PDA

View Full Version : High Schools Walk Out!

ultraflip
03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7S4HTfeSI&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

high schoolers from all over the south land walk out in "protest" to a bill that's being decided on today.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
This is some brokeback bullshit. Should arrest and lock up all those idiots for truancy & disturbing the peace. Very obvious that they aren't "protesting" anything.

Terry S

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
a little more emphasis on this bill thats being passed today? I can only watch the movie but I have no sound at work.

ultraflip
03-27-2006, 02:11 PM
article from the OC Register:

More than a thousand high school students have walked out of classes in at least a dozen Orange County high schools in protest of the immigration bill pending before Congress, police and school officials reported.

The walkouts began at about 8 a.m. and continued through the morning, police said.

Elementary schools were locked down in Garden Grove after police were informed that a districtwide protest had been planned over the weekend by students using the Myspace.com Web site, said Garden Grove police Lt. Mike Handfield.

The Garden Grove students were believed to have joined a small group of students from Anaheim and they marched past Disneyland. They are believed headed to Anaheim City Hall.

In Santa Ana, about 300 to 400 students walked out of classes and demonstrated at the intersection of McFadden Street and Bristol Boulevard.

The students, from Century High School, Valley High School and Saddleback High School, protested at the Orange County Hall of Administration and headed toward Fourth Street and Broadway. They were joined by students from Tustin and Irvine.

There were also reports of class walkouts and protests in Huntington Beach, Fullerton and La Habra.

School officials said some students climbed fences to leave school grounds but police said there were no injuries and no reports of property damage.

Police were trying to ensure that the marchers did not interfere with traffic and that the protesters were not endangered by the traffic on heavily traveled streets.

Westminster police reported that about 100 students walked out of Westminster High School and split up, with some saying they planned to march to Washington, D.C.

Alan Trudell, a spokesman for the Garden Grove Unified School District, said the students who left class will be treated as truants.

"First offense is Saturday school, but the organizers and those who left in direct defiance of school direction could face harsher penalties," Trudell said.

ultraflip
03-27-2006, 02:12 PM
poly, millikan, lakewood, cabrillo.. etc... highschools from long beach and surrounding areas walked out as well marching to long beach city hall

Terry S
03-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Full fucking lame.

Period.

Terry S

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Interesting...I caught news from co-workers here in Santa Ana that my street is currently blocked off by protesters form saddleback, century, and santa ana high schools.

Blaze
03-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Just another excuse to get out of class.
I wonder if any of them even voted or wrote their state reps?

They may just as well march on Starbucks to protest the price of Frappacinos.

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Here is a 3 page article to reference the video!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1772835

Terry S
03-27-2006, 02:25 PM
As covered by CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/27/immigration.rallies.ap/index.html

Terry S

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
OK SHIT is heating up here where im working (santa ana)

I work by a window seat and this is what spotted flying by

23 patrol cars from cypress, fountain valley, santa ana police department.

2 sheriffs buses

2 trucks with 6 police in riot gear

12 motorcycle cops

birds in the air

As thats going on CARS GOING BACK AND FORTH with the mexican flags are protesting, Traffic is slowend downed to a minium!! ITS FREAKIN CRAZY RIGHT NOW!!!

Macky
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
great.

those f-tards now got all the cops all over the place, increasing the likelihood of getting pulled over (asian, driving an import) when I drive home.

Id say jail all of the "protesters". eff em.

silvery_eagle
03-27-2006, 02:49 PM
birds flying in the air?

sspeed
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Scary..

The media is giving them so much attention, but who gives a rats @$$ what the high schoolers think. *They earn the right to an opinion when they have full time jobs and really pay taxes. *Guaranteed the majority of them could not put a paragraph together describing the issues involved.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
meh. I'm not saying much because this does affect me and some family members. Everyone thinks that it's just hispanics that are being affected but what about asians, and europeans? They are affected as well.

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
birds, choppers

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 02:53 PM
birds, choppers

It's ghetto talk. Don't know where dmoney got it though maybe it the Santa Ana life rubbing off on him

Terry S
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Dont harbor illegal imigrants unless your an organization set up to do so. Simple as that. I would hope that people would view this just like harboring a fugitive from law. Ya just dont do it unless you want trouble.

Terry S

R3dline
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I remember this way back then In jr. high in 94-95 cant remember, there was also a massive walkout.

DTunedEvoX
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
I remember when Proposition 187 came out lol ... Walked out n everything lol

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Yep im like right smack in the middle of the protest! both of my streets are almost completely cut off. Cops have blocked off traffic to let protesters through. I'll give you guys update if things get out of control...i hope not because im right near a window.

Macky
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Scary..

The media is giving them so much attention, but who gives a rats @$$ what the high schoolers think. They earn the right to an opinion when they have full time jobs and really pay taxes. Guranteed the majority of them could not put a paragraph together describing the issues involved.

I agree.

They are not in a position to tell the government what the government should do about illegal immigration. Nearly 90% of these kids' balls havent even dropped yet, can barely drive properly, and dont know the difference from Tony Schummacher and Michael Schummacher.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
That's true but lets put it like this My parents are immigrants that didn't come into this country like they should've. If my mother didn't become a citizen or resident that means she would have to be deported and my brothers and sisters would have to go to foster homes because we were all born in th states. So maybe some of these high school and even elementary students are affected. And there are probably some asian families as well that may be affected as well. My half brother has been in the states for 15 years and I'm trying to help him finish get his citizenship since our father passed away. If this goes through then he will have to leave his wife and 2 year old son. So I can relate to this in some way. I understand all the problems with criminal immigrants and I think they should get the boot. I also belive that welfare system needs to be reformed as well. The bill even discriminates saying that immigrants can come and work jobs that Americans won't do. WTF? oh well I'll stop ranting for now

UltraCracker
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
poly, millikan, lakewood, cabrillo.. etc... highschools from long beach and surrounding areas walked out as well marching to long beach city hall

You walked out Flip? haha

R3dline
03-27-2006, 03:08 PM
^I feel you man.

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Protestors are coming down my street as we speak.

ultraflip
03-27-2006, 03:12 PM
pix?

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 03:13 PM
My digi is at home and my phone has no camera!!! so far century, santa ana, saddleback have combined..cones are set up on both sides of my street, and birds are still in the air

Macky
03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
I feel sorry for all the affected illegal immigrants. Imagine having worked hard for a lot of things that can just be taken away. Sad story, and I personally know people that know people that came here illegally.

But I also feel that in essence, the government is just doing what they are supposed to do. My family immigrated here legally, went thru all the proper channels, tests and requirements, and waited a long time for the visa to get approved. There too, was involved a lot of hard work and sweat, so I dont think its fair for legal immigrants to go through all that while illegal immigrants can get here and work without doing anything. There has been a double standard and I think it is just time that the double standard is taken away.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
and on top of that they want to penalize Americans who give illegal immigrants medical treatments if it isn't an emergency. WTF??? That's some bullshit.

Eckolaker
03-27-2006, 03:22 PM
These kids should be in fucking school, getting an education that WE pay for!

Instead they now have police departments from all over socal monitoring this protest, thus spending even more of those tax dollars.

I know that if I ever walked out of school for whatever reason my parents would have had my ass.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I feel sorry for all the affected illegal immigrants. Imagine having worked hard for a lot of things that can just be taken away. Sad story, and I personally know people that know people that came here illegally.

But I also feel that in essence, the government is just doing what they are supposed to do. My family immigrated here legally, went thru all the proper channels, tests and requirements, and waited a long time for the visa to get approved. There too, was involved a lot of hard work and sweat, so I dont think its fair for legal immigrants to go through all that while illegal immigrants can get here and work without doing anything. There has been a double standard and I think it is just time that the double standard is taken away.

Macky FTW!

+1

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 03:25 PM
and on top of that they want to penalize Americans who give illegal immigrants medical treatments if it isn't an emergency. WTF??? That's some bullshit.

That is bullshit. Thats where I would draw the line. I would personally medically treat another person regardless of their naturalization status if they needed emergency help. Thats a humanitarian aspect, not an immigration one.

But once they are free and able, they are not automatically entitled to live in the US mainland.

SpdyEvo02
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
White Power

i thought of getting my school to walk out but we are like 95% white

Terry S
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
White Power

i thought of getting my school to walk out but we are like 95%

wtf? That post makes no sense.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM

I agree. My personal opinion though is that maybe legislation is asking the wrong people. Maybe they should speak to the hispanic population for solutions

Eckolaker
03-27-2006, 03:30 PM

Ethics dont pay the bills...That being said, there are plenty of immigrants out there trying to make an honest living and going through the process of becoming a citizen. However, there are plenty of immigrants that use and abuse the system as it stands now. People who have no intention of becoming legal in any fashion, these people only hurt the system and cost the tax payers money in the long run?

Who benefits the most from cheap labor? Certainly not the majority of the public. In some cases we see cheaper prices on goods, but not really.

UltraCracker
03-27-2006, 03:33 PM

Ethics dont pay the bills...That being said, there are plenty of immigrants out there trying to make an honest living and going through the process of becoming a citizen. However, there are plenty of immigrants that use and abuse the system as it stands now. People who have no intention of becoming legal in any fashion, these people only hurt the system and cost the tax payers money in the long run?

Who benefits the most from cheap labor? Certainly not the majority of the public. In some cases we see cheaper prices on goods, but not really.

They are called Illegal for a reason... Its not really an honest living unless they are here honestly.

If you have to run through mountains, swim through rivers, avoid the border patrol and practically starve to death, then its obviously not the right way to get into the US.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 03:36 PM

True. Will I support a 0 tolerance policy for felony violations by immigrants? Yes. Will I support a program to help those that are here illegally learn to read and write english and become citizens? Of course because at least my tax dollars are going to something beneficial.
I found that guest permit visa pretty funny. You keep working that crappy job picking strawbeery's for a couple years and pay taxes + the penalty fines and then get deported so that you have to apply for entrance all over again. Now let's see how many of these people are going to run and hide so that they don't have to leave this country?

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 03:38 PM

They are called Illegal for a reason... Its not really an honest living unless they are here honestly.

If you have to run through mountains, swim through rivers, avoid the border patrol and practically starve to death, then its obviously not the right way to get into the US.

WTF? who the hell is this guy?

Terry S
03-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Check the OC thread for answers...

Terry S

R3dline
03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
wtf

UltraCracker
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM

WTF? who the hell is this guy?

You've meet me before.... *edited at ultraflips request* =/

-its cuz Im white...

Bills Evo
03-27-2006, 04:14 PM
ok here's my $0.02 worth. As a teacher at a southland high school I shall state that first off freedom of speech does not exist for me, at least if I want to keep my job.* This means that I must be careful what I say because if it counters the current sentiment of the local school board I'm out of a job. I like my job. I don't like not being able to voice my opinion as a citizen (legal) because of the consequences. That being said, legal is legal and illegal is illegal. If I broke the law I would pay the penalty. It should be like that for EVERYONE!* * * * * *Bill :knuppel2:

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
ok here's my $0.02 worth. As a teacher at a southland high school I shall state that first off freedom of speech does not exist for me, at least if I want to keep my job. This means that I must be careful what I say because if it counters the current sentiment of the local school board I'm out of a job. I like my job. I don't like not being able to voice my opinion as a citizen (legal) because of the consequences. That being said, legal is legal and illegal is illegal. If I broke the law I would pay the penalty. It should be like that for EVERYONE! Bill :knuppel2:

I agree with that but when you are desperate you do whatever it takes. And most of these people that are working hard to support their families in other countries. Isn't that what most of the immigrants come here to do. If you are working a job that get you $4 a day you would do what ever it takes to give your family a better life. That's what my parents did. My aunts and uncles too. They are still going to do it. It's not going to stop. That's what I mean that they are asking the worng people for reform

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:23 PM
And since these people make shit for a living how will they pay so that they can go through the right channels. Some people have the time to wait others that are desperate can't do that. So even if they want to come legally and much of them do what kind of wait time do they have to go through. 6 months? 9 months? and all the cash they need to come up with earning $4 a day? and still feed their family and keep a roof over there heads

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
And then they say that Immigration is hurting the state. I heard this "minuteman" bitching about seeing illegal immigrants on welfare. Wait don't you need a green card and social to do that? Welfare needs to be reformed. You know when my family was evicted back when I was in high school we had to go on welfare just help us get by. My mom who was working 2 jobs was treated like shit by the welfare office when the sluts with 6 kids that has been on welfare her whole life is treated like royalty. Now that's what pisses me off. And I will never forget that because even I got that treatement too. ok i'm done with the welfare thing. and they talk about the border being the problem. What about Canada or the containers coming in from other parts of the world with "illegals" ? I don't see anyone mentioning that? How many people here will go out and pick strawberry's in Irvine or sell oranges next to the freeway?

Terry S
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
And since these people make shit for a living how will they pay so that they can go through the right channels. Some people have the time to wait others that are desperate can't do that. So even if they want to come legally and much of them do what kind of wait time do they have to go through. 6 months? 9 months? and all the cash they need to come up with earning $4 a day? and still feed their family and keep a roof over there heads

Sure sounds like they would be making the wrong decision then. If they come here hoping to "slide under the radar" while supporting a family on $4 a day, then that's their gamble. You shouldn't take pity when they roll 7's.

Terry S

Terry S
03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
...sell oranges next to the freeway?

You might want to remove that statement. That's too easy to attack.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Sure sounds like they would be making the wrong decision then. If they come here hoping to "slide under the radar" while supporting a family on $4 a day, then that's their gamble. You shouldn't take pity when they roll 7's.

Terry S

I'm not showing pity I'm just showing desperate. I would do whatever it takes for my kids and family. Who here wouldn't?
They also don't have the luxury of getting an education. Most of the old school parents never went to school and told their kids not to go because they need to work the ranch or whatever. No education is no opportunities so they come here

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:37 PM
...sell oranges next to the freeway?

You might want to remove that statement. That's too easy to attack.

Terry S

yeah I know but whover attacks it is just an immature prick that needs to grow up. Thanks Terry for looking out

gofaster87
03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Key word here is "illegally." I have no remorse for those that came here illegally. My parents and many of my family came over the proper way even if it meant waiting ten years.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm not showing pity I'm just showing desperate. I would do whatever it takes for my kids and family. Who here wouldn't?
They also don't have the luxury of getting an education. Most of the old school parents never went to school and told their kids not to go because they need to work the ranch or whatever. No education is no opportunities so they come here

There is nothing wrong with comming here and working in a field to support a family. I whole heartedly agree with the concept and the practice. But it's not called "illegal" immigration for nothing. If you try to dodge the law for personal gain, then thats you being wrong regardless of your financial or educational status.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:43 PM

There is nothing wrong with comming here and working in a field to support a family. I whole heartedly agree with the concept and the practice. But it's not called "illegal" immigration for nothing. If you try to dodge the law for personal gain, then thats you being wrong regardless of your financial or educational status.

Terry S

So if you had to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving child you would constitute that to illegal and want to be punished to the full extent of the law?

R3dline
03-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Lets just say they need to improve on controlling the borders, remember, the dudes that took the two towers down came in illegally through Canada, not Mexico

Terry S
03-27-2006, 04:46 PM
So if you had to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving child you would constitute that to illegal and want to be punished to the full extent of the law?

If you gambled your last $5 on a craps table should you get your money back from the casino if you lose?

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Lets just say they need to improve on controlling the borders, remember, the dudes that took the two towers down came in illegally through Canada, not Mexico

Maybe capturing the illegals detain them and filter them out as to those that are willing to cooperate and stay and send back the bad ones.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:48 PM

If you gambled your last $5 on a craps table should you get your money back from the casino if you lose?

Terry S

thats just a stupid decision though.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 04:49 PM

So is letting yourself starve to death.

Robbing to live is no different than spending your paycheck on the craps table. Either way, your gambling with your physical and financial wellbeing.

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Key word here is "illegally." I have no remorse for those that came here illegally. My parents and many of my family came over the proper way even if it meant waiting ten years.

My family immigrated here legally, went thru all the proper channels, tests and requirements, and waited a long time for the visa to get approved.

My sentiments exactly. They can cry me a river, but illegally being here and expecting to be legalized/naturalized without going thru what legal immigrants went thru is just wrong.

Couple reasons why:

Legal Immigrants have to go thru screening, specifically police and FBI clearance to make sure you are not a criminal nor have been convicted of a crime (then you fall under the category of an "undesirable alien", thereby losing your chance at immigrant status).

Then for the duration of your immigrant stay (should you get approved and get a visa), you have 10 years to stay out of trouble. Meaning, you dont go driving without insurance/license, rob/steal, do malicious activities or get involved in any and all form/s of crime. That 10 year probation period is not obligatory, as after five years you become eligible to file for citizenship, but if you do get into any kind of criminal trouble/get involved with the law, they (INS) can revoke your immigrant status and deport you on sight.

There are a lot of t's to cross and i's to dot, but thats part of legally emmigrating (yes thats spelled with an "e") to the United States. This may be the land of opportunity, but that doesnt automatically mean its a free ride.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM

Robbing to live is no different than spending your paycheck on the craps table. Either way, your gambling with your physical and financial wellbeing.

Terry S

but you can't have physical and financial well being in a country where you don't make even that so what do you do? What would you do if it was you living in mexico working 12-14 hrs a day and make 5 a day?

Terry S
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
isn't immigrating when speaking from the arrival perspective and emmigration when speaking from the departure perspective?

Terry S

gofaster87
03-27-2006, 05:00 PM

Terry S

but you can't have physical and financial well being in a country where you don't make even that so what do you do? What would you do if it was you living in mexico working 12-14 hrs a day and make 5 a day?

How is that our problem? Its their country they were born there and they have to make the best of it. We cant take every poor person from another country and give them a good life. I cant believe there are people here that condone illegal immigration.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:01 PM

Terry S

So lets say that I would do the same as them. Does that mean that all of a sudden since "I could be facing charges" I should have pity and let them slide because I wouldn't want to be prosecuted? How does that make sense. If I were caught breaking a law, I wouldn't EXPECT preferential treatment. If it happened, yay for me, but I sure as hell wouldn't bank on it.

And honestly, in that situation, it sounds like their society is wrong and needs to be fixed, not ours. If your way of life is wrong, you reject its traditions and solve the problems.

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Terry-

isn't immigrating when speaking from the arrival perspective and emmigration when speaking from the departure perspective?

Terry S

yes.

i used the "e" because i was describing "leaving for the United States" , hence "emmigrate/emmigrating to the United States

O0

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:02 PM

Terry S

How is that our problem? Its their country they were born there and they have to make the best of it. We cant take every poor person from another country and give them a good life. I cant believe there are people here that condone illegal immigration.

I'm not condoning it but isn't that why most people left from europe decades ago? For a better life?

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM

It reminds me of the legalizing pot dilemma. All these smokers dont think the laws should be in place because if they were caught when they did it, they wouldn't want to be prosecuted. It's a selfish, unreasonable way to live like you dont have to face the consequences of your own actions.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Ok there are certain things on that bill that doesn't make sense like the whole medical thing. There are a lot of questionable things on there. But let's stop this real quick. What about welfare? How many people are we supporting on welfare that can work but don't work? But then we have people coming to this country willing to work? Our taxes are suporting the lazy asses? What's up with that?

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm not condoning it but isn't that why most people left from europe decades ago? For a better life?

That's irrelevant. The people who faced different laws in different times are excluded from the issue at hand.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:09 PM

It reminds me of the legalizing pot dilemma. All these smokers dont think the laws should be in place because if they were caught when they did it, they wouldn't want to be prosecuted. It's a selfish, unreasonable way to live like you dont have to face the consequences of your own actions.

Terry S

True let's put it like this. How many of us got tickets and we go out and try to fight it even thought we know we are guilty?

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM

Yes, they left for a better life.

Thats the reason so many people want to come to the US, to get a chance to live the american dream.

But we are no longer in the 1800's where you get on a boat and sail to another country. There are laws in place, the US Coast Guard patrolling the oceans surrounding the US Mainland, and the INS to screen and scrutinize every person entering the US.

If it were just as easy as people swimming from Cuba to Florida and nobody getting deported back, dont you think that would:

1) overcrowd FL, and eventually the rest of the US
2) be a drain on public resources
3) they would not readily comply with local laws

There are factors which drive people to leave their homeland in search of a better life. But those factors do not automatically entitle them to a plea bargain that would give them a shot at living here illegally. There is a reason why there are borders in between countries. America may be the "land of the free" but you cant just freely cross over the border without consequences.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM

That's irrelevant. The people who faced different laws in different times are excluded from the issue at hand.

Terry S

I'm not talking about the law I'm talking about why they came here in the first place?

