PDA

View Full Version : Some questions aobut Dr. Grey/Gray package

Enyth
03-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I know a lot of you guys have the Dr. Grey/Gray package. I know that this package is good for daily driving, but I was wondering about the stock clutch? Did you guys have to upgrade the clutch, and if so, to what? I don't really plan to launch my car like some of you guys. :D And is C-Spec the one who installs and tunes for the burbank meets? Thanks.

Ryan

ultraflip
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
55k miles on my evo... stage one for quite a while... STOCK CLUTCH...

DTunedEvoX
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
The three people that are close to me that I know all have upgraded clutches ..
1 has an exedy twin place, c-spec I belive has an ACT 6 puck, and the other person whos local has a RRE X-Clutch ...

I'll be in the market soon myself - 45k on my stocker ...

gofaster87
03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
If youre going to get a gray stage 1 why not have the people that sell it and tune it install it(RRE and Gray). Sort of defeats the purpose of getting that specific package doesnt it.

ChrisF
03-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Just had the Stage 1+ installed (as well as a new RRE X clutch). I've done my usual hell commute the last two days and I'd have to say the driveability is just as good as stock. Weight on the X clutch is a little heaver but not enough to bother me on over 1.5hrs in bumper to bumper traffic. The setup rocks and the install at RRE was top notch. Biggest problem is I want to run 100 octane every day now. :D

SpdyEvo02
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
If youre going to get a gray stage 1 why not have the people that sell it and tune it install it(RRE and Gray). Sort of defeats the purpose of getting that specific package doesnt it.

+1 if you are going to be there you might as well get one of the best safc tuner in socal to do it

trinydex
03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
the main reason people get an upgraded clutch is czu the stock one is crap for the price. the 1+ will not give you troubles with hte stock clutch unless you drive like an idiot. that said... just don't drive like an idiot... and also don't buy a gray stage and then drive like an idiot.

the rre clutch is really good for hte value, cheap clutch look into act. clutch that is really light nad drives like stock look into exedy twin plate cerametalic.

keep in mind that a clutch install is major bucks... so while they have that out maybe you should look into other things that will be installed at the same time.

Enyth
03-23-2006, 03:02 AM
thanks for the replies guys. really helps out O0

WavMixer
04-27-2006, 03:01 PM

+1 if you are going to be there you might as well get one of the best safc tuner in socal to do it
Ditto. I had the Doc himself tune my car. After all there is a reason this was named after him. Scot has been tuning 4g63s longer than most members here have been driving.

Crash
07-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I know a lot of you guys have the Dr. Grey/Gray package. I know that this package is good for daily driving, but I was wondering about the stock clutch? Did you guys have to upgrade the clutch, and if so, to what? I don't really plan to launch my car like some of you guys. :D And is C-Spec the one who installs and tunes for the burbank meets? Thanks.

Ryan

yes. I'm the one who tune the Burbank meets people. Also if your clutch doesn't slip, don't fuck with it?? leave it alone. give me a pm.

What's RRE's number?

blkside
07-04-2006, 10:30 PM
How much did it cost from install to tune WAV if you dont mind... I was looking at a 1 and the + when I am back in CA for good...

gt40
07-04-2006, 11:09 PM

Ryan

yes. I'm the one who tune the Burbank meets people. Also if your clutch doesn't slip, don't fuck with it?? leave it alone. give me a pm.

What's RRE's number?

Here's the website: www.roadraceengineering.com

Crash
07-04-2006, 11:14 PM

Ryan

What's RRE's number?

Here's the website: www.roadraceengineering.com

Thanks,
Damn 40 miles through downtown, oh joy!

DTunedEvoX
07-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Worth all 40 miles ...

Crash
07-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Worth all 40 miles ...

Ok I'm sold,
Anyone wanna meet up there in the area sometime today or tomorrow? I get a busy signal when i call, are they even open today, the 5th of July?

Skiracer
07-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Worth all 40 miles ...

Ok I'm sold,
Anyone wanna meet up there in the area sometime today or tomorrow?* I get a busy signal when i call, are they even open today, the 5th of July?

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/RoadRaceContact.htm
Bwahahahaha, you said "Telephone" (Just Kidding!) The best time to call is between noon and 7:00pm, California time, the hours we have the most phone support on staff. Non-standard we know, but given our location (Pacific coast) and our local customer base, we have found this works best. Guys need to have a real job to pay for all these mods. It gives the people that drive from all over So Cal to reach us; to get off work, let traffic cool down, and stop by the shop in the evening. We do what we can to answer it when we are not talking to someone else. After four rings it goes to voice mail, we return all messages the same day. Many people that we call back we get an answer machine or because of the time difference, they are off work. Leave a number where we can reach you in our afternoon or let us know what is a good time to call.

After 4:30 or so people start getting off work and stopping by to talk, have their cars looked at, pick up parts, drop off cars. We are located in one of the larger metropolitan areas in the US, and we ALWAYS have walk-in customers here. If we are all tied up talking to people that took the trouble to drive here, we may not be able to get the phone.

When you do get someone to answer the phone, the first thing everyone does is to ask for Mike. "I must speak to Mike, some magazine told me he is the guy" If I am not helping someone else, I'll get it. If you get someone else, give them a chance to do their job. I could get anyone to hand me the phone all day, I got these guys because they know their DSMs. They were all customers once and have all been where you are going. Between all of them, they have personally broke every part on their cars twice and had to fix it themselves after fixing your cars all day. Ask them your question ! If it is over their head, they can interrupt me and get you an answer. Some guys will call 5 times asking only for me when anyone else here could have helped them.

E-mail works good as a way to let me know what you are after. We have DSL and the computer sits on my desk and is on all day. We check it several times a day. Essay questions life stories and story problems can take a week to answer. The best questions are ones that I can go through and answer yes, no, $100, Thursday, 25psi... We get 60+ e-mails a day that need to be answered, I have time for about 30 to 40 a day during the week. When we are racing that weekend things get pretty backed up.

Crash
07-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Cool beans, I'll shoot an email

The reason I wanted to call is to set up an appointment and drop off my car.* I want to do all the basic boltons at once, the "grey" package I guess its called.* I also want to at least get replacement springs a rear sway bar or maybe coilovers and do it all at once.* I'm gonna try to call right now and see if I get through.

*edit* left a voicemail :)

Raine3D
08-08-2006, 02:18 PM
for stage 1 on a 9. Is a fuel pump and injectors needed? Im hearing both yes and no. I know Is not only for hp gains but a safety measure. Will I be ok stock injectors

Blak94GSX
08-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Okay on stock injectors and pump, much better on upgraded injectors and pump. I wouldn't call it an absolute necessity, but strongly recommended.

Raine3D
08-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Okay on stock injectors and pump, much better on upgraded injectors and pump. I wouldn't call it an absolute necessity, but strongly recommended.

Thats almost the same answer I just got elswhere. Looks like I know what I need to do.. thanks

AlexEvo
12-28-2006, 01:35 AM
does anyone have scot gray's contact info(even just an email addy will do)?

trinydex
12-28-2006, 01:37 AM
contact rre

blkside
12-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Hey ...he is blak94gsx...like as in 2 posts up but you are better off calling RRE becaise thats where he does his magic... So try his PM