PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Vibration Issue?

Xenope
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a new evo owner since last week :).
Ever since I drove it off the lot, I felt some sort of weird vibration in the clutch while applying throttle as I start off in first gear. Does this sound normal to anyone? I usually add only about 1.2k rpms to start off, does this car require more revs? Am I letting the clutch out too slow?
Can anyone provide me with some tips/advice on how to PROPERLY drive this awd monster? I still have issues with making a fast start in first... cuz all it does for me is bogggg

gh0stch1ld
03-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Everyone on here has different ways of engaging the clutch before taking off. If you feel a vibration, yes your not putting enough gas into it. Second your releasing your clutch too soon. You need to apply enough gas and let go the clutch as the same time but don't drop it. Let it slip a little then let it go. There could be other reasons as well if it vibrates. But since your car is brand new, it doesn't apply to other reasons. Well everyone on here will give you different opinions. Try to fix the problem now before you burn out your clutch. Its not something someone can tell you how to drive. Your just going to have to keep on practicing untill you take off smoothly.

gen4k20a2
03-25-2006, 04:40 PM
ya press down a bit more and after you are going faster then normal release the pedal quicker....tahts what i do and there are no clunks no clutch chatter no nothing.

Miss Evo8
04-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Depress the clutch fully....worked for me! It feels a little goofy at first if you're not used to it but it works and all that vibration and clunking noise will dissapear!

f125gpracr
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Ever since I drove it off the lot, I felt some sort of weird vibration in the clutch while applying throttle as I start off in first gear. Does this sound normal to anyone? I usually add only about 1.2k rpms to start off, does this car require more revs? Am I letting the clutch out too slow?
Can anyone provide me with some tips/advice on how to PROPERLY drive this awd monster? I still have issues with making a fast start in first... cuz all it does for me is bogggg

What year is your EVO???

Xenope
04-11-2006, 10:47 PM

What year is your EVO???

Its an 06 MR

flipbboy03
12-26-2006, 10:12 PM
same here.. but no vibrations. i usually release around 1500 rpm den slip alittle den release. no boggs guaranteed.

Mister Evo
01-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I had driven a bug eye WRX for a couple years before getting the MR. And for the first month or so, while getting used to driving the car and not under throttling I'd still get some vibration. So I went to the dealer and talked to the tech and salesman, they both said some vibration would be normal so I guess it depends on how bad you're getting the vibration.

Team_swiff
02-16-2007, 01:27 AM
never had a problem with my clutch.. take notes for the guys.. they know wassup O0

philthyevo
02-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Hey guys i have a few decent mods and im at 8K and my clutch seems fine. How do you know when you need to change your clutch? Is "slipping" when you're on a gear and accerlating and it just slips off that gear into neutral or what?

Thanks dudes

Granny Shifter
02-16-2007, 01:40 AM
The rpms just shoot up when accelerating with the car going no where. Another issue for me was that it was harder for the clutch to engage.

KRS333
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM

Same hear. Took it to the dealer so they could look at it, but from they siad everything is fine. Has not happened to me in a while. Intereting how the tech told that the clutch did feel a little wierd to him.

philthyevo
02-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Do dealerships give people shit if evo owners have short shifter kits installed?Â* How does that work with the warranty? I have the B & M kit and its cool but lately its a little fishy and something won't let me go into R or first hear.Â* And 2nd gear always takes work. ....Â* :-( I don't know if its the short shifter kit i had installed or if its the clutch...but Im only at about 8K in miles. Does this sound like its messed up or needs an adjustment of some sort? Help please