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Ok there are certain things on that bill that doesn't make sense like the whole medical thing. There are a lot of questionable things on there. But let's stop this real quick. What about welfare? How many people are we supporting on welfare that can work but don't work? But then we have people coming to this country willing to work? Our taxes are suporting the lazy asses? What's up with that?

The issue at hand isn't about welfare reform. It's about immigration reform. If we were to attempt a welfare reform bill, people would be throwing out the immigration issues.

Yes welfare is fucked up, but this bill isn't going to fix that. Fixing welfare isn't going to fix our immigration issues.

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:12 PM

The issue is not whether they are willing to work hard or not. Neither is the issue that there are lazy bums here in the US as well.

The argument is that those willing to work hard are illegally in the US and the lazy bums are legal residents of the US.

As far as the letter of the law is concerned, thats what counts.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:13 PM

Thats the reason so many people want to come to the US, to get a chance to live the american dream.

But we are no longer in the 1800's where you get on a boat and sail to another country. There are laws in place, the US Coast Guard patrolling the oceans surrounding the US Mainland, and the INS to screen and scrutinize every person entering the US.

If it were just as easy as people swimming from Cuba to Florida and nobody getting deported back, dont you think that would:

There are factors which drive people to leave their homeland in search of a better life. But those factors do not automatically entitle them to a plea bargain that would give them a shot at living here illegally. There is a reason why there are borders in between countries. America may be the "land of the free" but you cant just freely cross over the border without consequences.

People on welfare don't comply with the law and drain the public resources more than illegal immigrants don't they? They can be on welfare and have an Escalade under their uncles name and use welfare money to pay for the car. And no one regulates that

gofaster87
03-27-2006, 05:13 PM

Terry S

Laws and circumstances are different in this day and age. You cant just move and squat anywhere you please. There are rules and regulations that keep things under control. The population is much larger these days and everyone in the world cannot live in one country. The only people that think that this is wrong are the ones breaking the law or have family breaking the law. If my family did it the legal way why should I want others to do it illegally? Dont bring up supporting a family as an excuse; if you cant afford a family, dont have one. I dont like paying for crack whores on welfare, babies that have a drug addiction becasue of their parents, the lazy homeless and illegal immigrants that want the same rights and privelages as I do.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:14 PM
True let's put it like this. How many of us got tickets and we go out and try to fight it even thought we know we are guilty?

Again, thats not the problem. Fighting a ticket is much different than not being issued one.

Also, under this proposed new law it would be a felony. That's going to follow you around for life.

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:14 PM

the tickets we fight are subjective - meaning you are being accused of one thing and you have proof that you arent guilty (or so as the case may seem)

the immigration issue, on the other hand, is objective - they are not here legally, they are being identified and deported because they are here illegally. If they can prove they are here legally then that's a whole different issue altogether.

gofaster87
03-27-2006, 05:16 PM

People on welfare don't comply with the law and drain the public resources more than illegal immigrants don't they? They can be on welfare and have an Escalade under their uncles name and use welfare money to pay for the car. And no one regulates that

Breaking one law doesnt make it okay for other people to break one more. There are people that kill, rob and rape does that make it okay to break one more law? We have enough to deal with now. You need to learn what logic is or better yet how laws allow us to live in a sophisticated and advanced society.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM

the tickets we fight are subjective - meaning you are being accused of one thing and you have proof that you arent guilty (or so as the case may seem)

the immigration issue, on the other hand, is objective - they are not here legally, they are being identified and deported because they are here illegally. If they can prove they are here legally then that's a whole different issue altogether.

So then the law should require that they must prove that they are here Illegaly right? Or are they just going to round up random people and put them in concentration camps? I can see the profiling right now. Random people being accused of being here illegally, hispanics, asians, europeans, canadians? It's not like cops INS, FBI or homeland security care if you have papers? If they think someone is here illegaly they can hold them against their own will

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM

the point you are missing is still this: the people on welfare are either legal residents or US citizens. whether or not they are a drain on the economy is an entirely different subject altogether. what they do and how they live their life is their business, and is covered under a different set of laws.

you can have an illegal immigrant comply with the law and use welfare properly, but that doesnt change their naturalization status.

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
So then the law should require that they must prove that they are here Illegaly right? Or are they just going to round up random people and put them in concentration camps?

That law is the one that is trying to get passed, but they do not want it to pass, simply because a lot of illegal immigrants will be affected.

So yes, if they can prove in a court of law that they are here legally, then what are they so worried about? The only ones worried about this new law being passed are the people who have something to hide.

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
So how do you knoe if someon is here legally or not? Basically I can get held just because I'm hispanic and the cop would want to know if I'm here legally? What kind of shit is that? How will that be regulated? In a manner of Civil Rights the government is saying that they can basically deatin anyone who they think is here illegaly and then prove that they are legal or not?

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:32 PM
So macky would you get upset if some cops stops you and starts asking you questions about how you came into this country? Think they will believe you with all the false documents going around? What about the doctors that help those illegals that need medical help who will be charged as felons for helping them? Churches that give them shelter and food? The bums that are now have to be stopped just to verify their identity and that will be held in custody intil it's done?

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:32 PM
I can see the profiling right now. Random people being accused of being here illegally, hispanics, asians, europeans, canadians? It's not like cops INS, FBI or homeland security care if you have papers? If they think someone is here illegaly they can hold them against their own will

You are speculating on this issue. If you entered the US legally, you have a record in the INS database and the FBI database. Your face, current address, job information, past address, the number of times you leave the country and reenter again are all in the system. You are here legally and that gives you rights, and those rights protect you.

If you are detained against your will for suspicion of being illegally here, you can file a suit, get back at the government and get even. Those rights you get "automatically" as a legal alien. If you arent, you can cry them a river, but with no documentation nor paperwork to back the story up, they can detain you and/or deport you outside the US.

sure not every case of detaining is perfect, and your first line of defense is the ID card (usually not the most perfect way to determine immigrant status), but legal immigrants also get an optical INS card that has all the information about the person staying in the US. If they run that through the database, you will show up as a legal alien and cannot be deported.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
So how do you knoe if someon is here legally or not? Basically I can get held just because I'm hispanic and the cop would want to know if I'm here legally? What kind of shit is that? How will that be regulated? In a manner of Civil Rights the government is saying that they can basically deatin anyone who they think is here illegaly and then prove that they are legal or not?

Well, lets say you go get a job. The employer would know if your a citizen or not. Or how about if you get stopped for a traffic violation. They'd find out then. That's not detainment, thats probable cause.

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
So macky would you get upset if some cops stops you and starts asking you questions about how you came into this country? Think they will believe you with all the false documents going around? What about the doctors that help those illegals that need medical help who will be charged as felons for helping them? Churches that give them shelter and food? The bums that are now have to be stopped just to verify their identity and that will be held in custody intil it's done?

im not afraid and would not care. im here legally. if they detain me and i eventually prove (which i can) im a legal resident, i can sue for damages and get back anything i lost.

there are things about the bill being passed that i do not agree wholeheartedly upon, like detaining and fining people who medically help illegal immigrants. but thats where what i dont agree ends.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM

The senate just added provisions in to allow churches and charitable organizations exemption from prosecution for harboring a felon (illegal immigrant under the proposed law).

