.

That being said, I love the car. Many excellent qualities, including the best front seats in all of cardom.

ChrisF
04-13-2006, 11:23 AM
PM'd you to take the unrelated conversation off this thread ;)

WavMixer
04-13-2006, 11:46 AM
He's in the mud because he was driving the Audi!

Here I thought that I was because Richard attended the Goku School of Off Road Driving.* O0

Richard EVO
04-14-2006, 02:06 PM
It's raining in Rosamond today (4/12/06). :buck2:

ChrisF
04-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Just got back. We knocked out 4 full sessions before we got rain and I managed to pull out my personal best laptime ever at SoW. :D Some brave folk even went out for a 5th session in the rain. It looked kind of like they were drifting though. Traffic in the advanced group was REALLY light and there were no problems at all the whole day. Very glad I went. Now I officially want coilovers though.

Richard EVO
04-14-2006, 06:39 PM
I run a couple of seconds slower CCW than CW, and I don't run in the ran anymore for obvious reasons. Glad you had a good time, and its always great to run a personal best laptime. So about the details . . . ?

ChrisF
04-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Fastest time I had ever run CCW in my STi was 1:33. It was fairly well modded with suspension and a bigger turbo. Today, I ran a best of 1:30.1 with most of my laptimes within a a couple of tenths of each other except when I came up on traffic. In all the time I logged times in the STi, I had never had that kind of consistency...EVER. Three things now that I want in order: track pads (running D2500's now); a helical or LSD; Buddy Clubs. :)

Richard EVO
04-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Nice, my fastest is 1:32 CW, although my driving skills have really taken a uptick recently and I haven't been to SOW for awhile. I ran a 1:37 on the Big Track at Willow Springs this Wed., and a 1:54 on the original 2.2 mile track at Spring Mtn. a few weeks ago, which are the two best laps I've ever run in 2 1/2 years of pouring my money into this hole. I'd be happy with a 1:30 too. Congratulations.

ChrisF
04-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Those are some good times. Keep pushing. With Mueller in your corner, there's a strong chance of continued improvement. In all the various types of motorsports, I've learned one thing: I will never be Michael Schumacher (or insert your benchmark here). All I can do is strive to get better, go faster and have fun. Next stop: 1:2x!

Richard EVO
04-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Off we both go in pursuit of 1:29 at Streets of Willow CW. :D

WoooooooooHoooooooooo!!!

nj1266
04-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Fastest time I had ever run CCW in my STi was 1:33. It was fairly well modded with suspension and a bigger turbo. Today, I ran a best of 1:30.1 with most of my laptimes within a a couple of tenths of each other except when I came up on traffic. In all the time I logged times in the STi, I had never had that kind of consistency...EVER. Three things now that I want in order: track pads (running D2500's now); a helical or LSD; Buddy Clubs. :)

So you pulled 1:30 CCW on a stock suspension? Do you have any power mods? What are they? Were you running on R-compound tires, ie, RA1?

ChrisF
04-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Yes, all mods per my sig. I was on my SAFC 101 octane map which put down a conservative 320whp at TT's dyno. I was also on 255 RA1's.

yooyooyoo
04-18-2006, 12:44 AM
IX MR is a great car to drive on the street. That's why I got it. Compared to a heavily modded track car, it really can't compete, but then I wouldn't expect it to. Jake ran his new MR at Big Willow yesterday and we both agree -- to soft and slow in stock form for the track.

I dunno... I ran a 1:21.073 at the Cali speedway infield (same as redline time attack config)... in intermediate group traffic... with a passenger... first time on r-compounds (ra-1's 235/40's)... at my third track event ever (speed ventures)... in my bone stock IX. I think the IX's pretty quick... Granted I've never driven a modded evo...

I was also at the redline event on Friday at SOW. First time CCW (1x before CW). Was much-o fun. I particularly enjoyed the rain with my street tires. Its so much easier to drift in the rain when theres mud on the track. I mean that sincerely. Plus when the rain comes, californians go home, leaving open track for hours. I had to fill up my tank 3x's that day and I still ran out of gas at the end.

ChrisF
04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
I used to feel the same way about my EVO. Then I started pushing it harder. It now feels pretty soft to me. The MR's suspension is even softer. I don't know that I'd consider it too slow, but for my tastes, more power and a firmer suspension would make it "just right". Regardless, drive the hell out of it at the track just the way it is!

yooyooyoo
04-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree the suspension is a touch mushy, I'd imagine a nice drop/rear sway/coilover combo would be pretty sweet.

For me more power would be nice, but more brake/less fade would be nicer. I've got ate blue in with HPS pads and I get some pretty serious pad fade expecially on the ra1s. Some more aggressive track-only pads are on the way and I just got some mitsu air guides.

Senshi
04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
wow Chris a 1:30 on stock suspension is great im really looking forward to doing a Streets event with you in the future should be good times.

ChrisF
04-19-2006, 09:23 PM
When's the next weekend event? Also, would love to get a ride in your car. I'm curious what more 4G63 displacement feels like. :D

Richard EVO
05-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Who's going to the May 5 SOW CW event? I hope to have my mechanical issues sorted by this Friday, and can hoodwink to boss into a day off. O0

Senshi
05-02-2006, 01:42 AM
When's the next weekend event? Also, would love to get a ride in your car. I'm curious what more 4G63 displacement feels like. :D

i cant do this event but im trying to aim for the even on the 12th

ChrisF
05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
senshi: did you get your brakes yet?

DTunedEvoX
05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
We have a private run @ Horsethief Mile on May 6th, this Saturday - maybe some of you guys will be below us @ SoW and we can say hi .. :D

Richard EVO
05-02-2006, 12:13 PM
We have a private run @ Horsethief Mile on May 6th, this Saturday - maybe some of you guys will be below us @ SoW and we can say hi .. :D

No, the Redline event in on Friday May 5 only.

DTunedEvoX
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM

No, the Redline event in on Friday May 5 only.

Ahh boo .. oh well keke

Senshi
05-02-2006, 05:13 PM
senshi: did you get your brakes yet?

normally they should be installed next week

Richard EVO
05-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I wasn't able to make it to the Redline event at SOW today (5/5/06), due to mechanical downtime. Hope to be running with new secret (or not so secret) weapon by the end of next week, in time for the SRT events at Rosamond. :twisted: