PDA

View Full Version : Injen intake

adrian
03-23-2006, 03:07 PM
I have an injen intake and everything else is stock and im thinking about getting the Greddy Type RS BOV but im wondering if im losing power with it on cuz i hear I have to get a tune on it and the BOV its gonna be recirculating thanks.

SpdyEvo02
03-23-2006, 03:09 PM
i have the same bov and intake just get it tuned and you will have no worries

DTunedEvoX
03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
On your keyboard there is a key that looks like this " . " . It is called a period. Its there for a reason ... Not to be used just @ the end of a paragraph btw ...

P.S. Just the intake alone- untuned is making you lose power ... What year is your evo? Is it a 8? Is it a 9?

Take your injen intake off until you finish getting other mods - THEN get a tune ...
Good luck ..

P.S.S. - Remember to use the PERIOD (.).

KRS333
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
With out a tune you really have nothing. Waste of money..

C-Spec
03-23-2006, 04:05 PM
SEARCHHH for the million times please.

ultraflip
03-28-2006, 07:51 AM
first off.. IBL...
second... you guys are a lil harsh on the newB...

to answer your question adrian... without tuning your car to adhere to the intakes capability (regardless of the BOV)... you may be losing power... the evo is very sensitive to modifications... modifications could have adverse effects on the car rendering them useless...

as for the BOV... it may induce rich or lean conditions when you let off the throttle... something to think about... hopefully making you want to tune your vehicle..

regards...
flip

p.s. d.i.d...i....p.u.t....e.n.o.u.g.h....p.e.r.i.o.d.s ....?.

I have an injen intake and everything else is stock and im thinking about getting the Greddy Type RS BOV but im wondering if im losing power with it on cuz i hear I have to get a tune on it and the BOV its gonna be recirculating thanks.

trinydex
03-28-2006, 07:55 AM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=19987.0

this is the reason for the harshness.... if someone bothered to look there would be no useless threads like this. cuz this thread is totally useless and i hope it gets deleted in entirety.

Raine3D
04-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I have an AEM. I have been reading that people dont notice a difference. I installed in an 06evo with 4k miles. I for sure noticed a difference on spool up. The turbo seems to spool much faster. When the turbo is spooled it feels much more powerfull on the shift with the turbo already spooled back up so fast. My friends also go for a ride and can feel the noticable difference. No tune. I see so mnay post here saying this and that about power. I dont know if i got any more power but my car feels much faster for sure and am glad i did the upgrade.

gen4k20a2
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
+1 in the injen power up top. Down low the jump is more or less gone but still moves. Uptop it pulls WAY harder...no tune

04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
yup definitely a tune is needed

gen4k20a2
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
+1 i can see where a tune would help....i do feel the car trying to figure out whats goin on in low RPMs and up high the car is like....oh ya this is the shit right here

tabio42
04-29-2006, 12:24 PM
With an injen intake and no tune back in the day. My car still made more power than stock throughout all RPMs.

gen4k20a2
04-29-2006, 03:10 PM
ya seems like i just lost the "boost rush"