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:38 PM

like what TerryS said, thats probable cause. if you lose anything and you are eventually proven not guilty, you can always use the law against them and sue for damages.

thats the technicality issue here. if you are here legally, you have rights. the right to sue for wrongful detention under suspicion of probable cause.

Dmoney
03-27-2006, 05:38 PM
here is a article about the protest in my area...I was literally walking distance from the protestors..

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1074415.php

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM

im not afraid and would not care. im here legally. if they detain me and i eventually prove (which i can) im a legal resident, i can sue for damages and get back anything i lost.

there are things about the bill being passed that i do not agree wholeheartedly upon, like detaining and fining people who medically help illegal immigrants. but thats where what i dont agree ends.

sue for damages? Tell that to my friend who was in custody with the FBI. He was wrongfully accused and held in custody for 3 weeks. Judged dismissed the case and he tried suing for damages. The case was thrown out even though he had more than enough to prove. How many people have sued the FBI? or INS?

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Hell I was wrongfully detained by LAPD and the court system and when I tried to sue them my case got thrown out. I'm still trying to recover the damages and this was 2 years ago

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:42 PM
sue for damages? Tell that to my friend who was in custody with the FBI. He was wrongfully accused and held in custody for 3 weeks. Judged dismissed the case and he tried suing for damages. The case was thrown out even though he had more than enough to prove. How many people have sued the FBI? or INS?

Sounds like he didn't have enough evidence to have a case. But again, was he detained for illegal immigration by the FBI for 3 weeks? Did he get out because of a technicality or proof?

Terry S

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Hell I was wrongfully detained by LAPD and the court system and when I tried to sue them my case got thrown out. I'm still trying to recover the damages and this was 2 years ago

Wrongfully detained for illegal immigration?

Terry S

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM

there are people that did and won.

their secret: they hire a really good lawyer.

the issue at hand is not trying to sue the INS nor the FBI or the Police.

If you are here legally, they know where you are and where you work. These people are trained to "find" illegal residents. how they do it is beyond me.

SpdyEvo02
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
after reading all this i say kick out all the illegal aliens and keep those that went through the proper channels to get into the US...thats it no more

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:44 PM
If you are here legally, they know where you are and where you work. These people are trained to "find" illegal residents. how they do it is beyond me.

That's what I wanna know

Macky
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Thats something we wont be able to ascertain here. I do not work for the INS.

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Well, if you want to know, go work for them. If this new bill passes, INS gets 2400 new employees a year for the next 10 years.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-27-2006, 05:49 PM

Wrongfully detained for illegal immigration?

Terry S

I was accused of not paying a fine which I did and had the reciept and print out of the entire case. I was locked at central jail for 2 weeks

Terry S
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Sounds like you need a better lawyer if you were detained for 2 weeks.

Terry S

gofaster87
03-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Im not white and Ive never been harrassed about not being American citizen. If they think youre illegal for some reason it must be pretty good. Most legal citizens have a DL, social security card, some kind of bank card, auto registration, ins papers, etc. If you dont have one of these things on you at the time of being questioned then I would be suspicious as well. Many states actually have laws that make it illegal to be loitering in public without identification. I have met people that have been arrested for this in Arizona.

Eckolaker
03-27-2006, 07:30 PM

Terry S

If you had to steal a loaf of bread to feed your kids, you were in a fucked up situation long before you had that kid. Would you bring a child into the world if you had to break the law in order to feed it?

genrec
03-27-2006, 07:57 PM
This is not a race issue. FUCK all illegals not matter what color,race or religion. I'm sick of these leeches draining our system, and im sick of paying weekly for their educactions , medical, and meals.

Lets build the wall, and close the borders, this melting pot is full!

indianevodriver
03-27-2006, 11:42 PM

"Thats the reason so many people want to come to the US, to get a chance to live the american dream."* -Macky

I completely agree with these statements. My cousins just came to this country legally last year. My mom sponsored my aunt over 20 years ago and they just received a visa last year to come into the US permanently. They left everything they had in India just to see their kids get an American education and live by American standards. I don't see why illegal immigration has to take place on such a large scale when there are proper ways of going about it legally. If life is so bad in other countries (for example Mexico) then why don't the governments of that nation try to make their country better? As far as the kids protesting over 90% of them probably don't even know what they are protesting for. It seems like they just jumped on the "O lets go and protest so we can get out of school" bandwagon.

Macky
03-27-2006, 11:45 PM
it is just that. they didnt want to go to school and get educated. they crown en masse on city streets protesting something they dont really understand.

indianevodriver
03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
^ Very true. What irritated me the most was when the protestors blocked traffic on the freeway. That has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen. They just made the drive home even worse for the working class.

DruMMinStUd06
03-28-2006, 12:00 AM
it is just that. they didnt want to go to school and get educated. they crown en masse on city streets protesting something they dont really understand.

I completely agree...it seems to me that more students were "protesting" today then they were on Saturday...which can only lead me to believe they just wanted to ditch school. I was watching the news and a reporter asked a few kids why they were protesting and the kid replied something along the lines of "We're not doing anything illegal, we're just trying to get their attention."

Go back to school and protest peacefully...dumbasses. Who walks onto a freeway in a protest? Thats madness. I'm curious why the police dont just make an example of a few kids so they know the consequences of breaking the law...instead the police just watch and make sure they're safe...unbelievable.

My $0.02.

Terry S
03-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Looks like they're at it again today:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1075612.php

Tuesday, March 28, 2006
More students walk out of class in protest
Most had returned to school by midday, authorities said, after more than 400 hit the streets to protest a pending immigration bill.

By JOHN McDONALD
The Orange County Register

Hundreds of Orange County students returned to the streets Tuesday to protest the immigration bill pending before Congress, police said. About 300 students left classes at Valencia High School and Kraemer Middle School, a group of about 100 was walking into Anaheim and other groups were roving the streets of Placentia, police said. Most of the students were returned to school aboard school buses about two hours after they left the campus.

Four juveniles and an adult were arrested for trespassing in connection with the protest at Valencia High School, police said.

In Costa Mesa, about 100 students protested at city hall.

The walkout there was reported to have started before 9 a.m. at TeWinkle Middle School and spread to Costa Mesa High School. Police said about 200 students were at city hall by 9 a.m. the city hall demonstration was over by about 11 a.m. About 100 youngsters, ranging from Costa Mesa High School students to sixth-graders, moved on Estancia High School where they yelled for students to join them.

Santa Ana police reported that schools in the city were locked down to prevent a recurrence of the tense confrontation between thousands of students and hundreds of police in the civic center area of the city Monday.

Police were sent to several of the high schools to help officials stop youngsters from leaving, Santa Ana police reported.

In Anaheim, small walkouts were reported in several middle schools, and several groups numbering about 30 were walking on local streets, said Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez.

