drmosh
03-24-2006, 12:14 AM
http://www.glop.org/starforce/

StupidQuestionCops
03-24-2006, 12:42 AM
bull shit :knuppel2:

C-Spec
03-24-2006, 12:47 AM
god dam it's in my computer.. starforce v1 and v2 time to remove that shit :tickedoff:

Blaze
03-24-2006, 02:52 AM
I'm clean.

Yay!

DTunedEvoX
03-24-2006, 04:58 AM
My question is. If removed- will it effect game play? or is it just for copying games? I got that crap too!

silvery_eagle
03-24-2006, 12:10 PM
hmm... i dont have all these game listed... :)
but yea this sucks... nobody even know what strikes them

lagcisco
03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
stop copying games you damm pirates!

drmosh
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
stop copying games you damm pirates!

That's the problem, it's not the pirates affected, it's the people who actually buy the game!!! It acts like spyware just to enforce the copy protection and their device drivers screw up your DVD/CD-ROM drivers.

x[corwyn]
03-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Yea well expect more and more of this BS from the content providors, be it games, movies, or music. You want this BS to stop, boycot anything that reduces your rights to enjoy what you purchase, how you want to enjoy it. Our government is committing laws in place to make you purchase several copies of the same thing, to maximize profits for the content providers, at the cost of the consumer. The politicians are bought off (however you want to put it, its still bought) by the media conglomerates. The only way to stop them is to make it as painful as possible. Sony got the smack down last year and it hurt them quite a bit.

I used to buy several new CDs a month. I played and bought tons of games. When napster was going on I added up the CDs I bought...I bought more CDs in a 3 month period than I had in 5 years. Now they area lucky if I buy 3 CDs a year.

I used to buy a ton of games. I have HL2 and BF2. All the BS installed to prevent copying (IE Steam) really fubars your system and makes it run slower...It pisses me off my machine that is 5 years older runs smoother but isn't used for gaming so has none of the BS loaded onto it. We have these really impressive machines hardware wise, however they run damned slow because of all this BS that is installed. These aren't things you can find easily. If you are interested in this, read http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2006/01/rootkits-in-commercial-software.html . Anti-Spyware kits, and anti-virus will not catch these things, and as revealed in the sony DRM fiasco, they are overlooked by the very products that are supposed to protect us on purpose.

Sorry for the long post. I am very disturbed by all these supposedly "Little" things of DRM that have invaded our lives. The very body we elect in office to protect us, however is instead reducing the consumers rights in favor of big company profits. I don't like it and I don't like what it does to my machines. So since my voting with the ballot means squat, I vote with my dollars.

DTunedEvoX
03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
I agree I used to download my games but now I buy em ... sometimes my burner dosnt burn cause of crap like this .. ughh ... I did it anyway .. F STARf0rc3!

silvery_eagle
03-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Stream fks up system?
you sure?

x[corwyn]
03-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Stream fks up system?
you sure?

Steam adds a nice load on your system and stays resident on your system. When it first came out, there were issues with PCs getting hosed. Not to mention it is an online authentication process. Imagine buying your game and then not able to play it because you can't authenticate online. BS.

Most of the people I know pirate games because they are tired of the heavy handed BS they get on games. I buy games. I then go out and find the CD circumvent because the game in reality doesn't need the CD in there, but I have to have it in anyway to play. Lame.

If I buy something, I should have the right to play it without having BS loaded on my pc, have to have it authenticate on the internet, and not have anything but the software I purchased and wanted on there. I don't want or need copy protection when I went out and actually bought the title. DRM and copy protection only hurts the people who actually buy the software. Nothing is more stupider than hurting your paying customers and having the people who hack, take your product and make it play far better and simpler without the BS that is supposed to prevent that from happening.

Thats why in the past year I bought one game on the PC. I used to buy several a year minimum. DRM is great to me now that I think about it...I spend way less on games and CDs and DVDs now.