About 70 students were reportedly protesting outside Westminster High School. In Huntington Beach police reported about 30 protesters.

Orange police reported that about 30 students walked out from El Modena High School but returned to classes after walking about a mile in the rain. Shortly before noon, about 50 students left Orange High School and were headed toward the Orange Plaza, where a demonstration was held Monday.

Macky
03-28-2006, 04:23 PM
idiots.

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 04:40 PM
+1 I'm somwhat satisfied with the decision. Haven't looked into it though. Why they walked out? That's just stupid

Macky
03-28-2006, 04:42 PM
because they are teenagers who want to have an easy life, take for granted what a lot of people outside the US are killing each other for, and dont have have a clue as to what really amounts to a successful and meaningful protest.

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 04:44 PM
because they are teenagers who want to have an easy life, take for granted what a lot of people outside the US are killing each other for, and dont have have a clue as to what really amounts to a successful and meaningful protest.

You know who I really give credit too though. Soldiers that aren't citizens but are out there fighting for this country. Now that's dedication and loyalty

Terry S
03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Most of those people do it to become citizens.. I knew a few of those in my bootcamp platoon. The guy we had from Guam had it the worse though. He had to pay taxes, and he could fight in the military, but they get no voting privilges there nor can they get welfare/medicare/SS/etc... or so he said.

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Most of those people do it to become citizens.. I knew a few of those in my bootcamp platoon. The guy we had from Guam had it the worse though. He had to pay taxes, and he could fight in the military, but they get no voting privilges there nor can they get welfare/medicare/SS/etc... or so he said.

Terry S

You're a reserve huh?

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 04:56 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck02.gif

Ricardon
03-28-2006, 05:17 PM
These kids...every single one of them...needs to cut their wrists and slit their own throats. I volunteer to help! I actually wrote a long drawn out post here, but apparently I ninja'd myself and closed the box before hitting post

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 05:18 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck02.gif

Ricardon
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
I've got the internet naz's here Dustin...all I see is white boxes

Terry S
03-28-2006, 05:25 PM

Terry S

You're a reserve huh?

Yup

Terry S

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 05:27 PM

Terry S

You're a reserve huh?

Yup

Terry S

ha ha loser. Nah I'm just playing with ya

Terry S
03-28-2006, 05:35 PM
No, i'm a loser. I know it. It's ok. :2funny:

Terry S

Ricardon
03-28-2006, 05:39 PM
No, i'm a loser. I know it. It's ok. :2funny:

Terry S

Once again, Terry speaks the truth!! When you coming toan OC meet man? we would have a blast capping on morons like these retarded kids walking out of classes!!

Terry S
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Hold on, I've got a double head shot on two of em...

Ok, what were you saying again? ;)

I dunno on the meet. Maybe Thursday I'll come out to the OC meet, depends on the wife.

Terry S

Ricardon
03-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Bring the wife.

Ok, I know it's going to sound harsh, and I know I'm going to catch flack for this but fck it...

Why couldn't the Columbine incident happen at one of these schools?

Chris in SD
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Between all these f'in illegal immigration protestors and wanna-be walkout kids, I don't know who I'd rather throw on a slowly sinking container ship first...

SpdyEvo02
03-28-2006, 11:32 PM
This is not a race issue. FUCK all illegals not matter what color,race or religion. I'm sick of these leeches draining our system, and im sick of paying weekly for their educactions , medical, and meals.

ROFL @ Genrec

j_nizzle
03-29-2006, 08:28 AM

ROFL @ Genrec

he's right though. most of the people protesting are just people who want to skip school. the people that are illegal are just laying low. berling seems to come to mind with the wall thing.

KRS333
03-29-2006, 10:20 AM
This kids a fucking idiots. They make it seem like the Latino race is being picked on but they are not. Being a imagrant does not consist of being a Mexican but in fact all backgrounds. One walk out is ok but then you have a 2nd & a 3rd & a 4th ETC. WHY! How many off this ignorant kids will wake up early Saturday morning to do a peaceful protest? Or what about after school? I can bet it will not be the turn out they have had during school hours. They are using this shit as a excuse to get out of school & waste are fucking tax money so they can look like dumb asses..

gen4k20a2
03-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I was watching the news and when they asked a kid why he was protesting he say, " I dont know i just got up and left!". I was like WTF. someone shoot these people cause they obviously have no idea what they are doing nor do they care

KRS333
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
I was watching the news and when they asked a kid why he was protesting he say, " I dont know i just got up and left!". I was like WTF. someone shoot these people cause they obviously have no idea what they are doing nor do they care

Enough said. Get a fucking education before you make yourself look stupid. Damn kids..

speedracer2169
03-29-2006, 11:03 AM

Enough said. Get a fucking education before you make yourself look stupid. Damn kids..

Again like I said 90% of them are just part of the bandwagon

indianevodriver
03-29-2006, 11:41 AM

Again like I said 90% of them are just part of the bandwagon

You bastard guy i said that not you! :-P

lol j/k

Highrever
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
You guys got to realize our politicians WANT immigrants in our country. Republicans want them because they are pro-big bussiness which LOOOVES cheap labor, and the Dems want them because they figure they will turn into Democrats later on and support their party. It's fucking disgusting to watch politicians destroy this country for their own greedy wants, hell with the line between rich and poor getting bigger, it's not going to affect the affluent that essentially run this country. This id exactly how the Roman empire fell, from the infrastructure.

With that being said I understand how people would want to live in this country. I'm as white as they come ( a little Italian in my blood) but I grew up dirt poor in Bell, Ca a very hispanic suburb close to Huntington Park, Southgate, Bellflower etc. Most of my friends are hispanic, my wife is hispanic, I lived the lifestyle and have seen my friends parents come here legaly on work visas in the 60's/70's and work their way to full citizinship the right way. Nothing pisses them off more then to watch thier countrymen come over and expect to be waited on hand and foot "Why should they get a free ride? I didn't?"

The only solution now that it has become a epidemic, in the nature of an overwhelmed health care system, welfare system, etc is like others have said, sorry country's full. Look at the Dutch, they had a come one come all system like us until they let alot of Muslims come in ( nothing wrong with Muslims mind you) and try to take over the country, it's damn near impossible now for anyone to become a citizen of Holland if you are not naturally born, we need to adopt a similar way of thinking or risk a collapse, anyone should be allowed to live, work, and raise families in this country, but it must be done the right way, the way this country was built, hard work and determination.

Being self employed i'm glad I don't contribute much to SSI or pay for these outstretched beggers hands doing the "gimme gimme" wave, I just have any respect for anyone expecting things to fall into their lap without busting some ass.

Terry S
03-30-2006, 10:47 AM
And it never ends...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/03/30/immigration.students.ap/index.html

Teachers, students find lessons in walkouts

Thursday, March 30, 2006; Posted: 10:13 a.m. EST (15:13 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Teachers and students are turning the pro-immigration walkouts that have emptied high schools across Southern California into a real-life lesson about immigration policy, the lawmaking process and civic duty itself.

"So do you think yesterday was a good thing or a bad thing?" teacher Christian Quintero asked his social studies class about Monday's walkout, which involved an estimated 36,000 students in Los Angeles County, including many from Belmont High, where he teaches.

"A good thing!" a boy in the back shouted.

"Why?"

"Because we let them know what's up," the boy said.

Students in the Los Angeles school system -- which is the nation's second-largest district and is 73 percent Hispanic -- have walked out of class along with thousands of other young people in other U.S. cities over the past few days to protest legislation on Capitol Hill that would crack down on the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants.

Among other things, the legislation would make it a crime to be in this country illegally.

The morning was relatively quiet in the Los Angeles district after two days of protests that began with blocked freeways and pleas from the mayor to go back to class, and escalated Tuesday to school lockdowns and scores of truancy citations.

In classrooms and halls, students debated whether the protests were effective and whether leaving class was the right thing to do.

Turning life into lessons
Some teachers seized the opportunity to make the connection between the textbook and real life. Some offered lessons on how a bill becomes law. In one school, lunchtime morphed into a forum on immigration policy.

"There is an opportunity to take this and fold it into what students are learning in their government, history and civics classes," said district spokeswoman Susan Cox.

The principal at Belmont told teachers to let students talk freely about the walkouts but to stress "the merits of being in school and continuing with their studies to make a difference."

Keeping youngsters in class also helps the 746,000-student district, which because of the walkouts stands to lose more than $500,000 in state money that is based on attendance.

Ernesto Torres, a 10th-grade history teacher, fielded questions about legislation working its way through Congress.

Why is the government targeting immigrants? one student asked.

Torres asked the 18-year-old whether he registered to vote. When the student said no, Torres responded, "That's why."

The students were surprised to learn theirs was not the first mass student protest in Los Angeles history. Torres told them about the landmark 1968 Chicano walkouts to protest poor conditions in East Los Angeles.

"You are a part of history now," Torres said.

Several protests continued Wednesday. In the southern San Joaquin Valley, up to 1,800 students snarled traffic in Bakersfield. In San Diego, more than 1,000 students staged walkouts.

In Texas, hundreds of high school students in El Paso marched toward the Mexican border, despite threats they would be suspended for leaving classes.

Similar protests also were staged in Arizona and Tennessee.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Macky
03-30-2006, 11:24 AM

jeez, someone shoot this kid in the head.

Terry S
03-30-2006, 11:32 AM

Awesome, huh.

Terry S

Macky
03-30-2006, 11:36 AM

Awesome, huh.

Terry S

Let "them know what's *up*"?

couldnt that moron be any more specific?

by definition:

Main Entry: 1up
Pronunciation: '&p
Function: adverb
Etymology: partly from Middle English up upward, from Old English up; partly from Middle English uppe on high, from Old English; both akin to Old High German uf up and probably to Latin sub under, Greek hypo under, hyper over -- more at OVER
1 a (1) : in or into a higher position or level; especially : away from the center of the earth (2) : from beneath the ground or water to the surface (3) : from below the horizon (4) : UPSTREAM (5) : in or into an upright position ; especially : out of bed b : upward from the ground or surface c : so as to expose a particular surface
2 : with greater intensity
3 a : in or into a better or more advanced state b : at an end c : in or into a state of greater intensity or excitement d : in a continual sequence : in continuance from a point or to a point
4 a (1) : into existence, evidence, prominence, or prevalence (2) : into operation or practical form b : into consideration or attention
5 : into possession or custody
6 a : ENTIRELY, COMPLETELY b -- used as an intensifier
7 : in or into storage : BY
8 a : so as to arrive or approach b : in a direction conventionally the opposite of down: (1) : to windward (2) : NORTHWARD (3) : to or at the top (4) : to or at the rear of a theatrical stage
9 : in or into parts
10 : to a stop -- usually used with draw, bring, fetch, or pull
11 : for each side

so, unless I cant read or am blind, I missed the part of the definition of *up* that pertains to immigration reform.

thats the problem with teenage kids nowadays. they should stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Bills Evo
03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
99% of them are ignorant and lazy and need to really pay attention in English class. "wuz up"? your ass, your nose, what the hell is wrong with English? Not spanglish or ebonics or jivelish or ...
* * Most kids want to blame their teachers for...everything. When we all realize that the first and only way to change where we are or how we are is to start with and end with ourself, then our life will change. Our thinking needs to be changed, not to blame anyone.* * * * * * * * * * * * * My $0.02* * * Bill

Terry S
03-31-2006, 02:20 PM
...snip...Our thinking needs to be changed, not to blame anyone...snip...

Exactly. +1

Terry S

Terry S
03-31-2006, 05:46 PM
And the walkouts resume...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190085,00.html

West Coast Students Renew Walkouts
Friday, March 31, 2006

LAS VEGAS — Students walked out at nearly two dozen schools Friday in a renewal of protests over immigration policies being debated in Congress.

Police and school officials said at least 3,000 students left after the morning bell at 22 area high schools, middle school campuses and the Community College of Southern Nevada.

One student was arrested for carrying a gun, but no shots were fired, police Sgt. Chris Jones said. No injuries were reported.

"At this point it's peaceful," Jones said from a county emergency operations center activated to monitor the rallies scattered around the city. "Our concern is strictly public safety and to allow them to assemble peacefully."

Groups of students marched to several locations, including the Las Vegas Strip, and rallied at City Hall and the county courthouse.

"It's an organized protest in that they all knew about it, but it's disorganized in that they don't all have one place to go," Jones said.

The largest number of students rallied outside the Clark County Regional Justice Center in downtown Las Vegas before marching to the nearby federal building, where the crowd snarled Las Vegas Boulevard.

Under a heavy police presence, the students chanted slogans and carried Mexican and American flags as they called for an end to anti-immigrant legislation.

Heleodoro Carillo, 14, an eighth grader at a Las Vegas middle school said he joined the protest after arriving at school "so we can take off the law."

"They want to put the law at the border so Mexicans can't cross," Carillo said.

Ashlee Espinoza, 16, who attends Desert Pines High School, said the government is unfairly targeting Hispanics.

"It's not fair that they just focus on us," said Espinoza, who was born in Santa Maria, Calif., and has live in Las Vegas for nine years. "I'm an American. Some of us we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

A police helicopter circled overhead and dozens of officers, including some on horseback and motorcycles monitored the crowd.

Students left as the school day began at campuses in Las Vegas and Henderson, Clark County school spokesman Dave Sheehan said.

"It's all about the immigration issue," Sheehan said. "It's in protest of what they consider to be their complaints with the immigration legislation."

The House has passed legislation limited to tightening borders and making it a crime to be in the United States illegally or to offer aid to illegal immigrants. The Senate is debating the issue.

Schools remained open at campuses throughout the district, the nation's fifth-largest, with 317 schools and 297,000 students.

Administrators had urged parents to keep their children in school Friday, warning that students declared truant could face discipline.

"Thank goodness there's no violence reported," Sheehan said. "But the district is adamant: Kids should stay in school and not get it on their record that they're truant."

More than 1,000 students had walked out Tuesday at campuses around the district and headed for the Strip before police ushered them to a school grandstand for peaceful demonstrations.

speedracer2169
03-31-2006, 05:49 PM
meh now it's getting stupid

j_nizzle
03-31-2006, 06:00 PM
And the walkouts resume...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190085,00.html

West Coast Students Renew Walkouts
Friday, March 31, 2006

LAS VEGAS — Students walked out at nearly two dozen schools Friday in a renewal of protests over immigration policies being debated in Congress.

Police and school officials said at least 3,000 students left after the morning bell at 22 area high schools, middle school campuses and the Community College of Southern Nevada.

One student was arrested for carrying a gun, but no shots were fired, police Sgt. Chris Jones said. No injuries were reported.

"At this point it's peaceful," Jones said from a county emergency operations center activated to monitor the rallies scattered around the city. "Our concern is strictly public safety and to allow them to assemble peacefully."

Groups of students marched to several locations, including the Las Vegas Strip, and rallied at City Hall and the county courthouse.

"It's an organized protest in that they all knew about it, but it's disorganized in that they don't all have one place to go," Jones said.

The largest number of students rallied outside the Clark County Regional Justice Center in downtown Las Vegas before marching to the nearby federal building, where the crowd snarled Las Vegas Boulevard.

Under a heavy police presence, the students chanted slogans and carried Mexican and American flags as they called for an end to anti-immigrant legislation.

Heleodoro Carillo, 14, an eighth grader at a Las Vegas middle school said he joined the protest after arriving at school "so we can take off the law."

"They want to put the law at the border so Mexicans can't cross," Carillo said.

Ashlee Espinoza, 16, who attends Desert Pines High School, said the government is unfairly targeting Hispanics.

"It's not fair that they just focus on us," said Espinoza, who was born in Santa Maria, Calif., and has live in Las Vegas for nine years. "I'm an American. Some of us we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

A police helicopter circled overhead and dozens of officers, including some on horseback and motorcycles monitored the crowd.

Students left as the school day began at campuses in Las Vegas and Henderson, Clark County school spokesman Dave Sheehan said.

"It's all about the immigration issue," Sheehan said. "It's in protest of what they consider to be their complaints with the immigration legislation."

The House has passed legislation limited to tightening borders and making it a crime to be in the United States illegally or to offer aid to illegal immigrants. The Senate is debating the issue.

Schools remained open at campuses throughout the district, the nation's fifth-largest, with 317 schools and 297,000 students.

Administrators had urged parents to keep their children in school Friday, warning that students declared truant could face discipline.

"Thank goodness there's no violence reported," Sheehan said. "But the district is adamant: Kids should stay in school and not get it on their record that they're truant."

More than 1,000 students had walked out Tuesday at campuses around the district and headed for the Strip before police ushered them to a school grandstand for peaceful demonstrations.

everysingle one of the kids who participated in that stupid protest deserves to be shot for not knowing what the fuck they were talking/protesting about. fkn morons!

Shortee
03-31-2006, 08:25 PM
"I'm an American. Some of us we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

how can the border cross them? if she wants to make an arguement why not make a better one? X|

j_nizzle
03-31-2006, 10:18 PM
i just pwn3d some dumbass from van nuys high school trying to defend the protestors that are anti-new bill....fkr didnt even know what the bill was for. he'll shut up and shove his sohc non-vtec ek9 dreams up his ass!

ultrawifey
04-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Ouch. I mean it's one thing to protest, but at least know wth your protesting about.

j_nizzle
04-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Ouch. I mean it's one thing to protest, but at least know wth your protesting about.

w3rd!

Shortee
04-02-2006, 08:39 AM

half the kids walking dont even know why they're walking out. if theyre trying to make a point they gotta figure out what point they're making X|

Dmoney
04-03-2006, 08:45 AM

half the kids walking dont even know why they're walking out. if theyre trying to make a point they gotta figure out what point they're making X|

i'll give you a point

x[corwyn]
04-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Come on now... How long do Mexicans think we can subsidize everything? I mean, hispanic population is about to become the majority here. If you invite all your friends and family to come over the border, and have 10 kids.... Who is going to pick up the tab for the welfare, for the free medical care, the ESL for people that should actually make more of an effort to learn to communicate in the country they immgigrated to, and subsidize all the affirmative action stuff going on.... BTW when hispanics are a majority do we really have to still do this Affirmative Action stuff? I mean I wonder when people figure that out for racism. I mean I sure would have liked to have gone to school for free, and gotten all those special programs, back when I was in my late teens/early 20s.

ErroR
04-03-2006, 06:02 PM
this is an email I received the other day.

1. Try driving around as a Gringo in Mexico with no

liability insurance, and have an accident.

2. Enter MEXICO illegally - never mind immigration quotas,

visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.

3. Once there, demand that the local government provide

free medical care for you and your entire family.

4. Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.

5. Demand free bilingual local government forms,

bulletins, etc.

6. Speak only English at home and in public and insist

that your children do likewise.

7. Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican

school system.

8. Demand a local Mexican drivers license. This will

afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your

unauthorized, illegal, presence in Mexico.

9. Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English

to all its officers.

Good luck!

It will not happen in Mexico or any other country

in the world except right here in the United States...

Land of those who want to take care of everyone

but American Citizens!

These "students" protesting just haven't the slightest clue what the hell is
really going on...just want an excuse to leave school. what a disgrace to
AMERICA, our country. If you're gonna waive a Mexican flag to support your
heritage, fine. Just make sure there is an American one next to it...the
land that gives all the immigrants, and yourselves, the benefits.... IF
Mexico is SOOOOO great - why the hell leave it and come to America? Think
about it! Mexico isn't giving their people what they deserve and thats why
they want to be here in America, so why waive the Mexican flag so proudly in
the USA? What is Mexico really doing for its people - except making them
desparate to leave? Its not about people coming to America...just come
legally, so the legal system, education, medical, housing, etc., can work
more smoothly and fair for those who are citizens, and those who long to be.

Macky
04-03-2006, 07:19 PM
dave whoever sent you the email should be the next president.

R3dline
04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Somebody sent me that same email on myspace

x[corwyn]
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM

Makes it no less true.

I had a job that had me driving to Ensenda a few times a month. Any time a police officer saw a blonde hair guy driving with cali plates, guess what they did? They pulled me over. Checked to make sure I had mexican insurance. If I didn't have it, it would have been straight to jail. Not too sure about being deported or anything like that. Once they saw I had it, no "Thank you,sir" or anything like that. They just walked off irritated.

silvery_eagle
04-04-2006, 12:47 PM
]

Makes it no less true.

I had a job that had me driving to Ensenda a few times a month. Any time a police officer saw a blonde hair guy driving with cali plates, guess what they did? They pulled me over. Checked to make sure I had mexican insurance. If I didn't have it, it would have been straight to jail. Not too sure about being deported or anything like that. Once they saw I had it, no "Thank you,sir" or anything like that. They just walked off irritated.

wtf... this is not right..
i planned to go there sometime but now.. no thx